Chapter 53 - Notice me

The ride going back was eerily quiet, not a word came out of anyone's mouth. But everyone's more somber faces told stories. I looked over to the girls who were sitting in the back. They had their heads in their phones, and Val looked a bit hurt. I wanted to say something to make things better, but that definitely wasn't my department.

I looked over to Leo, he was the one I was really worried about. He hadn't said a word since he walked over to us. And it was like he was staring at something specific up in the sky, like there was something we weren't seeing. And even Zack was brooding on Bean's head like Batman!

I sighed and leaned against the railing. I guess I should give zack credit for his comedic relief abilities. I literally had no idea what to do here...

"So Stryder, you and Elizabeth official now?" Alexis blurted out from the silence.

I jumped a little at the question. My mind immediately becoming a tsunami of thoughts. I tried to talk but I just ended up coughing. What!? Me and Elizabeth!? Why would they think..? Suddenly the memory of the diner came into my mind, and then the hug goodbye, plus her kissing me. I bet everyone thinks we're together!

"Yeah seriously! You really are trying to steal the promised land of booty from me!" Zack cried.

"Idiots.." I heard Leo sigh.

"Oh shut it! Wait till your voice drops! I bet you'll be singing a different tune by then."

"Whatever." Leo sighed again. "You gotta be blind to not know what's going on."

"Well Stryder, what exactly is going on?" Alexis chimed in.

I looked around, and suddenly everyone was staring at me with wide eyes. You gotta be kidding me. Was everyone on edge because of that!?

"W-well, of course me and her aren't a thing! She just kissed me unexpectedly is all.."

Alexis snickered.

"Well, I can sense some feelings you have lingering about her. So are you really sure?"

I blushed a bit, my eyes glancing at Valentina. She seemed really into this too...

"Look, I-

"Answer it shield boy! Do I gotta tell sis her knight has fallen for the pirates!?" 

His tone was different. It's probably nothing no one else could pick up on. It was clear he was having a hard time keeping the joking persona.

How should I answer this? I can upset Zack and probably Annual too, plus Valentina. 

'What kind of person do you want to be.'

Jack's words rang back into my mind. What kind of person do I want to be? I promised I'd be honest, didn't I?

"Look, me and Lizbeth aren't a thing. I won't lie and say I'm not attracted to her, nor will I say I never thought about more with her. But if I'm being honest when I'm with her. I don't feel like I could be more than friends."

"Do you like someone else right now?"  Alexis hummed. 

And I felt the warmth rise to my chest as she asked. 

"I-Its complicated," I mumbled.

Everyone was still squinting their eyes at me. But they seem to pull back. 

"Can we end the teen melodrama already? It's making me sick." Leo groaned.

"Your hot dragon breath is making me sick. But you don't see me complaining." Zack fired back.