Chapter 24: 𝑻𝒆𝒙𝒕

After the officers concluded their initial investigation and gathered statements from witnesses, some inspectors began taking photos of the scene while others continued to question students. An ambulance arrived to transport Rob's body, and a team of personnel worked to clean up the area.

As the chaos gradually settled, one of the officers approached us, remarking, "The note has been bugging me a lot, I think this might be the work of a crazy stalker."

The dean of the college joined the conversation, concerned about the future of the institution. "So, does this mean we'll have to close the college?" she asked, her voice laced with worry.

The officer paused for a moment, considering the gravity of the situation. "We'll need to assess the situation further, ma'am. This wasn't a random killing. The killer planned everything meticulously. For now, we'll need to question everyone closely related to the victim," he explained, emphasizing the need for a thorough investigation.

The dean requested a brief moment to address the students and staff. "Excuse me, students and lecturers," she began, her voice filled with sorrow. "We have lost a very dear friend and student today, and it has been a long and overwhelming day for all of us. In light of these events, the college will be closed for the next week. Students and lecturers are advised to vacate the building, and an official notice will be emailed to provide further information," she announced, acknowledging the need for time and space for everyone to process the tragedy.

The atmosphere was heavy with grief and disbelief as students and faculty members slowly dispersed.

No one said anything. The silence hung heavy in the air as people slowly dispersed, their faces etched with shock and sorrow. My gaze remained fixed on the spot where Rob's lifeless body had lain just moments ago. I couldn't tear my eyes away, feeling as though time had come to a standstill. The world around me continued to move, but I felt trapped, frozen in that moment of horror.

Mandie's voice broke through my trance, her hand gently resting on my shoulder. "Amanda," she called softly, trying to bring me back to reality.

I finally looked away, my eyes still wide with fear and disbelief. "Yes?" I responded, my voice barely above a whisper.

"You seem tired. Let's head home," Mandie suggested, concern evident in her voice.

Nodding in agreement, I slowly began to move, my legs feeling heavy and unsteady. With each step, I struggled to regain control over my body. Martin, noticed my struggle and reached out to steady me before I could stumble.

"Easy there, baby girl. Are you okay?" Martin asked, his voice filled with genuine worry.

"Yeah, I just... I just got a bit dizzy," I replied, trying to brush off my physical unease as a momentary lapse.

Luke, interjected, attempting to lighten the heavy atmosphere. "So, guys, what now? Do you want to hang out?"

Considering the events that had unfolded, I quickly voiced my opinion. "With what happened, I think we should all just get home and rest," I suggested, feeling the need to retreat and find solace in the familiarity of my own space.

Talia,agreed with a nod. "Yeah, you're right. Let's just take a break and meet up tomorrow," she added, her voice reflecting the collective need for respite.