Chapter 51: 𝑹𝒊𝒏𝒈

☠︎︎Hunter's POV☠︎︎

"Where is he," Zack asked.

"He just checked into a hotel, the hotel is a bit far from H&Z, he's alone but I already told my men to keep an eye on him" victor explained.

He was second in command to brian.

"Fine, make sure you keep us updated on his whereabouts all the time" Zack ordered.

"Yes boss" he agreed then got out of the car.

Zack started driving.

"Hunter, you've been unusually calm. You're scaring me, what's going through your mind" he confessed.

" nothing important "I replied.

"Come on, don't give me that. Justin is back in town, the man who killed your mother" he reminded.

"Yeah" was his reply.

"Hunter-"

"Nothing has changed, I just have a lot on my mind right now to start freaking out" I explained.

He kept quiet and continued driving, I glanced at him and he had his jaw clenched. I sighed.

"I'm just thinking about Amanda, I don't want her to be in the crossfire" I started.

He didn't reply.

"Are you mad at me?" I asked.

"Of course not, why don't you take Amanda somewhere for a few days? We have no idea what Justin is doing here" he suggested.

"Where would I even take her-"

"My beach house" he quickly replied.

I glanced at him and he avoided my gaze.

"You replied rather quickly, what are you not telling me," I asked.

"Nothing" he assured with a grin.

"You set everything up for me and Amanda didn't you," I asked.

"What!? No!-me!? That's Invision of your Privacy....." He trailed off.

"Do you even know the meaning of privacy?" I asked.

"Of course I do, because there is no one better at it than-"

"Shut up, I know you're lying. You are as transparent as water" I commented.

His phone vibrated and I saw Mandie's name flash on the screen.

"I guess you had help from Mandie," I asked.

He answered the call.

"Hey Mandie.........I'll pick you up later, I'm on a date with hunter right now..... Of course, Amanda knows.........yeah sure, I'll run through it with Hunter......I didn't tell him, he figured it out himself.....I don't know, he's like super smart.....I'm driving right now, I'll call you later" he stated then hang up.

"Mandie, really," I asked.

"I swear I didn't touch her" he quickly replied.

"Like a day will come you will magically be satisfied. You're the horniest devil I've ever met" I commented.

"You are mean to me, at least can I be a horny angel," he asked.

"Whatever, what's up with the chick from breakfast "I asked.

" oh, you mean Luana. Mandie and I were in the mall and let me not bore you with the details-"

"But I want to know all the details of your day"