Chapter 10 : Xantris

☠︎︎Hunter's POV☠︎︎

I cautiously approached Mr. Henderson's slumbering figure,. The cold air sent shivers down my spine. With a bucket filled to the brim with ice-cold water in hand, I poured the contents on him.

As the icy deluge soaked him from head to toe, a mixture of shock, confusion, and indignation painted his face. His eyes flew open, wide with disbelief, and he looked up abruptly, sputtering and gasping for breath.

"Good evening, Mr. Henderson," I said.

"Who are you, where am I, why did you kidnap me, what do you want," he asked.

"Who are you?" Mr. Henderson's voice quivered with a mixture of fear and curiosity.

"Mr. Henderson," I began, my voice steady. I stood behind him.

I walked around him slowly, stopping when I was standing in front of him, maintaining a calm composure.

"Which one should I answer first?" I responded, a hint of amusement lacing my words. His eyes widened, filling with fear and confusion.

"Hunter, how are you alive? You were supposed to be—" he started, but I swiftly cut him off.

"My face has been on the news more than once. Don't you watch TV?" I answered back, the sarcasm evident in my tone.

Recognition flickered in his eyes, and his expression shifted from fear to understanding. The pieces of the puzzle were starting to come together in his mind.

Mr. Henderson's desperation grew apparent as he yanked at the chains that restrained him to the chair. His voice trembled as he questioned my motives.

"So you kidnapped me to take revenge?" he asked, his voice filled with a mixture of fear and accusation.

I dragged a chair over and took a seat, facing him directly. With a calm demeanor, I replied, "No, I kidnapped you so we can just chill, watch some TV, and hang out."

His disbelief was palpable, and he remained silent, his eyes darting around the room, searching for an escape or a glimmer of hope.

"Do you remember her, Doctor?" I asked, my gaze unwavering.

He cowered, his frantic movements revealing his inner turmoil. "Listen, Hunter, this is wrong. You don't want to head down this path. Just turn back before it's too late," he warned, his voice desperate.

I leaned closer, "When will it be too late?" I asked.

His fear-stricken eyes met mine, and he responded, "When you abandon your humanity. What you are doing right now is wrong. I don't think this is the life she wanted for you."

I paused, allowing his words to sink in.

"Doctor, it's already too late. I'm not going to stop. Not until each one of you is dead. Everyone who laid a hand on her, all those who watched and did nothing as she was tortured and killed," I explained slowly.

His eyes widened in shock, and I could hear the quiver in his voice as he realized the depth of my intentions. The room fell into an uneasy silence, the weight of our shared history hanging heavily in the air.