Chapter 20:Mixed Feelings

Amanda's POV

"What have you done with my best friend?" Zack's voice was filled with concern and accusation. I took a sip of my tea, momentarily caught off guard by his question.

"What do you mean?" I asked, setting down my cup and meeting his gaze.

Two weeks had passed since I sprained my ankle, and Hunter being  well himself had taken it upon himself to care for me. Every morning when I woke up and before bed, he would massage my foot without fail.

I had noticed a significant change in the atmosphere of the place. Half of the original staff members who had been present when I was kidnapped were now missing. The once-bustling mansion had become eerily empty, devoid of the maids and employees who used to walk around, tending to their various tasks. Instead, only a few helpers appeared in the morning to clean the mansion and wash, before promptly leaving.

It was apparent that Hunter had taken steps to address the person responsible for the horrendous things done to me. However, he had chosen to keep me in the dark about the details, withholding the information of who they were or the progress he had made.

Zack leaned forward, his expression serious. "He used to be brooding and distant, but now he's smiling and seems genuinely happy. It's like you've cast some sort of spell on him, it's freaking me out."

"So you're complaining "

Zack sighed, his concern still evident. "It's not that I just....." He trailed off suddenly growing quiet.

The mood suddenly felt off, and I couldn't help but sense a hint of tension in the air. Lost in my thoughts, I didn't immediately register Zack's question as he waved a hand in front of me.

"Why are you zoning out? Are you thinking of ways to seduce him?" Zack asked, his tone teasing.

I snapped out of my daze, feeling a mix of confusion and annoyance. "What? Why would I do that? I hate that asshole so much," I responded, my voice tinged with frustration.

Zack raised an eyebrow, a knowing smile playing on his lips. "Hmm, but then a few weeks back, you made a move on him," he pointed out, his words laced with amusement.

My eyes widened in surprise. "Wait, how do you know about that?" I asked, feeling a twinge of embarrassment at the thought of Zack and Hunter discussing such intimate details.

Zack chuckled. "Hunter and I tell each other everything in detail," he revealed. "There is little to nothing that we don't know about each other. Even our sex lives are not off-limits. I can't tell you how many times he's had to catch me having sex with someone, at this point I'm fine having him in the room as I do it " he added, his laughter echoing through the room.

I stared at Zack in disbelief, struggling to process the newfound information. "You're kidding, right?" I asked, my voice filled with disbelief.

Before Zack could respond, Hunter walked into the kitchen, his presence commanding attention. His expression was a mix of curiosity and concern as he surveyed the scene before him.

"What's going on in here?" Hunter inquired, his gaze shifting between Zack and me.

"Nothing that concerns you," Zack muttered in response to Hunter's inquiry, his tone curt.