Chapter 50: 𝑪𝒉𝒊𝒍𝒅𝒉𝒐𝒐𝒅

Amanda's POV ❦︎

"Stop, please don't" I heard hunter groan.

The bed vibrated as he moved. I sat up and then turned to him, he was stirring in his sleep, and his forehead was drenched in sweat.

I shook him lightly.

"My love wake up" I called.

He abruptly sat up on the bed, panting profoundly. I held his arm.

"Relax you're OK, we are home right now, in your room" I assured.

"Amanda" he called then wrapped his hands around me tightly.

"Relax" I whispered running my hands through his hair.

His breathing was still uneven, I felt his hands on the back of my head. He took in a deep breath.

"Why are my hands chained," he asked then pulled away.

"Oh right, you were still fast asleep when all this happened. After Zack scolded you at the hospital and we got back here, you fell asleep and he was worried you'd do it again so he chained your hand to the bed, the chain is long enough to reach the bathroom, he said that's a lot more freedom than you deserve" I explained.

"Oh shit, this is why I don't like being sick" he complained leaning back on the bedpost.

I placed a hand on his temple.

"Your fever seems to be dropping, thank god you're doing much better. Your manny Zack won't have to worry so much" I commented.

"Whatever" he replied.

"By the way, I wanted to thank you for agreeing to let my family live" I thanked.

He sighed then poured himself a glass of water.

"It's not like you left me with much of a choice" he replied.

"I'm sor-"

"Go back to sleep my love, I didn't mean to wake you" he apologized.

"No it's OK, I'm not that sleepy anyway, were you having a nightmare," I asked laying on his chest.

"Yeah" he replied.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I asked rubbing his chest softly.

"No"

"No?"

"Yes, no"

"Do you think it's fair? You know practically everything there is to know about me but you refuse to even tell me the basics about your life" I complained.

"I guess I'm still scared that somewhere along the line, you'll realize how messed up I am and leave me" he replied.

"Hunter I already know how messed up you are. I know our relationship will never be normal and I came to terms with that, the moment I decided to be your girlfriend. You're an unstable, mentally challenged psychopath who has an uncontrollable urge for human suffering" I explained.

" wow what a beautiful summary from my girlfriend, it doesn't get any better than that "he mocked.

"What I mean is, I know you do a lot of terrible things but I still love you and that will never change. I just want to know a bit more about you. I don't always want to kick Zack's ass every time I want to hear the truth. I want you to be as comfortable with me as you are with Zack "I confessed.

He chuckled and then placed a kiss on my forehead.

"I guess that makes sense. What do you want to know" he asked.