Chapter 105: Rai

A year ago.......

Skylar's POV

"Good Morning doctor Clocking out, "The lady at the front desk asked.

"yes, I wasn't on the night shift, the storm was too big for me to go home but now that it's let up I'll take this chance to rush home to take a shower and great before my shift"I replied.

I checked my phone, it was 5 AM, and I at least have time to rest before my shift started. I walked out of the hospital waiting for the cab I had called for.

It was still raining outside but it was much lighter.

My cab arrived a few minutes later. I quickly rushed into the back seat, placing my lab coat next to me. The driver was a middle-aged man.

"Sorry for the long wait, the rain caused a lot of traffic" he apologized as I entered.

"I understand it's been pouring since earlier"I declared.

"where to"He asked.

I gave him my address and quickly started driving saying he'd use a shortcut since my place was far.

I laid back then opened my backpack and took out a mirror. I silently chuckled, I Was a mess, my ginger hair was tied up in a messy bun, and I had eye bags and dark circles under my eyes making me look older than my age.

'no wonder that airhead broke up with me. I didn't know working as a doctor will make me age faster'

I sighed then put back the mirror.

"you are beautiful Doctor "he commented.

"what"I asked.

"uh sorry, ma'am I saw you staring at yourself in the mirror and sighing so I thought you might be feeling insecure about your looks" he quickly defended.

"was I that obvious "I inquired.

He chuckled

"just enough for me to notice" he replied.

"I just haven't been getting enough sleep these past few days" I defended.

"I can tell" he answered back.

I rested my head on the glass as I closed my eyes.

After a while of driving, I started dozing off.

"holy shit" the driver proclaimed snapping me awake.

"wha-"my sentence was cut off when I saw the Flames at a distance near the waterfall.

I had passed by the road countless times, I knew there was a mental asylum up on the waterfall and now it was no longer there, the only thing that stood there were rambles.

What I was guessing to be part of the asylum was scattered all around the forest, the road, and the river which was flowing heavily.

"What in the world happened here"I asked.

"I heard there was an explosion earlier but I did not know it was here. Dan"the driver explained.

"Wasn't it occupied, what about all those people who were inside? "I asked.

'and it happened just earlier ?'

As my eyes refuses to tear from the horrible sight, the cab driver abruptly stopped the car.

"Sorry ma'am I just heard some wood noises" he stated.

He seemed scared.

"That was probably -" he placed a finger to his lips signaling me to keep quiet.