Chapter62: 𝑪𝒐𝒖𝒑𝒍𝒆

Zack's POV
"Hunter I need your signature on some documents. you free" I asked as I entered his office without knocking.

he was spaced out staring at the sky through the glass wall. I walked closer and then pocked his cheek.

"Hunter did you hear what I asked of you, "I asked.

he flinched and then stared at me in shock.

"Huh," he asked.

" You've been deep in thought lately are you OK "I replied.

"Let's talk about this later" he noted.

"How about lunch. Amanda should be heading here soon anyway right" I remarked with a smile.

"By the way, do you mind if I were to take Amanda out to dinner" I asked.

" I don't mind as long as you don't make her cry" he ordered.

There was a knock on the door and in entered Amanda with Luana behind her. Amanda looked very disturbed, anyway she just witnessed something disgusting.

"Yay Amanda we were just talking about you. I was wondering if you would like to go on a date with me, we can have dinner just the two of us, I already asked Hunter and he's OK with it"I asked.

"it's OK with me OK but not right now. Let's take a rain check, I don't feel like it today "she replied.

I got a glimpse of Luana and she seemed irritated. She sighed and then walked out.

' hmm interesting, could it be that she's jealous'

Hunter stood up and then walked to her, he wrapped his hands around her.

" are you OK my love, how did things go "Hunter.

" Mr. Plummer died, he drank a bottle of acid and melted away, the police are current at the scene "she reported Hiding her face in Hunter's chest.

"Did they bother you with a lot of questions? "I asked.

"It wasn't that bad anyway, I just can't believe what happened. How did you make it happen" she asked pulling away.

"What? we didn't-"

"Last night Hunter asked me if I wanted him to fix everything for me and today a man who so bluntly lied so convincingly that absolutely no one wanted to believe me suddenly drops to my feet and admits everything, then there is you two not wanting to tag along today, with how overprotective you two are, you would have tagged along to make sure I didn't see him but you just let me leave with my brother as if you knew what would happen and then after the incident, I saw your car leaving campus" she explained.

"Wow our little Amanda turned out to be really smart" I commented.

"My love, this isn't even half of the extent I'm capable of going to make you happy. I know what happened can't erase what he did nor will it make you forget but at least it cleared your name and now you don't have to worry about bumping into him at all" Hunter explained.

"I never thought the day would come that I'd appreciate your hobby of bending the law to your favor. I don't know what would have happened to me if I didn't have the both of you in my life" she stated,

She intertwined her hand with Hunter's then reached out her other hand to me.

I took it and then smiled.

"The three of us will always be together, I love you both with all I've got and swear to always protect you" Hunter swore.

"This sentimental speech is making me hungry, let's go out to a nice restaurant" I suggested.