Chapter 13: 𝑫𝒂𝒓𝒌 𝑻𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒍

ꨄ︎Amanda's POV❦︎

I sighed, stretching my hands as I sat in the lavish room Hunter had dedicated to me. Days had passed since he had kidnapped me, and each day brought its own mix of emotions and uncertainty. Initially, I had expected Hunter to reveal his true colors, to subject me to abuse, and confine me to a dark, filthy room in the basement. But reality proved to be different.

Hunter didn't treat me with cruelty, despite my attempts to resist and escape. He maintained a calm demeanor, engaging me in casual conversations as if everything was the same.

Instead of locking me away, he allowed me freedom within the mansion, only forbidding me from venturing beyond its gates leading to the road.

he instructed his helpers to cater to my every need, ensuring I received five-star meals and providing me with a room filled with activities and items he thought I would enjoy. It was a game room, equipped with video games, a huge TV ,books from my favorite genres, moives and various other things meant to keep me occupied.

I understood his tactics. He wanted to blind me with material distractions, hoping I would forget the fact that I was being held against my will. And while the luxurious treatment and entertainment were enticing, I refused to let him believe he could win me over with shallow gestures and extravagant gifts. Deep down, I longed to indulge in everything the room had to offer, but I resisted the temptation, reminding myself of the situation I was in.

"God damn it, I want to use everything in that room so bad," I muttered, rolling on the bed in frustration.

Suddenly, a knock on the door interrupted my thoughts, and I knew it was Hunter on the other side. Panic surged through me as I scanned the room for a way to evade his presence. An idea sparked in my mind, and I quickly walked toward the bathroom door, opening it slightly. With a sense of urgency, I moved behind the curtains, concealing myself within their folds.

Hunter entered the room after a brief pause of knocking.

"My love, where are you?" he called out, his voice filled with a mix of concern and anticipation.

I remained silent, my heart pounding in my chest, hoping that my hiding spot would keep me out of his sight.

I seized the opportunity when Hunter entered the bathroom, unaware of my presence. Acting on instinct, I grabbed a nearby flower vase and, as he called out to me, I swung it with force, smashing it against his head. The impact caused him to collapse unconscious onto the floor, blood trickling from the wound. Panic surged through me as I witnessed the aftermath of my actions, but upon checking his pulse, I confirmed he was still breathing.

Locking the bathroom door behind me, I swiftly left the room, making my way downstairs and toward the front door. A mix of fear and determination coursed through my veins as I stood before the guards stationed at the gates. Even Hunter had never provoked such a nervous reaction in me. I realized that if I didn't handle the situation carefully, my life could be in danger.

"Open the gate. I'm going out," I commanded, mustering as much authority as I could.

"Sir Hunter-" one of the guards began, but I interrupted him, cutting off any reference to Hunter.

"Don't make me walk all the way back inside. Hunter allowed me to leave. I have an emergency. If you don't want to lose your job, open the fucking gate," I asserted, my voice filled with a mix of desperation and conviction.