Chapter 79: 𝑱𝒖𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒏'𝒔 𝑷𝒆𝒕

☠︎Hunter's POV☠︎

"Finally done, my neck feels stiff " Zack groaned tossing himself on the couch in his office.

"Need a massage," I asked placing the papers on the desk.

"I need a kiss on my injuries to make it feel better. Come here honey" he stated raising his hands signaling me to go to him.

I signed then stood up and walked over to him, he pouted his lips. I smiled and then patted his hair.

"it's already 9 PM, you should head home to rest" I suggested.

"Hmm why alone, where are you going," I asked.

"I'm going to spend the night with Amanda, I haven't talked to my little vixen all day" I answered.

"Alright, have fun," he said waving his hand

"You too" I noted.

"Go home already," I remarked then walked out of his office.

I got to my car and started driving, I called Amanda a few times but she wasn't picking up her call.

"Is she already asleep?" I asked trying her line one more time.

I tried calling her bodyguards but none of them answered. I increased the speed of the car.

"Please be OK" I chanted.

When I got there my heart dropped when I saw her flat was on fire. The neighbors were trying to put it out.

"No, no this can't be," I said as I got out of my car.

I rushed to one of them.

"Where is Amanda," I asked.

"I don't know she didn't come out when the fire started. We informed the fire station they should be here soon" he said.

Without even giving it a second thought I rush inside the burning house. I couldn't see a darn thing because there was smoke and flames everywhere.

"Amanda" I called coughing.

"Amanda" I shouted again but there still was no reply.

I continued walking around when I got close to the kitchen I stumbled and fell to the ground. I started feeling my way around, my eyes were burning from the smoke and I was sweating profusely because of the fire.

I crawled around for a bit until I felt something, it was a hand. I got closer and saw Amanda.

"My love" I called.

I started to feel a little lightheaded, I was so tired.

"Amanda open your eyes" I boomed.

When I held her head I felt my hand getting wet.

"Blood—its blood. Why are you bleeding" I started to panic.

I picked her up and then started rushing to the front door but the fire blocked out the path so I had to go through the back door. Thankfully it was easy to kick down.

When I got outside, I placed Amanda on the grass as her neighbors crowded us.

"Please give her some space to breath" I ordered.

Everyone backed away. I started giving her CPR for a while but nothing was working.

"Amanda come on. Someone call an ambulance" I barked.

I tried one more time and she finally responded. She jointed up in a coughing fit. I took out my handkerchief and press it on her head to stop the bleeding.