Chapter 6: Movies pt 2

Zack's POV

"Hey, wait up!" I screamed as I rushed to catch up with the man.

It was a dark, moonlit night, with a chill in the air that sent shivers down my spine. The faint glow of streetlights cast long shadows across the deserted street, adding an eerie ambiance to the scene. The sound of distant traffic mingled with the occasional gust of wind, creating a symphony of urban solitude.

The man seemed oblivious to my calls, his hurried footsteps echoing against the concrete pavement. I quickened my pace, determined to catch up to him. Eventually, he turned into a dimly lit alley, the flickering light of a broken streetlamp casting an uneven glow on the worn cobblestones beneath his feet.

As I stepped into the narrow passageway, the alleyway enveloped me in its own secluded world. The air was heavy with the scent of dampness and decay, a stark contrast to the bustling city just beyond its confines.

The alley itself was a mix of dilapidated brick walls covered in layers of graffiti, some vibrant and artistic, others nothing more than crude tags. Patches of discarded trash, broken bottles, and scattered papers littered the ground. The occasional rat scurried across the pavement, seeking refuge in the darkness.

As the man walked deeper into the alley, the narrow space seemed to close in around him.

Finally, he came to a stop, his back facing me. The faint glow from the broken streetlamp cast a dim halo around him, illuminating his silhouette.

"Who are you, and why are you following me?" he asked, his voice filled with suspicion.

I took a moment to catch my breath, the cool night air filling my lungs, before responding.

"Chill, dude. I just want to hang," I replied, my voice echoing softly against the brick walls.

He slowly turned around, his eyes widening with recognition as the broken streetlamp illuminated his face. The flickering light cast dancing shadows across his features, revealing a mix of surprise and wariness.

"You... you were with that man earlier," he stammered, his voice shaky.

"Or so you do remember me," I said, raising an eyebrow.

"What do you want, man? Just leave me alone," he quickly said, his voice tinged with a hint of fear.

I took a step closer, the uneven ground beneath my feet adding a subtle unease to the atmosphere.

"I told you, I want to hang out with you. You seem like a really cool dude. So tell me, how did it feel?" I asked curiously, my voice low and filled with intrigue.

He looked taken aback by my question, his eyes darting nervously from side to side.

"How did it feel when you grabbed her ass? Was it everything you hoped it would be?" I continued.

"She's cute, isn't she? That woman somehow managed to put a spell on my friend, and now he's obsessed with her. I was wondering if she somehow tickled your fancy too," I commented, studying his reaction intently.

He shifted uncomfortably, his gaze avoiding mine. The dimly lit alleyway seemed to close in on us.

I reached into my pocket, retrieving a cigarette and a lighter. The smoke spiraled upward, dissipating into the night.