Chapter 38:𝑷𝒂𝒚 𝑩𝒂𝒄𝒌

☠︎︎Hunter's POV☠︎︎

"My love did the car already arrive to pick you up," I asked.

"Uh yes, um I'm already home" she replied, something sounded off.

" what's wrong my love, your voice sounds different. Are you crying "I asked.

There was a long pause.

" of course not, I'm just tired. I'll just take a nap before you drop by"she informed.

"Today is your first day back, did anyone give you a hard time," I asked.

"Hunter I'm not in high school neither am I a child why would-Anyway I'm just tired.

"oh, you should rest up then. I love you" I noted.

"I love you too, only you Hunter" she assured.

"Are you sure you are OK?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'll call you back later" she stated then hang up.

I stared at my phone for a long time. I dialed my driver's line.

"Mr. Craver sir" he answered.

"What happened when you picked up Amanda earlier," I asked.

"Nothing happened sir-oh wait, when I got there she was already in the parking lot, she looked disturbed, she was hyperventilating when she saw the car, her friend wanted to take her to the hospital but she refused and ordered me to take her to her parent's place. But even though she tried to hide it, she was crying throughout the drive" he replied.

I knitted my brows.

" hack the CCTV, searched every single one of them, and send me the video if you find anything "I ordered.

" yes, sir" he replied then hang up.

I stood up from my desk and then made my way to the meeting room. I found Zack looking through some papers on the table.

'What could have happened to Amanda'

'Did someone hurt her'

'Was it her stomach aches again '

'If it is, I'm going to have to pay a visit to the doctor and crush a few skulls'

"Hey your eyes brows are so low they look like they are about to fall off, over thinking is bad for you" zack reminded me.

He was still staring at the papers.

"The driver told me Amanda was crying when he got there, I asked her about it but she refused to say anything" I explained taking a seat next to him.

"If she's hiding it from you then she knows it will make you angry, Hunter for your sake and for an easy life just drop it and go with the flow, she knows what you are capable of. I doubt she would try to test you" he explained.

"You don't understand-"

"You want to know because it's eating you up inside knowing she was hurt to the point of tears and you were not there to protect her. I get it hunter but right now we need to focus on the meeting, Amanda is fine, she has been doing a good job surviving even before you came along" he assured.