Chapter 56: 𝑭𝒂𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝑻𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒃𝒍𝒆

Zack's Pov༆
Nine days, it had been nine fuckings days since they left, they were supposed to return a few days ago but they decided to stay there a few extra days because they were having too much fun.

Hunter completely forgot about my existence, I had been calling him every day to ask about how things were going but he kept ignoring my calls, I always figured he was just making love to Amanda but every time I dialed her line she picked up when she handed hunter the phone he never spoke a word.

My hunter forgot all about me because he had Amanda. Not that I didn't know that day would come, I just needed more time to prepare. I was so depressed and didn't feel like doing anything all day, it was the first time hunter and I had been that far away from each other without even communicating and it was killing me.

It help me cope, I had been spending most of my time with Luana, we had been having dinner together every night since that day and during the day I would meet up with mandir or call her or just text her, her lively personality made me laugh and it made me forget even if for only a minute.

About Luana, I had decided to let things flow. She reminded me of Courtney and I wanted to keep her close.

"At least call asshole, I miss you so much" I spoke aloud staring at my phone.

I wanted to talk to him so badly, what people said was true. I was addicted to him, and being away from him was torture for me.

I was staring blankly at my laptop screen when Luana walked in looking beautiful as always, her eyes were puffy though as if she had been crying.

"Good morning sir" she greeted.

"Morning, you are a bit late today are you OK," I asked. She started playing with her fingers. She had something in her hand.

"Sir, I'm here to hand in my resignation letter "she stated facing the floor.

" excuse me, come again "I ordered.

" I want to quit this job "she stated.

" why all of the sudden, did something happen, is someone making you feel uncomfortable, tell me and I'll fire that person, "I asked.

'I don't want to lose you'

'Not right now, not yet'

'Not when I'm feeling like this, I can't let you. You're the one who helps me cope'

" no one is troubling me, working here has been nice and everyone treats me well but unfortunately I have to leave "she defended.

" why "I asked. I stood up.

" I'm not obligated to answer, it's for personal reasons sir" she answered.

"Personal reasons huh, well I refuse to sign that document" I stated stepping closer to her.

"Why-" she stared up at me then cut herself off when she saw I wasn't smiling.

As I stepped closer to her, I noticed some buries on her neck and wrists. She tried to cover them with her jacket.

"Take off your shirt" I ordered.

"What," she asked backing away. I took steps towards her.

"I said take off your shirt, isn't that clear enough? If you want me to sign your resignation letter then I want you to first take off your shirt, thinking of it as a parting gift from you to me. You can do that much right, I got you a job and you want to leave so soon" I asked lowering my brow.