Chapter 29: 𝑻𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒃𝒍𝒆

𖣘 𝑍𝑎𝑐𝑘'𝑠 𝑃𝑂𝑉 𖣘

"Sir, breakfast is served," one of the house help stated as I emerged from the pool and wrapped a towel around my shoulders.

"Thank you," I acknowledged with a nod.

I settled down by the poolside coffee table, taking a sip of my juice. Brian, walked closer to me.

Honestly, I didn't want him to accompany me on the trip. I'd have been more comfortable having him stay back with Hunter because he was the only person I'd actually rely on to keep Hunter safe at all costs.

I was out of town for the launch of the new line of jewelry at H&Z HQ, a sense of worry started to creep in. I hadn't been able to get in touch with Hunter since I got there even after the event, and it was concerning me.

"Has Hunter gotten in contact with me?" I asked Brian, hoping for a positive response.

"No, sir," Brian replied, concern evident in his voice. "I also tried calling him, but I haven't been able to reach him."

"That's odd," I thought aloud, a furrow forming on my brow.

Considering the significance of my recent speech, I expected Hunter to at least acknowledge it or offer some praise. This silence was unlike him, and it seemed as though he had forgotten about me entirely. Something felt off.

Brian, aware of my concern, asked, "Your flight is scheduled for mid-day. Do you want me to change it?"

"Do you think he's okay? Maybe I'm just being paranoid," I voiced my worries to Brian.

He paused for a moment, his expression reflecting the gravity of the situation. "Your doubts have reasons to be. The fact that he's not responding to any calls and none of my men have reported anything about his whereabouts is even more alarming."

A sense of unease settled within me, confirming that my concerns were valid. I knew I had to take action.

"Brian Leave no stone unturned in finding him. Please make sure he's safe. I want updates as soon as possible."

Brian nodded, his determination mirroring my own. " You can count on me."

With a mix of anticipation and worry, I finished my breakfast, my mind preoccupied with thoughts of Hunter's disappearance. It was crucial to determine his whereabouts and understand the reasons behind his unexpected absence.

Before leaving for my flight, I decided to make one last attempt to reach out to Hunter myself. I dialed his number, the phone ringing persistently, but there was no answer. Concerned, I left a voicemail urging him to contact me as soon as possible.

The plane ride had been brief, lasting about four hours, and I finally arrived at my destination. As we got into the car, Brian asked "where to sir the office or the house"

"The house," I replied firmly. "I want to take a shower and rest before anything else."

Brian nodded and started driving towards the house. The journey was quiet, and I took the opportunity to try dialing Hunter's number several times. Unfortunately, it went straight to voicemail. I couldn't shake off the worry and uncertainty surrounding his whereabouts. However, I couldn't help but acknowledge that Hunter had pulled similar stunts in the past, causing me to cancel important meetings or trips unnecessarily. It was a frustrating pattern that I hoped wouldn't repeat itself this time.