Chapter 46: 𝑭𝒂𝒎𝒍𝒊𝒚 𝑫𝒓𝒂𝒎𝒂

"Where is Dad," I asked blue as I entered the house.

"In his study" blue explained.

I quickly made my way through the hall to dads study. When I got to the door, I stood there for a while before I decided to knock.

I knocked a few times but there was no answer. I slowly opened the door, when I got in I saw the entire place was trashed. Dad sat in his chair with his face in his hands.

"Dad" I called.

He looked up, his eyes seemed red. Seeing my father like that made me want to break down crying as well. I cleared a seat of some broken pieces on a photo frame and took a seat.

"What happened," I asked.

"I thought I could fix it in time, everything was going according to plan, I don't know what went wrong, I don't know what" he rumbled on and on.

"Dad, how bad is it," I asked

"I'm owing the bank 74.8 million. The business was going bankrupt, I had to get a loan. This company was all I had, I can't lose it" he stated.

My father loved that company a lot, I dare say more than his own wife and children. He missed a lot of important events in my life for his dear company. He wanted to pass it down to his children.

Since Richard took up engineering and blue was into arts, the burden of fulfilling my dad's dream rested on me. I agreed without hesitation because I figure if I could take care of his company maybe I could have finally been enough for him and also mom, maybe they'd see I could be just as great as my big bother.

"You won't, what about the shareholders? We need to set up an emergency meeting" I suggested.

"All of them are pulling out, no use calling such a meeting. It's over" he said.

"You love that company Dad, I'll do everything I can to fix this" I assured.

"Amanda, could you give me a minute? Daddy needs to be alone for a while" he asked.

"O-of course dad" I agreed then stood up and left.

'Of course, he doesn't think I can fix this'

'I bet he'd agree if his precious son suggested that '

I walked to the living room where I found blue and Richard talking to mom. When blue saw me she quickly stood up.

"Did you talk to him?" she asked.

"Yes but he's still pretty upset" I answered.

"Amanda don't you think you should step up and help," mom asked.

"Sorry," I asked.

She stood up then walked to me, she held my hand and then used her other hand to run a hand in my hair.

"You know just how much your father loves that company right," she asked.

"Yes, of course, mother" I agreed.

"And you know we are desperate right now. We have nowhere we could get the money right" she asked.

"Yes," I agreed.

"None of us in this room can help your father apart from you," she said slowly.

"What do you mean," I asked. She smiled.

"I'm talking about your relationship with Mr. Craver" she stated.

I moved my head slightly making her stop running her hand in my hair. I moved away as well so her hand dropped from mine.