Stigma | Haechan

By markieshyuck

» mafia au » soulmate au ❝ You and I are not meant to be ❞ More

P R E L U D E
I N T R O
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
100k
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74

56

13.3K 578 283
By markieshyuck

"So, what's your plan?"
"Citrine is trying to guard CEO Kang, if we get him we can—"
Donghyuck was interjected when a hand grabbed a fist full of his shirt, yanking him forward.

"How long do you need, huh?! Do you really want me to take things up?" The elder daunted- his eyes burning holes into the boy who stood ahead, seething in anger.

"You always prove to be my biggest mistake, I regret giving you the upper hand" A mocking scoff left his lips as he let go off Donghyuck's shirt, the impact making him slightly stumble back.

"What are you even capable of? You fail to prove yourself everytime" Donghyuck kept his gaze focused on his side, his fists balling as he felt the undeniable urge to fight against him but something in him didn't let him- he couldn't muster the courage to utter a single word against him, his father.

"Yeosang is not the only way- hunt and get them, we must get Citrine. And if you fail, things between us will be different Donghyuck, remember" Daejung menaced, eying the door and not sparing him a glance, Donghyuck exited the office.

'You're unworthy of your position, son, you lost all my trust on you'

"Trust, bullshit, you never did trust me in the first place" Donghyuck muttered to himself, clenched fists placed by his side- knuckles turning white as his nails dug imprints of crescent moons into his palm, threatening to pierce through the skin.

'You're of no use in life Donghyuck!'

Though he tried to remain unfazed by those words, he couldn't push away how it stung him deep down mercilessly, his heart weighing as the words prevailed in the back of his head.

He couldn't push away how he felt confined and forced to abide by his father's words- his feelings never once bothered to his father, his dreams never stood a chance in front of his father, not a single say in his own life, nothing about his life existed in his hands.

He was just a pawn in his father's business.

Donghyuck pushed the door open to his room, his eyes quick to catch sight of the girl who was seated on his bed.

"Oh you're here, I—"
"Whatever" Donghyuck rolled his eyes, uninterested to even hear her out.

Is he angry?

Donghyuck slammed the door shut behind him making her slightly jump and she bit down on her lower lip as her eyes studied him.

Yup he definitely is..

Donghyuck sharply exhaled out as his fingers practically ripping the buttons of his shirt- thoughts endlessly creeping in his mind.

"Hyuck is everyth— oh, oh" Aera instantly averted her gaze upon noticing him unbuttoning his shirt- mentally cursing herself for arriving at the perfectly wrong time in order to have a conversation with him.

Donghyuck payed no heed to her presence as he pulled the material of his white shirt off his torso- muscles taunting and flexing as he did so and the fresh breeze brushed against him cooling off the sheen of sweat covering his melanin skin.

Mindlessly tossing the shirt behind him onto the floor, he crashed down onto the bed- face in his hands as the chain of thoughts flooding his mind never ceased.

'I said kill him!' The six year old forced out a nod with his trembling hands looping over the weapon in front of him as he stood up, walking towards the man who was on the verge of dying laid beside his father.

The moment Donghyuck looked at the man- the streams of blood dripping down his neck became more evident, the smell of raw flesh and blood invading his senses making him sick to his stomach.

'I-I can't dad' Donghyuck stepped back, his teeth painfully biting down on his lower lip, so hard that it was close to drawing blood.

'Just do it!' His father's demanding voice blared through the room making him flinch and he watched the man ahead with tears springing in his own eyes.

'I can't dad, p-please' Donghyuck pleaded keeping his gaze low, not even daring to look up at his father.

'You're a fucking disgrace to be called my son!' And a harsh slap landed on his cheek, stinging him as tears spilled out, rolling down his face.

'Why are you even existing?! You're just plain useless!' The thundering footsteps of his father's approached him and he whimpered, screwing his eyes shut as his father harshly grabbed onto his small hands that were curled around the weapon.

'Look' Donghyuck frantically shook his head, hanging his head lower to avoid the sight ahead.

'Look!' The taunting voice ringing right beside his ear made him instantly snap his eyes open, fear striking through his body knowing he would never dare to go against his father's words.

'P-please dad I—' Donghyuck was abruptly cut off when his father thrashed the knife into the man's abdomen.

And suddenly it felt as thought time had slowed itself down- his wide eyes couldn't ignore how the knife pierced through the skin and blood gushed out earning an ear piercing yell from the man.

Donghyuck's quivering hands tried to let go off the handle but his father gripped onto it tighter, forcing him to hold onto it.

'Men don't cry Donghyuck- crying means weak and if you're weak, you die' Those words remained stuck in the back of his head and his heart almost felt like it stopped pounding when he was made to dig the knife further, twisting it inside mercilessly.

The blood oozed out and the man could barely even get himself to stay conscious—
'Stop!' Donghyuck yelled out, instinctively pushing his father away with all his might, which barely caused any impact on the elder and he let go off his hand hovering over the knife.

It was too much for him to take in..

'You don't let your enemy survive, you kill them' The loud satisfactory laugh of his father echoed through the room making him gulp the lump down his rough throat.

'You'll learn soon, son' His father pat his shoulder lightly before exiting the room, leaving him alone.

Donghyuck immediately crawled over to the man who was slouched against the wall.

'A-are you o-okay?' He asked out in a mere whisper as his hands tapped hesitantly on the male's shoulder and with a slight push the body fell onto the floor like a rag doll.

He is dead.

Donghyuck froze, a part of him wanting to believe it was all a nightmare but he knew he couldn't convince himself to believe a lie.

You killed him.

'No, no I didn't' Donghyuck shook his head in denial but nonetheless his mind endlessly replayed the scene from earlier, mentally torturing him from the inside and he hurriedly stood up on his feet wanting to escape the reality.

You killed a person Donghyuck.

'No, no! I did not kill him! It w-wasn't me!' Donghyuck rushed out of the room, gasping for air as he crumbled onto the floor- choking on his sobs as tears uncontrollably rolled down his face.

You know it.

You know what you did, you know the truth.

It was you who killed him.

'It wasn't me! Please!' Donghyuck muttered out as he brought his trembling hands near his face- observing it through his blurry vision and the blood stains on his palms made his eyes widen.

His breath hitched at his throat, words getting struck at his mouth as his lungs felt knocked off any air, heart blundering within his chest and that's when he knew-

He couldn't escape the reality..

And slowly,

He felt impelled to accept it..

I know it.

I know what I did, I know the truth.

I killed him.

Protect him 🥺🥺

Now you know why he was all cold to her and shit 😔

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

133K 6.8K 45
» street racer au [sequel to Illicit] ❝ I would shed my own blood if it means for you being alive, Youn ❞
625K 25.8K 62
❝I wish we had more time together❞ In which Yeoreum was tied to a mafia leader named Lee Donghyuck. ▂ COMPLETED ➱ MAFIA x SOULMATE AU UNTITLED UNIVER...
177K 9.2K 45
"Careful, don't look too deep into my eyes. You might fall in love." ♚ ʀᴏʏᴀʟ ᴀᴜ ♚ started: 1/02/21 ended: 4/26/21
687K 25.6K 64
"You should stay away from me, my love. I'm far from good for you." A cold hearted mafia, a bright rebelish girl, and some dark secret. Their ability...