Stigma | Haechan

By markieshyuck

» mafia au » soulmate au ❝ You and I are not meant to be ❞ More

P R E L U D E
I N T R O
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
100k
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74

55

14.2K 593 223
By markieshyuck

Shit 55k-
Thank you loves, I love you 🥺♥️♥️

"Yuta, do you've the copy of that file?" Aera asked indicating about the file from earlier, "Just a soft copy, is that ok?" Aera nodded in response and walked over to his desk.

Aera glimpsed at the information on the screen before standing up straight with a hand on his chair, "Forward that to me" Yuta gave a small nod before going back to typing something onto his computer.

"Aera what is wrong with you?" Mark interjected, extending his arm in front of her making her pause.
"Mark, I know what I'm doing" Aera gently moved his hand out of her way before walking to where Taeyong stood at.

"When you and Mar- 03 met CEO Kang last time did he tell you anything about Citrine?"
"No, he diverted the topic to Neo. We could've enquired further but Seojun accompanied us so.."
"Oh.. can I have the file he handed over the last time?"
Taeyong simply nodded before turning around as he rummaged through the files on the shelf.

"Why didn't any of you try investigating on Citrine, I'm sure there's something about it..?" Aera raised a brow earning a sigh from Johnny who spoke up.
"Yes, but the mission revolves around Azurite Neo alone, so" Johnny simply shrugged as he seated himself on the nearby chair.

Jaehyun sighed out loud earning her attention, "Does it look like we have a say in it?" Aera furrowed her brows, confused.
"So.. despite knowing it all Seojun asked you to focus only on Azurite Neo?" Johnny and Jaehyun gave nods in agreement earning a sigh from her.

"Here," Taeyong handed her the blue file and she gave a small nod, taking it in her hands. Just when Taeyong was about to speak, she interrupted already knowing what he was to say, "Seojun's approval- yes, I know" Taeyong gave a smile in response at her words.

Taeyong tapped on her shoulder eying Mark who stood at one end of the room, consumed in thoughts of his own and a sigh escaped her lips at the sight.

"Mark.." She called out in a soft voice earning his attention as she approached him, "What's wrong?" She asked, placing a gentle hand on his shoulder.

"Aera.. do you really think all of this is so easy?" Mark quirked up a brow, throwing his head back with a frustrated sight.

"Citrine is completely off records and even if you have all the legal documents, two days is way too less to even conclude anything. Why are you so desperate about it- why the hell are you even bothered about Neo, Aera??"
"I've my reasons Mark.." Aera trailed off, averting her gaze.

"Do you know what you're getting yourself into?" He questioned sternly making Aera pause for a few seconds, mulling over his words before giving him a nod in response.

"I have to.. There's definitely something about Citrine which we should track down- the gang is off records, Neo and Citrine surely do have some connection, also how Seojun refused our investigation on Citrine..? I don't know Mark, I just have a feeling the answers to these questions hold some weight.. I- I just have to" Aera explained herself and Mark stared at her for a few seconds, thoughts clouding his mind before he exhaled out to compose himself.

"Fine but I'll help—"
"Mark no, I don't want any of you to involve in this. You guys faced the consequences cause of me and I don't want that to repeat"
"Aera—"
"Mark please, I can deal with this alone" Aera held onto his hand, giving it a light squeeze in assurance.

Mark exhaled out before placing his hand over hers, giving her a nod in agreement earning a smile to spread her face.

"I shared the fil— oh, did I interrupt?"
"No and thanks Yuta" Aera gave him a smile before turning to face Mark who began speaking.

"So, what's your plan?"
"Firstly, approval from Seojun and then.."
"And then?"
"And then... I don't know, I'll see"
"Idiot"

Aera was slouched in her chair, eyes wandering over the numerous papers that were carelessly scattered on her desk in attempts to inquire further about Citrine.

Her hair was pulled up into a messy bun with pieces of her hair framing her face and the oversized sweatshirt of her's—no, Donghyuck's—cocooned over her body.

Placing the pen she held on the desk, she leant back on her chair with her eyes closed as she faced the white ceiling that illuminated the fluorescent light beaming down on her and her hands massaged her temples trying to soothe herself from the headache that had just arose.

"Oh shit" Aera flung her eyes open before hurriedly standing up and walking towards her vanity area- her hands scrabbling around to find the white plastic cover she had totally neglected.

After what felt like ages of hunting, she found the cover lying at one secluded corner of her room and a sigh escaped her lips upon catching its sight.

Picking up the cover she pulled out the necessary medications and just then the room door clicked open, revealing Johnny.

"Hey, how's it going?" He asked, leaning against the door with both his hands in his pocket and soon his eyes drew down to the pills she clutched in her hand.

"Oh.. again?" He raised a brow and she shook her head in disapproval as she grabbed the water bottle situated on her desk, "Just in case. I haven't taken the right dosage in the past few weeks- don't tell Mark, he'll kill me" Johnny laughed at those words, watching her as she forcefully chugged the pill down her throat with a distasteful expression lingering on her face.

"So, did you figure out something?"
"Something.. yes but I have no clue how to proceed"
"And that's?" Johnny asked curiously and she motioned for him to approach her.

"The file Tae gave me, I mean the one CEO Kang gave and the file Yuta forwarded have many similarities, here-" Aera pointed out on the file and the screen and his brows jumped in surprise to see that most of the information displayed was almost like replicated word-to-word.

"-I'm sure this is fabricated, it seems too much of a coincidence"
"Right, your suspects?"
"CEO Kang as of now.." Aera replied as she placed the sheets back in the file and grabbed her phone.

"Are you going somewhere?"
"Yeah and where's Mark?"
"Drop Areum back to her hometown, he'll be back tomorrow morning"
Aera simply gave a nod as she neared the room door, her hand placed on the knob while facing Johnny who spoke.

"Where the hell are you going at this hour??" He eyed the clock that was clung onto the wall and her eyes lazily drifted to read the time.
11:41
"Donghyuck" With that she exited the room with Johnny following her suit to the living room.

"Hey Aer- where are going?" Taeyong questioned and even before he could get a response the main door shut close earning a sigh from him.

Turning around he caught sight of Johnny who stood at the hallway.
"Where did she go?"
"Hae— house?"
"What? What house?"
"Uhh I don't know- my house?"
"Hyung stop being sarcastic, I'm serious"
"Just sleep man, this ain't no interrogation room"

So so so
Whom do you guys suspect?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

107K 3.9K 55
🧨 𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑠 𝑤𝑒𝑙𝑙 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑒𝑛𝑑𝑠 𝑤𝑒𝑙𝑙 🧨 mafia au! REUPLOADING!!!
2.9M 127K 84
➥ Mafia/Gang au ➥ "I could shoot you dead right here- don't try it."
181K 7K 72
"You know what's golden? Not you." ▸ Gang au ▸ Jaemin (NCT) ▸ 3rd person (OC)
3.1M 148K 80
» Mafia/Gang au » "I told you not to fall for me."