Cruel Summer • Vampire Diaries

By undeadbelova

♡˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ONGOING, SLOW UPDATES In which a girl with a secret, moves back to her hometown after being gone fo... More

CRUEL SUMMER!
001. lexa and vicki
002. hello, belgium
003. the intervention
004. for them
005. the stellar coven
006. where's my mind?
007. lexa unleashed
008. spill the beans
009. night of the comet
010. lexa has an epiphany
011. friday night bites
012. who let the rat in?
013. family ties
014. lexa, the wing woman
015. sexy suds car wash
016. lost girls
017. runaway baby vampire
018. haunted
019. ethereal
020. lovers that went wrong
021. 162 candles
022. history repeating
023. emily bennett
024. the promise of your future
025. the turning point
026. bloodlines
027. no more lies
028. unpleasantville
029. lexa's protector
030. children of the damned
031. the betrayal
032. fool me once
033. petrova
034. a few good men
035. the bachelor fundraiser
036. jealousy, jealousy
037. there goes the neighbourhood
038. let the right one in
039. dangerous lies
040. grief
041. under control
042. you robbed the hospital!
043. miss mystic falls
044. lovebirds
045. isobel
046. bio mum
047. founder's day
048. the accident
049. sister dearest
050. the return
051. brave new world
052. game on
053. day walker
054. wicked games
055. bad moon rising
056. memory lane
057. complicated
058. kill or be killed
059. eager beaver
060. the moonstone
061. plan b
062. if you're happy, than i'm happy
063. the masquerade ball
064. karma's a bitch
065. go fuck yourself
066. rose
067. we can't all have little daylight rings
068. his sister's keeper
069. i owe you
070. the sacrifice
071. by the light of the moon
072. broken little wolf
074. the descent
075. look after you
076. daddy issues
077. crying wolf
078. life is about more than just surviving
079. a new best friend
080. eternal flame
081. know thy enemy
082. the last dance
083. i am not alaric
084. klaus
085. i promise
086. this is the part where you run
087. the last day
088. the sun also rises
089. misery business
090. right person, wrong time
091. as i lay dying
092. a pancake birthday tradition
093. the one that got away
094. the birthday party
095. connor fucking callahan
096. nobody is innocent
097. the end of the affair
098. disturbing behaviour
099. the reckoning
100. stefan's gone mad
101. smells like teen spirit
102. midnight love
103. strange happenings
104. ghost world
105. time to say goodbye
106. straight to the source
107. champagne problems
108. feel something
109. backstabbers
110. homecoming
111. gone girl
112. the new deal
cruel summer has been plagiarised...
113. our town

073. best friends

1.8K 101 14
By undeadbelova

The door to Lexa's bedroom opened, but the Gilbert didn't hear it, as she was under the covers. "Lexa?" A soft voice asked, but Lexa ignored it. Suddenly, a body plonked itself beside Lexa, and pulled the cover off of her head.

Lexa turned rolled over, her tear and mascara stained face meeting Caroline's. "Hi Care." Lexa greeted, her voice sounding empty, hurt. She wasn't annoyed at Sienna, and felt like this was the right thing... but it still hurt. Caroline's face fell, "Aw my baby." She said before she threw her arms around the siphoner, holding her.

Lexa felt tears sting her eyes, but didn't want to start crying. Not again. She had been ever since she got home the night before.

"You and Cece are still going to be best friends though, right?" Caroline asked, as she had spoken to Sienna earlier that morning. The Lockwood had made it clear that she didn't want to lose Lexa.

The Gilbert nodded, "Yeah.. but I feel like it won't be the same. How can two people that are in love with eachother, go back to being best friends without it being weird?" Caroline didn't know how to answer that.

"Does Elena know?" The Forbes asked, as she half expected to find Elena in here, comforting her twin. "Yeah, she does." She replied before adding, "Stefan has been freed from the tomb, I think she's gone to visit him."

Caroline suddenly sat up, "Cmon lets head downstairs. Bonnie is making pancakes, then we're off to school." The Forbes chirped. "I wanna stay in bed." Lexa pouted as Caroline smirked back in response, "Too bad, we have a whole exciting day filled with classes ahead of us." She tried to sound enthusiastic as Lexa groaned in response.

━━━━━ ♥︎ ━━━━━

Natasha stood in the doorway, watching as Damon walked towards Rose, carrying a blood bag. Distress was written all over the heretic's face, as Rose was dying. She'd been bitten by a werewolf and was already beginning to hallucinate.

"I was born in 1450, that makes me 560 years old." Rose stated, as Damon handed her the blood bag. "Well, if you were a bottle of wine..." He trailed off before Rose spoke up, "So I can die. I've lived long enough."

Natasha felt her heart clench at that comment. The Petrova hadn't known Rose for long at all.. but it was clear there was something between them... a connection. Natasha didn't want Rose to die.

"You know, if you're gonna be morn, I'm just gonna kill you myself just to put me out of your misery." Damon declared, as he poured blood from the bag into a glass. "Come on, it's just a little werewolf bite." Natasha spoke up in her usual chipper tone, as she approached the pair and took a seat beside Rose. "Just a little, fatal to a vampire, werewolf bite." Rose stated, as she looked at the heretic.

"Well, according to a legend which is a notoriously unreliable source. Drink up." Damon ordered, as he handed her the glass of blood. "Blood heals." Rose drank from the glass before she said, "Yeah, it does feel like it's working."

"Let's have a look, come on. Let me see." Natasha said, as Rose pulled down the sleeve of her shirt, revealing the bite on the back of her shoulder. The Petrova bit her lip, noticing that the bite is much worse.

"How is it?" Rose asked.

"Definitely...better." Damon lied, before looking to his best friend. "Right, Tasha?" He asked. Natasha swallowed thickly, before she nodded, "Much better." She said, before reaching forward and placing a kiss on Rose's cheek.

The Petrova got to her feet and left the room, as tears filled her eyes. She didn't realise that Damon had soon followed her, with worry. "Tasha?" He asked. The heretic sighed, before she turned to face the vampire. Noticing her glassy eyes, Damon sighed, "Oh no... you're falling for her, aren't you?" He asked.

Natasha shook her head, before she wiped her tears, "This isn't love." She confessed. "But it could be.. maybe if we had more time." The Petrova managed to say, her voice sounding shaky. Recognising that she was close to having a breakdown, Damon stepped forward and hugged her, holding his best friend in his arms.

"I don't want Rose to die... she doesn't deserve it." Natasha confessed, as she hugged Damon back. The Salvatore rubbed her back gently, as Natasha buried her face in his chest. He held her for what felt like a long time, but not once did he complain.

Natasha was his best friend, he loved her so much.

Eventually, Natasha pulled away, suddenly embarrassed that she had cried. "I'm sorry- I don't cry usually." Natasha confessed as Damon nodded, "I know. I know you." He said, giving her a knowing smile. Natasha rolled her eyes playfully, before she punched Damon's shoulder.

"I've gotta go find Stefan, could you play nurse for a while?" Damon asked. Natasha nodded, "Of course."

━━━━━ ♥︎ ━━━━━

"So Lexa, are you feeling a hot cappuccino or an iced latte, today?" Bonnie asked from the front seat. Lexa had been zoned out, not paying attention and Caroline noticed this right away.

From the passenger seat, Caroline reached into the back and tapped Lexa on the knee. "Lex?" She asked. Alexia snapped out of her trance, before she faced her best friend, "Hm? Sorry I... was just... reminiscing." She confessed, saying the last part quietly. They'd driven past the Mystic falls square, where Lexa remembered having a somewhat date with Sienna.

"Do you want your coffee hot or cold?" Bonnie asked, as they were entering a coffee drive through. "Hot please." Lexa smiled, as Bonnie turned to the window to order the trio coffee. "Thank you, I love you." Lexa grinned before she faced Caroline, who she hadn't realised had been gazing at her, lovingly.

"Are you staring at me?" Lexa asked smugly, as Caroline shook her head, blushing slightly. "What?" She asked in response. "It's just.. nice to see you smile." The Forbes insisted, "Even if just for a moment."

━━━━━ ♥︎ ━━━━━

As everyone was preparing the Booster Club Barbecue, Tyler stood by, watching. Sienna suddenly approached him, and greeted him by punching him playfully in the shoulder.

"Cece- hey! I haven't seen you since..." Tyler trailed off. "The full moon?" Sienna asked, as her cousin nodded. "I've been a bit busy." She replied, not wanting to go into detail... not waiting to think about the events of the past couple days.

"How are you feeling?" Sienna suddenly asked. "I'm okay. I'm sore, every muscle aches." Tyler chuckled, causing Sienna to laugh, "But you did it. You know, you...your first full moon! It'll get easier. You'll get better at it, you'll learn to control it and it won't hurt so much." Sienna explained as Tyler smiled.

"Cece, I really want to thank you. I don't know what I would have done if you hadn't been there." Tyler confessed. Sienna just smiled, "Of course." She said before her eyes averted away, as she noticed Lexa, Caroline and Bonnie walk by, with cups of takeaway coffee in their hands.

Lexa seemed happy... she was smiling. It was a relief to Sienna. The werewolf locked eyes with Caroline, and the pair shared a smile. Suddenly, Sienna's phone buzzed, and she looked down to see Matt had replied to her text message.

Matty 💙

So your appointment is
tomorrow at 9am?
11:30 a.m.

Yep! Don't feel pressured
to pick me up afterwards... I
can always walk back to school.
I just don't think I should drive
after talking about the stuff I'm
going to be talking about.
11:30 a.m.

I don't think you should
be alone after talking about
the stuff you're going to
be talking about, either. I'll
pick you up, okay? Just
message me when you're
done 💕
11:31 a.m.

Okay. Thank you. And uh I
love you. Seriously, thank
you so much for all of this
support.. you're the bestest
friend a girl could ask for 🥰
11:32 a.m.

Love you too Cece,
and of course. You're
my best friend 😎
11:33 a.m.

Sienna smiled, before she closed off her phone. "What are you smiling about? Texting Lexa?" Tyler asked, as Sienna playfully rolled her eyes at him. "Oh right you two... sorry." Tyler confessed, remembering that the girls had broken up. "You didn't tell me why you two broke up."

Sienna sighed, not wanting to tell him the truth.. she didn't want to admit to Tyler that she wasn't in any sort of headspace for a relationship... because she knew then that Tyler wouldn't stop worrying about her. "It just... didn't work out." The Lockwood lied.

━━━━━ ♥︎ ━━━━━

Lexa walked over to trashcan, to place her empty cup in the bin, but stopped as she found Caroline and Matt, with locked lips. The Gilbert smirked, catching Caroline's eye once they broke apart. The blonde pulled away from Matt and just left, as the boy looked confused.

Caroline linked her arm through Lexa's and quickly paced down the hallway. "What was that all about?" Lexa asked, amusedly. "Nothing. Matt and I aren't... it's complicated." Caroline confessed, loosening her grip on Lexa's arm, but keeping it linked with hers.

"Are you avoiding a relationship with Matt because you're a vampire?" Lexa asked quietly, as Caroline bit her lip, "Obviously." She answered. "Have you talked to Stefan about this? I'm sure he has great advice for this kind of situation." The Gilbert joked, though she did mean it.

Caroline rolled her eyes playfully, before she looked back at Lexa, who'd laughed at her own joke. Seeing the witch smile, caused Caroline to smile. Lexa looked beautiful, Caroline always knew that, but when she smiled.. it was absolutely captivating.

Once Lexa stopped laughing and remade eye contact with Caroline, the vampire sighed. "That's not the only reason I don't want to date Matt." She confessed.

"Hm?"

"I think I have feelings for somebody else." Caroline blurted, the words coming out of her mouth before she could even realise. Lexa's eyes suddenly lit up with excitement, as she was about to ask who it was, and probably nag Caroline about it, but luckily for the Forbes, the bell suddenly rang.

"Well. Let's go to class." Caroline said, relieved that she had literally been saved by the bell. The vampire definitely wasn't ready to come up with some lie or tell Lexa the truth... especially after she'd just broken up with her girlfriend. "Fine." Lexa huffed, as they began walking to class together.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 36 21
Elena chose Damon, unable to fight her intense attraction. Now, ever since Stefan left town she can't stop longing for him to come home. Between the...
8.7K 302 47
Based on season One of TVD... Four months after the tragic car accident that killed their parents, 17-year-old Elena and Ellie Gilbert and their 15-y...
143K 4.2K 18
[ edited! and finished! ] In this thrilling first book of the series, Caroline Forbes thinks that everything can go back to normal. With her boyfrien...
30.6K 691 19
in which Oaklyn Gilbert starts to feel alive again, all because of a certain vampire. Damon Salvatore x OC TVD Season1-?