058. kill or be killed

As Elena sat alone, after their argument, Lexa and Caroline approached her

As Elena sat alone, after their argument, Lexa and Caroline approached her. "You okay?" Caroline asked as Elena shook her head, "No." Lexa sat beside her twin, linking her arm with Elena's.

"You know, maybe it's for the best." Caroline said as both of the twins frowned. "It's not for the best, Caroline. None of this is for the best!" Elena snapped, before she sighed. "I'm sorry, okay? I...I don't mean to take it out on you. You're just being a good friend." Caroline's face fell. "No, I'm not. I'm not being a good friend at all." She admitted.

Lexa looked away, seeing Liz leave the park with her phone to her ear. Caroline noticed Lexa was distracted, and followed her gaze, seeing her mother. "Is she leaving?" Lexa asked, before turning to her best friend. "Where is my mom going?" Caroline them asked, before getting up to go after her.

As the Forbes got closer, she overheard her Mum talking. "Look, I can't talk here. Just get Jess and meet me down the hill at the entrance. And bring a...yes we need it." She trailed off. "What's wrong?" Caroline asked, as Liz spun around. "Nothing. I just have something..."

"You mean work? You've surprised me. You last longer than 5 minutes." Caroline complained. "It's important." Liz confessed. "It always is." Caroline huffed, unimpressed. "I'm sorry." Liz said, tearing up, as Caroline stormed off towards the Gilbert twins.

"What's going on?" The twins asked, in unison. "I don't know. Something's up." Caroline said, reaching out to grab Lexa's hand as she led the girls to the woods, where Liz had walked off to.

"Where are you going?" Elena asked, trying to keep up with Caroline and Lexa. "What's going on?" Lexa asked, almost being dragged by her best friend. "I need to be able to hear better." Caroline told them. "Hear what?"

Caroline frowned, trying to listen in. "Something's wrong.." She told the twins. "Caroline..." Elena trailed off. "Shh" Lexa shushed her twin, so Caroline could hear her Mum talking.

"Oh god." Caroline blurted out. "What is it?" Lexa and Elena asked. "Stefan and Damon." Caroline answered them. "What?"

Caroline overheard Mason saying to Liz "You're gonna kill them, right?"To which she replied, "Yes. That's why you should go. Here it's the Council, not the law. You can't be a party to this. It's for your own protection."

"Liz, I don't care about..."

"Yes but I do, and I'm not asking. Goodbye Mason." Liz ordered.

"Care?!" Lexa asked, trying to get her attention. "Caroline, what is it?" Elena demanded. "My mom. She's killing them." Caroline blurted.