105. time to say goodbye

At the Salvatore home, Lexa, Caroline and Bonnie were searching for the talisman required to do the spell

At the Salvatore home, Lexa, Caroline and Bonnie were searching for the talisman required to do the spell. As Lexa and Bonnie looked, Caroline was receiving a phone call from Elena.

"Hello?" The Gilbert said, before Caroline replied "So the necklace isn't where Damon said it would be and now we can't reach Damon." Elena sighed before she explained, "Listen, I need you to get Bonnie to hold off on sending the ghosts back."

"What?!" Caroline asked abruptly, "But you said you were in full support of getting rid of them." Elena replied, "I was. I am. Look, Lexi's here and she's helping with Stefan."

Caroline nodded, relieved to head that they were going to get Stefan back. "Okay, let's just find it first and then we'll choose between boyfriend ghost dramas."

Bonnie and Lexa approached Caroline, as she got off the phone. "What are you talking about?" Bonnie asked, catching the blonde's attention.

Caroline turned to the pair, "Um...Lexi's back, so Elena wants us to hold off on destroying the necklace." She quickly explained as Lexa's face relaxed a little before she seemed excited. "That's fine, we're holding off so Natasha can meet us. But that's really awesome about Lexi, we're finally going to get Stefan back."

Bonnie didn't brush off what Caroline had just said, though. "You said boyfriend dramas. Plural. What is it, Caroline?"

Caroline sighed, reluctantly to tell Bonnie the truth. Lexa and Bonnie waited, hoping that the Forbes would elaborate. "Elena caught Jeremy kissing Anna." The blonde let out in one breath.

Lexa and Bonnie looked at eachother in surprise before Bonnie asked, "What?"

"I'm sorry." Caroline answered before Lexa asked, "He kissed her?"

It made no sense to the Gilbert... her brother seemed to have let go of Anna and shown interest in Allira and Bonnie.

Caroline nodded hesitantly, "She's got a foothold now, so she probably thinks that she's here to stay. But you and I, Bonnie, we're going to find that necklace. Okay?"

━━━━━ ⋆⋅♥︎⋅⋆ ━━━━━

In the town square, a Founder's celebration was under way. Carol stood on stage, microphone in hand as she spoke, "Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. Mr. Fell seems to have been detained, so the history department's very own Mr. Saltzman has agreed to fill in."

Everyone applauded, and Alaric went towards the stage.

Giorgia and Carmen were walking through the crowd, when they overheard Fredrick talking to Anna. "Still hanging around the Gilbert kid, huh? I guess you forgot the fact that his family killed you and your mother."