080. eternal flame

Caroline had done it

Caroline Forbes, kissed Lexa Gilbert.

To say that Lexa was surprised, would be a complete understatement. The Gilbert had frozen in shock at first, at the feel of Caroline's lips on hers, but eventually her eyelids fluttered shut, and she kissed back.

This was everything she had ever wanted.

But... not right now.

The Gilbert pulled away suddenly, looking to Caroline with surprise. The Forbes looked just as surprised as Lexa did. "Lexa I..." The blonde trailed off, not even sure what to say. So she decided to just be honest.

"Lexa, I really like you."

Lexa's expression softened, she couldn't believe it.. Caroline Forbes had a crush on her?? "Care... I really like you too.." She trailed off, but her expression faltered, as she now looked guilty. "But... I'm not ready... to be with anyone just yet." Alexia admitted, as she was still mending a broken heart.

Caroline nodded, "I... I know.. I'm sorry I shouldn't have done that." She said, sitting up. She sounded like she was on the verge of tears, not because Lexa wasn't ready for a relationship with her, but because she didn't want to lose their friendship. They'd been best friends ever since they were kids.

"I hope I didn't make it weird I—" Lexa could tell that Caroline was about to cry, and quickly she lurched forward to embrace her. "It's not weird. You're still my best friend, okay? There's nothing to worry about." Lexa insisted, as Caroline hugged her back. "Okay."

━━━━━ ♥︎ ━━━━━

Matt was putting up a poster which read Live music tonight at the Mystic Grill on a wall. "Hey, Matt." Sienna greeted, as the blonde turned around. "Hey Cece." He smiled.

"Any news on Tyler?" The Donovan asked. Sienna shook her head, "I've called him and left him so many messages... I don't know what to do. Now Allie is all freaked out as well." She sighed. At least the girl knew, Tyler wasn't in danger.. because she would have sensed if he was.

"Live band?" Sienna asked, looking to the poster. Matt nodded, "Yeah, business has been a little slow. The Grill's trying to stay afloat." He insisted. "Aren't we all?" The Lockwood sighed, before looking at the time.

"Ooh.. I've gotta go. I have an appointment with Becca." The werewolf said, as Becca was her therapist. "Do you want me to drive you there?" Matt asked. Sienna shook her head, "Nah, don't worry about it."