044. lovebirds

Jeremy, holding Elena's journal under one of his arms, stretched his other hand out and knocked on Lexa's bedroom door

Jeremy, holding Elena's journal under one of his arms, stretched his other hand out and knocked on Lexa's bedroom door. "Come in." His sister replied as the boy pushed the door open and found his sister still laying in bed. Before Jeremy could judge, Lexa huffed, "A girl was exhausted."

"Hey Lexa... I have something I have to show you." Jeremy confessed, walking over to Lexa's bed. Lexa looked surprised, as Jeremy had only just been starting to get closer to her now that she was back. "Yeah Jer, what's up?" The witch asked.

Jeremy then opened the journal, and began to explain everything he'd just learnt, to his sister. Obviously Lexa already knew about vampires, but what she didn't know.. is that Vicki was turned into one. And the Donovan didn't leave town— she'd died before she had the chance.

Lexa furrowed her eyebrows in frustration, before looking up at her brother, glassy eyed. "Elena had Damon manipulate our minds.." She trailed off, not understanding that it hadn't been the case and that Bronwyn had altered her memories. In her mind, she remembered Damon compelling her, even though it hadn't worked.

"So we wouldn't know the truth." The brunette clenched her fist in anger as Jeremy nodded. "She thought she was doing us a favour."

"Grieving is terrible.. accepting that someone you love is gone forever.. feeling like your world is falling apart... but this- forcing us to believe these lies in order to avoid grieving... it's despicable." Lexa growled, before looking up at her brother, who also looked glassy eyed. Alexia then embraced her brother, hugging him tightly, as he tried not to cry on his sister's shoulder.

━━━━━ ⋆⋅♥︎⋅⋆ ━━━━━

Elena, Natasha and Damon stood in the cellar, all watching Stefan. "It's so hard to see him locked up like this." Elena sighed. Natasha shrugged, "This was your idea." Elena frowned at the doppelgänger.

"We couldn't have him running around chewing on people while the town was looking for vampires, now, could we?" Damon admitted. "It had nothing to do with you actually caring about him?" Elena asked. Damon just shrugged, "Your thing, not mine."

━━━━━ ⋆⋅♥︎⋅⋆ ━━━━━

Lexa sat down by the kitchen counter, drinking coffee, until she heard a frantic knock at the door. Surprised by the sound of urgency, she left her coffee and dashed over to the door. The Gilbert opened the door, to see Sienna standing on the other side, with a bag by her side. "Cece?" She asked. "Hey Lexa."

The werewolf removed the sunglasses from her face, revealing a dark purple bruise under her eye, causing Lexa to gasp. "What happened?" She asked, taking a step forward. Sienna looked away, unable to look the girl in the eyes, "My uncle.. he got angry at me.. he doesn't like that i'm also into girls and when he saw us together yesterday he.." The girl paused for a moment, to take a deep breath. "He wasn't happy.. and once we were behind closed doors, he hit me."