035. the bachelor fundraiser

Carol was on the stage, talking into a microphone as she introduced the Fundraiser to everyone seated inside the grill

Carol was on the stage, talking into a microphone as she introduced the Fundraiser to everyone seated inside the grill. "Tickets for the raffle are now on sale. All proceeds benefit the annual Founder's Day celebration." She announced.

Caroline, Lexa, Elena, and Matt were all milling around at the front of the Grill. "He's already been hit on, like, 35 times. He's total cougar bait." Caroline bitched, talking about Damon. "Impressive." Elena admitted as Lexa just frowned, "More like embarrassing."

Caroline laughed at her best friend's reaction but fell quiet once she saw Kelly enter the Grill. "Hi, Mrs. Donovan." She chimed as the woman appraised them. Kelly glanced at Caroline with distaste and looked at the Gilberts. "Elena, Alexia, honey."

"Hi, Kelly." The twins replied in unison, though Lexa sounded a little unsure, as she wasn't super fond of Mrs Donovan. Kelly hugged both of the girls as Elena smiled, whilst Lexa didn't look pleased.

"Long time, no see." Kelly chimed, breaking away from the twins. "How are you doing?" Elena asked. "Oh, same old. Oh. Matty tells me you broke his heart- And that you," She turned to Lexa. "Broke Vicki's." The words stung Lexa.

"Mom." Matt groaned, not pleased by her behaviour. "Just kidding. Calm down. Matty found his rebound girl." Kelly said, before glancing over at Caroline. "And Vicki.. she's happy wherever she has ran off to." Mrs Donovan said, glancing at Lexa who still, didn't look pleased.

"I just hope I don't get Bachelor 3. I dated him in high school. Not impressive. In any way." Kelly said as Matt shook his head, embarrassed. Caroline hands Kelly her tickets and she takes them. "Very exciting." Kelly said before she walked off into the Grill.

Elena turned around and saw Alaric. They stared at each other for a moment before Alaric walked off and Elena turned back around with a dissatisfied look.

━━━━━ ⋆⋅♥︎⋅⋆ ━━━━━

"And what do you do, Bachelor Number 3?" Carol's cheery voice piped up, as she leaned the microphone towards the 'bachelor'. "Yeah, I'm a plumber." The man answered.

"Well, isn't that wonderful? We could always use more plumbers. Moving on. Number 4, Alaric Saltzman. Wow. That's quite a mouthful. What do you do, Alaric?" Carol asked. "I'm a teacher at Mystic Falls High." Alaric answered the woman. "Oh, beauty and brains, ladies. This one's a keeper. What do you teach?"

"History."

"History. Oh, well, give us a fun fact about Mystic Falls, something crazy." Carol grins, before Alaric looked over at Damon. Damon places his hand up to his ear, sarcastically anticipating a response.