113. our town

"Lexa, where the hell are you?" Stefan's voice could be heard through Lexa's phone

"Lexa, where the hell are you?" Stefan's voice could be heard through Lexa's phone. "Both you and Damon are late."

"Oh, I'm heading to Lynchberg." Lexa responded as she was nearly at her destination already, after stealing somebody's car to drive there. Stefan blurted out, "What?!"

"I'm hungry... decided to take a pit stop. Meet you at the Witch house later." The Gilbert decided, as she went to hang up the phone but Stefan wanted to get the last word in.

"You can't just decide when you're in or out of this plan... that's not how a partnership works." Stefan reminded the heretic as she let out a humourless laugh. "Usually in partnerships you don't invite in other people without consoling said partner... but you did that." The Gilbert replied.

"Ah, so you're mad about Damon." Stefan said as Lexa frowned, "Of course I'm mad about Damon, he's a pain in the ass." She replied harshly.

"Well... you can't run forever... plus it's Caroline's birthday, you have to come back and wish her a happy birthday." He spoke as Lexa shrugged nonchalantly, "I could just call her." She insisted, not ready to go back to Mystic Falls.

Stefan was going to reply, but Lexa noticed the exit to Lynchberg sign and wanted an excuse to end the call. "I have to go. It hasn't been a pleasure." The Gilbert hummed before she hung up the phone.

━━━━━ ⋆⋅♥︎⋅⋆ ━━━━━

Elena, Giorgia and Carmen eagerly decorated Caroline's locker, before Bonnie joined them.

"Hey, sorry I'm late, I...I got held up." Bonnie said, as she had been on the phone to Stefan. Since Lexa ditched him to grab a bite, he needed somebody else to help him open the coffin.

"It's okay. We just got here too." Elena announced before Gigi asked Carmen, "Babe, can you pass me the balloons?" Carmen obeyed and handed her the bright balloons as the brunette quickly kissed her cheek, "Thanks."

"What got you running late?" Elena asked Bonnie as the witch replied, "I was...working on some new spells. You?"

"Working out with Alaric. So, I have something I need to tell you, and you're not gonna like it." Elena began as Bonnie frowned, "What happened?"

"Jeremy is gonna be leaving town for a while. He'll be staying with some old family friends in Denver, until this whole Klaus thing blows over." Elena explained as Bonnie, Giorgia and Carmen shared confused looks. "Jeremy wouldn't just leave you to deal with Klaus on your own." Bonnie admitted as Elena guiltily responded, "I know...I asked Damon to compel him."