092. a pancake birthday tradition

Sienna walked through the streets of Manhatten, ignoring all of the constant chatter as she did

Sienna walked through the streets of Manhatten, ignoring all of the constant chatter as she did. The smell of coffee and pastries filled the air, as she passed various cafes and bakeries.

Finally reaching a phone box, the Lockwood thought of the only two phone numbers that she could remember, as her phone was busted.

She tried calling Tyler, a few times actually, but there was no answer. Next she called the other number she remembered, being Lexa's.

Nervously, the werewolf shuffled her feet. "Cmon doll, pick up..." Sienna pleaded.

Meanwhile in Mystic Falls, Lexa grumbled as she was tossing and turning in her bed as she tried to fall back to sleep, but it didn't seem to work. After hearing Elena and Alaric talk loudly outside her bedroom door moments earlier, she found herself wide awake.

Suddenly, the heretic's bedroom door creaked open slightly and a loud meow was heard. "Salem?" Lexa asked, as the cat jumped onto the bed, purring loudly.

Lexa smiled, as he approached her, before he lightly head-butted her forehead, as a sign of affection. "Am I... still your teenage witch?" The Gilbert giggled, before Salem cuddled up to her.

Over the past few days, Salem hadn't really been present. He'd been exploring a lot, and one of the Gilbert's would leave a bowl of kibble for him to eat. This was the first time since Lexa had turned, that she'd seen her cat.

Lexa kissed Salem's head, before she cuddled him carefully, and closed her eyes.

Suddenly, the door to the heretic's bedroom fully opened, as Elena stood in the doorway. "Good morning!" She greeted, as Lexa rolled onto her back, as Salem wriggled out of her arms. "Morning." Lexa replied.

Elena walked over, holding a mug of coffee in her hand, for her twin, but she stopped to notice the several empty mugs spread throughout her room. "You have... been drinking coffee a lot more lately." The girl stated as the heretic sat up. "Weirdly, drinking lots of coffee keeps the edge off." She replied before her eyes lit up at the fresh coffee Elena held. "Gimme." She spoke childishly.

The doppelgänger laughed, before handing the coffee to her twin. "Happy birthday, Lexa." She said, as suddenly Lexa paused. "Oh my god its our birthday." She blurted, realising that she'd totally forgotten. "Happy birthday, Lena!" The heretic then boomed, before quickly jumping up to place a harsh kiss on her twins forehead. "Ow." Elena laughed.

"Come downstairs, we're having breakfast with Alaric and the girls." Elena announced before she suddenly left.

Lexa rolled over, taking her phone from the nightstand, before she pulled up Stefan's contact. The Salvatore had been gone for weeks, as he gave himself over to Klaus in exchange for a werewolf cure for Damon, which by the way happened to be the Mikealson's hybrid blood.