048. the accident

Night had fallen, and as Damon was looking and walking around in the town square, when he ran into Anna

Damon looked surprised to see her, "You're still around?" He asked. Anna ignored his question, and instead explained, "There's something you need to know. The vampires from the tomb are planning an attack tonight."

Damon blinked in surprise, "How do you know this?" He asked. "I went to them. They think I'm with them but I'm not. They want the Founding Families dead." Anna responded.

"When is this supposed to happen?" Damon questioned as Anna responded, "When the firework start." There was a long pause, before Damon realised something. "John Gilbert wants to use that invention on them!" Anna realised, "Then we can't be here!"

Damon shook his head, "It doesn't work, it's been deactivated." He insisted. Anna nodded, "Well, then a lot of people are gonna die." She admitted. "Where are they right now?" Anna sighed, "They're already here, Damon."

Not a moment passed and Damon walked away, passing Alaric. He quickly informed him of what was going on, and the duo decided to work together to take down the tomb vampires. Alaric then disappeared, to grab weaponry that was stored in his car.

Damon quickly paced over to Elena and Stefan, "What are you doing?" Elena asked as Damon looked at her "Saving your life. Fifteen words or less... Tomb vamps are here. Founding families are their target. You need to get the twins out of here." Damon ordered, before he realised that only one of the twins were standing before him.

"Where is Lexa?" The vampire asked, concern in his voice. "She's at the Grill." Elena answered. "Great, make sure she goes home too." He ordered before he turned around to leave. "Wait, where are you going?" Stefan asked, before his cocky brother replied, "That's more than fifteen words, Stefan."

Once Damon was out of sight from the pair, he quickly dialled a phone number, placing it to his ear. "Damon?" A chirpy voice asked. "Tasha.. where are you? Please tell me you're at the boarding house." The vampire sighed. "What? On a night like this? I'm in the town square.. about to enjoy the fireworks... and maybe find a cute woman to hook up with." The heretic insisted.

"What? Why would you do that?" Damon asked. "Well Lexa and Elena are in seperate places, I figured I could pretend to be my doppelgänger for a little while and enjoy the show." Natasha declared. "Tasha.. you need to go home, there's going to be an—" Damon was cut off, as the heretic frowned. "Damon, I will be at the boarding house shortly.. no one will even know there are three of us wandering around." The Pierce girl declared before hanging up the phone.

Damon cursed, removing his phone from his ear. He wasn't bothered that Natasha was roaming around town as "Alexia". She was smart, she could pull it off.. but he worried for when the attack began and the tomb vampires assumed she was a Gilbert. Of course, the heretic could hold her own with ease, but against a lot of tomb vampires, it wasn't going to be easy.