031. the betrayal

Stefan, Damon and Lexa walked out onto the front porch to talk, Elena was upstairs on a phone call with Bonnie

Stefan, Damon and Lexa walked out onto the front porch to talk, Elena was upstairs on a phone call with Bonnie. "Who took it?" Damon asked sternly, wanting the journal desperately. Lexa just gave a shrug in response. "I don't know." Stefan lied. Damon paced around "You know what, it's that teacher. There's something really off about him." Stefan shook his head, "No, he doesn't know anything. Somebody got to it right before me."

"Who else knew it was there?" Damon asked the pair, as Stefan looked through the window at Jeremy, but didn't say anything. Damon looks at Jeremy also and began to walk back into the house.

Lexa jumped in front of Damon, guarding the door. "No. Damon, leave him out of it!" She ordered. "Why, what's the big deal?" Damon asked as Lexa glared, "I can burn you to the ground." The Gilbert threatened.

Damon rolled his eyes before he shoved Lexa, and walked into the house. Stefan offered Lexa a hand as she was on the ground now, she took it and stood up, her expression being unimpressed. The pair then followed after Damon.

Damon sat on the arm of the sofa to speak with the younger Gilbert. "So....I heard you found a really cool journal from back in the day. Who else did you show it to?" He asked.

"Huh?"

"Don't ask questions, just spill."

Jeremy just chuckled, "You're kidding me, right?" Lexa walked over to her brother, giving Damon a light shove off the couch. "Jer, did you tell anyone other than Mr. Saltzman about Johnathan Gilbert's journal?" She asked. "Why is everybody so obsessed with that thing?" Jeremy asked his sister. Lexa ignored the question, and instead asked another question, "Who else did you tell?"

"Just that girl Anna." Jeremy answered. "The hot, weird one?" Damon asked as the boy nodded in response. "Wait, who is Anna?" Stefan asked. "That's what I want to find out." Damon said.

Lexa grinned, "Anna is Jeremy's girlfriend." She teased as the boy blushed in embarrassment, "She is definitely not my girlfriend!" He huffed, as Lexa laughed in response.

"How do you know her?" Damon asked. "I just know her. She wants me to meet her at the Grill tonight." Jeremy answered. "Perfect. I'll drive. Come on." Damon decided.

"Nuh-uh! I do not trust you to drive my brother anywhere." Lexa said as Damon frowned. "I guess you are driving then." He declared. Jeremy got up from the couch and followed Damon and Lexa out of the house.

Elena walked back over to Stefan. "Where's Damon?" She asked, before looking around, "And Lexa.. And Jeremy?" Elena asked, now sternly as she was worried. "He left to track down Jeremy's friend Anna, see if there was anything there. Lexa is driving them." Stefan explained. Elena blinked in surprise, "Aren't you going to go with them? If Damon gets to the journal before we do, then..." She trailed off as Stefan pulled out a stack of papers. "Doesn't matter."