079. a new best friend

Lexa's eyes fluttered open, as the pain in her head refused to subside

Lexa's eyes fluttered open, as the pain in her head refused to subside. She groaned, before hearing a familiar voice. "Morning, sunshine!"

The Gilbert's eyes shot open, facing Damon who stood in the doorway of the bedroom. "Damon..? Where am I?" Lexa asked. "You're in Stefan's room." Damon answered before Lexa's eyes widened. "You put me in the bed that our siblings have sex in? That's nasty." She grumbled, quickly sitting up. Damon chuckled, but shook his head, "Sheets were changed before he left, don't you worry."

Damon moved to sit on the edge of the bed, as he faced the siphoner. "How's the head?" He asked. "It still hurts." Lexa confessed, rubbing the back of it as if the pain would just magically go away. "Anything you can update me on while you're here? Might as well make yourself useful." The twin teased.

"I did hear one piece of good news... Tyler Lockwood ran away from home last night." Damon said, which caused Lexa to look surprised as slightly sad. "How do you know?" She asked. "Well, I heard it from Sheriff Forbes, who heard it from a very distraught Sienna Lockwood, thus, ending our werewolf chapter, bringing us to..." Damon trailed off as Lexa answered, "...killing Elijah."

"Exactly."

"Well, it's not going to be easy. He's crafty." Lexa admitted. Damon shrugged, "Well, I've got a crafty little dagger." He replied. "He's an Original. We don't know what all that encompasses... though Natasha might- is she around?" Alexia suddenly asked. Damon shook his head, "She's gone for a few days.. said something about needing to clear her head. I don't actually know why or where she is gone, but I know that my best friend can protect herself." He replied. "And trust me, Lexa. I'm gonna dot all my t's. I don't want any surprises." The Salvatore added.

Lexa looked at him with surprise, "Wow, Damon, tell me you're actually gonna be careful for once?" She asked. "You're turning into Stefan!" She then teased as Damon rolled his eyes before he smirked, "Yes, I've become Stefan. How tragic for us all." Damon replied before he got up, "I've got to run. I have a murder to plan. Busy day." He said, as Lexa laid her head back down on the pillow, still feeling it throb. "I think I'm gonna go back to sleep for a bit." She said. "That's fine, see you later."

━━━━━ ♥︎ ━━━━━

Lexa stepped through the dead leaves, which crunched underneath her black platform boots. She approached the cemetery, fidgeting with her hands nervously as she walked.

She hadn't visited her parents in a while, well before she found out that were actually her adoptive parents. It didn't change anything though, Lexa still saw Miranda and Grayson as her parents, and that wasn't going to change.