051. brave new world

As everyone was preparing for the carnival, Bonnie, Elena and Lexa chatted quietly

As everyone was preparing for the carnival, Bonnie, Elena and Lexa chatted quietly. The trio have decided to take care of everything for Caroline.

"Katherine looked just like you guys, it was freakish." Bonnie insisted, looking at the twins. Elena sighed, "She is our ancestor."

"Hey, I moved the student booth into the cafeteria." Lexa spoke up, as she hadn't been listening much to their conversation, she wanted to make sure the carnival was perfect, as Caroline wasn't here to make it perfect.

"Your vampire ancestor and she didn't just resemble you like a family member would. She was you!" Bonnie huffed, still talking to Elena about Katherine. "I don't know, I can't explain it. It's creepy, that's all I got."

"How do you know she's not still out there pretending to be you?" The witch asked. Lexa shrugged, "You... get used to it." She admitted, as Natasha had often gone around Mystic falls pretending to be her. "I don't but I could sit here and be tortured by the not-knowing or I could get these prizes to the ring toss." Elena insisted.

"Have you talk to Damon since he killed Jeremy or tried to kill Jeremy?" Bonnie asked. That is when Lexa glared and joined in on their conversation, "That asshole will not be mentioned today. Today needs to be perfect!" With that the siphoner waltzed off.

Bonnie looked at Elena, who smiled nervously, "She wants today to be perfect for Caroline.. and no Bonnie, I haven't, I won't and I don't want to talk about Damon or anything else that's vampire related okay?" She asked before she handed a bag full of plushies to Bonnie.

━━━━━ ⋆⋅♥︎⋅⋆ ━━━━━

Caroline was laying in the bed. The curtains were drawn except for a small ray of light trickling from the window. Curiously, she tried to put her hand in the light, but withdrew it painfully as it burned her. "Ow!" She hissed.

Matt appeared in the doorway, holding a tray of food. "Your mom said you're not eating." He began as the blonde frowned, "It's gross." Matt chuckled, "It's hospital food; it's supposed to be gross."

The boy then went toward Caroline to kiss her, but as the ray of sunlight was between them, Caroline didn't move.

Awkwardly Matt stepped back, "She also said you're getting released tomorrow morning." Caroline blinked in surprise, "Morning? I need to get out tonight!" She ordered.

"No, the carnival is going to happen without you, Caroline. I know it's hard for your neurotic control freak personality to process but Bonnie, Lexa and Elena have it." Matt insisted as his girlfriend frowned at him, "I'm not neurotic."