049. sister dearest

Lexa's eyes fluttered open, as she heard a monitor beeping beside her

Lexa's eyes fluttered open, as she heard a monitor beeping beside her. "Huh?" She confusedly managed to croak out, before she sat up, realising she was in a hospital bed. "Why am I... in the hospital?" The girl wondered, before she looked around. She had no idea what'd happened to her.

The door to the hospital room suddenly swung open, and Sienna entered, her eyes widening when she noticed Lexa was awake. "Lexa!" The girl blurted, as she raced over and embraced her girlfriend. "Cece, hey." Lexa replied, hugging her back.

After a couple of moments, they broke apart, Sienna cupping Lexa's cheek gently. "Babe.. why am I in a hospital bed? What happened to me?" She asked concerned, as Sienna took a seat on the side of the bed.

"Lexa.. what is the last thing that you remember?" The Lockwood asked. "I remember.. getting into that car accident.. and Caroline she— where is Caroline!?" Lexa asked anxiously and panicked. "She's resting, which is what you should be doing." Sienna reassured her, moving her hand down to her side now.

"You passed out, doll.. you were so worried about Caroline and you were adamant about staying by her side until she woke up.. but I guess with the lack of sleep, food, water and I'm guessing shock.. you ended up passing out sometime during the night. I got a call from Matt and I came as soon as I could." Sienna added.

"When I got to your hospital room, I saw that you were sleeping so peacefully." Sienna concluded as Lexa nodded, taking this all in. "Oh wow.. I don't remember any of that." She confessed, before facing Sienna, who looked like she had more to say, but was reluctant.

"I uh.. just got off the phone to your sister." The werewolf sighed, as Lexa listened intently. "Your Uncle John.. who Elena explained is actually your Dad, was raced to hospital. Someone got into your house, we presume a tomb vampire, and tried to kill John." Sienna explained, as the Gilbert blinked in surprise, as she processed all of this. "Oh my god.."

"That's.. not all." Sienna admitted, quietly, as Lexa looked back to her girlfriend. "Jeremy.. he tried to.." She trailed off, not wanting to continue. "What happened to Jeremy?" Alexia asked, her voice filled with panic. "He tried to turn himself into a vampire.. He has been under Jenna and Elena's strict care ever since."

Lexa's expression faltered, "Oh my god.. this is terrible I need too—" Sienna quickly cut her off, "Lexa, you need to rest." The werewolf insisted, as Lexa sighed, before sinking back into her bed.

"Also.." Sienna spoke up, a tinge of sadness in her tone. "Uncle Richard died.. Damon and Natasha watched him die in the basement." She confessed as Lexa's mouth fell open. "Baby.. I'm so sorry.." She managed to say, in almost a whisper. "I was never close with him at all.. more particularly towards the end.. but I never wished death upon the bastard." Sienna replied, seeming conflicted.