063. the masquerade ball

It was the night of the masquerade ball

It was the night of the masquerade ball. Everyone is in formal wear, also wearing masks.

Lexa walked through the entrance, wearing a red dress, that Caroline had leant her. She didn't intend on coming, but Sienna had decided to attend the ball, mostly so her aunt and cousins would think that she was okay... that everything was okay.

Stefan approached Lexa, with a worried look, "Elena?" He asked as Lexa shook her head, "The magical twin." She replied as Stefan then chuckled, before offering her a smile. "You look beautiful." He admitted as Lexa gave her friend a smile, "Thanks Stef. You look really nice. Elena did say to beware of a Salvatore in a tux." She giggled, giving him a playful look. "Oh? Is that so?" The vampire asked as Lexa shrugged, "Maybe don't tell her I said that."

The siphoner's shoulders then slumped, "Hey I'm sorry i'm not helping out tonight. I'm going to be with Sienna, though if things get really bad and you need your favourite Gilbert to come save the day, I'm only a call away." She gave a smile. "Thanks Lexa.. how is Sienna?"

"How do you think?" The Gilbert sighed. Stefan frowned, "I never wanted this to happen." He admitted as Lexa nodded. "I believe you.. I know that it was all Damon, with Natasha's encouragement." She admitted, seeming annoyed.

Suddenly, Damon approached them. "Do you see her?" He asked, before looking to Stefan and Lexa. "I only see a selfish fucking asshole.. oh and Stefan- hey Stefy." She said, putting on a faux smile. Damon frowned.

"Nope. You're sure you can do this?" Stefan asked, ignoring Alexia's comment. Damon scoffed, "Who are you talking to?" He asked. "Oh, I had the chance to kill her and I hesitated." Stefan admitted as Damon shrugged, "Well that is the fork in the road between you and me my friend. I don't hesitate."

"No you don't. In some situations that can be terribly bad." Lexa spat, before looking to Stefan. "Remember to call me if it gets real bad." She said before strutting away. "Well. She hates me." Damon sighed as Stefan eyed his brother, "Can you blame her?" He asked. Damon didn't answer.

"You spent 145 years loving Katherine, it could happen." Stefan said as Damon deadpanned his brother, "I won't hesitate."

"Okay."

━━━━━ ♥︎ ━━━━━

Jeremy stopped to text Damon but suddenly Elena grabbed his arm. He looked at her, his eyes widening when he realises it could be Elena. "Please be Lexa." He blurted as Elena just frowned, "What the hell is going on?" She demanded.

Elena looked at her brother in surprise as it clicked, "You guys are trying to kill her here?" Jeremy replied with, "We saw an opportunity and we knew we had to take it. It's not just about you anymore, Elena. She's messed with all of us, she has to be stopped."