028. unpleasantville

Jeremy was sketching at the dining room table

Jeremy was sketching at the dining room table. Meanwhile Lexa was slumped on the couch, busily texting away on her phone whilst the tv loudly played in the background. The doorbell rang and Jeremy got up to answer it. A pizza delivery guy was waiting on the front porch, a bag of delicious, fresh pizza in his arms. "Hey. It's gonna be $22." The guy said as he pulled pizza out of the bag.

Jeremy turned to the living room before calling out, "Lexa, I need the money!" Getting no response, he turned back to the delivery driver. "Uh, here. Come in. Just put it on the table."

Jeremy walked back into the dining room, heading towards the living room. The young man stood on the front porch for a moment longer before crossing the threshold into the house. He placed the pizza on the table while Lexa came over retrieving the money from her wallet.

"Hi." Lexa smiled, before grinning at the boy, finding him attractive. "Hi." The guy responded, smiling back. Lexa handed him the money, "Keep the change." She said in a flirtatious tone, as he replied, "Thanks. And you have yourself a good night." Partially smirking before he turned around and left.

━━━━━ ⋆⋅♥︎⋅⋆ ━━━━━

Out in the front courtyard of the school, Lexa and Caroline were walking across the lawn together. Caroline was observing the necklace around her neck which Lexa just gave her. "It's so pretty. Thank you." Caroline smiled, causing Lexa to smile back. "God, it'll go with, like, everything. What's the occasion?" The blonde asked, eagerly.

"No occasion. Just a gift for my bestest friend in the world." Lexa smiled before she and Caroline then sat down at a table. "Lesbian friend necklace? Cause we're freaky like that?" Caroline grinned before winking at the twin. "Well..." Lexa grinned back, causing the blonde to laugh. "Your friendship is very important to me." The Gilbert insisted.

"Why are you being so mushy?" Caroline then asked. "Because... we haven't really spoken much since you've been hanging out with Matt, and I'm worried that you're avoiding me." Lexa confessed, coming clean.

"I was gonna talk to you about that. I was, but there's just not much to say. You know, we've hung out a couple times. That's it, but... I just feel like we've peeked as friends." Caroline explained as Lexa nodded. "This is weird. I shouldn't be talking to you about this... this is your sister's ex boyfriend. It's weird. It's weird, right?" She asked, rambling on. Lexa shrugged, "It's a little weird," She laughed. "But if it's what you and Matt want, then it's not about Elena or I."

"But it's all about Elena.. Matt's not over her, and we all know it." Caroline sighed, seeming a little disappointed. "She's with Stefan now. Matt understands that. He knows he has to move on." Lexa replied before she unwrapped her sandwich. Caroline looked at her, unconvinced.