081. know thy enemy

"Hello, Alexia

"Hello, Alexia. It's nice to see you again." Isobel spoke, as Lexa still looked completely shocked. Jenna looked at Lexa, "Again?!" She asked, as the Gilbert didn't know what to say.

"So you're the woman who's dating my husband. I need to speak to Alexia and Elena. May I come in?" Isobel ordered before the Gilbert practically threw herself between Jenna and Isobel. "No— no. Don't... don't invite her in." The witch insisted as Isobel frowned, "I need to talk to you, Alexia."

"No!"

Alexia then slammed the door in Isobel's face, before turning to her Aunt, who was crying. Elena suddenly raced downstairs, after hearing the door slamming. "Guys, what's going on?" She asked, before realising that the Sommers was crying. "Aunt Jenna?" Elena asked.

"You knew she was still alive? Ric? John? Did they know?" Jenna demanded, looking to Lexa as she shook her head in frustration. "I can explain everything, Jenna." Lexa insisted, taking a step forward to reach out for her Aunt, but Jenna took a step back, "No!"

"Jenna, please." Elena spoke up now, before Jenna suddenly ran upstairs. Elena ran after her, "Jenna!! Jenna!!" Her Aunt slammed her bedroom door, refusing to exit her room, no matter how much Elena tried to convince her.

Lexa teared up, feeling a wave of regret and sadness wash over her. She suddenly looked down, seeing Salem affectionately rub his head, against her ankle. The Gilbert bent down and picked the small cat up, and cuddled him as she tried to keep her tears at bay.

━━━━━ ♥︎ ━━━━━

Lexa, Damon, Bonnie and Jeremy were walking through the woods. Alexia had been awfully quiet, still thinking about Jenna. "Hey.. you doing okay?" Jeremy asked, as Lexa shrugged, "Not really... you?"

Jeremy shrugged, "I'm doing alright.. I uh... brought you something." He said, before taking his backpack off of his back, and reaching into it to grab a thermos, filled with coffee. "Here.. black no sugar, just how you like it." Jeremy smiled, handing the thermos to his sister. Lexa smiled, before taking it, "Thank you Jer." She replied, grateful for the gesture.

After some time, and more walking, Jeremy asked, "Is this the spot Emily Bennett was killed, too?" Damon replied, "Founders thought it was poetic burning her where the other witches burned." Bonnie frowned at this, "How do you know where the witches were burned?" She asked. Damon shrugged, "Cause I tried to save her. Emily was just my key to getting Katherine back before I knew what a nasty little bitch Katherine was." He explained as Lexa and Jeremy laughed.

They stopped in front of an abandoned and run-down house where the witches used to live. "You sure it's the right place?" Jeremy asked, as Lexa opened the door, and entered the house. Damon just nodded, not answering the younger Gilbert with words.