| Fall Of Felicity | Erwin Sm...

By ilovecoffeeXOXO

Every single human to ever come alive in this life has a deck of cards representing the character traits that... More

Before We Start
Dinner
A New Friend
An Unexpected Turn
Two Minds One Dream
Every Fathers Wish
Instructor Rafael Pavlov
Pain
The Devil's Spawn
Eyebrows and Lambchop
Training Day One
Was This A Good Decision
Home
The Outside World
Hand To Hand Combat
Somebody To Love
Goodbye My Friend, Hello Heartache
The Real Marie
Blinded By Beauty
Adeline
Karma?
First Sip
Erwin's Sweet Sixteen
3D Maneuver Gear
Mina (Mike x Nanaba)
Sex and Pain
A Deal With the Devil
Anka Rheinberger and Thomas
Time Is Ticking...
A Sweet Victory
Moo-blit
Blackjack
Graduation
Commander Keith Shadis
First Expedition
The Eagle's Feather
Bianca's Wedding
Forever Mine
The Bitter Truth
The Moon and Stars
A Twisted Truth
Birth
An Exception
Trust
The Pastries
What Happened Now?
Neander
Obtain
Garrison Branch
Life's Full Of Tough Choice's.
I Can Hear The Bells.
October 14th.
Baby Elourea Zacharias.
Mr and Mrs. Dok.
I Don't Dance.
I Want You.
Grandma Smith's Blessing.
The Ring.
A Bitter Truth.
My Prince.
Life And Death.
Elourea's First Birthday.
Street Rat to Survey Corp Rat.
A Talk.
Pleasure
Uh-Oh
Time
Round Two
Dinner Date
I Can't Give Up
Save Me Erwin
Surgery
Justice
Friendship
Shower, Sex and Satisfaction
Jack!?
Black Or White
Young Love
Nature Vs. Nurture
Erwin's Ring
I Do
Love Me Aurora
Pregnant!
Victoria
The Moutain's Top
Commander Pixis
One Night, Two Beginning's
Forever Home
The Fall of Wall Maria
A Compromise
Baby Number One
A Broken Man
Long Ago
Repairing an Old Wound
Marriage
Baby Number Two
Goodbye Grandmother
Naive Aurora
Edwin's First Birthday
So Long Jack
Happy Birthday Aurora
Gym Bros
Eustace's First Birthday
Harder Erwin
Authors Note! Important Please Read 🙏🏻

The Devil's Lair

4.5K 214 44
By ilovecoffeeXOXO

Aurora's POV

"YASSS!!!" she screeched full of excitement sounding as loud and pitchy as a peacock calling hauling my body forward to force my feet to start extending making me feel as though I was tied on strings like a puppet since she continued to drag me across the halls towards the devil's lair. "I like your sense of adventure Sinclair!" she complimented with a smile as broad as a watermelon hearing such a sentence was like music to my ears since I knew from day one curiosity would kill me.

A smile warms across my lips not only pleased from her delightful compliment, but knowing Hanji was equally as excited to solve a mystery only bloomed more of a reason to call her my friend, finding myself increasing my pace so the two of us where lightly jogging to the devil's lair and oddly enough there wasn't a single stung of pain blasting in my lower back......

Swiftly the two of us had reached the end of the hall, where there was only one entrance that tilted to the left side leading us down a dark dimmed hallway lit with a few lanterns hanging from the ceiling reminding me of a witches cave, but resting at the end of the hall stood one large wooden door with forced carving stabbed into the wood by a sharp a knife though the words looked as though someone had stabbed the wood with their last breath forming the sentence.

INSTRUCTOR RAFAEL PAVLOV

Once I finalized the sentence a gust of wind blows against my neck sending chills to run up my forearm as though ants where crawling up my skin from the sudden sense adventure only steps away. Excitement tingled in my fingers tips as though I placed my hand on a flame, desperate to explore and find such a secret, but the biggest sensation was that I felt my elbow being cuffed by a hand shielding my skin to inflict more curiosity to sting my bloodstream.

What?

Just as I was able to look over my shoulder who was restraining me, I was yanked away from the hall feeling my back collide with the solid coarse wood trapping me like a mouse though giving me the privilege to see who was controlling me?

"Erwin!" I breathed from shock feeling my heart spazz out in my chest as painful as feeling a ball smash my chest from his sudden arrival, burning more wonder to ignite in my bloodstream because why was the blonde boy here, and what was he doing?

Erwin's eyes the color of sapphires remained stuck on mine dilated with focus and concern tested with concern, lifting both of his hefty arms the size of an axe to rest over my shoulders, leaning his chest forward to pin me down
like I was the middle of a sandwich parting his thin lips open to soothe the room with his handsome voice.

"Nanaba told me everything." he whispered as low as dropping a pebble in the lake I only felt heat begin to burn across my cheeks as though I was standing in the sun since not only the position produced heat to warm me up, but I could only imagine how descriptive Nanaba was.

I'm sure she did......Nanaba loves to tease and pick on me because that's our friendship and what is the pint of a friendship if you can't laugh with each other......but she knows how much I adore Erwin.

"Of course Erwin." I answer feeling my stomach start to twist and turn as though a ribbon was tied around my organ from unease starting to flourish in my veins, but more so I felt embarrassment burning in me knowing Nanaba must have exaggerated on things. "I just wanted to make sure you where alright after everything.......I can't imagine what you must have went through."

Erwin's lips as thin as an orange peel slowly lifted into a delightful grin even his pupils softened to look as mushy as mash potatoes, but sparkled like sapphires hitting sunlight from pleasure  swimming in him I nearly lost my breath how charming he looked.

He's so wonderful.

"I'm quite alright Aurora. Thank you for your concern." he exhaled as low as blowing out a candle, slowly removing himself from me but refusing to break out eye contact. "I noticed you were not in the infirmary room, and I wanted to make sure you where safe." he mentioned with a voice as calming as hearing water stream down a mountain.

Hearing his soothing voice echo through my eardrum only encouraged more delight to sway in my bloodstream, brightening my smile from his chivalry actions now my stomach tingled from passion as though butterflies where brushing their wings against my skin.

Awe.....that's so sweet of him.

"Thank you Erwin! That's very nice of you!"

Oooh you know what! I'm sure Erwin would love to come exploring with us! He's just as curious as me and he loves to solve puzzles!

It's one thing I adore about him.

As I was parting my lips open to invite the handsome blonde, another voice had I interrupted my talk overruling my voice like intercepting a catch.

"I have to break up this little argumentative ceremony, but you see we are limited with time!" declared Hanji with a voice as mighty as a tiger I felt my knees quiver from alarm as though I was placed an ice bathe, I didn't expect Hanji could be so persistent and demanding......."Let's go!"

Erwin raised his brow full of confusion nearly touching his forehead, pivoting his perplexed face towards me where I only found him more likable to see him in such a daze.

"Common!" I giggled from the wrinkles and dimples molded in her baffled face looking like play dough though he was adorable as a puppy, inserting my palm to clutch his elbow where we begin to follow Hanji.. "I'll explain as we are walking!"

As the three of us continued to walk forward towards the devil's lair, I briefly explained all the information I learned about to the curious blonde, and to a delight surprise Erwin remained silent well knowing he was concluding all the evidence I laid out only breathing the word "Interesting" , while his thoughts ran loose. His reply only increased my smile and remained lifted since I knew he was just as keen to know more about the past.

I'm glad I have a friend like him. Now I have Hanji too!

The three curious little mice!

"I'm glad I decided to go find you Sinclair." whispered Erwin as lowly as the nights wind, while his lips formed into a cheeky smirk as playful as a puppy fetching a ball fired my cheeks from passion bathing in my bloodstream.

Noticing his lively behavior expressed across his lips only influenced my smile to remained stuck on my lips since he reminded me of a golden retriever even adorable as one.

"Why is that Smith?" I reply once more slipping a giggle engaged by his sudden behavior, but I felt my body burn as though I had gotten a sunburn from his playful mood.

Erwin tipped himself forward exposing his long face smeared with a smug smirk plumed with pride arrogance he looked as though he'd discovered buried treasure, but his sudden playful behavior only encouraged more heat to distribute in my body since he was utterly charming and fascinating.

"You'll be thanking me since I'll be the one to find the clue to unlock this mystery." he announced with a voice full of vanity though soothed with dignity and confidence as a prince I couldn't tell what was more allusive about the blonde boy. His appearance, attitude or his curiosity.

"You better!" I reply slipping a giggle from delight feeling as creamy as though I've eaten eating pudding refusing to flatten my smile dazzled from our conversation. "Or else we will never find out! And I wanna know!"

Erwin's lips the color of a light pink rose remained curled into a grin and glowed as bright as a lantern, but his eyes were dilated looking as mellow as mud in a lake but sparkled so bright full of fascination not even the midnight sky could complete with his blue eyes.....

He is wonderful in many ways.

Promptly the door had opened erupted the silence with a loud CLICK noise, immediately discarding off any ounce of passion in me since curiosity boiled in my veins and that could dominate any kind of feeling.

We three continue to proceed forward entering the devil's lair feeling my energy rocket as high as a kite from the spooky vibes of trespassing but most of all elevated from excitement to try and discover a clue was the best kind of sport out there.

The lair was just like any other office. A large wooden desk stood in the center of the room accompanied with a thick dark brown leather chair on the masters side, while the side closest to us had two wooden chairs. The right side of the room had a build in bookshelf neatly organized and stacked next to each other like dominoes, but the most unpleasant sight was to gaze upon what was sitting behind the master chair.

A black bear's head had been chomped off from it's body nailed and pinned on a board hovered over the masters chair with it's mouth forcibly spread open to expose it's large pointy teeth sending chills up my spine since I could only imagine the fight that went down between the animal and the instructor.

Poor thing......

Hanji flew her way towards the master chair, flinging herself onto the chair like a flying squirrel roughly slamming herself onto it as acting as though it was a mattress cackling in amusement to sound as cheery as a chipmunk gathering nuts, and from that moment I knew she was just as crazy as her father......but not creepy, just insane.

"Weeee!" she snorted like a piglet, starting to spin herself in the master chair in the motion of a merry go round influencing a smile to brighten my lips witnessing how spontaneous she was.

She is a keeper!

Erwin on the other hand was attracted to the shelves of books nailed to the wall being lured into the pages of the book like a moth to a bright light, though oddly enough he wasn't too thrilled about her sudden behavior.

"I would appreciate it if you would keep your voice down, Zoë!" boomed Erwin sounding as powerful as a grenade being thrown, though the irritation swelled in his tone was far more intense since he darted a glare at her.

Hanji ignored his request continuing to spin round and round in the chair. The wind blowing against her hair started to frizzing up her hair looking as tangly and twisted like cotton candy it was a rather interesting sight to see, Erwin's behavior towards another female.

Hhmmm? I know Hanji is behaving rather childish given the circumstances, but I wonder how he would behave if I was doing the same thing?

Then again, Hanji seems like she beats to her own drum......

Erwin was the complete definition of calm and collective twenty four seven, though Hanji's childish behavior was interrupting his concentration which was expressed through the annoyance swelled in his pupils and his facial muscles where tensed with irritation looking as stern as marble

Maybe I can help him!

A smile forms across my lips pleased from the idea of wanting to help a friend, skipping myself closer towards the focused blonde boy were I happily begin to have conversation to offer my assistances.

"How can I help Mr.Smith?" I asked forming a smile across my lips delighted not only to solve a mystery, but do it with one of my best friends whose just as curious as me.

Erwin pivoted his gaze towards mine, noticing the moment we came in contact all his aggravation molded in his face like a sculpture had slowly started to soften like a stick of butter in a frying pan. Eyes diluted with ease to look as calming as though moonlight was dancing over water even his thick eyebrows the shapes of hedges had lowered to arch over his eyes softened from relief, I knew I brought some comfort which only brighten my smile.

"Any ideas Sinclair?" he asked with a voice as soothing as hearing wine being poured from a bottle swooshing into a glass, swiftly closing the current book he was reading to insert it's bound back into the rows of books neatly as he found it.

Hmmm if I would want to hide something it would be in plain sight, because everyone's immediate thought is to hide it somewhere safe......making it obvious, but hidden.....

"What if we are looking for something that is hidden in plain sight!" I mentioned slowly starting to eye the entire room hoping something would scream a clue.

Erwin on the other hand only concentrated even harder from my response looking as tense as though he was about to start a intense work out,
well knowing my sudden idea must have caused some wheels to turn in his head.

My eyes landed on the black bear nailed to his coffin only seasoning my blood with more curiosity because there's a possibility there something more on the bear.

Clearly I wasn't the only one who concluded such an idea.

"What about the bear?!" Erwin and I both called at the same time, gradually shifting my eyes to land on his dazzling blue ones which he mirrored my same actions.

Hearing how we both called on the same idea at the exact same time only provoked heat to rise in my body making me feel as though I was standing next to a fire because it was utterly cute how we where cable to think alike and even use the same vocabulary.

That was cute......that we did that.

Erwin on the other hand nodded his head approving of my sudden reply completely stoned like marble not a single ounce of emotion was dripped, shuffling himself towards the bear where immediately his hands begin to scan any possible clue towards the bear while his eyes where focused and concentrated as though he was a detective.

As Erwin continued to inspect the bear as cautiously as though he was examining a body , my eyes drift towards the floor to notice a leather book dyed in red, only thinking that Erwin must have forgotten to put one of the books back.

We better make sure we leave this place as we left it! Or else Rafael will know it was us trespassing.

I drop myself to the floor curling my fingers around the coarse leather lifting myself up having the intentions of putting the book back on the shelve though Hanji's thought otherwise.

"Oh that is mine Aurora!"squeaked Hanji as low as a mouse nibbling on some cheese, swiftly snatching the book away from my palm to cuddle it close to her chest noticing her cheeks had become red as a cherry even her glasses fogged from stream looking as though she was blind, only making me wonder why she was so bashful from a book?...... but that didn't last long.

"Aurora!" called Erwin, sliding his palm out from the bear's throat and attached to his fingers was a piece of parchment paper looking as though he was a reel and his palm pulled up a fish, boosting my interest wondering what the blonde boy found.

Hurriedly I sped over to the blonde boy as fast as my feet could take me, feeling my heart nearly burst out from my chest from the sudden change of events having my full attention directed at Erwin's hands

Erwin's used his index finger and his thumb to carefully remove the wax seal stamped on the entrance of the envelope dyed in the color red with the letter S printed on the paper, boosting my interest to make me feel as though I was standing on top of a cliff from all the excitement tingling in me.

He found something important!

Erwin as calm and smooth as water flowing down a river stream had cautiously withdrawn the wax from the triangular flap concealing the insides, sliding his hand into the envelope as quietly as a snake wrapping around a tree's limb to pull out a handwritten letter addressed to our instructor leaving my body to blast with wonder thinking what was this message about.

Erwin transferred me the envelope as cautiously as holding a glass vase while his blue eyes the color of a sapphire where glued to the letter refusing to look anywhere else noticing his pupils juiced with interest the size of an orange I knew he was equally as excited to uncover this clue.

"Dear Jack." Erwin began to read the letter off as captivating as hearing a warrior telling his journey, though his tone was bold and powerful like a judge proclaiming his verdict on a homicide case only attracted my body closer to his like a magnet. "I am writing to you in regards of the most recent expedition you've accompanied with me.  It was a pleasure to reunite with my long lost friend, but I also want to apologize for such a tragic accident about the bear and your face. As a token of my condolences I am offering you a position in the military as an instructor since due to your injury your ability to see has been impaired. You will get paid every week, and living expensive's will be covered since you will be transferred to the training grounds............Sincerely, Jacob Sinclair."

Hearing Erwin's last sentence roll off his tongue froze my entire body from shock feeling as though I've been shot with a pistol in the chest since pain scorched all along my chest even my head began to thump as though a mallet was cracking my skull frightened from the terror that Papa knew this psycho.......as a friend.

Papa.......knows our instructor........he even offered him the position.

My head continued to antagonize with pain as though hundreds of wasp had stung my skull, my mind felt as lost as hopeless as though my brain stem was sawed in half. I could not comprehend the sudden clue, it felt unreal.....

"Curious indeed." Erwin proclaimed raising his right brow full of skepticism, flipping the paper  over in it's back to examine if there was more content. "So our instructor is using a faulty name.......but what is even more intriguing is that Mr.Sinclair had roots with Jack."  he mentioned darting his intense stare at me only stumping my head with more confusion since I couldn't read what Erwin meant by those last words.

I could only shrug back towards Erwin from unsure, lifting my shoulders towards my jaw and even used my palms to express my cluelessness to the sudden reply, though I knew this letter must have opened doors for Erwin since he remained in silence for the following time.

"I knew that already!" comically joked Hanji as light and breezy as the summer's wind, finally coming to a stop with her spinning to land on her feet. "Father didn't want anyone to know his true identity, that's why he name a fake name." she explained using her palms to straighten her head as though she was molding clay, noticing her eyeballs continued to drift side to side like bouncing a ball.

Hmm....... let's see what Hanji knows, maybe she can give us some clues to help us solve the mystery.

"What exactly do you know Zoë?" Erwin targeted as rough as hearing an axe split a log in half knowing Erwin was one step ahead of my questions, leaving a smile to curl across my lips finding allure from his sudden interest.

Hanji had managed to control her balance, removing her hands from her head to shuffle her way towards the two of us.

"That Aurora's father and mine knew each other." she admitted without any pause, finding more reason to place more trust into the psycho's  daughter from her honestly. "No matter how many times I would ask father he would never go into it."

Hmmm......I wonder why?

Hanji'a last sentence echo through my ears as repeatedly as hearing a pebble drop down a wheel only stirred more curiosity to brew in my blood, creating more questions in my mind well knowing they had no answers, but thankfully a handsome blonde had a brain as intelligent and wise as an old man.

"There must have been some argument between the two." Erwin quickly shot his idea, sounding as influential as a judge proclaiming his verdict with his mallet I could only agree to his words from the confidence build in his tone. "If someone refuses to tell the past on either sides it means there is bitterness between the two."

Erwin speaks with logic, and how can you argue with logic especially how Erwin presents his information and facts......

Hanji nodded her head approvingly starting to slowly pace around her father's office back and forth in the motion of a circle with her hands tied behind her back her round face stoned like a marble statue from thought molded in her muscles.

"I agree with your statement Smith, though I have to ask....is Aurora left out of information just as much as me?"

Immediately I reply to her answer nodding my head implying yes, since as much as I loved Papa and hearing his stories about his adventures of exploring and discovering new animals and horizons, not once would he bring up his past, and Papa knows everyone.

Why would Papa not mention he knew Jack?

As bewildered as I was about the past, there was one thing that could bring down my curiosity.

Footsteps, loud footsteps had thumped the floorboard vibrating the floorboard as rough and violet as an axe chopping down a tree causing all my nerves to jump from alarm even my heart missed it's best from the sudden noise. Charging to the door as fast as I can not even daring to wast another second lingering in the lair while Erwin and Hanji repeated my footsteps, sprinting out of the lair with everything back in it's place looking as though just the way we had left it.

I felt my heart about to rip open from my chest from the sudden transition, my quads sizzled and spazzed from the sudden jerk making me feel as though I was being cooked in oil from the use of my muscles, but the worst sensation was my head aching with pain making me feel as though flies where constantly swarming my head from the pressure of getting out of there alive.

That was close!

"Is everyone alright?!" cautiously questioned Erwin sounding as steady and relaxed as everyday, not even his hair was out of place.

Hanji inhaled as loudly as a blow horn blaring, having to repeat her cycle of breaths a few times, looking as exhausted as though she had ran a marathon.

"What was I thinking?!" she choked sounding as though she had swallowed a bug. still hearing her heavy pants exhale and inhale rapidly as fast as a bumble bee. "I am never going back!"

Erwin nodded his head in approval noticing she was somewhat stable, until he transferred his gaze upon me where his eyes slowly became soft.

"Sinclair? Are you alright."

Noticing Erwin's sudden attention soothed my veins, but hearing his voice full of calmness and care was like hearing a violin string, instantly removing any trace of fear to evaporate into thin air even encouraging a smile to shine.

"Now I am Smith."

Erwin's thin lips like a ruler started to slowly bend upward into a tiny smile, glowing as bright as a firefly in the night to brighten his face making him even more attractive to gaze upon from his charm.

"Whooo!" once more gasped Hanji sounding as disturbing as hearing a gun shot being fired, regaining her stamina finding her feet planted to the ground even though he hair looked as frizzy and bundled up as a ball of yarn. "I think we deserve a treat after that scare!"

As much as I love food, the whole mystery about our demonic instructor kept me anxious and keen, making me feel as though I was standing on top of a cliff inches away from my death, since the mystery is still buried.

I bet if I stayed longer in his office there would have been information about Jack.... I just needed more time.

My head continued to revolve like a pistol the more my thoughts spun with ideas about Jack, trying to piece together where exactly could something been hidden.

What I've gathered about Jack he holds personal things close to him whether it's good or bad......since he kept Papa's letter......

I wonder if Jack is there or it was the wind?

"Sinclair?" repeated Erwin with a voice as smooth as butter, he managed to pop my bubble of thought from his allure. "Are you coming, or not?" he questioned refusing to break eye contact giving me the greatest pleasure to stare at his focus stare.

I wanna know.....I am gonna go back and look around.

A smile lightens my lips from delight to notice Erwin's cation molded across his handsome face. "I'll catch up you with you guys later! There is something I gotta do first before I eat!"

Hanji right away understood my cue, zooming as fast as a bunny rabbit hopping down the halls to the dinning hall, eager to nourish her achy belly.....though to a delightful surprise Erwin stood distill as water in a pond facing me.

"You never skip a chance when it comes to dinner, Sinclair?" he pointed out hearing suspicion elevated his tone sounding as deadly as a riffle gone off, raising one of his caterpillar eyebrow from doubt to add more tense in his attitude. "What's so important?"

Realizing I wasn't able to get off the hook as easily as I thought, provoked heat to color my cheeks from his sudden doubt, feeling my heart skip a beat from fear because I didn't anticipate Erwin would interrogate me, nevertheless catch my bluff causing worry to topple my veins.

Oh no.....I'm not a good liar......especially to him.

I felt my throat suddenly become dry feeling as though I swallowed a spoonful of dirt, my palms started to sweat from fear even my head begin to clog with doubt like a drain pipe easily prohibiting me to concentrate clearly......but I under estimated the golden boy once again.

"Your thinking of going back in his office, aren't you, Aurora?" Erwin called in a voice as captivating and stunning as hearing shooting star soar through the sky, causing stun to overturn any possible sensation how accurate Erwin was.

How did he know?

The only response I could perform was a nod shocked from his accusation, feeling as though my brain had exploded from a grenade from the amount of shock sizzling in my skull. Erwin was remarkable at puzzle, it seems he unsolved me.

Erwin's long face full of seriousness as stern as concrete slowly chipped away as though he was hammered by a chiseled, curling his thin lips into a grin as playful as a puppy discovering a stick more surprise kept arousing my bloodstream.

"Seems as though we think alike Sinclair." he spoke as charming as hearing the keys of a piano dance,  continuing to gleam as smile as bright and lively as a lantern, his sudden behavior encouraged me to reflect one.

Wow.....that's the best compliment I could ever hope for!

I refuse to flatten my smile feeling as energetic as a jump rope overwhelmed with excitement I shot my hand towards his, grasping his wrist where I started to pull Erwin back into the devil's lair.

"Common, let's go!" I mention slipping a giggle from thrill and excitement elevating inside of me like bubbles in a bubble bath, I nearly forgot how terrifying the lair is, since I felt I was walking on a rainbow from Erwin's accompany.

As I continued to drag Erwin down the hall like a stuffed bear, the closer we where reaching the door I could feel the alarm stiffen in Erwin's veins. Erwin then removed himself from my palm as swiftly as a feather transitioning the role who was the leader.

Next I felt Erwin's hand clutch around my arm as secure and tight as a belt, hauling me back as strong as an ox where I found myself resting at his hips, allowing the handsome blonde to take the lead.

"Wait a second Aurora." whispered Erwin as lowly a blowing out a candle where his shimmering sapphire blue eyes synchronized the hallway and entrance of the wooden door.

The devil himself had just exited his office, roughly slamming his door to close shut erupting the whole hallway as thundering as lightening striking the ground, immediately causing goosebumps to scatter along my forearm feeling as tingly and unease as though spiders where crawling up my skin, even my lungs shrivel up as though ropes where tied around me from horror, prohibiting me to function though lucklky the golden boy wasn't as spooked as me.

The corner we where hovering was our advantage and Jack's blind spot, Erwin once more forcibly grabbed me to secure me like handcuffs where he positioned my backside into the concrete wall as protection to feel the coarse and solid wall sink into my shoulders and hips.

"Follow my lead, Aurora." Erwin once again whispered lowly, plunging his body to rest on top of mine, pining me down like a sandwich to protect me making me feel like a peanut and he was the shell, forming heat to distribute along my skin from our distance.

Oh...?!

I felt my heart escalate as rapidly as though I was climbing a pack of stairs from the sudden transition and my only gaze was his broad meaty chest resting above my forehead....but all my emotions and desires easily vanished the clearer those deadly footsteps became.

Jack's mighty stomps echoed down the halls as terrifying as hearing a titan creeping, building anxiety and worry to cloud my gaze making me feel blindfolded, I even forget how to breath from fear.....

"Damn....where can I find more whiskey around here?!" grumbled Jack sounding like a bullfrog, hearing his footsteps march right past us even his body managed to blow a gust of wind from his forceful speed, driving my heart to race at full speed from his distance I thought my heart was about to break my rib cage from it's beats.

Please don't see us!

Jack somewhat tipsy and driven for alcohol trudged right past us as powerful and mighty as a cannon, not even noticing the two soldiers pinned against the wall praying for mercy.

The moment Jack had breezed right past us like a tornado all my anxiety and fear had disappeared making me feel as though dozens of weights where lifted from my shoulders.

"Phew..." I exhaled from relief feeling as though I held my breath underwater for minutes straight, though Erwin clasped his hand around my wrist as tightly as handcuffs forcing me to follow his lead dragging me down the hall.

"We don't have much time, we need to act fast!"

Within a blink of an eye Erwin managed to transfer us to the lair without getting caught, and the moment we entered the room the two of us didn't waste any time fooling around, scratching and scanning the room as detailed as possible.....but once more my eyes drifted onto the black bears ferocious head stamped on the wall, growling back at me with eyes as fearsome as a wolf, only intrigued my curiosity even more.

I would want to create a secret compartment for it. I remember I learned that castle's had secret openings behind tapestries, paintings or even some object would be a opening......but it seems as though we don't have those sorts of items.

Jack got his scar from the black bear, and it ruined his life...I wonder if there is more than meets the eye.

"Erwin." I begin drifting my feet closer to the head of the beast. "Since we found that letter about Papa, what if the bear contains more information?"

Erwin as intelligent as he was, used his foot to hammer the floorboard trying to find a false bottom from the sound of hallow echoing back, but so far only silence was responding back..

"What are you proposing Aurora?" Erwin paused his search, gluing his attention on me but the more we spoke the more confident I became about the bear.

"Remember your father told us stories in class about castles and how the king's and queens would have secret tunnels for escape?"

Right away Erwin intercepted my next thought finishing my sentence where his masculine body met mine.
"A secret compartment......" he breathed hearing astonishment filter his tune, where his hands started to roam the beast searching for a clue like trying to find a needle in a haystack. "I wonder if there is a latch hidden. Father would tell me stories about how fireplaces would have a torch and if correctly tugged the entrance would open......what if the bear also had a mechanic....." Erwin questioned with curiousness soothed in his voice, he only scratched my interest even more from his sudden accusation. "Bears can close there mouths....."

Erwin's hands found the mandible of the jaw, clutching the bear's chin where he forcibly pushed the lower jaw upward to close the mouth  hearing a loud CLICK nose, opening the eyeballs of the bear like shutters on a window sending goosebumps to travel across my skin from the sudden discovery.

"Woah!" I gasped from shock, finding a smile to form across my lips from the excitement finding a clue, but Erwin continued to dazzle me with his imagination.

Erwin courageous inserted his hand into one eye of the beast, pulling out a small circular ring molded from gold small enough to fit a human hand, but the question is was it for a male of female?

Erwin instantly directed his gaze onto me like a fly on a wall, noticing pink started to blemish his snowy white cheeks making it look as though blush was applied across his face.

"Aurora......may I see your hand." he asked with a voice as low and muttered I though a pillow was placed over his lips, lowering his gaze to the side to avoid my stare. "The circle looks to small for my hand, I think it's meant for a female." he mentioned finding the courage to return his stare noticing his pupils where twinkling as breath taking as moonlight shining down upon water.

My smile continues to shine from my lips, delighted from his request only developing more reasons why the golden boy was something special and wonderful to me.

"Please do Erwin." I mentioned refusing to flatten my smile, lifting my left hand towards his, to feel his soft hands enclose my palm as gently as a little bear cub's paw, separating my ring finger from the rest, carefully sliding the golden circle around my finger to feel the cold metal clasp at the end of my finger.

Realizing the ring had dressed me all my passion and heat blossomed for the handsome blonde slowly vanished into thin air. This ring only confirmed one theory I had in mind.

"Jack was in love. Either he is a widow or never got the chance to propose....."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.4K 528 23
✦ 𝐌𝐨𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐧 𝐀𝐔 ✦ 𝐋𝐨𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 - 𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞, 𝐖𝐀 ✦ 𝐀𝐠𝐞𝐬 - 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐲 20s or higher ✦Y/n's lif...
339K 12.4K 13
COMPLETED // (Y/N) Is pretty good at reading people and have a talent for knowing when someone is not ok. Lately (y/n) has noticed that Commander Erw...
2.8K 119 44
"What's wrong? You can't fight men so you take it out on your woman? Cmon, fight me. You're a man aren't you? Fight me like one." Y/n lifts her head...
The Heir By Koda

Fanfiction

27.8K 1.2K 38
《Con-artist Levi x Princess Reader》 |Single| ✦•······················•✦•······················•✦ Separated at the age of 9. (Y/N) (L/N) doesn't remem...