Her Damon | 4 | [COMPLETED]

By repunzel0313

After Rose and Kendyn, Wolf and Freyah, it's finally time for Damon. The Mortimer is back in business and th... More

disclaimer
{1}
{2}
{3}
{4}
{5}
{6}
{7}
{8}
{9}
{10}
{11}
{12}
{13}
{14}
{15}
{16}
{17}
{18}
{19}
{20}
Sorry...
{21}
{22}
{23}
Mortimer family tree
{24}
{25}
A/N
{26}
{27}
{28}
{29}
{30}
{31}
{32}
FICTION AWARDS
{33}
{34}
{35}
Fml
{36}
{37}
{39}
VOTING TIME
Inkitt
{40}
{41}
{42}
{43}
{44}
Rant
{45}
{46}
{47}
{48}
{49}
{50}
{51}
{52}
{53}
{54}
{55}
{56}
{57}
{58}
{59}
{60}
{61}
{62}
{63}
{64}
{65}
{66}
{67}
{68}
{69}
Epilogue

{38}

8K 292 67
By repunzel0313

Chapter {38}

Emrys Belle:

I can't believe I'm engaged, again. But this time to a man I truly love and who loves me and my son with his all and not some jerk face such as Jeremy. I couldn't be happier to have found Damon, like he said, just strangers in the night.

After Damon proposed we stayed sat in the garden under the trees, just us at the moment with no one around to stop us simply being us and in love. It was such a beautiful evening and it is one that will be carved into my mind forever.

I got hungry again so we headed back and joined the rest of the Mortimer family. I got to show off my beautiful ring to everyone. I just can't stop staring at it, it's so shiny and pretty.

I still can't believe I'm engaged to Damon freaking Mortimer.

A couple of days had gone past and a lot had been going on in that short span of time. Wolf and his side of the family had gotten some new information on whatever was going on in their life. All I knew was that Damon needed to help them, so he was not at home most of the time.

I woke up this morning in a cold and empty bed. Confused, I sat up and looked around the room. Sure enoug,h his gun and phone on his nightstandweres gone and the suit he had placed on the chair the night before was gone.

I got out of bed a little upset that he wasn't here and made my way to Aj's room to see if he was awake. Once I came to his door, I saw him sitting on his bed playing with his red car. We got breakfast and got ready for the day.

I wasn't working today as I felt a little unwell and didn't have the energy to run around the hospital like a mad woman and Aj did not have day care so I decided to call my mom and sister to ask them to come down for the day and have lunch so that I could finally tell them I was engaged.

I nervously ran my hand through my hair as I waited for them at my old apartment. I didn't want them going to Damon's because I was scared that they would bring Steven along and I did not trust him, at all. I thought it would be best to be in a place both Aj and I knew and since Damon didn't empty this place out it still looked like I lived here and that's what I wanted.

Aj was playing on the living room floor as he did when we still lived here, lunch was basically done as I continued to dice the tomatoes the door rang sending my heart into a frenzy. I wiped my hands and went to open the door. Of cours,e Mia was the first to greet me and then soon rushed off to bombard my son with hugs and kisses.

"Mum." I smiled and embraced her into a hug.

She came in and as I was about to close the door something, or should I say someone's foot came and blocked the door.

"Hell,o Emrys." Steven's voice called out as he forcefully pushed the door open.

"Steven, what a lovely surprise." I gritted out.

He stepped into the door and made himself at home.

"Oh please, do come in." I sarcastically spoke under my breath.

"So Emmy, why call us for lunch." my mother asked taking a seat at the table I had set up.

"Well..." I dragged coming closer to her showing off my left hand.

"You're engaged?" she asked in awe.

"YOU ARE ENGAGED!" I heard Mia yell from behind me.

I just turned to her and nodded showing her my ring by putting my hand forward.

"It's beautiful, wow." Mia smiled and gave me a hug before I turned back to my mother who had tears in her eyes.

"Congratulations my Emmy. I'm so happy for you." she hugged me making let out a few happy tears of my own.

I loved my mother and even though I always feel like less of a daughter and more of a set back in her life she is still my mother and she loves me no matter what.

"Hope this marriage will stick this time. We don't want a remake of the lass one. Although this wedding will be cheaper since you must have kept your last dress."

I had almost forgotten that Steven was in the room until his sickly voice rang in the air.

"This marriage will stick. This time I'm not with a controlling, narcissistic jerk who thought having a penis gave him every right." I clapped back before adding "I'm with a man who loves me and my son and everything that I am, which might be hard for you to understand since all you care about is your image and you don't give a rat's arse about anything else but yourself."

I concluded, making mother gasp my name.

"Emrys!"

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that." I corrected quickly putting my head down seeing as I had upset both my mother and sister, something I hated doing.

"Let's just eat shall we." I diverted the attention and picked Aj up in my arms needing the comfort from one of his hugs.

"You ok mama?" he questioned taking my cheeks into his hands when we were alone.

"I'm fine baby. Let's just have lunch then you can play with auntie Mia."

He simply nodded and gave me a quick hug before asking to be set back down.

Lunch was rather silent. I was silent, only answering questions when needed and tried to ignore Steven. The only person I was actually talking to was Mia. I could sense my mother wanted to talk to me, ask me questions about when the wedding will be, to ask me how Damon proposed and much more but she knew that I wouldn't want to talk about this in front of Steven who kept cutting her off.

I was washing up the dishes in the kitchen while I left everyone else in the living room.

"Emmy?" I turned around and saw my mother at the door, her eyes pleading with me to come in.

I stayed silent and let her talk.

"I'm sorry baby girl. I know how much you hate Stevn but he insisted on coming with us. I just wanted to say how happy I am for you on your engagement and I am sure Damon will be an amazing father to Aj and this new baby on the way." she spoke stepping closer to me tried to lay a hand on my stomach.

"Mom, thank you but I'm not pregnant." I pointed out the obvious slightly stepping away from her to avoid her touch.

"Oh. I just thought you were." my mother back tracked a little seeming embarrassed to have suggested such an idea.

"Why would you say that I was? Am I fat or something?" I teased looking down at myself genuinely confused as to why she thought I was with child.

"It was just the way you are holding yourself, that and the fact that your cheeks have puffed out a little just like when you were expecting Aj so I just thought that you were. I'm sorry if I jumped to conclusions about anything." she mumbled nervously.

She was about to step back out of the kitchen but she turned around to face me again.

"Are you sure you are not pregnant? Have you taken a test?" she pushed again.

"Ye,s mom I am sure. I didn't take a test but how could I be pregnant?" I almost laughed at how ridiculous she was being.

"You're the doctor, need I to explain how children are made?" she raised her eyebrows at me, crossing her arms over her chest.

"I know how they are made and I'm always careful during sex mom, I'm not pregnant." I told her again starting to get a little annoyed and uncomfortable with this conversation.

"Can you just take a test and see? You have nothing to lose and at least you will know for sure." she continued.

"Mom! I am not pregnant! Will you just drop it?" I snapped throwing the sponge in the sink to show I had had enough.

"Right, I'm sorry Emmy. I just thought that maybe–"

"Wel,l you thought wrong." I cut her off.

She cast her gaze to the ground and nodded slowly before turning around and walking to the door.

I felt a little bad seeing her leave the room like that but that's a thing I hate when she just assumes things and insists that she knows best. I know she's my mother but I don't need her to tell me things like I'm a child and can't see for myself whether or not I'm pregnant.

Although, she did make me question if I was or not. I sat in my kitchen for a little trying to think about symptoms that a possibly pregnant woman would have. I don't have nausea or morning sickness, I am sometimes lightheaded, I have mood swings considering my mother asking me if I were pregnant got me upset. Then I started counting when was the last time I had my period was but I knew the numbers would be off because I don't have a regular cycle so I can't base myself on that.

The more I thought about it the more it got me nervous that I actually might be pregnant.

I came out of the kitchen after finishing off the dishes and making coffee for everyone, I decided to step back outside holding the tray full of drinks.

"Where's Steven?" I questioned seeing as he wasn't here anymore.

"He left for a meeting." Mia informed me still playing with Aj.

"Oh." was all I said rather glad he had left but felt a little hurt that he didn't say goodbye, I mean why would he?

I sat down on the single loveseat in my old living room, lost in my thoughts.

"Emmy?" I heard my mother call my name as she nursed her cup on coffee in her hands.

"Huh?" I turned my head in her direction coming out of my thinking.

"I asked if you were alright. You seem pensive." she said before taking a sip of her drink.

"Mom? Is it ok if you and Mia stay here and take care of Aj while I got and run some errands?" I suddenly stood up and went to get my car keys and bag.

"Um, of cours,e Emmy. But can I ask you what you are going out for?" she questioned putting her cup down on the little coffee table in front of her.

"I think you are right and I just want to make sure." I told her, recognition flashed through her eyes at my words.

"Come back here and we'll wait for the results together, okay?" she gave me a reassuring smile knowing that I am freaking out right now.

I just nodded and ignored Mia's confused gaze and went to the first store I saw.

I rushed in and grabbed as many pregnancy tests as humanly possible and went to pay before driving back home with my heart racing.

I came back into my old apartment to only see my mother sitting on the sofa.

"Where are Mia and Aj?" I asked setting my keys and bag down by the table at the door and kept the bag of tests in hand.

"I sent them off to the park. I thought you might not have wanted your sister here." my mother explained.

"Thank,s mom." she walked over to me and gave me a hug that was much needed before pushing me towards the bathroom.

"Now take a few tests now and save some for later okay. I'll be right outside." she gave me one last hug before closing the door behind her as she left.

I took a deep breath before reading through the instructions on the tests. I followed what needed to be done and started pacing the room waiting for those excruciating five minutes to pass by.

The timer on my phone made me jump as it indicated that those five minutes where up. I rushed over to the three first tests that I took.

Two pink lines.

On all three of them.

Two very distinct pink lines.

"MOM!" I yelled, tears welling up in my eyes.

I'm pregnant.

"What is it Emmy? What does it say?" she rushed out, panic clear in her voice.

"I'm pregnant." I let the tears slip and so did she.

She took me in her arms as we both cried together.

"O,h baby. I'm so happy for you." she cooed in my ear making me hold onto her a little tighter.

What was I going to do? How was I going to tell Damon? How would Aj react? Was I ready for another baby this soon?

"Mom, can I ask you something?" I pulled away from her meeting her eyes.

"Of course Emmy." she smiled through her happy tears.

"Could you keep Aj tonight? Maybe for a couple of days? It would be a nice break for him and give me the time to think about how I'm going to share the news and confirm it with a hospital visit and all that." I asked.

"Yes of course Emmy. I'll be more than happy to keep the little angel for the time you need." she said wiping my tears away with the pads of her thumbs.

"Thanks mom." I hugged her again.

_____________________________

Hello my loves!

sorry it took me so long to update but I had to deal with a broken heart and work.

I will be busy again this week and I hope that I will have time to update something this coming weekend but I can't guarentee it.

What did you think about this chapter?

Emrys is pregnant!

how will Damon react?

how will he find out?

thoughts? predictions?

xoxox

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

578K 12.2K 56
"Let me pleasure you, let me apologise for all the dastardly sins I have committed." I smiled knowingly. "Are you sure? Because there's a lot." Grin...
1.1M 27.1K 45
UNDER EDITING "Listen May" Ace said with a pleading voice. "No Ace! You listen, I was not the one who ended our relationship! I was not the one who d...
4M 121K 52
When an Italian Mafia Boss, Enzo, gets stabbed whilst doing business in London, he just so happens to go into a London hospital, where he sees the mo...
4M 77.9K 45
"I'm not gonna have sex with you baby. Not yet. Just a little fun with the help of some old toys." He smirked and then it suddenly hit me. He stole t...