Her Damon | 4 | [COMPLETED]

By repunzel0313

After Rose and Kendyn, Wolf and Freyah, it's finally time for Damon. The Mortimer is back in business and th... More

disclaimer
{1}
{2}
{3}
{4}
{5}
{6}
{7}
{9}
{10}
{11}
{12}
{13}
{14}
{15}
{16}
{17}
{18}
{19}
{20}
Sorry...
{21}
{22}
{23}
Mortimer family tree
{24}
{25}
A/N
{26}
{27}
{28}
{29}
{30}
{31}
{32}
FICTION AWARDS
{33}
{34}
{35}
Fml
{36}
{37}
{38}
{39}
VOTING TIME
Inkitt
{40}
{41}
{42}
{43}
{44}
Rant
{45}
{46}
{47}
{48}
{49}
{50}
{51}
{52}
{53}
{54}
{55}
{56}
{57}
{58}
{59}
{60}
{61}
{62}
{63}
{64}
{65}
{66}
{67}
{68}
{69}
Epilogue

{8}

14.1K 436 125
By repunzel0313

Emrys Belle:

I drove off after my time with Damon. It was really weird that he came over to my place, but a good kind of weird. It felt nice having such a gorgeous man in my home but I was still wary.

The last man I was with was Aj's father and I do not want to fall down that road again where I was a young and naive girl that fell madly in love too fast and ended up with nothing but a broken heart.

I felt a lot better than when I had first came home and that was thanks to Damon. His warm brown eyes with hazel specks, the smile at the corner of his lips when he spoke about taking me out on a date.

I found myself smiling to myself just at the thought of going back out in the dating field. I got out of my car and walked towards the daycare. I walked past the double doors and signed in at the desk so that I could pick up Aj.

I walked into the 'pick up' room where us parents well, pick up our kids. It's a lot safer than letting our children just walk out and be snatched away by anyone and the signing up at the desk is an extra security measure.

I chatted a little with the other mums there until our little ones came out. Aj ran straight to me, his bag bouncing on his back at each step.

"Mummy!" he yelled and jumped into my arms.

"Hello, my baby." I started kissing every inch of his face making him giggle.

I love that sound.

I signed the both of us out and walked back to the car. I drove the little and me home and started making dinner when my phone started ringing making me jump.

Aj was in the living room playing with his cars making little noises. I picked up the phone seeing that I did not know the number that was calling.

"Hello?" I questioned placing the phone between my shoulder and cheek and continued chopping the carrots.

"Emrys? It's Damon." his deep voice sounded at the other end.

"Why are you calling," I asked changing the phone from side and looking over my shoulder to see if Aj was still ok.

"For two things. The first is I got you a job."

Once he spoke those words I dropped the knife I was using and started squealing and jumping up and down.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" I repeated over and over again in the phone.

"You are more than welcome. I think you will love this new position. It's a lot better than the last one you had and you will have a lot more responsibility. But there's something else too." there was amusement in his tone.

"What? What is it? Oh no is it something bad? It's something bad, isn't it? Oh, I knew this was too good to be true." I ranted.

"Emrys. Emrys. Emrys" he repeated.

"I knew this was not going to be that easy." I continued to rant.

"Baby girl, stop talking." he voice was authoritative and shut me up straight away.

"Ok." I squeaked out.

"You will be head of a department, I have already called up the university and have arranged for your tuition to be paid off as well as Aj's daycare." he continued leaving me speechless.

"You did all that? That's too much Damon. I would have been just as happy with a minor position. I don't know what to say." I sat down at the table and kept my eyes on Aj.

"Say yes to going out with me, next Thursday for lunch." I could hear the nerves in his voice as he asked me.

"Sure, as long as I can get my lunch break off then–"

"It's already done." he cut me off excitedly.

"Ok then. I'll see you on Thursday, but I won't have nice clothes, I'll probably be in my scrubs and look terrible." I found myself laughing.

"It doesn't matter, all I want is to spend time with you. Besides, no matter what you will look beautiful to me," he confessed making me blush.

"You need to stop buttering me up, Mr Mortimer. I'm already finding it hard with you helping and paying so much for me so don't push your luck." I warned with a playful edge to my voice.

"Don't worry Doctor, I'll play my cards right. And I do not want you to think this is too much for you. In fact, it is the opposite, all that I am doing is not enough."

I went silent and fiddled with the rim of my top, my gaze shifting from my hand to Aj.

"Also while I have you on the phone, my stitches may or may not have gone bust. Not all of them but the skin around it is very sore and red."

My doctor brain came on as I listened carefully to what he was telling me.

"I would have thought your stitches would have been removed by now." I voice my confusion.

"Well... I couldn't wait and two days after I came back home I broke them open again so Doc Sal had to do them again, and then I strained myself a little too much earlier and now they are bothering me."

I sighed and said something that I was sure I was going to regret later.

"Come over and I'll see what I can do."

We hung up the phone and I ran a hand in my hair.

I am going mad, this man is making me mad.

I got up from my chair and continued cooking a little before I looked at the time and saw that Damon was arriving soon. I walked to Aj and sat down next to him. He looked at me and handed me a car without a word.

I smiled and brushed a few strands of hair out of his eyes.

"Aj, baba, someone is coming over soon." I started.

"Is Auntie Mia?" he questioned his brown eyes staring into my blue ones.

"No baba. A man is coming over, Mummy is going to help him." I continued to explain to him.

"Is he sick?" he tilted his head.

"Yes and no. He hurt himself so I have to help him, like when you fall over I get you all better." I explained to him.

His little eyes glowing as he scooted over to me.

"Are you going to kiss him all better?"

I was stunned by my three year old's words. The thought of ever kissing Damon made my cheeks heat up furiously.

"I don't know baby, big boys don't need to be kissed better." I tried to bring my blush down.

"But I a big boy and I get kisses." Aj rolled his car on my thigh, his attention diverting back to what he loves, his cars.

I didn't have time to answer him that the buzzer went off. I let Damon in the building and waited for him to come up. The knocking on the door made my heart beat pick up. I ran to the door and opened it a little out of breath.

Damon stepped in and took his jacket off.

"Hey buddy, I'm Damon," he called over to Aj who had walked into the room where we were.

Aj lifted his head, gave Damon a one over and simply walked off unimpressed.

"Sorry about Aj, he's not very good with strangers. I'm surprised he hasn't started screaming his lungs off." I felt a little embarrassed by my son.

Damon stood up from his kneeling position and just smiled at me and shook his head.

"It's no problem. If I were him I wouldn't let a strange man anywhere near my beautiful mum. It's his way of showing me that I need to keep my distances." he chuckled lowly to which I couldn't help myself to join.

I sat Damon at the kitchen table and placed all my things on the table and washed my hands before sitting down in front of him.

"Take your shirt off," I ordered ripping open the gauze packets.

"I thought you would have waited until we knew ourselves a little better or at least after our first date. But ok." he joked and lifted his black t-shirt over his head revealing what I could have only dreamed off.

I tried not to look too hard to his well-defined chest, abdominal and lower.

I took a deep breath and started to look at what I was dealing with, my hand touching his warm chest, his heartbeat thumping through my fingertips.

"Good thing is the stitches didn't jump but you have tugged on them a little. I would advise keeping still or not doing whatever you did to make them tug. So no working out, no sex, to heavy lifting and no killing anyone." I finished cleaning the wound.

"I can follow each one except killing people." I looked at him shocked and sat back out of reflex.

"I'm joking Emrys." he placed his large hand over my knee in a reassuring manner.

Aj walked back in interrupting the tension and growing silence. I made his way to me and handed me his green car that worked with friction.

"No work, fix please mama." He shoved the car in my leg.

He only called me mama when he was tired, when he wanted something, or when something was not going his way. In this case, it was the last two.

I picked the car up and flipped it on it's back and started working the mechanics of the toy. When I got it fixed I gave it back to Aj who thanked me. Before he walked back out he saw that Damon was still shirtless and that is not the image I want my son to have of me with a man.

"Mama you kiss him better?" he fluttered his eyelashes to me.

I looked up to Damon who had an amused look on his face as he leaned forward on his chair.

"What is that about a kiss, buddy?" Damon came to eye level with Aj which he didn't like much but didn't move and stood his gaze.

"Mama kisses my boo-boos better. Even if I a big boy I get magic kisses." Aj explained keeping his eyes on Damon.

I had never seen him keep eye contact with someone he didn't know for that long.

"Do you think I can get a magic kiss from your mama to make me feel better?" Damon questioned back to my son while glancing at me.

"Ye, mama makes everything better," Aj confessed, his focus going back onto his green car.

I was really flattered that my son thought that I made everything better but not necessarily in this situation.

Damon was smirking my way, the hazel in his eyes a little brighter than before.

"Mama kiss him." Aj snapped patting my arm to make me do it.

"It's ok Belle, you don't have to, just your presence makes me feel better." Damon sat back and smiled tenderly towards me.

"NO!" Aj shouted and threw his car to the ground.

He pushed Damon's leg a couple times to show that he was not happy.

I got off my chair and knelt to the ground and took a thrashing Aj into my arms to stop him from hurting himself or others around him.

"Aj, shhh. It's ok. Calm down, baby. It's ok." I cooed in his ear, his breathing started to calm down.

Damon joined us on the floor since I ended up sitting with Aj between my legs.

I was expecting for Damon to run off when Aj started his tantrum, anything can set him off and he was getting really upset that Damon was not 'fixed' fully with my magic kiss. But Damon stayed and tried to help me calm Aj down.

"Hey buddy, if your mama kisses me on the cheek would that work to make me feel better?" Damon spoke softly to Aj who looked up at him and nodded between his laboured breaths.

"Is that alright with you Belle?" I just nodded my head, my brain not functioning because my son was upset and I just wanted him to be happy again.

Damon scooted closer to me and soon we were face to face, only a few inches separating us. I leaned over and place a soft kiss against his cheek.

When I pulled away Aj had calmed down and hung his arms around my neck, his little legs wrapped around my waist.

"I think it's time for you to leave." I just blurted out not able to face Damon anymore.

We both stood up with Aj in my arms. Damon put his shirt back on and his jacket too.

I walked him back to the door, still not quite knowing how to act around him.

"I'll see you next Thursday." I rushed out ready to slam the door in his face when he stopped it with his hand.

"Thank you, Emrys. I'm sorry if I caused too big a stress on Aj tonight," he spoke, sincerity clear in his voice.

"It's fine, you wouldn't know he would react as he did. I didn't know he would either." I gave him a small smile.

We said goodbye one last time before he left for good. I let out a sigh and kissed Aj's head and continued with our normal evening routine.

When I went to bed and laid my head against my pillow, all I could think about was how good it felt to have my lips against Damon's cheek. 

______________________

What did you all think of Aj's attitude towards Damon?

Favourite bit?

Thoughts? Predictions?

This is a really long chapter so I hope you appreciated it!

xoxoxox

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.3K 2.3K 49
Living in Chicago with her career as a doctor just beginning, 23-year-old Eisa Yun has a bright future ahead of her. That is until her father's unpai...
2.5M 69.2K 73
𝐃𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐞 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤 . The woman who after a rough past fought her own way to success. A respected and well-known trauma surgeon. What everyon...
350K 7.7K 75
• BOOK 1 OF THE ESZTAR SERIES • Reaching upstairs, he hurled me inside his room and closed the door harshly. I stood there shaking with fear. He look...
511K 14.6K 44
Serenity [Sir-ren-ity] : The state of being calm, peaceful, and untroubled. Chaos [Kay-os] : Complete disorder and confusion. ♕♕♕ With being the Do...