Jealousy Makes You Nasty

By Sammipott

Charlotte was always content not being a stereotypical popular girl, and thank god she had friends who would... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 36.5
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Bonus Christmas Chapter
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 59.5
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Epilogue
Two Spin-Offs, A Standalone & An All-New Series!! (Revised)
Bonus Chapter
Bonus Chapter: Insecure
Olivia Flashback "That was one time!"
Summer Moments: Paint
Summer Moment: The Zoo
Forever Mine (Hayes Parents Story) Happening!!

Chapter 37

94.5K 3K 549
By Sammipott

Don't forget to like & leave a comment! I love to hear from you all!

|| ** || ** ||

"Okay, who spiked the adult's punch bowl?" I yelled, glaring at the adults standing outside on the patio of our house.

My mom and some her friends look around innocently and my father shrugs his shoulders telling me that one of us teenagers was more likely to do it. Have you met your wife, old man?

I roll my eyes and stare pointedly at my mom mouthing the words 'Shame' at her, I turn away and walking back into our crowded house, thankfully the kitchen was empty and we hadn't brought out the punch bowl yet.

Quinn is standing next to the punch bowl, writing 'Adults Only' in sharpie on a piece of paper and sticking it onto the bowl, before carrying it in my direction; passing me to put it on the patio where the parents are going to be for the night.

"Char! Someone ate all the KitKats!" Maddie runs over to me, hysterical. God, if only my greatest trouble in life was not enough chocolate.

"Mads we have tons of chocolate in the kitchen, why don't you go grab a couple and hide them for later?" I tell her crouching in front of her, stroking her hair gently. She nods her head quickly and turns around, running away before I can get another word out.

The living room has been rearranged to fit all our guests. Olivia and Aidan were tasked to keep the twins busy for the afternoon, so they decided to go on a double date for the first time. I can't wait to hear how that went.

Since I was the one who came up with the idea of this surprise party; my parents wanted no pressure in planning it so they left it up to me.

"Char, where do you want this table?" Harry walks over, gesturing to the table that a couple of his friends are standing in front of. When I had asked Harry to come he tortured me until I agreed that he could bring a few of his friends in return. It's not like it's his siblings or anything...

"Just put it outside for now," I wave them outside, and shuffle through the house making sure everything was set up properly. Tessa and the friends she had invited were standing around throwing balloons at each other, laughing and joking around.

Courtney was standing by the door watching out for Aidan's car that was bound to show up at any minute since Olivia texted us.

People were milling about around the house with strict instructions to shut up as soon as Courtney told them to. Cole stood with all of Sebastian's friends holding a bunch of silly string, ready to attack. Nathan wasn't here yet, he had texted a while ago that he got held up and would be running a few minutes late. His parents were already here, though, Katherine being one of my mom's friends that probably (definitely) spiked their punch bowl like a bunch of teenagers.

Lily and the other cheerleaders were all dressed up for this casual party and they all stood out completely. I had asked Lily last week if she would beg Georgie to come because I think it would be great for Harry and Georgie to see each other again, and she promised she would do her best to get her here. Georgie hadn't shown up yet but Lily told me she wanted to show up fashionably late, as per usual Georgie.

The door opens and a lot of people panic looking over at the front door, making sure it's not the twins and we had all missed it. Courtney was shushing everyone telling them it's just another guest coming in.

My heart sinks a little when I see Summer Price walk in with a bright smile on her face, holding onto Nathan's arm. Courtney looks a little shocked but she raises her eyebrow subtly and waves them in. My eyes widen as he starts to look around the room and I duck behind a corner, running back into the kitchen.

Quinn jumps and looks over to me, holding two cups in her hands, startled, "What are you doing?"

"He brought Summer Price here," I groan covering my face with my hands. Over the past couple of weeks that we had been together, Summer hadn't been around as much. I never questioned it, I just left it as is, but I never invited her here and now she's here, in my house.

"Seriously?" She runs over to the kitchen door and peeks around it, searching for them. "Oh, my god, did he ask you if she could come at least?"

"If he had asked me earlier, do you think I would be hiding in the kitchen?" I whisper-yell at her.

"Fair enough," she concedes with a nod still looking around the corner. She suddenly flings herself against the wall away from the corner, she looks at me with wide eyes, "I think he just caught me spying, they're coming this way, run!"

I run back outside not looking at any of the adults having their own party and walk quickly along the path that leads back to the front door, were Courtney is standing by with a frown on her face. She races down the front steps meeting me halfway.

"Nathan brought Summer here," she informs me in one breath.

"I know, I just escaped outside before they could find me," I tell her with a little laugh, thinking of how this situation is.

"Why didn't you just hide in your room?" She questions me.

"Because... I didn't think of that," I reply.

"Well don't be a chicken, this is your house, you are in control. Just kick her out," Courtney brushes off my shoulders and pushes me back to the front door.

"But I don't wanna be mature, can't I just hide from social interaction for a few more minutes... or hours?" I ask in a whine.

She stares at me with a blank look, "Go. Now." I huff and walk back into the house with a pout on my face.

People greet me as I walk through the house and I smile back and stop a few times to chat with a few of them.

I'm talking to Lia, Sophie's best friend when I feel an arm snake around my waist and lips touch my temple in a kiss. "Hey babe," Nathan greets and I say goodbye to Lia and turn around still in his hold.

"Hello," I reply with a small smile on my face. Summer stands behind him and my smile fades away, "Hello, Summer."

"Hey Charlotte, thank you for inviting me on such short notice, Nathan had to practically drag me here," she replies with a bright smile on her face, knowing I had no intention of inviting her anywhere near me.

"Drag you?" I ask turning my attention towards Nathan and smiling sarcastically, "You sound so tortured."

If he can tell I'm being sarcastic, he doesn't comment on it. "It wasn't like that, I just thought she should come, since she's one of my closest friends, I think it's time you two get to know each other more," he replies with a relaxed face. I already know her, and I'm not going to be inviting her over for sleepovers any time soon.

"Oh, please, you were begging me to come," Summer giggles, pushing his arm, causing that arm to drop from around me. Can I kill her now?

"It wasn't begging, it was gentle persuasion," he chuckles pushing her back. Oh god, this is torture.

"I swear, he acts like he never sees me, I'm literally at his house all the time! Our families are doing Thanksgiving together this year, so our moms have been meeting up at each other's houses to plan for next week," she tells me with an excited grin.

"That's great!" I reply, not knowing what else to say. Would fuck you be too rude?

I'm flying to New York to spend Thanksgiving with my mom's side of the family. My grandparents on my father's side go to my Aunt Ingrid's house for Thanksgiving every year and we only really spend time with them on Christmas Eve and Christmas is spent with just the eight of us together.

"Well, have fun, we'll catch up later. I better do one last walk around before the twins get here-," Nathan looks at me in confusion as I point my thumb behind me and turn away swiftly, walking in the opposite direction not waiting for an answer.

I walk up to Courtney, who is standing at the snack table, and at this point looks like she's regretting volunteering as the lookout.

"Hey, I thought you were watching the door. Do you know when they're-,"

"SURPRISE!" Everyone shouts before I can even finish my sentence. I whip my head behind me at the door and see Sebastian and Sophie with complete shock on their faces. Sebastian throws his hands in the air and everyone cheers around them.

I glare back at Courtney the moment she shoves a mini hotdog in her mouth with a sheepish expression as she shrugs half-heartedly, "Whoops."

|| ** || ** ||

Update as promised!

I hope everyone has a great week and Happy Halloween!

I really hope you enjoyed this chapter. Let me know what you thought!

Have a great Monday,

Sammipott xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.2K 401 11
Kate Penate just found out her crush is dating her best friend and for some reason she just can't get over him. In order to save her friendship and h...
128K 4.4K 28
Tiffany Veyne is an ordinary girl (well she thinks she is). Good grades, she doesn't like school that much, but there is something she does not know...
370K 6.4K 31
"Your really are the biggest pain in my ass." "I'm glad you've given me such an amazing roll being down that end. Wouldn't want to be a pain in your...
368K 17.2K 35
Tessa Hayes has always had to live in the shadows of her older siblings. Now that they're out of the house and off to college she's free to act out a...