~ Our Story ~ (In those 19 y...

By LilyyLunaaPotterr

Harry's having a hard time after losing loads of friends in the Battle of Hogwarts. Luckily he has a group of... More

An A/N
Our Story
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
AN IMPORTANT A/N and part of a chapter (PLEASE READ!)
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
SNAPE ✌️
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
A little notice :(
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Very important for the storyline! Please read!
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92

Chapter 54

1.8K 56 11
By LilyyLunaaPotterr

Chapter 54: Death Eater problems

Third Persons View:

Over the past two weeks, Harry has been really busy with the training and visiting the Manor.

At the beginning of the first week, he had managed to convince Ginny to come along with him and so they went to visit. It had been a little hard for Harry but as Ginny was with him, he pulled himself together quick enough and they walked though the 'house'. Secretly they could both picture themselves together, raising Teddy and maybe other children in the Manor.

Harry and Ginny had also already been talking about the wedding, their wedding to be precise. Both of them were very excited but also had other ideas. Before they had come to decide the date, Ron had desperately needed Harry so he had to leave Ginny.

At the end of the two weeks, Harry and his working partner, Dave Thewlis, had received a piece of parchment about their trip. Harry was surprised, and not exactly in a good way, after he had seen that their trip would take a few months. They would be staying in Wales, in a place where a few Death Eaters had been sighted, and they had been given the task to keep an eye on the sightings and to document strange/remarkable things in a logbook.

Harry had been even more disappointed when he found out that Ron would be staying in a different part of the country. He knew he couldn't expect to be with Ron his whole life but it still wasn't a great thought, not seeing his friends and family for a long time.

When Robards announced that they would be leaving in two weeks time and that they wouldn't have any training until then, Harry made sure to spend as much time with Teddy and Ginny as he could. Kreacher had also offered to help Harry clean the Manor so that's what Harry did when Ginny was at training and Teddy was visiting Andromeda.

Molly was also pleased when Harry and Ron came to visit for the whole day. She spoiled them and made them promise to look after themselves during the trip.

Just before leaving, Harry found Sirius's two way mirror (which Aberforth had given back to him) and gave it to Ginny so they would be able to keep in contact.

The day before their departure, Ginny persuaded Gwenog to let her off for the day so she could spend it with Harry. After begging and telling Gwen about how she wouldn't be seeing him for months, Gwen finally gave in and gave Ginny the day off.

They decided to go and discover the Manor even more. They found the big ballroom and started dancing, which ended with them both lying on the floor, unable to stop laughing.

Ginny had asked her parents if she could stay at Grimmauld Place for the night so she could see Harry and Ron off in the morning. Molly and Arthur saw the hurt in her eyes and let her go. Harry and Ginny made sure to remember the night before they wouldn't be seeing each other for at least three months.

Harry and the other inhabitants of Grimmauld Place awoke early to (in Harry and Ron's case) get ready for the trip and to (in Ginny, Erin and Hermione's case) say goodbye.

After one last goodbye, Harry and Ron left the three young woman, all standing there with tears in their eyes, for three whole months.

It was hard on everyone but especially on Teddy because he had started to get used to seeing his godfather so often that he couldn't understand why his "Hawwy" didn't come to say hello, compliment him with sweet words and tell him bedtime stories every night.

Harry's POV:

It's been almost a month already since Dave and I arrived here. It's been cold but we didn't want to risk putting a warming charm around the tent, too afraid that the Death Eaters might notice a trace of that kind of magic. We did put a Concealing Charm around the tent like Hermione and I did during our hunt for Horcruxes but it's undetectable. We also have a batch of Polyjuice Potion ready for if we need to disguise ourselves in a moment of need.

I've had a chat about three times with Ginny since I got here and each time I realise how much I miss her. I know that if/when I become a real Auror, I'll have to go on missions like this too but it's still different. Because of Ginny's training and her being tired afterwards, it's been hard to find a time we're both available. Dave and I are out a lot too but that's usually during the night.

"Harry, dinner's ready," Dave calls from outside.

"Coming," I reply, standing up and opening the tent flap.

"Tomorrow it's your turn to cook," Dave says when we've finished dinner.

"Fine," I say, not unkindly.

Molly had given me a book with some meals we can make with ingredients like mushrooms and all those kind of things. I don't really like mushrooms but it's the best we can find around here.

"Will you do the logbook for today or shall I do it?" I ask Dave.

"I'll do it," Dave smiles.

"Are you sure? I don't mind doing it," I say, collecting our plates.

"Don't worry, if you wash the dishes I'll do the logbook," Dave says kindly.

"Ok, thank you. Don't forget to write that we saw-" I remind him before he cuts me off.

"I know, don't worry," Dave winks at me and fetches the book and a quill.

Everything we write gets sent to the Ministry as soon as we 'send' it. From what they then know, they can decide when we come home and what we have to do next but at the moment, Dave and I are far from going home. It has nothing to do with us, or at least that's what Robards wrote to us, but with the location.

I'm really missing Teddy and Ginny (and the rest of course) but I know they're probably missing me too.

*

Days, weeks even, pass and we're finally getting in luck. Fires suddenly start in houses, without any cause and, under a dose of Polyjuice Potion, Dave and I went to investigate.

One of the women whose house was fully burnt down, was really upset and even hysterical. Other investigators said it was a gas leak but she said she didn't even use gas. After looking around Dave and I both knew that it was fire caused by a wizard, most likely a Death Eater.

We wrote everything down what we suspected and Robards said that we were getting closer to going home.

I have no idea what the date is so I'm guessing it's somewhere in the beginning of December.

Robards has given us the task to find out where the Death Eaters hideout is. When we've found it and reported it, we can go home.

The only problem is that it's not as easy as it sounds. We first had to find a Death Eater to trail after, which already took about a week to find, but one of us almost gave us away by making a noise. The Death Eater noticed so we immediately cut the trip off and returned to our tent. We didn't want to be caught again.

We decided to wait a week until we would try again so it wouldn't look suspicious to them. We're guessing the Death Eater told his pals so we have to be really careful this time.

Dave and I stay awake the whole night, coming up with alternative plans for if one of us (or we both) gets in a tricky situation. One of our plans is to alarm the Aurors but that is our last resort. I also decide to tell Dave about my Animagus form because I think he deserves to know, especially in a situation like this.

We decide that should one of us get caught that the other one returns to the tent and thinks of a new plan. I hadn't really liked the plan but I finally gave in. Dave and I agree on a code word for if one of us gets in trouble and the other one has to get away.

After trying really hard, we adjusted the compass we have to find the other. I hope we won't need it.

So in the night, we follow a Death Eater who had just caused some chaos. I'm under my cloak and Dave has a Disillusionment Charm over him but because I'm behind him, I can see his footsteps in the thin layer of snow and I wipe them away behind us.

We follow the Death Eater through a dark winding road with lots of trees. The Death Eater looks around one more time, seems to be counting the trees (I copy him) and then slips through the eleventh and twelfth tree from a brick on the floor. We finally end up in front of a dark shack, in between loads of trees.

We quietly enter the shack but there's only one problem now. I can't see Dave anymore. I feel in my pocket for the compass but realise that I left it in the tent. I curse myself for being so stupid but I can't leave now.

I try to find my way around but I suddenly hear shouting and I hear an alarm going off.

"MERLIN!" I hear Dave shout.

Bloody hell! I try to get out but apparently they put an Anti-Apparating Charm on the building. I hear loads of footsteps on their way upstairs so I grab my chance to leave as quickly as possible.

When I'm beyond the Anti-Apparating border, I Apparate back to the tent and think of a plan.

I don't sleep at all, for the second night in a row, and make sure to pocket the compass. I feel so bad right now for not offering to go first, that I hardly eat or drink anything.

I'm going back tonight. It's the first thing I decide before doing anything else.

I wait for the sun to go down and the second it's dark, I leave the tent. I drew the way to the shack this morning and made sure to memorise it.

I quietly count the trees and slip through the eleventh and twelfth. I try to walk without making any sound whilst under the Invisibility Cloak.

Before entering the shack, I take the compass and it leads me inside.

I keep following the directions it's giving me and I finally get to a corridor which is being guarded by three Death Eaters, one of them has a bunch of keys.

It kills me to do so but I put the Imperius Curse on all three of them and let the one with the keys open the door. A system in the door scans the Dark Mark on his arm and the door opens.

I run to the open door and release Dave from the chains. I give him a quick hug because I'm happy they didn't kill him.

"Come on," I whisper.

I tell the Death Eaters to tell their chief, when he/she realises that their prisoner is gone, that they set him free and that they don't remember me or what happened. I feel bad implanting a false memory but it's for our own safety. I take Dave's wand from the second Death Eater and hand it back to him.

We leave them and quietly exit the shack. I was tired before but I'm really relieved right now.

We Apparate back to the tent and I make a cup of tea for the both of us.

"I feel really bad for letting you go first. I should have offered to enter the shack first and then you wouldn't have gotten captured," I say, feeling really guilty.

"I'm alright now, we're safe, that's what it's about," Dave says, taking a sip of his tea.

"Still, I should have stayed last night," I protest.

"No, you shouldn't have. We agreed that if one of us said the code word, the other one would leave immediately. Besides, what would have happened if you had gotten captured too? You got me out because you left. If you had gotten captured, no one would have been able to save you and I don't think I would have been able to save you like you saved me. So thank you," Dave thanks with watery eyes.

"I-" I start but he cuts me off.

"You saved my life. You look tired so if I were you, I would go to sleep now. I'll do the logbook and hopefully we'll be able to go home tomorrow," Dave says kindly.

"Thank you," I say gratefully.

I get into my sleeping bag and close my eyes.

"Oh Harry, before you go to sleep, can you tell me where the shack was? I can't remember," Dave asks.

"In between the eleventh and twelfth tree from the small brick on the right side of the path," I reply sleepily.

"See, I wouldn't have known, but thanks and sleep well," Dave says.

I close my eyes but I awake a while afterwards because of a nightmare. They keep returning since we left so I think I'll be extremely tired when I arrive home.

I unzip my sleeping bag and go outside to see if it's light yet.

The sun has only started to rise so it can't be really late yet.

I turn into my Animagus form and take a stroll. It clears my mind from everything that has happened the past months.

I enjoy the woods with the thin layer of snow laying on the leaves and branches but as soon as the sun has risen, I return to the tent and change back to my human form again.

When Dave sees me, he looks happy.

"I was worried where you were! I'm glad you're back again because I just received a letter from Robards, we're going home today," Dave smiles.

"Let's get packing!" I say, walking inside and putting all my belongings in my rucksack.

Late in the afternoon after lots of breaks and double checking everything, we finish packing and we hold each other's hand, ready to Apparate.

We arrive at the Ministry and return the tent and the logbook. Robards congratulates us and tells us that we will receive a letter to tell us about how well we did and when we have to return.

"Well, it was good working with you," Dave says, shaking my hand.

"Yes, it was good working with you too. See you soon," I smile.

"Bye," Dave greets and he Disapparates.

I decide to go straight to The Burrow without passing Grimmauld Place. I Apparate and feel the lovely fresh air.

I walk the last bit but the door opens and Ginny comes running towards me. She embraces me and keeps her head buried in my cloak.

"We were so worried! Ron returned weeks ago and you didn't reply when I tried to start a conversation with you through the mirror! Robards wouldn't tell us anything except that you had to deal with Death Eaters! I was so bloody worried!" Ginny cries, tears staining my cloak.

"I'm so sorry," I whisper.

"Oh and Merry Christmas," Ginny smiles, pressing her lips against mine.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9K 119 17
Olivia and Harry Potter's second year at Hogwarts had been one heck of a ride. Learning more about themselves than ever before, and the many up and d...
65.7K 1.5K 32
How do Harry and his friends cope after the Battle of Hogwarts? What becomes of Teddy Lupin, the orphaned godson of Harry Potter? This is my version...
11.7K 204 16
The lives of Remus Lupin and Nymphadora Tonks suddenly ended, on the same night. Their son, Teddy, wasn't even 1 month old. After the battle of Hogwa...
4K 110 17
Harry James Potter and his twin sister Olivia Jane Potter, discovered an amazing secret about themselves last year. They were actually a witch and a...