~ Our Story ~ (In those 19 y...

Av LilyyLunaaPotterr

Harry's having a hard time after losing loads of friends in the Battle of Hogwarts. Luckily he has a group of... Mer

An A/N
Our Story
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
AN IMPORTANT A/N and part of a chapter (PLEASE READ!)
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
SNAPE ✌️
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
A little notice :(
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Very important for the storyline! Please read!
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92

Chapter 52

1.8K 58 49
Av LilyyLunaaPotterr

Chapter 52: The Proposal

Ginny's POV:

When I wake up, I realise quick enough that it isn't a normal day. I try and think why and soon enough I remember that it's my birthday today. I've been quite excited for the past few days.

I look at my alarm clock and see that it's already nine o'clock. I also feel, seeing the amount of space I now have, that Harry has already gone downstairs.

I decide to wait a while before going downstairs, so I get a book from the shelf and start reading it.

By the time I'm at chapter 10, the bedroom door opens and reveals Harry. He has a smile on his face and when he reaches me, he gives me a short kiss.

"Happy Birthday Gin," he says, tapping my nose.

"Thanks Harry," I thank, kissing him back.

"We're ready for you downstairs if you like," he smiles, taking my hand. That's really become our thing now, holding each other's hand everywhere we go.

"Oh I'm ready," I laugh, giving him one last kiss on his cheek.

We slowly walk downstairs, to where the whole family plus Erin, Fleur, Victoire and Teddy are waiting for us. They, including Harry, start singing 'Happy Birthday' for me, to which I start blushing.

When they finish, I thank them, and when I notice that my brother, whom I haven't seen since Christmas, has also joined, I let go of Harry's hand and give him a hug.

"Good to see you too," Charlie whispers while embracing me.

I smile and hug the rest of them, all thanking them separately.

"And now breakfast," Dad says, taking a seat at the table. We all follow his example and start eating.

During breakfast, Mum tells us, but the information is especially aimed at me, today's plans. The guests will be arriving around noon and most of them will be gone by dinner time. She also promises that we'll do the presents after breakfast.

Charlie tells us lots about his dragons and he also mentions that Norberta is doing very well and is now also a proud mother.

"Don't forget to tell Hagrid that. He'll be coming too," Mum informs.

"Really!? I've been trying to find some time to go and visit him but because of Auror training, all the birthdays and trying to get things round with the mansion, I haven't really found any time to," Harry says, taken by surprise.

"Hagrid'll understand!" I tell Harry cheerfully, finishing my breakfast.

"I hope so," Harry smiles.

"Well, now Ginny's finished, we can give her presents," Ron says impatiently but also smiling.

"We know Ron, calm down," Hermione laughs, pulling Ron down to his seat again.

"Well, we 'ope you like our gift Ginny. Eet was Bill 'oo found eet but I theenk you'll like eet too," Fleur smiles, handing me a beautifully wrapped gift.

"Thank you," I say while carefully unwrapping it. I smile when I see a perfume bottle with the ingredients in French.

"Thank you Bill and Fleur. And you too Victoire," I add, tickling my goddaughter under her chin, to which she giggles.

"You're welcome Ginny," Bill says with a wink.

"Now it's our turn!" Ron exclaims, giving me a gift, not as neatly wrapped as Fleur's.

I unwrap it and find loads of different pairs of socks. I giggle at the sight of all these flashing socks but I burst out laughing when I see a pair with Harry's head on them. Harry turns a little red but laughs too. I thank both Ron and Hermione.

We carry on until everyone has given me a gift except Mum and Dad.

"We wanted to give our only daughter something special, something she wouldn't forget," Mum says, handing me a book-like package.

"It took us a long time but it was worth it and we hope you like it too," Dad adds, smiling.

I open in to find a book called: 'The first 19 years of my life' with a picture of me as a baby. I smile but as I look through the book, I can't help but let a few tears of joy escape from my eyes. All these pictures from when I was little make me realise how different life was then and how happy I am now. Mum and Dad have also written a few things by a certain amount of pictures.

"We hoped you'd like it," Mum says, now also crying.

"I love it, thank you so incredibly much," I reply, putting the book down and giving them both a big hug.

I wipe away my tears and laugh when I see Harry looking strangely at one of the pictures. It's one of when I was about four or five and I was running around in the rain, wearing nothing but pink underwear.

"Thank you all so much for the gifts," I thank everyone.

When everyone starts doing their own things, I hurry up the stairs to get changed. I put on my special emerald dress, which I absolutely adore, and put my hair in a messy bun. I also put on some sun cream because I'm sure I'll forget when we go outside later on.

"I love that dress!" Erin compliments, when I bump into her on the stairs.

"Thank you Erin," I thank her, smiling.

"You're welcome. I'm going to put on something else too. It's already warm and here I am, wearing jeans and a cardigan," Erin laughs at herself, passing me and opening the door to the guest room.

Harry's eyes widen when I enter the room. I take the seat next to him and he, almost immediately, puts his arm around my shoulder. I lean my head on his shoulder in return, just like I usually do.

"You look amazing," Harry whispers, looking at me. I turn a little red and thank him.

"Can I- um- do you want anything to drink?" Ron asks, interrupting our moment.

"How kind of you to ask," I say, teasing him.

"Mum sent me to ask you," Ron quickly admits.

"That explains it! Just some water then please," I say laughing and a little politely, not knowing why. After all, he is just one of my brothers. But it is good to stay on good terms with him, it's better than fighting.

"Nah, I'm fine thanks," Harry says, not unkindly.

Ron quickly returns with the water and then leaves again. I'm really wondering who's actually going to be coming but I don't dare to ask Mum, now she's so busy in the kitchen. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Soon enough, noon arrives, and Luna, together with her boyfriend Rolf, arrives. They both congratulate me and Luna hands me a gift. I open it and laugh when I see a pair of earrings, not unlike her own radish ones.

"Thank you Luna, and you too Rolf," I give her a hug.

"You're welcome Ginny, it helps keep away the Nargles," Luna beams.

We walk outside, where a smaller tent has been set up so the food is protected from the sun. George and Ron are already fully enjoying the sun so I leave them to it.

It doesn't take long until most of the DA members, excluding the ones Mum and probably Harry didn't invite, have arrived. I greet them all and thank them for the gifts. Apparently Dean was invited  too but he told me that he knows I'm happy with Harry and that he's glad that I'm happy. Soon enough, I've already started a conversation with Padma about Quidditch and her Healer training. I also tell her about Harry, who is doing so incredibly well with his training that he's been accepted into his next year of training, as one of the best from their group.

"No surprises there though! After all the DA meetings, you wouldn't say he isn't experienced," Padma says to which Parvati agrees.

"I know, Harry's been working hard and- " I say before Harry interrupts me.

"Talking about me are you?"

"Just telling them about how well you're doing at the Ministry," I assure him, to which he smiles.

"Oh fine, I'll leave you three to it then," Harry says, leaving again.

By the time everyone has arrives, Mum brings out the cake and everyone starts singing again. If I wasn't blushing enough when everyone was singing, I sure was when I couldn't manage to blow out all the candles.

Everyone cheers by the time I do manage and Harry also hands me Teddy so he can get us a slice of cake and a drink.

"Are you liking it Ted?" I ask him.

"Yup," Teddy replies, looking around.

"You can walk a little when there are less people, just not now," I tell him, knowing he likes to run or crawl around all the time.

"Ah Ginny, 'Appy Birthday ter yeh," Hagrid says, taking a bite of the cake.

"Thanks Hagrid! How's everything going at Hogwarts?" I ask him, still waiting for Harry to return with the cake.

"Good! I'm guessing the third years 're likin' me lessons, 'cause they're always askin' me tear show 'em more," Hagrid tells me, smiling.

"That's great!" I say, truly happy for Hagrid.

"Hey Hagrid! It's good to see you!" Harry says while joining us and giving me my cake. I put Teddy on a chair but I don't think he'll stay there very long.

" 'Ey 'Arry, good ter see yeh too," Hagrid says happily.

"I was just telling Charlie that he still has to tell you something," Harry tells Hagrid, looking at Charlie, who's also enjoying his cake.

"Well, I'm 'ready curious 'bout what he has ter say," Hagrid looks excited.

We have quite an interesting conversation until I realise that Teddy's gone. I quickly leave Harry and Hagrid to find him.

After searching everywhere outside, I make my way to the house until I see Luna holding him.

"I think you lost someone," Luna says, tickling Teddy.

"Thank you Luna, I was already a little worried," I say, letting out a breath.

"Don't worry, he's fine now, I found him while looking at your Gnomes," Luna explains, handing Teddy to me again.

"Anyway, thank you," I say, as we both turn in a different direction.

"Edward, please don't go wondering again," I tell Teddy sternly, hoping he realises what he did wasn't acceptable.

Teddy looks at me as if he's about to cry. I embrace him and whisper, "I was just worried, you gave me quite a scare. I don't want to lose you."

"Kay," Teddy whispers back.

"Thank you Teddy. Do you want to see Grandma?" I ask him, spotting Andromeda.

He nods so I make my way over to Andromeda.

"So Ginny, how have you been?" she asks when I take the seat next to her.

"Fine! Training has been hard work but I enjoy Quidditch so I don't mind as much. What about you?" I ask her.

"Not too bad. I'm excited for Teddy to come again but I know he really enjoys being here," Andromeda says, smiling at both me and Teddy.

"Please just tell us if you want to see him more often, we don't mind!" I quickly say, feeling a little bad.

"No, don't worry, really. Besides, I don't want him to-- never mind," Andromeda looks at the ground.

"It'll be fine! I'll leave Teddy here with you if you don't mind. He may be a little tired because he didn't want his afternoon nap," I inform her, standing up and placing Teddy on my seat.

"Thank you Ginny. You're such a beautiful young woman and I don't think I'll ever meet someone else like that," Andromeda compliments.

"Thank you," I say, giving her a hug.

"You're welcome, now off you go, you don't want to spend your birthday chatting with an old lady," Andromeda jokes.

I laugh and leave her. I decide join a group of people, with whom I immediately start a conversation again.

Soon enough, most of the people thank me for the great day and start to leave. The sun is already going down and it's a beautiful sight. I sigh and join the little group of people who are left. Hagrid says his goodbyes and then also leaves.

"Do you care to take a walk?" Harry asks, looking at me.

"Sure," I say, accepting his offer and taking his hand.

We walk for a while until we reach the bench, at the end of the forest.

Harry sits down and I follow his example. Together we sit there in silence, enjoying the sunset. The colours are just so amazing. The dark and light blue, mixing with the orange and red. I could sit here for ages but unfortunately, sunsets usually fade into darkness rather quickly.

"It's so beautiful," I say, breaking the silence.

"I know. And so are you," Harry says smiling.

"Thank you," I thank him for the hundredth time today.

"You're welcome," Harry says, fiddling with his thumbs nervously.

When we get up to leave, something happens. Something I've been dreaming of since Mum started reading stories about The-Boy-Who-Lived. Harry gets on one knee and utterly surprises me. I cover my mouth with my hands in shock.

"Ginny Weasley, I know it took me a long time to realise I had feelings for you. Of course, Ron being your brother and my best friend, didn't help. Hermione, however, encouraged me and I remember her saying that you had gotten over me. I was a little hurt and jealous when you started dating Dean but I'm not anymore. You have helped me see not just the dark but also the light in this world. I'm a happy man right now but would you make me even happier by becoming my wife?"

I feel tears leaking from my eyes but I don't care, not at the moment. I just keep nodding until I've finally found my voice again.

"Yes!"

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

81.4K 767 53
After the War there's cry, after the War there's pain, after the War there's distruction, but after the War there's also hope, there's love, there's...
4K 110 17
Harry James Potter and his twin sister Olivia Jane Potter, discovered an amazing secret about themselves last year. They were actually a witch and a...
128 16 1
"Christmas was my favourite time of the year, but it was also the hardest. I thought about Dad constantly, and how much I ached for him to be with us...
3.9K 119 17
Olivia and Harry Potter's second year at Hogwarts had been one heck of a ride. Learning more about themselves than ever before, and the many up and d...