~ Our Story ~ (In those 19 y...

By LilyyLunaaPotterr

Harry's having a hard time after losing loads of friends in the Battle of Hogwarts. Luckily he has a group of... More

An A/N
Our Story
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
AN IMPORTANT A/N and part of a chapter (PLEASE READ!)
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
SNAPE ✌️
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
A little notice :(
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Very important for the storyline! Please read!
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92

Chapter 51

1.8K 55 74
By LilyyLunaaPotterr

Chapter 51: Harry's last heirloom

I decided to tell Mum, Dad, Sirius, Molly and Arthur about my Animagus. I thought Molly and Arthur deserved to know after all they've done for me. They were all very proud but nobody was any prouder than Dad was.

I am still practicing loads even though it's been more than two months since. After the big task we received to test our abilities, Robards let us have one extra week of holidays so they could discuss the results and let us know after.

Oh yeah, now I remember, it's almost my birthday and everyone is asking what I want for my birthday. I'm happy with my family and friends right now that I don't really have any wishes.

Mum and especially Dad are being quite suspicious and I don't know why. I guess I'll just have to wait until they do tell me.

Teddy is really enjoying my presence and now that he knows that I won't be leaving for a while, he's really happy. I do often pay Neville or Luna visits but I either take him along or I assure him that I won't be gone for long.

Ginny also finished her Quidditch season and the Holyhead Harpies haven't finished in the top three for centuries. They ended up second but only by a few points in the final score. Ginny reckons that they might get first next year if they train even harder.

*

Neville has invited us for his birthday so Ginny and I are still deciding on what to get him. We have ideas but we're going to decide in Diagon Alley this afternoon.

*

When we arrive at Neville's place, we realise that we're the first ones to arrive.

"I thought we were late," Ginny laughs as Neville opens the door.

"So did I!" I agree.

We congratulate Neville on his 20th birthday and proceed to the living room. His gran welcomes us and asks us if we want a drink.

Soon enough, others start to arrive and in no time, it's full with people. Everyone is talking and it's hard to hear each other.

When Neville explains where everything is, people start helping themselves to drinks. Ginny, Luna, Neville, Hannah and I decide to go into the garden to have a proper chat. Hermione, Ron and Erin follow us and we continue with our conversation.

"Well, it was good seeing you and thank you for coming!" Neville says as the sun starts going down.

"Well, enjoy the rest of your birthday and we'll see you tomorrow," Ginny says, giving him a hug.

"Bye!" Neville waves and we Apparate back to The Burrow.

When we arrive, Mrs Weasley and Ginny shoo me upstairs and tell me that I'm not allowed to come back down until tomorrow. I know it's no use trying to protest so I just do as they say.

I already put my pyjamas on but I don't brush my teeth yet, because it's still a little to early.

I'm glad I didn't brush my teeth because after half an hour, Ginny arrives and gives me a cup of tea and some homemade biscuits. I thank her but she says she can't stay.

She leaves me alone again so I decide to reread the letter I received from Robards, telling me that he expects to see me on September 1st, along with the others who got into the next year. I actually already know it off by heart but I don't really know what else to do.

After reading the letter and half-reading the previous edition of the Daily Prophet, Ginny arrives again and says they're finished.

"Finally! I was starting to get a little bored," I say.

"You could have gone upstairs to talk to your parents," Ginny says, eyeing me.

"Oh yeah," I laugh at my own stupidity.

"Well, at least you're not alone anymore," Ginny says as if it was something dramatic.

We laugh and talk for a little while until Ginny tells me to go to sleep. I feel like a little child who is being bossed around by a mother. She says that I have to be well rested for tomorrow. I laugh at her but do it all the same.

I wake up to Ginny, who is shaking me, excitedly. She tells me to get dressed quickly and then to come downstairs.

"Fine!" I say, changing my clothes.

"Oh, and happy birthday!" she says before leaving.

I chuckle and follow her. When I arrive, they all start singing. There's a bang and a heap of confetti. Mrs Weasley doesn't look too pleased but George has a mischievous smirk on his face. Teddy jumps from the noise but we manage to assure him that it's nothing to be afraid of.

Mrs Weasley leads us to the breakfast table and brushes some confetti from my shoulders as I pass her.

I smile thankfully and take a seat. Mrs Weasley puts bacon on everyone's plate and does the same with the egg.

As we're finishing breakfast, a few owl swoop into the kitchen. Mrs Weasley takes the letters and the owls leave again.

She hands me two letters; one with a Ministry seal and the other with a handwriting I do recognise but I can't exactly remember who's. I decide to open the Ministry one later on in the day.

"Harry, we, well I, have a surprise for you but it's outside," Mr Weasley says when we've finished breakfast.

He stands up and I follow him, a few of the others trailing after us. Mr Weasley opens the shed and leads me inside.

"It took a while to find all the bits but I hope you like it," Mr Weasley says, awkwardly scratching his head.

I take a better look and see a motorcycle.

"Is that Sirius's motorcycle?" I ask, a little touched.

"Yes, it is, I though you might want to have it," Mr Weasley tells me.

"Thank you," I smile, giving him a awkward hug.

"I'm glad you like it," he says, smiling.

We head back inside and now I see how much they actually decorated the place.

The rest of the morning is quite fun and peaceful. Teddy and Victoire are playing nicely and Mrs Weasley is still busy in the kitchen. I offer to help her but she won't let me, saying it's my birthday and I should enjoy it.

I open the letter with the handwriting I kind of recognise. It's from Aunt Petunia, to my great surprise.

She wrote, wishing me a happy birthday and she also asked if we could see each other soon because she admitted that she secretly liked hearing stories about Hogwarts and that she was interested in my life now.

I still leave the Ministry letter for later on because I really don't know what to expect.

"Harry! The first guests are here!" Hermione calls, welcoming Neville and Hannah.

I put the letters down and make my way to Hannah and Neville.

Ginny offers them something to drink and Neville makes a sarcastic comment about how we haven't seen each other for a long time.

As the people start to come and go, the letter from the Ministry keeps popping up in my head. By the time Mrs Weasley  announces that she'll be bringing out the cake, my curiosity is at level 10 so I decide to read the letter after the cake.

They all start singing Happy Birthday and I blow out the 20 candles after.

I like the cake because I can see that Mrs Weasley and Ginny put a lot of time in it.

"Happy Birthday Harry," Mrs Weasley smiles, giving me a hug.

"Thank you Mrs Weasley," I thank her.

"How many years more do I have to remind you to call me Molly," Mrs- Molly scolds friendly.

"Probably just a few more," I joke, returning the hug.

When we finish eating cake, I try to slip inside but Ginny catches me.

"Where are you going?" she asks.

"I'm going to read the letter the Ministry sent me. I'm really curious right now," I tell her.

"Ohh. Can I come with you?" she asks.

"If you want to," I reply, closing the door behind us.

"Yep!" Ginny says smiling.

I pick the letter up and sit on the sofa. Ginny takes the place next to me and she waits patiently for me to open the letter.

I open the sealed envelope and take the letters. There are two pieces of parchment but I read the official Ministry one first.

Dear Mr H.J. Potter,

First of all, congratulations with your 20th birthday and may many more years await you.

Nineteen years ago, we received a letter from Mr J.H. Potter. It was about an heirloom which was to be given on your 20th birthday. Mr Potter had also sent another letter to you, which we enclosed.

After searching the place for Dark Magic, we decided it was Curse-free and we hope you appreciate our hard work.

In the enclosed letter, you will find the whereabouts and what it is.

Good day to you,

Hamish Higgins
The Head of the Department of Objects

I know Ginny had been reading along, which I don't mind, but we both look at each other in shock and I'm even more curious than before.

"Read the other one!" Ginny says excitedly.

I unfold the next letter and recognise the scruffy handwriting from my father.

Dear Harry,
If you received this letter, we're sorry to have left you but we know you'll do great without us too.
I'll tell you a little story before I tell you what it is even though you might guess it just as easily.
When I was a little kid, I grew up in Potter Manor, on the edge of Godric's Hollow. Sirius came too after a while but it was just me for a long time. The Manor has been in our family for centuries, just like the Cloak.
If you where wondering why you weren't raised in Potter Manor, I'll tell you why.
Lily and I did live there for a while until my mother got sick and we had to go into hiding. Lots of Ministry workers knew the whereabouts of the Manor because my father had often held parties and balls for his Department, the Auror Department. The Manor has loads of good memories and I would be delighted to hand it over to you. We hope you make loads of good memories there too and eventually start a family of your own.
It may be dirty and a little old by the time you receive this letter but with the help of your friends, Ministry members and maybe a few House Elves, it shouldn't take too long.
Lots of love,
Mum and Dad

I wipe away a tear and reread the letter. A manor, that's what Dad left me behind.

I smile and fold the letter again. When my birthday celebrations are over,
not that I don't appreciate them because I really do, I'll visit the Ministry and ask them for some help. I could always ask Kreacher to help too.

"You lucky bastard," Ginny jokes, her voice a little bit croaky.

She embraces me and I hug her back.

"What are you doing inside? Everyone is wondering where you were!" Mrs- Molly exclaims as she sees us sitting together.

I stand up and hand her the two letters to read. She gasps when she finished reading them and then hugs me too.

We go into the garden and talk with the people who are left.

When all the guests have left, I walk outside and change into my Animagus form. I walk into the woods and let my thoughts wonder.

That was quick! What did you think? I'll probably be uploading at the end of the week or in the weekend!

Q: What house are you in on Pottermore? 💙💚💛❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

188K 3K 37
What if James and Lily Potter came back alive? What if Sirius Black, Remus Lupin and Fred Weasley returned? What if there was a prophecy made that if...
9.2K 232 56
This is a y/n and Fred Weasley love story fan fiction You are a Ravenclaw and transferring to Hogwarts entering your 5th year. You're friends consist...
110K 2K 108
________________________________________ *CURRENTLY RE-WRITING* finished by- 25/05/24 (hopefully) current re-write word count- 145,249 It's always...
10.9K 211 18
It was a classic love story between Lily Evans and James Potter. They met, eventually fell in love, got married and came to have two beautiful little...