| Fall Of Felicity | Erwin Sm...

By ilovecoffeeXOXO

Every single human to ever come alive in this life has a deck of cards representing the character traits that... More

Before We Start
Dinner
A New Friend
An Unexpected Turn
Two Minds One Dream
Every Fathers Wish
Instructor Rafael Pavlov
Pain
The Devil's Spawn
The Devil's Lair
Eyebrows and Lambchop
Training Day One
Was This A Good Decision
Home
The Outside World
Hand To Hand Combat
Somebody To Love
Goodbye My Friend, Hello Heartache
The Real Marie
Blinded By Beauty
Adeline
Karma?
First Sip
Erwin's Sweet Sixteen
3D Maneuver Gear
Mina (Mike x Nanaba)
Sex and Pain
A Deal With the Devil
Anka Rheinberger and Thomas
Time Is Ticking...
A Sweet Victory
Moo-blit
Blackjack
Graduation
Commander Keith Shadis
First Expedition
The Eagle's Feather
Bianca's Wedding
Forever Mine
The Bitter Truth
The Moon and Stars
A Twisted Truth
Birth
An Exception
Trust
The Pastries
What Happened Now?
Neander
Obtain
Garrison Branch
Life's Full Of Tough Choice's.
I Can Hear The Bells.
October 14th.
Baby Elourea Zacharias.
Mr and Mrs. Dok.
I Don't Dance.
I Want You.
Grandma Smith's Blessing.
The Ring.
A Bitter Truth.
My Prince.
Life And Death.
Elourea's First Birthday.
Street Rat to Survey Corp Rat.
A Talk.
Pleasure
Uh-Oh
Time
Round Two
Dinner Date
I Can't Give Up
Save Me Erwin
Surgery
Justice
Friendship
Shower, Sex and Satisfaction
Jack!?
Black Or White
Young Love
Nature Vs. Nurture
Erwin's Ring
I Do
Love Me Aurora
Pregnant!
Victoria
The Moutain's Top
Commander Pixis
One Night, Two Beginning's
Forever Home
The Fall of Wall Maria
A Compromise
Baby Number One
A Broken Man
Long Ago
Repairing an Old Wound
Marriage
Baby Number Two
Goodbye Grandmother
Naive Aurora
Edwin's First Birthday
So Long Jack
Happy Birthday Aurora
Gym Bros
Harder Erwin
Authors Note! Important Please Read 🙏🏻

Eustace's First Birthday

110 3 5
By ilovecoffeeXOXO

Erwin's POV

Three Months Later

December my least favorite month out of the entire year, snow floating from the sky to coat the cobble stone streets like little mountain's of mash potatoes, wind blowing as harshly as feeling icicles impale my skin not to mention the sun rarely shines allowing coolness to linger in the air, and as much I despised this weather it was my son's birthday.....Eustace.

I wanted to get off early to surprise my son, but another expedition was in the process of needing permission, signatures from the other branches needed to acknowledge my next action knowing we were wanting to venture out, strapping me down to my chair to await their approval.....not to mention the documents piling up on my table like a pyramid of apples.

Hopefully it shouldn't take me too long to verify and approve these documents......

But the problem is not the quality it's the quantity.

Just as I was about to dive into my paperwork a thump of knocking clamored the door like hearing a branch thump a window announcing a visitor where I reply with an "Enter", to spot the wooden door creak open as slowly as a snail sounding like opening a jar of jam, and once the entrance revealed itself into the hallway a face was not displayed.

Hmm? Strange the wind is strong enough to open the door but create a knocking sound?

Curiosity pinched my skin and invaded my bloodstream feeling question ponder my head wondering why the door suddenly opened out of nowhere?  I rose to my feet wanting to integrate more of the scene only to see the entrance empty like a walnut shell, until my eyes spotted the floorboard to see a little blonde toddler as tiny as a dwarf come trotting his way.

"Daddy! Daddy!" happily screeched Edwin as adorable as hearing a chicken squeak, prancing his way over towards me full of life like a bambi in the fields, I felt my entire body flood with ease from his arrival.

My son....

Edwin was charging at full speed as fast as a horse wearing a smile as warm and sunny as the morning sun a painting couldn't do just from his happiness, light blue eyes misty as fog shimmered like crystals as all my stress hammering my skull transformed into delight to me to see my son again.

"Edwin. What a lovely surprise!" I replied refusing to flatten my smile, immediately squatting myself to the ground to greet my son feeling his tiny body as little as a cub rub into my chest as soft as a pillow, curling my arms around his hips and thighs to secure him. "But how did you get here? Is Mommy around?"

I knew Edwin was limited to a few words and he couldn't pronounce full sentences, but engaging with a child helps them learn their language and improve their understanding, and every chance I got I would talk to him.

I refuse to remove my hug joyed by his arrival, lifting Edwin from the ground to feel as though I was holding a small squash, wanting to express my love for my son as I dove my lips closer toward his chunky face like a block of cheese, striking my lips against his cheek feeling his tender skin bathe me as soft as biting into a piece of bread where Edwin smiled as bright as a firefly in return I was in heaven to be with him.

I love my children more than life itself.

After releasing all my joy through my mouth, Edwin immediately attached his arms tiny as a cucumber to grope half of my neck like a neckless, nuzzling his head the size of a grapefruit to cuddle in between my neck and collarbone cushioning more bliss in me from his cuddle, but I also felt a sudden ache stab my chest realizing Edwin equally didn't want to let go.

There isn't enough hours in the days to give you the attention you deserve.

I then heard footsteps clink the floorboard as elegant and graceful as hearing a spoon tap against a teacup, redirecting my gaze towards the door to see a beautiful blonde girl illuminate a smile as breathtaking as a skyful of stars, while seeing my second born clutched as her chest like a purse, my smile remained sealed.

"Surprise." she giggled as sweet as hearing a guinea pig squeak, floating her way towards me as I found myself more eased from her arrival. "Eustace wanted to see you as his birthday gift!" she once more giggled full of life and love sounding like a dove, transferring all her weight onto her tippy toes knowing what comes next as I descended myself closer to her level to peck a light kiss against her lips as smooth as eating a nectarine.

Hearing my son's only desire left me feeling as amazed as being electrocuted allowing astonishment to saturate me, and if words weren't enough to dazzle me Eustace was reaching his arms out towards me trying to grab onto me moaning in the process as adorable as hearing a mouse squeak "Eeeaahh." as my wife transferred the birthday boy into my free arm.

In one arm I held Edwin cuddling me to feel his tender head nuzzle between my neck and collarbone while my other arm held Eustace where I also felt his gentle head nuzzle into the other side of neck feeling as though I was a kangaroo poaching my two sons, inspiring bliss and ease to comfort me.

I'm sorry to the both of you for my absences......I'll make it up one day, I promise to give you a life full of freedom and peace.....

Influenced by both of my sons yearning, I extended my neck towards the two of them bestowing a kiss on each forehead to feel softness rub me back as soft as a eating a pear, as a smile begins to form along my lips enjoying every moment with the ones I loved most.

Every moment I spent with you I treasure and you keep me going.

Aurora shined a smile as breathtaking as a crown full of jewels, elegantly drifting herself towards us like a swan resting along a lake, while each of her hand met each boy to stroke her hand against their cheek as gentle as a sponge.

"They couldn't wait to see you my love." she breathed with a voice as delicate and soft as a hearing a harp, green eyes sparkling like an emerald from bliss I found myself more dazzled to hear her speak. "Edwin was so excited knowing he was going to see you and he ran the whole way here and even opened the door!  Eustace on the other couldn't keep still, he kept bouncing on me."

She is so sweet....and what's even more delightful knowing my sons are just as precious as her.

Imagining such an event encouraged my smile to remain plastered along my lips, only wishing I could have seen such innocence, but then again I was given a chance to be with the ones I loved knowing I had to appreciate every moment.

"How beautiful." I reply once again dipping my head closer towards my wife to bestow all my passion and love with a kiss along her forehead feeling softness rub me back "The three of you just made this day better."

Overjoyed and pleased I felt in this moment I never wanted it to end, but I nearly forget how much energy and spirit children have, feeling one of my sons start to fidget in my arm as though I was holding a worm, noticing it was Edwin who was jittery like a cricket in a jar.

No wonder he ran the whole way.....he must be full of excitement to explore my office.

Charmed by my son's behavior a chuckle passes along my lips from amusement, squatting myself down to the ground to release Edwin from my chest where my little boy eagerly starts to waddle his way around my office like a penguin where his hands had to touch every single item he could reach while Eustace remained in my grip quiet and still like a patched stitched on my uniform.

"You should see Edwin when he's at home. He is always opening the doors and crawling up the stairs." Aurora giggled as adorable as hearing an otter squeak, trailing behind him like a fairy eyeing him like a hawk making sure he isn't going into places he is supposed to. "I wonder where he gets his curiosity from?" she teased as silly as hearing a puppy bark, igniting more joy to flourish in my veins from her sudden behavior.

"Certainly not from me." I reply with a grin, attracted by her playful response stimulating my mood with euphoria I felt as though I was laying on a field of grass from this moment, while using my other arm to curl it around Eustace's shoulders cuddling him more to feel as though I was holding a baby cub from his softness.

Edwin wore a smile as bright as a shooting star hearing tiny footsteps smack the floorboard constantly like hearing a duck's webbed feet paddle the water, until my detective had reached my desk where his hands started to roam around the surface like a fishing hook in a pond, eagerly finding the knob to pull out the drawer where his adventure kept going.

Edwin laughed full of life and excitement enchanted his voice as adorable as hearing a baby calf mooing, shoving his entire forearm into the drawer where within a blink his hand fished up a pen causing his eyes the color of mist to flicker like a candle from amazement.

Watching my son explore the mere contents of the drawer flowed more ease to drift in my veins well knowing his excitement about exploring was inherited from Aurora while his curiosity could be a mixture between the both of us.

It's fascinating already at such a young age I can see the traits that my son inherited from both sides.......but I wonder how my children will be once they become adults?

Even though Edwin uncovered a new object his curiosity got the best of him ruffling through my files as loudly as hearing dozens of leaves fall to the ground disorganizing my stack of papers where Aurora intercepted his next move, grabbing his arm as gentle as a lamb redirecting Edwin's chunky hands like a sausage to guide him out from the drawer hearing "No my darling, those are daddies papers and we can't touch those." she explained as peacefully as hearing a dove hoot while picking up Edwin to allow him to rest on her hip like a purse.

Aurora used her knee to shut the bottom drawer while her free hand removed the pen from Edwin's grip making sure he didn't hurt himself. "Erwin my love is it alright if Edwin uses some of your pens and paper to draw?" she asked with a voice as sleek as hearing a flower plucked from its stem as her round face perfect like an angel sunk with bliss. Green eyes twinkling like an emerald in sunlight, pink lips the color of a peony, and full like a plum beamed a smile as loving as the sunrise to expose her teeth white as pearls, I was mesmerized to see her beauty.

She's so beautiful....inside and out.

"Please do so, I have some scratch paper in the top left drawer that Edwin can use to entertain himself."

Aurora obeyed my command as swiftly as a horse, obtaining the paper from my drawer to transfer our son toward the large window peering over the city making it look as though you could see the outside world itself, gently setting him on the ground where she began to explain to Edwin what she would like him to do and to no surprise, Edwin listened to his mother's voice with eyes sparkling like mineral water from allure, sitting on the floor like a bean bag while his attention was glued to the paper while his hand roamed around the paper allowing his imagination to run wild.

Pleased by my wife's sweetness and my son's obedience, I turn my attention to my other son nestling along my chest like a capitellar in a cocoon, wanting to give him the same amount of love and treatment.

"Today is your birthday, isn't it Eustace?"

Eustace rose from my chest like a dehydrated plant that has received water, displaying his eyes fused with green and blue shimmering like a star from joy, elevating more ease to soothe my veins staring upon the product of my love mixed into a pair of eyes as breathtaking as a peacock's feather

Eustace remained in silence only using his eyes to gaze upon me well knowing he hasn't learned to speak, but the more our eyes locked on each other a smile was forming along my chubby son's face like bread dough, cheeks pudgy like fudge curled along his lips full of warmth like a sunrise I never wanted to let go of him.

"You won't remember today, just like I didn't remember my first birthday but that is alright because celebrating this day about you I will cherish until my last breath because you are the reason I will keep fighting."

I'm so grateful that I haven't met my parent's end......

I wanna be here not only to see my children grow....but also for my grandchildren.

I won't ever let you go....

I was positive Eustace didn't understand a single word my tongue had passed, and instead of talking he raised his chubby arms like sausages into the air where his palms layered each of my cheeks as soft as feeling a marshmallow, where his hands started to roam around my face massaging my muscles to feel them stretch and pull leaving Eustace to laugh and giggle as adorable as hearing a calf "Hehe"

Eustace reminds me of Aurora, he laughs with so much joy and life and is very optimistic, but he also isn't afraid to explore and learn more.

Aurora as well slipped a giggle full of sweetness and love to sound as merrily as a bird chippering "Awwhh", where her hands gently removed Eustace's hands from my face to escort them back around my neck, where her voice as elegant as a harp begins to enchant the room.

"That's Daddy's face!" she questioned once more slipping a giggle as cute as hearing a duckling quack hearing softness and love soothed in her voice I could hear her talk for hours. "It's much bigger and longer than mine!"

Eustace continued to laugh as adorable as hearing a chicken peep, lifting his smile full of happiness as warming as looking at the sun, lifting his smile so high he exposed some teeth starting to form along his mouth, like weeds in a garden.

Just imagine all the memories we will make once you start losing teeth.

When I was five I lost my very first tooth and I put it under my pillow for the tooth fairy to come, but I was so anxious to meet her I waited all night to spot Grandmother trying to swap my tooth for a coin.

Father and Grandmother tried so hard making up a story of why she was the one switching the tooth. I remember the story they made up trying to make me believe she was real, Grandmother said she was sent by the tooth fairy to collect the tooth and mail it to her.

I refuse to flatten my smile vividly remembering a memory long ago, staring at my son bubbled with love and happiness I couldn't be more pleased to start my life with this boy.

Eustace then tips himself forward to descend his mouth against my cheek feeling softness emerge in my skin from his kiss as delightful as feeling a hot rag, hearing his giggles "Hehe" twitter from his lips as sweet as hearing a baby goat neigh, I couldn't be filled more with bliss from my children.

I love them so much.

"Awhh..." Aurora cried in reply as her entire face sunk with joy, nicely shaped blonde eyebrows curved down to her sockets, full pink lips like a plum parted open as though a raspberry was placed in between her lips, and her eyes dilated from bliss looking as enchanted as a chandelier. "He's so sweet....."

Dazzled from my family's arrival another sensation had emerged in my veins feeling a sudden rumble crackle in my stomach as painful as though I ate a firecracker, indicating I was low on fuel even my tongue dried up feeling as parched as though being out in the sun for hours straight.

"Aurora darling, did you come to stay for a few minutes or did you want to grab a bite to eat?" I asked though my insides screamed in agony, my stomach felt as though it was tied in a knot from the constant growls shaking my belly, my head felt as though a mallet was flattening my skull since I couldn't think straight from the lack of nutrients.

"I was wondering when you were gonna ask." she slipped a giggle as cute as hearing a squirrel squeak, floating her curvy body towards my desk to see a woven basket resting on the table like a lamp. "Your belly is bottomless and always empty." she teased as adorable as hearing a kitten meow where her attention caught starting to separate the goodies insides like opening a treasure chest. "I made soup this morning, tomato basil, and some grilled cheese sandwiches!"

I felt the insides of my mouth start to salivate the moment I heard her cooking, I had to hold back the drool oozing from my lips imagining such a tasty meal I felt my heart escalate from excitement, boosting a smile along my lips from joy but also engaged from her tease about my hunger.

"A way to a man's heart is through his stomach." I answer refusing to flatten my smile, as I divert my attention toward the windows peering over the city like a magnifying glass where I had two longue chairs lurking by the window like a fly on the wall, using one arm I grabbed the chair for my wife, and the other I held onto Eustace.

"Well lucky me, I enjoy cooking and get the pleasure of satisfying you." she replied with a voice as gentle as hearing a lamb speak while softness swayed in her voice like hearing flowers drop their petals,, I felt more passion developed in me to listen to her.

She's so sweet......I love how she thinks about others.

I brought the extra chair for my wife to sit at my desk, observing her hands work as fast as a bee removing all the items inside the basket finding myself in a trance to watch her curvy body transmit back and forth like a puppet on strings, while her hair blonde as though gold was melted flowed over her shoulders to reach her abdomen, she was so peaceful to watch.

"I'm the lucky one Aurora......" I reply refusing to flatten my smile from bliss swimming in my bloodstream. "Having you is the greatest pleasure of all."

Aurora finished removing all the goodies in the basket, drifting her gaze to meet mine to see her green eyes the color of grass dilate as large as a lemon while her lips full like a plum spread a smile as creamy as butter on bread.

"Erwin..... you're so sweet." she replied as blissful as hearing a dove hooti lifting her smile even higher to expose her teeth white as snow, while handing me two containers of soup and two sandwiches while the remaining was left on the side.

Noticing the sudden distribution of the food I felt skepticism and question sting my veins making me wonder why she was so generous with the portions when we were limited on money

I know I have an appetite like a wolf, but I would give up half my meal knowing my sons are fed.

"Aurora darling, why so many servings? Do you want me to feed Eustace?"

Aurora grabbed one of the bottles and handed it to Eustace where he gladly started to suck on the tip to drink his milk, repeating the same thing with Edwin where she finally took a seat and started to open the containers.

"Don't worry my love." she breathed with a voice as soft and delicate as flowers blowing through the wind wearing a smile as bright as the morning sun, handing me a metal spoon to eat."Once babies start teething you are capable to give them solid food, but since we are limited on money I feed our boys half and half. They always get at least one bottle of breastmilk, and I feed them with our dinner because they are growing and sometimes milk isn't heavy enough" she explained as her hands started to remove the seal from the other soup, dipping her sandwich in the tomato soup. "I read that females can breastfeed up to two years old, but I'm mostly pumping the milk out and feeding them in bottles because it's easier than breastfeeding."

It's interesting learning about the human body, but hands down the female body is beautiful and mesmerizing what it can do.

I'm curious though what happens when she stops breastfeeding. What happens to all that milk she produces? I'm sure it eventually stops replenishing and drains out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Aurora's POV

Ten Months Later

September was starting to fade, plunging into more chilly breezes and colder temperatures almost as chilly as feeling an ice cube skid down my spine, calling for jackets and boots needed to be worn, but as much as I adored the cold not as many produce could grow in the fall and winter leaving me to store and freeze items, which called for another trip to the market so see what was left.

Using my right hand I held onto Edwin's palm, stirring and guiding him around like a ship because my little pumpkin loved to zoom and prance around the streets like a little bunny since his walking skills have improved, whereas Eustace he knows how to stand up, but his walking skills are very shaky and slow leaving my other arm to fasten him at my hip like a purse

Whatever the market offers I will take and try my best to make meals because the boys I have at home eat like an army.

I just had exited and locked my house ready to start my journey to the market, until I spotted a figure nestled against a concrete building across the street like a snail on a leaf, sitting on the cold cobblestone pathway with its legs pulled into its chest to burry its head as well curled up in a ball, wearing nothing but a mere blanket as thin as skin, feeling instant pity thicken my throat to see a person suffer in this weather.

Poor thing.....I wonder what happened to him? Maybe if I give him a few coins he can get some more clothing to keep him warm.

Momentailry I had crossed the street to meet the person who was curled up in a ball looking as helpless as a stray kitten, feeling pain stab my chest to see a human stoop so low and linger on the street without any help.

"Excuse me sir, but I have a few coins I can spare you." I mention, and the moment I breathed my last words the homeless person slowly lifted their face from their huddle to expose a familiar face that left shock to stun my veins.

Dark brown hair the color of a coffee bean shabby and tangled like the bottom of a mop looking as dirty as a used rag since I could see patches of dirt knotted into each lock like a qulit. Skin pale as a ghost had dirt underlining his eyelid, smeared along his nose and all over his forehead as messy as spilling over a bucket of dirt, but the most heart aching image was to see his eyes. Brown eyes the color of a dead leaf in autumn drowned in water, puffy like a zit and red as a cherry crying in pain as each facial muscle displayed on his long face sagged with misery flat as a pancake, growing a beard as frizzy as yarn to reach his chest, stunning my whole body with alarm not only to witness his despair, but once upon a time I knew this man and he had was the top.

"Mr.Shadis's?" I asked feeling all the air in my lungs evaporate into thin air from shock, even my heart skipped a beat from the sudden surprise. "Is that you?"

The homeless man didn't breathe one word remaining in silence as though his lips had been sealed by a cloth, where his gaze kept bouncing like a frog on a lily pad on different human's passing his spot.

"Aye." Shadis's replied with a voice as broken and shattered as hearing glass collide with concrete noticing the corner of his eyes puddle with water like a pond. "I used to be Commander, but I wasn't special enough." he breathed blowing his air to whisk along my nose, inhaling his scent smelling bitterness and sourness rolled into one identifying alcohol reeked in his mouth.

What happened to him? He was our Commander he had nobility, dignity, and power all under his title.

Now look at him he is homeless and intoxicated.

"Sir, it's me Aurora." I replied feeling my son's palm start to slip away my hand as though I was holding slime, scratching my veins with a hint of annoyance since he wasn't keeping still, tightening my palm against Edwin's to feel his movement simmer down. "Erwin Smith's wife."

Suddenly Shadis's entire face sunk with anguish looking like a rock dropped in the sand, tears drizzling down his cheeks to stop into his beard, lower lip quivering like an earthquake to pass a wail of sadness cracked in his voice sounding like a wolf howling to the moon.

"Erwin Smith......he was a special man that can achieve greatness. But me? I'm just nobody and meaningless in this life." he sobbed in agony sounding as painful as though he'd taken a bullet, feeling more sympathy grow for my previous Commander because there were times I felt useless about myself.

Poor thing.....he must be ruined after stepping down from Commander. Not everyone is capable of achieving greatness, and it's hard to accept it when you put your hopes so high.

I had to learn that the hard way.....but maybe I can help him get back on his feet. He just needs the right person to show him he is still capable of other things.

"Sir are you living somewhere on this street? I can take you home if you like?"

Shadis's face constantly poured with tears as runny as ice cream in the sun keeping his gaze locked forward having not a clue what he was staring at since it was forward. "Home?" he paused sniffing his nose dry as loud as a trumpet to hear his loose liquid shot up into his nose like a bullet. "You're looking at it."

Oh no.....Shadis is homeless....... the devastation must have let himself go after resigning from Commander.

I just can't leave him like this, especially since I can help him.

I know how he feels.

"Sir.....would you like to stay with Erwin and I at our house? We live across the street" I offered finding a smile to grow along my lips pleased with myself I could aid someone who needed a friend. "You can stay as long as you want."

Suddenly all his cries and wails of wreckage sounding lone as a wolf howling had slowly come to an end, his long face inflated from surprise looking as perky and fresh as adding air to a balloon even his pupils twinkled like a star from wonder.

"You would do that for me?" he gasped sounding as breathless as blowing out a candle, refusing to break eye contact as his pupils continued to expand as large as a lemon from stun. "But I've been so harsh on you Aurora.... especially to Erwin."

Hearing the previous Commander admit his mistakes as clear as day, promoted a smile to form along my lips from satisfaction, appreciating his honesty, but more so I unlocked a memory that needed to be resolved.

It's all coming back to me now, how lovestruck I was with Erwin. I couldn't go a day without wanting to explore our love, but because of my lust I was behaving inappropriately and I caused so many issues not only for me, but for Erwin....

I wasn't completely innocent either, and I'm given a chance to make things right.

"We've all made mistakes sir., and it's whether or not we learn from them that counts." I began feeling as blissful as a cloud soaring through the sky knowing I was able to amends for my mistake. "But I do owe you an apology. I shouldn't have been acting so childish with my behavior and allowing my feelings to control me. I should have known better."

Frozen like ice Shadis's face started to melt away like putting a flame underneath an ice cube, lips thin as a piece of paper a curled into a smile as tiny as apple silence, tears evaporating from his eyes to twinkle with astonishment, but the greatest factor was to see his slender body find his feet.

"Thank you Aurora.....not a lot of people have shown me the kindness you've just potrayed, and it means a lot." he spoke with a voice as soothing as hearing water trickle down from a faucet, lifting his smile even higher to expose his large teeth like diamonds. "Your not only a beautiful girl, but your smart with wisdom."

I'm glad I could smooth out our rough patches, and I always felt pity for Shadis because I sensed how much he yearned for a female companion to devote his love too.

I just hope he finds someone that will love him for him.

The Following Evening

Just as I offered the previous Commander a roof over his head, he had a mattress to sleep on, clothes washed and cleaned looking as polished as a freshly mopped tile, but more importantly a shower and a trim to groom himself appearing himself the way I've always known him.

It took Keith nearly the whole afternoon and evening to groom himself only having an idea what might have taken him so long, regretting, thinking, and dwelling on the past must have held him down, but from the duration of his transition my husband had arrived home from work which scraped unease and worry to filter my veins since I know this wasn't going to be peaches and cream...

"Erwin can I speak with you outside? There is something I would to discuss with you, since we have a guest."

The moment my husband stepped through the door from work his entire face melted with bliss as runny as an egg especially once he saw his boys, but once I breathed my last word all his ease had solidified into stone looking as intense as a tiger, eyebrows scrunched together like two wings were hovering over his sockets, lips sealed shut almost like glue was smacked along his mouth creating a solid line as thin as a paperclip even his pupils harden like a rock to display his sudden skepticism.

"Alright." he answered with a voice full of suspicion sounding as lethal as hearing an arrow pierce through a skull, transferring our attention and privacy out the door where the chilly air would frost my skin as cold as diving into a pool of ice.

What's done is done, I just have to inform Erwin about the current issue and why I did it, and hope for the best.

I am just a little worried since I didn't ask him for permission because it's Erwin's house too, and I know how much peace he gets once he is home.

"I saw our previous Commander, Keith on the street this morning curled up on the sidewalk crying to himself, homeless and broken." I started, but the more I discussed, Erwin's stare grew tenser not breaking eye contact looking as fearsome as a wolf's growl from the stoned stare bulge in his pupils, he even folded his brawny arms across his thick pecks increasing his intimation as strong as a bear. "I think what happened after he resigned from Commander he let himself go, he kept crying about how he wasn't special enough to reach his goal, and I felt bad for him because I know what it's like to try your hardest and in the end you fail." I pleaded, but the moment I finished I felt my entire body flame with pain as brutal as being torched alive because as much as dreamt of living outside these walls.....I wasn't strong enough.

I don't regret the choices I made today and I love my family and the woman I've become, but I know what it's like to dream and have your hopes crushed.

"I'm sorry I didn't ask for your permission first. I know this is your home as well, and you deserve to come back feeling comfortable, and I'm well aware of your differences" I started the conversation back up, finding my gaze to be focused on his sky blue eyes feeling as though I was staring at a marble statute from lack of emotion in his skin. "I did apologize to Shadis for my childish behavior, but most of all I wanted to help him get back on his feet......he just needs a friend."

Erwin remained deadly silent as though his lips had been stitched together with a needle and thread, his eyes remained firm as stone studying my behavior, but more importantly, analyzing the whole situation before he would conclude his verdict.

"That is very dignified of you to settle your discrepancies aside and admit your mistakes, but most of all your kindness of wanting to aid him is influential." he mention with a voice as husky as hearing gravel crunch the bottom of a boot, keeping his stare leveled on me as fearsome as a hawk I only could hope he would understand. "The main issue I have here is the procedure of  fitting into today's society, finding a stable job to provide income to survive on his own......but I have an idea that might help both of us."

A Few Days Later

The previous Commander has been using these past few days to rest and regain his strength, sleeping away his agony as deep and soundless as a baby, recovering a healthy glow full of life looking as radiant as a lantern even managing to sprout a smile.

Tonight I decided to make a simple and quick dinner because even though my sons are growing older doesn't mean their crying has been on hold, crying as helplessly as an injured bambi calling for me or daddy to soothe their worries.....but they are my entire world I would do anything for them.

A full chicken was cooked down in vegetables and water to create a nice steamy broth accompanying the meal was white rice fluffy as a marshmallow but small as peas tasty enough to eat, and in this household it is always time to eat no matter what time of the day ensuring me these are Erwin's son and confirming that their hunger will only expand as time goes by.

Edwin was a little past two years old almost turning three in February, anxiously sitting in his chair like a cricket in a jar from excitement to eat his dinner though his chair was specially made for him like a throne for a prince. The legs of the chair were long like spider legs raising taller than the kitchen table having a built in countertop that flared out like a fan at the top giving Edwin the balance to place his food on his unique desk.

Eustace on the hand was almost two in December, resting in my lap as precious as a kitty cat, while one hand groped him around his belly feeling like I was holding a pumpkin making sure he had symmetry so his hands could hold his baby bottle to feed my starving son, as my other arm attended Edwin.

Eustace and Edwin were more than capable to feed themselves but they lacked the motor skills to define their movement, and it was easier for me just to watch over them than to clean up their mess would be as sloppy as spilling over a can of paint.

"Alright my love, are you hungry?" I asked forming a smile along my lips delighted to aid my son, where Edwin reply with a smile as bright as the morning sun pinching his arms out at me like a crab while my hand spooned up some dinner as I begin to float his meal towards his mouth.

I felt his tiny hand as a kitten's paw enclosing my wrist waiting to help transport his dinner causing my smile to stain my lips from his sweetness, where the spoon had reached his mouth enclosing his lips to hear "Mmhmm." pass his lips.

Charmed to see Edwin fascinated by the taste I felt as though butterflies wings were fluttering along my skin, removing the spoon from his mouth to scoop up another serving to hear "Eeaahh." beg from his lips wanting another bite.

Oh you are your daddy's son.....always hungry.

"Your very good with children Aurora. " erupted a voice from behind, hearing ease soothe his tone as delightful as hearing water pour out from a fountain well knowing who had arrived. "You are patient, loving and kind to them, and babies can sense that....that's why their eyes sparkle every time you enter."

That's very kind of him to say that.

Pleased by Keith's compliment I felt more joy blossom in me as relaxing as taking a bubble bath, repeating the same motion of my hand scooping up a spoonful of dinner to soar it over towards my son where he happily aided me as his mouth would indulge in his tasty dinner.

"Thank you sir, but the real treasure is when they see Erwin. Their smiles are so beautiful and full of love I only wish he was around more to be with them."

Suddenly Keith's eyes brown like an acorn sparkled like mineral water while his pupils eased with delight, warming a smile along his lips as waxy as a melted candle it was nice to see the old Commander smile again.

Hmm.....I've always sensed that Keith wanted a family of his own, but he hasn't found the right woman.

My children bring me so much joy in my life that I would be happy to share the joy of my life.

"Would you like to hold Eustace, sir?"

Shadis's lips continued to gleam a smile as bright as an evening star, diverting his attention towards my side, pleased with myself knowing I could bring him joy.

"I would like that Aurora." he replied, floating his hands closer towards Eustace to slither his palms around his torso, transferring my son into Keith's grip witnessing his long face glow as bright and lively as fireworks flared in the night.

I hope Erwin can help him.......he is a good man, and he just wants a family of his own.

Everyone deserves to be happy in this life.

Momentailry the door had opened to reveal a handsome blonde lurking in the entrance, but another Commander had accompanied Erwin's side wearing the same uniform though with roses stitched along his jacket.

"Commander Pixis?!" I called from surprise, pleased by his sudden arrival I transfer the remaining of Edwin's dinner onto his seat where he could finish those last few bites all by himself, spreading my arms apart anxious to greet the man who'd sheltered a roof over my head. "This is a nice surprise."

Pixis wrinkly and creased with lines like an old peach curled his thin lips into a smile as warm as the morning sunrise, feeling his solid chest sink into mine to embrace in a loving hug.

"It's always a pleasure to see you Aurora!" he replied with a smile as cheerful as a bluebird bathing in a bird bath, gently removing himself from my grip to gaze upon his acorn eyes swimming in bliss. "Every time I see you, you always get prettier!"

Awe, that's nice of him.

"I hope you don't mind darling, but I invited the Commander over for dinner since we have a proposition for Keith."

Hearing my husband's sudden remark, I felt bliss alleviate my veins, knowing the handsome blonde had resolved the issue in such a short time only dazzled me with fascination because there isn't anything Erwin couldn't do.

"Of course! Please come and sit dinner is ready to eat!"

Promptly everyone had pivoted their attention into the kitchen both Commanders greeting Edwin with a kiss of love to here giggles full of love pass through his lips "Tehehe" sounding as adorable as blowing bubbles, but once they reached Eustace there was a troll guarding the secondborn.

"Commander Pixis." gasped Keith hearing shock staggered in his tone, sounding as breathless as though he had been running for miles straight. "It has been a few years since I've last seen you.....how are you sir?"

Pixis kept his smile glowing along his lips as radiant as a lantern, brown eyes the color of a hazelnut twinkled like a star softened with ease, parting his thin lips open to hear his calming voice hush the room.

"Good to see you again Keith, I am fine thank you for asking.....but it seems as though Erwin has informed me you've been having a hard time finding your purpose back in life?"

Keith nodded his head in reply not breaking eye contact nor having the smallest ounce of grief shadowed over him, looking as shiny as a gold medal only confirming me that my act of kindness had helped a man......maybe even changed him.

"Yes that is correct sir, but thanks to the Smith's they have given me the chance to lift myself up and find another way to be happy with my life."

Dot's smile remained glued to his lips as peaceful as the sunset, lingering in silence for a moment before expressing his wisdom to educate others around him.

"Wonderful.... and I have some good news. These
last few days Erwin and I have been meeting and discussing what kind of opportunities you are qualify for, and we have found a job that would be most suited for you Keith. The previous instructor Rafael Pavlov had passed away from liver cancer, and the position has opened up. Your job would be to teach students and guide them where they would like to enter in the military.....and your first group of students would be the one hundred and fourth training cadets."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.7K 392 20
Erwin Smith & Y/N grew up down the street from each other in Wall Rose. You enjoyed his company as children, far more than you cared to admit, but he...
162K 5.1K 31
❝ 𝐢𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐫𝐮𝐧 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐦𝐞, 𝐈 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐩𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐮𝐞 ❞ 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐃! 𝐘𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐞! 𝐌𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐞! 𝐋𝐞𝐯𝐢 𝐀𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐫...
422K 12.3K 80
SEQUEL IS OUT Fourteen years ago, before the fall of Wall Maria, Levi Ackerman joined the Survey Corps. Possessing the strength equal to a single bri...
134K 5.3K 34
Levi Ackerman; Humanity's strongest he had been told. Nevertheless, everyone has their weaknesses, and for this man, his name was Commander Erwin Smi...