Cruel Summer • Vampire Diaries

By undeadbelova

♡˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ONGOING, SLOW UPDATES In which a girl with a secret, moves back to her hometown after being gone fo... More

CRUEL SUMMER!
001. lexa and vicki
002. hello, belgium
003. the intervention
004. for them
005. the stellar coven
006. where's my mind?
007. lexa unleashed
008. spill the beans
009. night of the comet
010. lexa has an epiphany
011. friday night bites
012. who let the rat in?
013. family ties
014. lexa, the wing woman
015. sexy suds car wash
016. lost girls
017. runaway baby vampire
018. haunted
019. ethereal
020. lovers that went wrong
021. 162 candles
022. history repeating
023. emily bennett
024. the promise of your future
025. the turning point
026. bloodlines
027. no more lies
028. unpleasantville
029. lexa's protector
030. children of the damned
031. the betrayal
032. fool me once
033. petrova
034. a few good men
035. the bachelor fundraiser
036. jealousy, jealousy
037. there goes the neighbourhood
038. let the right one in
039. dangerous lies
040. grief
041. under control
042. you robbed the hospital!
043. miss mystic falls
044. lovebirds
045. isobel
046. bio mum
047. founder's day
048. the accident
049. sister dearest
050. the return
051. brave new world
052. game on
053. day walker
054. wicked games
055. bad moon rising
056. memory lane
057. complicated
058. kill or be killed
059. eager beaver
060. the moonstone
061. plan b
062. if you're happy, than i'm happy
063. the masquerade ball
064. karma's a bitch
065. go fuck yourself
066. rose
067. we can't all have little daylight rings
068. his sister's keeper
069. i owe you
070. the sacrifice
071. by the light of the moon
072. broken little wolf
073. best friends
074. the descent
075. look after you
076. daddy issues
077. crying wolf
078. life is about more than just surviving
079. a new best friend
080. eternal flame
081. know thy enemy
082. the last dance
083. i am not alaric
084. klaus
085. i promise
086. this is the part where you run
087. the last day
088. the sun also rises
089. misery business
090. right person, wrong time
091. as i lay dying
092. a pancake birthday tradition
093. the one that got away
094. the birthday party
095. connor fucking callahan
096. nobody is innocent
097. the end of the affair
098. disturbing behaviour
099. the reckoning
100. stefan's gone mad
101. smells like teen spirit
102. midnight love
103. strange happenings
104. ghost world
106. straight to the source
107. champagne problems
108. feel something
109. backstabbers
110. homecoming
111. gone girl
112. the new deal
cruel summer has been plagiarised...
113. our town
114. love really does make people pathetic

105. time to say goodbye

513 33 4
By undeadbelova

At the Salvatore home, Lexa, Caroline and Bonnie were searching for the talisman required to do the spell. As Lexa and Bonnie looked, Caroline was receiving a phone call from Elena.

"Hello?" The Gilbert said, before Caroline replied "So the necklace isn't where Damon said it would be and now we can't reach Damon." Elena sighed before she explained, "Listen, I need you to get Bonnie to hold off on sending the ghosts back."

"What?!" Caroline asked abruptly, "But you said you were in full support of getting rid of them." Elena replied, "I was. I am. Look, Lexi's here and she's helping with Stefan."

Caroline nodded, relieved to head that they were going to get Stefan back. "Okay, let's just find it first and then we'll choose between boyfriend ghost dramas."

Bonnie and Lexa approached Caroline, as she got off the phone. "What are you talking about?" Bonnie asked, catching the blonde's attention.

Caroline turned to the pair, "Um...Lexi's back, so Elena wants us to hold off on destroying the necklace." She quickly explained as Lexa's face relaxed a little before she seemed excited. "That's fine, we're holding off so Natasha can meet us. But that's really awesome about Lexi, we're finally going to get Stefan back."

Bonnie didn't brush off what Caroline had just said, though. "You said boyfriend dramas. Plural. What is it, Caroline?"

Caroline sighed, reluctantly to tell Bonnie the truth. Lexa and Bonnie waited, hoping that the Forbes would elaborate. "Elena caught Jeremy kissing Anna." The blonde let out in one breath.

Lexa and Bonnie looked at eachother in surprise before Bonnie asked, "What?"

"I'm sorry." Caroline answered before Lexa asked, "He kissed her?"

It made no sense to the Gilbert... her brother seemed to have let go of Anna and shown interest in Allira and Bonnie.

Caroline nodded hesitantly, "She's got a foothold now, so she probably thinks that she's here to stay. But you and I, Bonnie, we're going to find that necklace. Okay?"

━━━━━ ⋆⋅♥︎⋅⋆ ━━━━━

In the town square, a Founder's celebration was under way. Carol stood on stage, microphone in hand as she spoke, "Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. Mr. Fell seems to have been detained, so the history department's very own Mr. Saltzman has agreed to fill in."

Everyone applauded, and Alaric went towards the stage.

Giorgia and Carmen were walking through the crowd, when they overheard Fredrick talking to Anna. "Still hanging around the Gilbert kid, huh? I guess you forgot the fact that his family killed you and your mother."

The pair shared a confused look, before they approached Jeremy, Anna and Fredrick. "Is everything okay, here?" Giorgia asked, catching their attention.

"Who the hell are you?" Fredrick asked Giorgia, who responded without hesitation, "I'm Jeremy's older sister. And I don't like the threatening look you're giving him." The Garcia said, standing her ground.

Hearing her thick Mexican accent, Fredrick said "Okay Mexico, you want to know what's going on? Ask your ancestors." He spat as the Garcia glared at him. "What the hell..." Carmen muttered under her breath.

Anna piped up now, "What are you doing here, Frederick?" She asked, sternly before two men joined him.

"Well, it's a Founders' celebration. And we've... got some unfinished business with the Founding Families." Fredrick responded, creeping Giorgia and Carmen out with his tone.

"On behalf of Mystic Falls High School Historical Society, let's light 'em up!" Alaric spoke, now on stage. The lanterns were light up, as applause followed.

Suddenly a scream was heard from Sienna, as she tried to cover Allira's eyes. Unfortunately, the shorter Lockwood had already seen the disturbing sight— Tobias Fell hanging dead from a tree.

Anna looked at Frederick, who smiled back at her.

━━━━━ ⋆⋅♥︎⋅⋆ ━━━━━

Lexa, Caroline and Bonnie continued to look for the necklace. Alexia even checked the soap bowl in Damon's bathroom, and let out an annoyed grumble when there was no sight of it.

"Ugh! I give up. It's not anywhere in this room." Caroline complained, as Lexa sighed and plonked herself on the end of Damon's bed.

Bonnie's phone vibrated, as Jeremy was calling her. She gave Lexa and Caroline a knowing look, before Lexa held her hand out for the phone. Bonnie tossed it to the heretic, who then answered it.

"Hello, little brother." Alexia answered, as Jeremy sounded surprised. "Lexa? Hey. Did you find that necklace?" Jeremy asked, panic clear in his tone. "Not yet. Is everything okay?" Lexa then asked.

"Ghosts of the tomb vampires killed Tobias Fell. You might want to find that necklace before they start going alphabetically through the founding families." Jeremy responded, as Alexia's eyes widened with fear.

"Well, it's not where it's supposed to be. Unless somebody perhaps took it." The girl said, as Jeremy was stumped. "Who?"

"Who do you think?"

Giorgia, Carmen and Jeremy all looked to Anna, who said "I didn't."

"She said she didn't take it." Jeremy responded to his older sister. "You believe her?" Lexa asked, as she certainly didn't believe the Zhu.

Anna looked between Giorgia and Carmen's stern looks before she finally looked to Jeremy. "I didn't take it, Jeremy."

"You know what, yeah, yeah, I do believe her." Jeremy declared, as Lexa facepalmed. "You're kidding, right?" She groaned.

"Do I sound like I'm joking, Alexia?" Jeremy grumbled back in response. "I'm not gonna tell you what to do, but should be more careful with how much trust you put in her, Jer." Lexa said, before she ended the call.

Jeremy removed the phone from his ear and turned to talk to Anna, but she was gone.

━━━━━ ⋆⋅♥︎⋅⋆ ━━━━━

After some time, it had been revealed that Anna had the necklace all along. "Jeremy's got the necklace. He's going to meet us at the witch house." Lexa stated, as the trio were in the car. "Natasha is also nearly there."

"Okay. What's going on up there?" Bonnie then asked, as they witnessed Carol Lockwood's car crashing into a tree.

"It's Mrs. Lockwood's car." Caroline stated, as Bonnie slammed on the breaks. The trio watched as Fredrick crossed the road, heading for the car.

"I'm going to get out of the car and you're going to drive the hell away from here." The Forbes demanded Bonnie, as she wanted to save Carol before she was vampire food.

"I'll help you." Lexa insisted, unsure how strong Fredrick was. "No, stay with Bonnie and make sure this gets done." Caroline replied, leaving the car before Lexa could argue.

Reluctantly, Bonnie started driving away. Lexa watched out of the back window as Caroline and Fredrick fought.

━━━━━ ⋆⋅♥︎⋅⋆ ━━━━━

Now at the witch house, Bonnie and Lexa lit the fireplace and candles using their magic. At the same time, Jeremy approached the pair, offering Bonnie the necklace. "Bonnie!" Jeremy spoke, though the Bennett looked at him coldly as she took the necklace from his hands.

"Natasha, where are you?" Lexa asked into her phone, as it was on speaker. "We had to fight some tomb vampires on the way. We're about ten minutes out." The Petrova responded, an urgency in her voice.

"Okay—"

"I'm sorry, it's too late." Bonnie spoke now, as Lexa looked at her in surprise. "Bonnie, it's her daughter." The Gilbert replied. "I know Lexa, but our town is filled with vengeful tomb vampires who are attacking the founding families. If we don't close this, there will be blood on our hands." She responded to Lexa.

"Bonnie? Bonnie please hold off. We are driving as fast as we can." Natasha pleaded, as Bonnie looked at Lexa. "I will follow your lead Bon, but I think we should wait." Lexa replied to the Bennett.

Bonnie took the phone from Lexa, and ignored Rebekah's cursing towards the Bennett. "Natasha?" Bonnie asked. "Yes?" The Petrova answered.

"I'm so sorry, but I'm not willing to let anyone die for this." Bonnie answered reluctantly, as Lexa felt her heart sink. The heretic hated this completely, but Bonnie had a valid point.

"Bonnie, I'm begging yo—" Bonnie ended the call, before she handed the phone back to Lexa. The Gilbert took the phone back, her hand shaky.

"I hate this." Lexa confessed, feeling extremely guilty for her descendant. "I do too." Bonnie answered, as she looked down at the necklace in her hand.

"She's going to hate me, but I have to do what's right before our town ends up a blood bath." The Bennett declared, as she threw the necklace into the fireplace before herself and Lexa began hesitantly casting a spell together. They watched as the necklace melted down and burnt.

━━━━━ ⋆⋅♥︎⋅⋆ ━━━━━

Lexi snapped her head towards Brooke, feeling that her time was coming to an end. She approached the female Salvatore and gripped her shoulder which caused Brooklyn to spin around.

It was then the Branson collided their lips, as he kissed Brooklyn one last time. Brooke kissed back, as she threw her arms around Lexi's waist.

They broke apart, though they shared a loving gaze. "I love you, Brooklyn Salvatore. I will always love you." Lexi spoke, as Brooke's lips curved into a smile. "I love you too, Lexi."

They reluctantly let go of eachother, as Lexi turned to Elena. "I believe you know what to do now." She said, as Elena nodded. "I do. Thank you so much, Lexi."

With that, the girl disappeared.

Stefan just laughed, "So what are you going to do, Elena? You just going to stand there? Waiting for me to dry out?" He asked, assuming that she had given up now that Lexi was gone.

"No, I'm going to go home, take care of my brother. Be a friend to Bonnie and everything else that I have to do." Elena decided, as she approached the door with Brooklyn.

"Wow, my big sister is going to leave me here too? That's brutal." Stefan added as Brooklyn rolled her eyes at her brother's ripper side talking.

"That's good for you. You know, I was wondering when you were going to give up. Lexi gave you enough of a glimpse into your tragic future." Stefan spoke to Elena.

"Stefan..." Brooke grumbled, knowing that he was going too far. Elena wasn't going to give up on him, and anybody could see that.

"I haven't given up, Stefan. I still have hope. But there's nothing that I can do until you get yours back." Elena declared, before she approached Stefan again and touched his face. "Hey. You can break through this. Fight for it. Feel something. Anything, Stefan. Because if you don't, you're going to lose me forever. I won't love a ghost for the rest of my life."

━━━━━ ⋆⋅♥︎⋅⋆ ━━━━━

Isaiah and Axel never expected to help fight off the tomb vampires from the founding families, but here they were fighting side by side with Giorgia, Carmen and Sienna.

"These assholes just don't give up, do they?" Sienna rhetorically asked, as Giorgia looked to her. "Thankfully, that seems to be the last of them." She spoke with relief.

"Axel, are you alright?" Isaiah asked, noticing how still the werewolf was being. The Erikson looked up, and nodded. "We're out of time, Isaiah." He said sadly.

"What? What do you mean?" Isaiah asked, as Axel went to rush towards his love, but then disappeared right in front of him.

"Where'd he go?" Carmen asked, as they noticed the tomb vampires also beginning to disappear. "Back to wherever they came from, I'm guessing." Sienna spoke up.

Isaiah stood still, staring at the spot where Axel had been standing only moments prior, as a couple of tears rolled down his cheek, as he'd never see his first love again.

━━━━━ ⋆⋅♥︎⋅⋆ ━━━━━

Natasha let out a pained cry, as Bonnie had ended the call, essentially making her decision. "I'm going to rip out that Bennett witch's spine." Rebekah seethed, as she drove faster.

"Mum, Rebekah. Please, just pull over." Katya pleaded, from the backseat. "Please I just... want to spend my last moments with you, and not rushing to this house."

"Are you sure?" Rebekah asked, looking to Katya in the backseat. The younger Petrova nodded, "I'm certain."

With that, they pulled over. Natasha was a sobbing mess, but tried to compose herself as she got out of the car.

Katya and Rebekah exited the vehicle also, as Katya rushed over to hug her mother. Natasha hugged her daughter back, as she sniffled.

"Katya Anne Petrova, you are the best thing that has ever happened to me." The heretic spoke, as both mother and daughter refused to let go of eachother. "I love you more than I thought I could ever love anything."

Tears filled Katya's eyes, as it hurt to have to say goodbye to her mother once again. "I love you too, Mum." Katya assured her. "I love you so much."

Rebekah watched the mother and daughter hold eachother sadly, as tears filled her eyes. She rushed to her girlfriends side when Katya suddenly disappeared, and the older Petrova broke out into a sob.

"She's gone, Bek. She's gone for real this time." Natasha cried, as Rebekah held her. "I'm here, baby." The Mikealson whispered, as Natasha absolutely sobbed in the blonde's arms.

━━━━━ ⋆⋅♥︎⋅⋆ ━━━━━

Sheila appeared beside Bonnie, Lexa and Jeremy. "You are stronger than all of this. I'm so proud of you." She said to Bonnie. Bonnie smiled sadly at her Grams, and shed a few tears before Sheila disappeared before her eyes.

Lexa stepped forward to hug Bonnie, as a tear rolled down her cheek. The Bennett hugged Lexa back, and cried in her arms.

Jeremy watched sadly, and didn't speak until Bonnie and Lexa broke apart minutes later. "Bonnie..."

Bonnie turned to the younger Gilbert. "Just go away, Jeremy." She ordered, still annoyed.

"I owe you an explanation." Jeremy replied, though Bonnie shook her head, "Matt let go of his sister before you let go of Anna. His sister, Jeremy. You know what you owe me? The respect of not making me listen to you explain yourself."

Jeremy frowned, "I am sorry, Bonnie." He spoke, though Bonnie wasn't budging. "You need to go."

"But..."

"Just go, Jeremy."

Alexia frowned, as it hurt to see two people so close to her fight, but she understood why Bonnie was so mad. "I'll see you at home, Jer." Lexa said, before her brother left.

Now alone together, Lexa turned to Bonnie who was approaching the fireplace. She looked surprised to see that after all that the necklace was still perfectly intact.

━━━━━ ⋆⋅♥︎⋅⋆ ━━━━━

After completing the spell, Lexa and Bonnie found themselves at the Salvatore boarding house along with Elena, Brooklyn, Caroline and Damon. Jeremy, Carmen and Giorgia had gone back to the Gilbert household.

"How is Carol?" Lexa asked Caroline, as they blonde replied, "She's okay. Sienna and Allira are watching her." Alexia nodded, relieved to hear that she was alright.

"We should probably head home." Lexa then said to Elena, who nodded. "Yeah. It's been a day. I'll update you on Stefan in the car." Elena insisted as Lexa nodded. "Sounds good to me."

Alexia then turned to Caroline, "Do you want to stay over?" She asked. Caroline was tempted by the offer, but shook her head. "I sorta want to talk to Mum about everything that happened today in the square and make sure that she's alright."

Lexa nodded, understanding. "Okay, say hi for me?" She asked, as Caroline nodded with a smile. "Duh."

The pair then shared a soft, gentle kiss, before Lexa left the house alongside her twin. Caroline watched them leave, before she turned back to Bonnie, Brooke and Damon.

"Where have you been all day?" The Forbes asked Damon, as the Salvatore sighed. "With Alaric and the ghost of Mason Lockwood. We may have found something, but that's for tomorrow." The Salvatore answered, being cryptic.

As they spoke, Bonnie approached Brooklyn. "Hey, how's Stefan?" The Bennett asked, as Brooke sighed. "He's a stubborn one, I'll tell you that." Bonnie nodded, "Yeah... I figured."

"Where's the little one?" Bonnie then asked. "He's asleep. His Uncle Damon is supposed to be keeping an eye on him." The girl said, eyeing her older brother who was choosing to ignore her.

"I um... know I brushed you off the other day... but if the offer is still there, I'd love to get a drink?" Bonnie insisted, as Brooke seemed surprised by this. "I made a decision today and I really need a drink after it." The witch admitted, feeling bad for Natasha.

"Of course." Brooke nodded, before she looked to Damon. "Keep an eye on Bruno. I'll be back soon." She smiled, before herself and the Bennett left.

Caroline soon left too, leaving Damon alone... but not for long as a drunk and miserable Isaiah entered the house.

"Isaiah?" Damon asked, raising an eyebrow. "Hey hotstuff." Isaiah answered, as he stumbled through the entrance of the home.

"Why are you so drunk?" The Salvatore questioned, not seeing the vampire in such a state before. "To help me forget. Sometimes I like to repress memories, and alcohol helps me do that." Isaiah shrugged with nonchalance.

The Mikealson let a few stray tears fall, before he started crying. "I killed him, Damon. I fucking killed him." The vampire stammered.

"You killed who?" Damon asked, growing concerned. Damon stood in of the Mikealson, and put his hands on his waist to steady him.

"I killed the first person I ever loved." Isaiah managed to say, as Damon's eyes widened. The Mikealson was grief stricken, and inconsolable.. especially in such a state.

"Cmon... let's get you to bed." The Salvatore suggested, throwing Isaiah's arm over his shoulders before he lead the vampire towards the hallway. The Mikealson continued to tell Damon about Axel, though a lot of his speech was slurred.

Damon tried leading Isaiah to the guest room that he was staying in, but the original found himself drunkly stumbling to Damon's room. The Salvatore just sighed, as Isaiah was already under the covers, and drifting off to sleep.

Damon approached his bed and laid down, hoping to fall asleep, though he was surprised to find a pair of arms wrap around his waist and hold him close.

The Salvatore blushed at this, but didn't try to wriggle out of Isaiah's embrace. Actually, he just accepted his fate.

━━━━━ ⋆⋅♥︎⋅⋆ ━━━━━

Heartbreak wasn't something new to Natasha Petrova, but it still fucking hurt every single time.

The heretic was inconsolable, as she sat by the falls, just listening to the water fall. She wanted to give into her impulses and go and feed on humans, but she knew her daughter wouldn't want that.

Rebekah had stayed with her girlfriend the entire night, not complaining once. She knew Natasha needed her, even if it was just Rebekah simply being there.

After minutes of silence, Rebekah stepped behind Natasha, and pressed a kiss on her shoulder. "I love you." She said, as the doppelgänger turned around to face the Mikealson. "I love you too."

The blonde held the Bulgarian close, as they didn't speak for several minutes. Natasha just wanted to be held, while she mourned the loss of her daughter for the second time in her life.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9K 302 47
Based on season One of TVD... Four months after the tragic car accident that killed their parents, 17-year-old Elena and Ellie Gilbert and their 15-y...
143K 4.2K 18
[ edited! and finished! ] In this thrilling first book of the series, Caroline Forbes thinks that everything can go back to normal. With her boyfrien...
10K 226 25
I do not own these characters, those rights go to Julie Plec. Caroline was born 3 years after Stefan, was. She is like a sister to Stefan, and Damon...
87.6K 2.9K 14
"𝑰𝒇 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒃𝒂𝒄𝒌, 𝒈𝒐𝒕𝒕𝒂 𝒍𝒆𝒕 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒆" Caroline Elizabeth Marie Forbes was a girl who loved perfection. Being th...