| Fall Of Felicity | Erwin Sm...

By ilovecoffeeXOXO

Every single human to ever come alive in this life has a deck of cards representing the character traits that... More

Before We Start
Dinner
A New Friend
An Unexpected Turn
Two Minds One Dream
Every Fathers Wish
Instructor Rafael Pavlov
Pain
The Devil's Spawn
The Devil's Lair
Eyebrows and Lambchop
Training Day One
Was This A Good Decision
Home
The Outside World
Hand To Hand Combat
Somebody To Love
Goodbye My Friend, Hello Heartache
The Real Marie
Blinded By Beauty
Adeline
Karma?
First Sip
Erwin's Sweet Sixteen
3D Maneuver Gear
Mina (Mike x Nanaba)
Sex and Pain
A Deal With the Devil
Anka Rheinberger and Thomas
Time Is Ticking...
A Sweet Victory
Moo-blit
Blackjack
Graduation
Commander Keith Shadis
First Expedition
The Eagle's Feather
Bianca's Wedding
Forever Mine
The Bitter Truth
The Moon and Stars
A Twisted Truth
Birth
An Exception
Trust
The Pastries
What Happened Now?
Neander
Obtain
Garrison Branch
Life's Full Of Tough Choice's.
I Can Hear The Bells.
October 14th.
Baby Elourea Zacharias.
Mr and Mrs. Dok.
I Don't Dance.
I Want You.
Grandma Smith's Blessing.
The Ring.
A Bitter Truth.
My Prince.
Life And Death.
Elourea's First Birthday.
Street Rat to Survey Corp Rat.
A Talk.
Pleasure
Uh-Oh
Time
Round Two
Dinner Date
I Can't Give Up
Save Me Erwin
Surgery
Justice
Friendship
Shower, Sex and Satisfaction
Jack!?
Black Or White
Young Love
Nature Vs. Nurture
Erwin's Ring
I Do
Love Me Aurora
Pregnant!
Victoria
The Moutain's Top
Commander Pixis
One Night, Two Beginning's
Forever Home
The Fall of Wall Maria
A Compromise
Baby Number One
Long Ago
Repairing an Old Wound
Marriage
Baby Number Two
Goodbye Grandmother
Naive Aurora
Edwin's First Birthday
So Long Jack
Happy Birthday Aurora
Gym Bros
Eustace's First Birthday
Harder Erwin
Authors Note! Important Please Read 🙏🏻

A Broken Man

443 7 11
By ilovecoffeeXOXO

Aurora's POV

After nine months of carrying my baby in the womb, experiencing constant back pain numbing across my lower back feeling as though I was paralyzed, the weight of the baby pushing on my bladder to constantly urinate finally had come to an end. I was able to give the greatest gift any female could perform.

The gift of life, and the greatest blessing of all was there were no complications involved, only pointing out to me that my body was capable to handle the pressur. Bringing me joy knowing I could produce as many little ones as we wanted.

As I sat on my bed feeling as exhausted and drained as a lemon squeezed from the constant pushing for hours, my eyes rested upon the most stunning image I've crossed.

There Erwin sat on the edge of the bed, holding our tiny pumpkin towards his chest wrapped as tightly as a tortilla, Edwin grazing him like a neckless.

Erwin's long face was obliterated from joy. Radiant smile spread across his thin lips while his forehead was nuzzled into our son's like a crown. Brawny shoulders as thick as a tree trunk lowered from elation like throwing a rock into a pond, but the most heartwarming sensation was to see tears stream down Erwin's pale cheeks as majestic as a river.

Gazing upon a magnificent image of my husband and our newborn cuddled together like a puppy and his stuffed animal only caused my lips to form a smile from happiness.

This life is truly beautiful.

I continue to gaze upon the illustration shining upon me like a painting, noticing that my son had his eyes wide open like blinds to reveal his eye color which made me miss a breath from astonishment.

Wow.....his eyes are remarkable....they are white like a diamond, but mixed with blue as peaceful as the moonlight touching water....

This isn't from my side.

That is Erwin's father.

Staring at such beauty barely the size of a squash, I found myself enticed like a horse hearing its masters whistle, scooting myself closer towards the two where I lean my body over Erwin's back like his shadow. I pressed my entire body into his like mushing mash potatoes causing softness to thaw throughout my flesh as warm as a blanket feeling his thick muscles rub against me, then I rested my chin on his collarbone to stare down at the little miracle Erwin so humbly held.

"Erwin." I begin finding myself as mesmerized as though gazing at a forest covered in snow, looking down at Edwin's eyes. "He has your Father's eyes, and I couldn't be anymore happier!" I reply, raising my arms closer to Erwin's abdomen, curling my grip around him like a belt to bring our bodies closer like a sloth on a tree exchanging more heat to be rubbed on my breast.

I'm so happy I could give my love a boy.....

"Aurora." Erwin breathed with a voice as calming as a violin strung, bliss soaked in his voice like a sponge. "He is beautiful, and he is everything I hoped for in a son." he mentioned with a bright smile, refusing to look anywhere but the boy with light blue eyes the color of an icicle

Erwin's forearms held our son with so much love and gentleness as though he was holding a glass vase from the care in his grip, my little teddy bear
was everything a father should behave towards their children.

Full of love and compassion.

Our son Edwin laid in Erwin's clutch as peaceful as lying in a cradle, wrapped in warmth like a burrito allowing his eyes to do all the talking. All I saw were two tiny blue eyes the size of a strawberry repeatedly bounce from Erwin to me as slow as a snail, comprehending the life around him only to brighten my smile from delight, enjoying the moment of silence between my husband and son......until a certain noise ruptured throughout the room like a volcano to disturb the silence.

Hearing all the pitter-patter of footsteps echo through the room like little mice hurrying back to their home, boosted my happiness since their love and support were just as beautiful as Edwin's birth.

"Is it a boy or girl?" chirped Moblit as sweet as a robin singing in the morning, his round face soften will delight to look as fuzzy as a peach though his smile couldn't compare to the sun's energy.

Oh? Who's gonna give the news?

Instantly Erwin and I had drifted our gaze onto one another as blissful as blowing petals off a dandelion making a wish, staring upon a long face vanquished with ease and blue eyes the color of a summer's morning sky to sparkle like a sapphire. I knew exactly what my little teddy bear was thinking.

I raise my hand gliding it towards his long face, to lay my palm against his cheek feeling as soft as a lamb's coat where my smile couldn't leave my lips from staring at him.

"Go ahead, my love." I respond, lifting my lips even further up my face to reveal all my teeth from the joy bubbling inside of me like a bubble bath.

Everything I hoped and dreamed was a reality. A family and more importantly Erwin Smith.

Erwin's face softened with delight looking as smushed as a mushroom, mirroring my actions to expose his large white shiny teeth as stunning as a knight in shining armor, feeling his soft skin slowly disperse from my touch since he had a question to answer.

"We have a son, and his name is Edwin." Erwin announced as captivating as hearing crickets sing on a summer's evening. "Edwin is named after my Father as a tribute for all the sacrifices and ideals he believed in about this world."

Instantly all the faces in the room melted as waxy as a lit candle, eyes glistening with joy while the ladies released a few "Aww" from delight, shuffling forward to crowd Erwin and I as though we were royals, wanting to gawk and admire the new addition to the Smith's.

"Wow his eyes are so stunning!" complimented Nanaba with a voice as delightful as the summer's breeze, while her pink lips gleamed a bright smile full of joy. "They are almost like white but with blue mixed in! Whose side did Edwin take after?"

"My Father had eyes like these, and I think it came from my Grandmother's side since she has them as well." Erwin explained with a voice as sharp as a pen, though glossy and sleek like silk from ease swayed in his tone.

My smile continues to shine across my lips from happiness feeling as lifted like a cloud from all my hard labor to create a beautiful scene where my friends gathered around like penguins to adore the human I've been carrying for so long.

"Congratulations to both of you!" Gelgar praised with a warm smile melting across his face like icing on a cake. "Though I could never see Lynne take care of something so fragile like this." he teased lightly passing a chuckle of amusement. "She like things rough, and there isn't a single soft spot on her."

Lynne immediately raised her brow full of intrigued, though her face started to mold from the attitude rising in her. "I didn't know my roughness was such an issue Gelgar? You never seemed to complain about it before" she teased with spiciness sprayed in her tone, passing a chuckle tickled from their flirty behavior.

I'm so happy those two are still together.....

Gelgar had purposely dragged Lynne closer to him as though she was a stuffed animal, nuzzling his face into her ear to whisper the remaining half of his sentence, leaving Lynne's cheeks to flush as red as a cherry......though another voice had entered the conversation to change the mood.

"Aurora!" blurted Hanji out of the blue, with a voice as shaky as an earthquake forcing all my ease penetrating me to easily be vanished like fog interacting with sunshine as darkness swallowed me like a stork. "There is something I need to say to you.......but in secret." she whimpered as lowly as a puppy whining from stepping on a thorn, dropping her greasy head to the floor where her eyes glued onto the floorboard as her body beings to flatten like bread dough from gloom.

Oh no!!! I hope everything is okay!

Instantly I felt my entire body liquefy from worry like ice cream in the hot sun, concerned about Hanji's mental well-being, I felt as jittery as crickets in a glass jar from the sudden mood change.

"What is it Hanji?" I questioned, extracting myself from Erwin's masculine body, flying closer towards the greasy brunette feeling more anxiety darken my vision like storm clouds on a rainy day, worried about my friend's state.

Hanji kept her head as low as a broken jaw dangling from the very strands of flesh keeping it together, lips sealed and shut as though ducktape was restraining her to speak, and shoulders sunken with sorrow she looked as dreadful as though they were dislocated.

Poor baby, she must feel uncomfortable with everyone here.

I parted my lips open on the verge of asking everyone to be excused and take this conversation upstairs, until Erwin did one better.

"Alright I need everyone out this instance!' declared Erwin with a voice as assertive and engaging as though hearing a gunshot being fired, no one dared to question his motion only reminding me why my little teddy bear was chosen as Commander, compelling his soldiers to trail out of the master bedroom like ants carrying food to their queen.

The only people that remained in the room were myself, Moblit, and Erwin, causing Hanji to release all her worry and doubt on me like I was her therapist.

Hanji flung her dirty, stinky body on me like I was a fresh clean carpet and she was a puppy covered in dirt, though I sensed the distress wallowing her, so I fasten my arms around her lower back like a belt to embrace the two of us into a hug.

"Before coming here, I was called on by a doctor, that Jack is ill and he thinks he's dying." she admitted with a voice as destroyed and broken like a boulder knocking down a house, her tone as weak and drained like a pipe......only indicating me how much she loved Jack

Oh my........I wasn't expecting such news.

Now that I think about it Jack is the same age as Papa.......

I pray Papa's health won't go down.

Hearing her sudden news blow through my ears I was overwhelmed from stun, feeling as paralyzed as though I'd been struck by lightning. All those years of torments and sexual harassment had reappeared in a blink of an eye...... especially how vulnerable and weak I felt towards a demon like him.

I was utterly shocked standing stiff as a piece of cardboard, mindblown from the news though even from all the pain Jack has caused me, Hanji was suffering like an injured kitty and that was enough to tug on my heartstrings and discard how I felt.

Jack did mean something to Hanji because she is torn about it and crying over him.

"Hanji!" I replied feeling my throat thicken from misery like eating a spoonful of sugar to see her in such a stage of grief, tightening my hug around her to express my condolences "I am so sorry."

Everyone remained in complete silence sounding as though we were taking an exam, hearing the greasy brunette sob her misery on my shoulder like a tissue aching my heart in pain because this was a part of life.

Death, and it hurts the most by the ones you loved one.

"Why am I feeling like this, even after everything Jack has put me through......and especially you Aurora." she cried as weak as a bruised apple, hearing loud sniffs echo through the room trying to pick up any loose liquid while her face remained nuzzled into my neck like a scarf.

I know exactly why......

Because I have the same issues with Papa in a different way.

Papa provided me shelter, food, and clothes on my table.....even though he lied to me all my life.

I had removed one of my arms securing our hug like loopholes on a pair of jeans, to slowly start stroking her back, back and forth like a scrub comforting the both of us with our connection.

"Because sometimes our way of love is different in someone else's eyes." I replied only thinking about Papa and how ironic it was I turned the complete opposite of what he expected.

I wonder why I was different than Bianca?
We both grew up in the same household and were taught the same things about life.

Why did she choose to marry for money, while I wanted to marry for love?

But it was our own pure choice who we said yes to. We make choices based on our wants and desires, and what we think it's best, and that comes from our perspective and ideals.

"He is your father Hanji, and one way or another Jack raised you and I'm sure the two of you had things in common to bond....."

Erwin and Moblit both remained standing side by side in silence, eyes bulged with concern as their pupils remained stuck on the two of us like honey, though as saddening it was to see Hanji cry, Edwin was getting a little uncomfortable in Erwin's grip. He started to wiggle and unfold his arms from the blanket like a worm in the dirt causing Papa bear and uncle Moo, to aid and engaged the newborn.

"Possibly." wept Hanji with a voice as fragile and broken as shattered glass., her greasy head as diluted as a yolk started to moisten my neck like a wet washcloth. "But I still have so much resentment towards him.......and yet I feel sorry for him." she replied, slowly lifting her soggy face filled with softness as mushy as mash potatoes, and her brown glasses as thick as a log were fogged and smeared with water like a window after a stormy night.

Awe, Hanji does love Jack, but it's not stronger than her hatred. Death is coming for Jack, and if Hanji still rejects him till his last breath she'll never have another chance to restore what was lost.

Forever feeling guilty for not mending their relationship.

Come to think about it maybe I need to as well. I would be lying to myself if I still had unpleasant feelings towards the man.

"Hanji?" I called, removing my palms around her lower back to grab the frames of her glasses with each palm, withdrawing them from her weakened face as wrinkly as an old apple skin. "Your father is dying, and once he's gone you won't have a second chance to make things right between you two." I begin explaining, rasing the glasses towards the ends of my dress to collide the fabric with the glass using my thumb and index finger to cleanse the stains and smears. "I don't want to tell you to want to do because it's your own pure choice, but I think it's wise for the both of us to make amends with Jack."

Hanji remained in utter silence as though her tongue was stung by a wasp as her brown eyes the color of coffee watched me with stun, only to hear the muffled sounds of Edwin speaking as adorable as a dog's chew toy being squeaked exploring the new world around him and perhaps wanting to communicate with his family.

"I never thought of it like that." Hanji replied, hearing her confidence start to gleam back in her voice as stunning as a golden metal. "I don't want to live the rest of my life hating my dad when I know we could have fixed it." she finished, as well as i cleaning her soggy frames. Handing over her  frames as thick as a pair of goggles for a scientist, where she used her wrist to clean her face like a wipe.

A smile warms my face feeling as pleased and satisfied like my belly was stuffed with all the proper nutrients from a tasty meal. "I also have some feelings I need to address to him, and if you make the choice to go, I would be more than happy to assist you." I asked, reaching my right arm towards her shoulder to nest my palm on her flesh like birdy on a branch. "But if you don't feel like it's the time, then we can wait."

Hanji's face as wrinkled as a prune suddenly begin to lift with ease looking as full as a balloon receiving oxygen, once more throwing her dirty body on me, but the only thing I felt was love being expressed through her hug well knowing how appreciative she was for my comfort.

"I would like that very much Aurora." replied Hanji with serenity soothed in her tone like medicine for a rash, feeling her grip against me tighten squeezing me like an orange to express her gratitude I ended up doing the same.

I'm glad I could help Hanji through the pain, now I just have to work on myself.

As rejoiced as Hanji and I was finding a solution to this problem, instant relief was lifted from my shoulders feeling as though I've grown a pair of wings from bliss.......though my wings were about to be clipped since Papa bear had his blue eyes fasten on my like glue though cold as ice, and pupils transformed into a blizzard from the disapproval bathing in his blood.

"Pardon me, but could Aurora and I have a word?" roughly interrupted Erwin with a tone as mighty as though a bomb had exploded. "Alone......"'

Hmm...this can't be good

Hanji and Moblit immediately both turn to one another like magnets, eyes surging with alarm from their Commander's request, forcing the two soldiers to scatter as quickly as turning on a light in a room filled with insects crawling for life to escape the terminator, leaving me to feel the departure of Hanji's body blow against my skin as harshly as peeling off a scab that's not healed properly.

The door had promptly shut closed locking me in with my husband and son, leaving me to stare at a handsome blonde with a face as solid as marble from tension brewing in his blood, eyes stiffen like cardboard from disapproval, shooting me a glare as terrifying as a hawk about to snatch a little mouse......and I was the mouse.

"Aurora I forbid you to go! You know people don't change!' Erwin declared as hefty as concrete, his tone as rough as gradient though I couldn't lie I found him mildly attractive as smelling cologne well knowing why Erwin had his reason behind his prohibition. Wanting to protect me.

"This is another gamble that Jack is gonna use you like his doll. He has the same intentions the moment he first met you and he'll never change! And especially how weak you are after having the baby." he remarked, with a hint of softness chiseled in his tone like a drill cracking wood.

"I simply won't allow it."

Erwin is just being protective and cautious about me, it's something I always adore how much he loves me and takes care of me.....

I need to put my mind at ease from all the trauma Jack has caused me.

He is dying and I"ll been living with his harassment's since I was fifteen.

That is nine constant years.

"Your probably more right than me on this Erwin, but it's Hanji who we should be thinking about. I'm doing this for her because I love her and care for her as if she were my own!" I pleaded only feeling ease sway through my veins like a river stream because I knew my little teddy bear and he only wants to protect me as much as possible. "Seeing Jack on his death bed may bring some peace to me see him as a human instead of a monster who abused me."

Erwin remained as quiet as though his tongue has been sliced off, only using his blue eyes to stare straight at me with not a single strand of compassion conveyed since little did I know the handsome blonde might need the absolution more than me.

With the two of us lingering in silence sounding as dead as a corpse the tension building between us only tripled like adding gasoline to a fire, causing our little pumpkin to sense the discomfort in the room from daddy and mommy.

Edwin started to fidget and squirm in Erwin's grip looking as helpless as a foal trying to stand on its hooves causing his warm blanket to unravel exposing his naked skin to the cold.

"Wahhhh." weakly cried Edwin in response as delicate as a soap bubble being popped, driving my attention to be focused on aiding my baby as quickly as the snap of your fingers.

Oh no, my pumpkin!!!!

Hearing my baby cry sounding as soft as a kitten meowing instantly made my heart stop from alarm, rushing over towards my two boys as fast as I could searching and scanning his fragile body as tiny as an eggplant longing to help my newborn.....though Papa bear was first to beat me.

Erwin had neatly refolded the blanket concealing our son wrapped as tightly as an omelet, lifting our son closer to his neck where he gently nuzzled Edwin's face into his neck. Comforting Edwin's cries to feel daddy's pulse, and I noticed the gentleness in Erwin's grip on our son that made my heart stop from amazement. Erwin held Edwin as cautious as though holding a crown full of gems about to crown a prince, while his muscular body thick as concrete started to rock back and forth as smoothly as wind chimes dancing in the wind, making me forget why we were heated in the first place.

Oh.....Erwin.

You always know how to protect the ones you love, and I should have known better.

"Erwin my love." I began leaning myself closer towards him causing my breast to collide into his boney elbows though I kept my gaze stuck on his long face filled with intense. "Come with me." I asked forming a smile across my lips, knowing my husband was also my knight in shining armor to protect me."You always make me feel much safer knowing you'll be there with me."

Erwin and I had our eyes locked on each other as though we were tied to a string, even baby Edwin had silenced his blue weeps causing Erwin's rocks to slowly reduced like tugging on reins on a horse.

"Alright, but if Jack is playing another one of his games, I'm not holding back what he deserves." Erwin replied with a voice as fierce as a dragon breathing fire, his tone was as stern as iron, recalling a certain memory to reappear feeling as though it was just yesterday when it happened.

Paul.....and his jaw, but Paul only teased me a few times,  Jack's harassment was for years....not counting after we graduate.

I'm a little scared of what Erwin might do.....but regardless of his actions, I'll smother him with all my love.

And who says I can't start now!

A smile warms my lips like melting chocolate over a fire, I felt relieved the love of my life would aid me like a bandaid, but more importantly, I was pleased with myself that I could help a friend who was suffering.

"Thank you Erwin......it means a lot knowing I have you." I breathed standing on my tippy toes like a toddler trying to look over a counter full of sweets, barely scraping over his chin. "And I promise you once this day is over I'll please your body in any way your desire." I pluck my lips together like a duck, to bestow a kiss of appreciation on his dense chin.  "Besides there won't be a pumpkin growing inside my belly anymore and you get to see a pretty waist spin you around." I playfully teased passing a giggle from excitement, finding myself all ready to indulge in such fantasies.

Erwin's long face slowly started to ease like boiling an egg, eyes as stunning as a sapphire flickered with bliss as though the sun's rays were shining upon him, and his lips as thin as two rose petals pet together formed into a tiny smile full of mischief.

"I never found the roundness of your belly an issue from your pregnancy, but I love you more with a small waist so I can watch your breast jump." he replied with an arrogant smirk though his voice full of alleviation he sounded as soothing as crickets singing, noticing satisfaction started to surge in his face as though he was stung by a bee.

Oh Erwin, I promise I'll always look my best for you.

One Hour Later

Erwin had heroically clarified the issue to everyone and explained our decision, and as wonderful as our friends where they understood and respected our wishes, but before leaving for good every single soul present wanted to hold and kiss the new addition to the Smith family including Mr. Levi Ackerman.

Hanji, Moblit, Erwin, and I all had managed to reach the care center where Jack was staying at to carry out his last days. The whole travel to the apartment center Erwin handsomely carried Edwin as gentle and cautious as holding a bouquet of flowers though the most precious image I witnessed was seeing Erwin peck and smothering our son with tender kisses compelling our son to sing soft giggles from delight, expanding my love even greater for such a gentleman.

Hanji had led the entire expedition like a mama duck. We followed and copied her every footstep, climbing up various sorts of stairs and waddling down a hallway to reach the closed door where the psychotic man named Jack was resting.....

Hanji had inserted her palm onto the door's handle, twisting the knob clockwise to create the satisfying clicking noise to open the room securing the sociopath locked, who singled handly ruined my teenage years.

Hanji swiftly pulled open the door as lightly as a duck shedding its feather, pressuring my heart to escalate as rapidly as a fly, feeling sweat graze down my spine like a snake because all those memories of torture and harassment had reopened just from the unlock of the door.

Hanji bravely entered the room as valiant as a knight looking as fearless as though she was leading an expedition into a suicide forest no fear or hesitation exemplified a single muscle, leaving Erwin to follow her lead just as heroic as though he was her wingman since perhaps Erwin wasn't just protecting me.

The moment the door had unlocked a sudden wave of fear, darkens my clear blue sky clouding up every thought, feeling, and most disturbing restaining my movements since I felt as though I was entering hell itself. My body froze from fear, my heart was thumping as fast as a hummingbird's speed from anxiety, and even my breathing increased feeling as though I had a panic attack since my brain was stuck on one thought.

I can't do this.

Tears begin to form in the corner of my eyes terrified to enter through the door well knowing all those years of torment would come back within a blink, forcing me to pivot my footwork in the other direction until I felt the sweetest sensation comforted my veins. A tender palm as soft as a lamb's coat had inserted its hand into my right hand as gentle as feeling a warm mitten on a cold winter's day.

"Don't be afraid, Aurora.' chirped Moblit as sweet as a little sparrow, his hazel eyes as luscious caramel soften with peace. "I will be with you through every step." he comforted with a tone as blissful as a meadow, his thin lips beam into a smile as glowing as the morning sun all his love had defeated all my fear like a knight to a princess.

Thank you Moblit.

Immediately I was influenced by his warmth, I felt as though Moblit was my sunshine on a gloomy day, pushing my tears to drizzle down each of my eyes from thanks, but more importantly how fortunate I felt knowing Moblit was my friend.

"I love you Moblit." I cried from delight, squeezing his hand in return to express my love and appreciation for him, impacting the both of us to continue this journey while our hands remained locked together like children on the first day of school.

You can do this Aurora.

You have loved ones around you.

Moblit and I swiftly entered the room like a broom, closing the door behind us to trap us in hell since death was lingering in every speck of dust in the room. On the other side of the room hung a huge window taking up the entire wall to peer over the city, while resting below sat a simple bed barely enough room to sleep sidewards where the devil himself was relaxing, but the last item that grabbed my attention was to see a small wooden nightstand resting at his hip to hold up a glass full of water, a half eaten apple and a plate of herbs, medicine, and pills.

If the pills didn't convey death was approaching, the moment my eyes trailed to gaze at the body in the sheets I lost my breath from shock.

There lying flat on his back was my old military instructor, presenting the same features that made the devil lose its horns. Long flowing brown hair the color of dirt neatly slicked back like he had greased it to reach underneath his ears, but I saw grey strips highlighted in his hair looking as though they were extensions to remind me that he was decaying because of time. A thick long scar ran down the right side of his face blemishing into his pale skin looking as molded as mushrooms on a stump, making it look normal. Following down his face he still had his mighty jawline as sharp as a knife, the only new addition on his face was to see his jaw covered in speckles of dark brown hair like the chicken pox scattering underneath his lip to sprout all along his neck indicating his lack of motivation to keep up his appearance.

Those were the markers of how I remembered Jack, but the features that I couldn't recognize transformed him into a man I've never met. Brown eyes as dark as chocolate were softened and mellow like mud in a pond sunken with despair, pupils stoned like a rock filled with hopelessness staring at the other side of the room patiently waiting for the grim reaper to take him away from his misery and his lips as thin as an orange slice remained flat and steady likes ruler, but the most devastating of all was to see his muscles. Starting from his face racing down to his big toe like a mummy all those perky muscles I once knew were as flattened and soggy as bread in water, portraying the lack of strength and looking as dead as a corpse.

Wow.....never would I imagine seeing Jack on his death bed, he's as helpless as me the first day when I met him.

Weak and soft.

Instantly my chest aches with pity feeling as though my heart was pierced with thorns to witness Jack so weakly rest in his bed as helpless as a newborn in his cradle bed but his cradle may as well be his coffin.

Jack barely displed signs of life, his blinks where as slow as a snail and his heart barely kept with rhythm since his chest mildly rose to inhale......but strangely the worn out pair of boots shifted his brown eyes as dark as a bark to land on me like a magnet where our vision becomes one causing goosebumps to scattered all along my forearms sensing there still was a lustful devil resting in him.

Instantly Jack's eyes as mellow as a swamp enlargen with joy to twinkle as bright as a star, and all his weariness squashed on his face like an old prune had evaporated into thin air boosting life back into his bloodstream to glow as bright as a lantern.

"Aurora...." Jack gasped filled with amazement sounding as blown as though he witnessed a shooting star, but his voice was as deep and low as a smoker's. "Come closer sweetheart!" he whispered with a trembling voice as shaky as an earthquake his tone sounded as painful as though his throat was sore and crusty.

I heard Jack's request loud and clear like a gunshot, but it took me a moment to gather myself like collecting flowers to make a bouquet, slowly extending my right foot forward, and inch by inch I was a breath away from the devil.

Here goes.

I had reached the ill man's bedside, staring down at Jack's body resting in the sheets looking as weak and flimsy as a puppet hanging on his last strings, but he had enough strength for his last performance.

Jack slowly raised his palm in the air as fidgety and trembling to look as though he was having a seizure from the weakness in him, slowly floating his hand towards me like a fly where I knew exactly what he wanted.......and I respected his wish.

No matter how much Jack has bruised me, it's best to treat him with love and respect. He is human like everyone else and we all make mistakes, but I can tell he's been through a lot and the only way I believe humans can change for good is through suffering.

Understanding what it's like to struggle to appreciate the small things in life.

If I want to teach my son there is still kindness in the world, I need to give an example.....besides all the trauma that I face I would like to end this.

I insert my palm into his connecting our flesh like a puzzle piece to feel how weak and fragile his body was. His skin was crinkly and creased like a crumbled piece of paper feeling as though I was touching sand how dry his skin was. I barely could feel any sturdiness holding his palm up since the bone holding his frame together was thin and fragile like touching glass, as for function it was only just for mere decoration not for use.....not to mention he was cold as ice.

"Aurora you are even more beautiful than before." he complimented with a voice as deep as a cave, his thin lips slowly started to form into a smile full of peace until his eyes landed on the gold band securing my ring finger.

"But...... you're married?"he questioned sounding as devastated as losing your loved one, his voice as fragile and broken like shattered glass, he had to pause his sentence from gloom......but his body thought otherwise.

Jack quickly removed his palm from my grip as though my hand was covered in slime, rising up from his cozy lying position to sit up straight. He threw his arm to shield his mouth like wearing a mask, heavily coughing into his elbow to sound as dusty and worn out like starting up a century old hair dryer.....it only ached me more to see him this weak.

I know Jack's not gonna like this, but it's the truth.

"Yes I married Erwin, and today I just had a baby." I replied feeling nothing but ease flow through me like the summer's breeze, looking over my shoulder to see an image as breathtaking as the morning sun.

Erwin as strong and tall as an ox demonstrated all the softness and gentleness a baby lamb would possess only influencing more love to burn for my husband. Erwin used his gigantic forearms the size of an ax to clasp together to form the shape of an X, building a nest to allow our little pumpkin to rest. Edwin's head barely the size of an apple nuzzled into daddy's left peck knowing well it was Erwin's heartbeat that was the lullaby to Edwin's slumber. Erwin then was slowly rocked side to side as gracefully as the water splashing against rocks, melting my spine like butter to witness the love rested in my little teddy bear.

Jack's face full of life like a forest in the springtime suddenly tarnished as though a wildfire had started, burning every single ray of hope within him, frowning in disapproval.

"I told you I was the only man that could satisfy you in your life." he puffed like the big bad wolf, sounding as breathless as though he was choking. "I waited for you to come back to me. Why didn't you come?!"

Hearing Jack's sentence blow into my ear instant disgust inflated in me like adding oxygen to a balloon making me feel as repulsed as though I ate a handful of muddy worms, but another part of me realized something beyond the ordinary something which I should have concluded a long time ago.

He's delusional........and sick mentally and physically.

He was in denial about how much I loathed him, instead he thought it was my way of loving him.

I feel sorry for him in a way........but he isn't fully excused from his past, there were countless amount of actions were he was consciously there for.

I'm not afraid of him anymore. He's just a man to me with a lot of mistakes made in his past.

"I don't love you Jack." I replied keeping my vision straight with his, well knowing I was about to burn him to his crisp like a leaf in a fire, because all those years of torment and pain bottled up inside of me were about to be released.

Finally, I had the courage to stand up for myself, but more importantly, I could free myself from his curse.

"You took pleasure from my pain and suffering, harassed me sexually, and bullied me making me feel useless and worthless about myself. You let the love of my life deformed my back and the most disturbing of all was that you wanted my virginity when I was a minor and you were double my age." I spilled like tipping over a cup of tea, though the only thing I felt was relief flow through me. I felt as though dozens of weights were removed from my shoulder's allowing me to finally breathe with no strings attached, but the most pleasing sentence to bring me full closure was about to be released...

"Jack your pedophile, your way of love is sick and twisted.....and you never loved me."

The entire room was as silent as a church mouse sniffing and searching for a piece of cheese, the only face who seemed to gleam a smile was Erwin, well knowing my little teddy bear was supporting me. The rest of us were troubled with unsettlement, looking as unhinged as though dangling off a cliff because we all knew Jack wasn't going down until a fight.

"Aurora I loved you back then, and I still do!" Jack pleaded with a voice as weak and torn like a broken heart, while his body started to perish from anguish looking as torn and ripped like a bone left for a dog to chew and bite.

Hearing Jack's comeback only added more gasoline to my fire, but then I remembered an incident that felt like it happened long ago, but it wasn't since it happened one of the first few months of training.

Hanji and Jack.

That was the day I saw a softer side of Jack, he was torn to fight with his daughter. He was just as soft and weak as a puppy putting his tail in between his legs.

He does have some love in him......

"No Jack......you just loved the idea of me, and how can you love someone when you know nothing about them?" I answered him feeling more relief soothe my head like a warm rag, though Jack was growing more vulnerable from every sentence struck down on him looking as pale as ghost swallowed with gloom.

"Your father would know more about that than me....." he replied as swiftly as a feather, but his voice was achy and torn like a snipped-up shirt with dozens of holes.

Suddenly my entire body stiffen from stunned feeling as though I was dropped underneath a frozen pond leaving my body to freeze to death.......because how could I ignore the facts?

I forgot.......he knew Papa......but how does he know that Papa and Mama had an arranged marriage?

"How do you know that?" I replied finding curiosity to swarm my bloodstream from interest, feeling every single piece of flesh in me itched with madness to know more. "I thought it was common for people to have an arranged marriage, during your time?"

Jack's entire face broadens with amusement like blowing oxygen into a balloon, curling his lips into a grin looking as demonic as though his lips were pinned up with needles, passing a monstrous laugh as terrifying as a titan screaming, making baby Edwin cry in response from his horror.

"Seems like that old bastard would take that secret to the grave than rather tell the truth." he paused to release some dry coughs as rough as granite, though the silence build more suspense in my veins because I had to know more.

Papa and his secrets.........he's full of them.

"What was Papa's secret?" I asked, finding a seat at the end of his bed where his feet rested while the others mirrored my actions finding a chair to take the weight off their ankles.

Jack glimpsed around his surroundings like a hawk at the top of a tree searching for a mouse, taking a moment of silence to think to himself before answering my question.

"If that asshole of a father of yours hasn't told you now, he won't tell you ever. Might as well know before I'm dead." he replied, clearing his throat loudly to sound as loud as a trumpet being blown grasping everyone's attention like a moth to bright light since who doesn't love secrets?

"Before I can tell you, you need to learn the past, where long ago I was once your age filled with life and excitement about this world........" Jack began with a voice as captivating as hearing a fortune tell predict your future, no one dared to interrupt him.

"I was born like every other human brought into this life, except I lost my mother during childbirth. My father raised me on his own but every day he criticized me telling me I was the one who killed his wife, and he never forgave me." he lowered his stare towards the ground for a moment swallowing in agony, though his silence burned my flame hotter to hear the rest of Jack's history.

"Even though my father never loved me, he did teach me how to hunt and kill animals because that was our escape from this life. The master of trying to plan the perfect murder, and the thrill of taking another's life just for the sport of it. It was the only thing I was good at and my father knew that too. I was growing older and there were only so many animals in the forest, and bodies started to collect. We couldn't eat that much meat, and we needed to sell the meat for money....and that is when my father met Mr.Sinclair. Father of Jacob and Grandfather of yours Aurora." he paused raising his brown eyes back onto me, sensing a little more strength in him to finish the story.

"Mr.Sinclair was if not the wealthiest man in the whole city because his business was real estate and marketing. He knew how to sell houses and especially swindle people into paying more than what they needed to pay. Mr.Sinclair and my father made a partnership that if Mr.Sinclair could distribute the meats all along each district he would split the income fifty, forty. They made the deal, and Mr.Sincilar the powerful man he was, was not only fascinated by the thrill of hunting but he wanted to observe how the game is played, and he brought along his son, Jacob. My father and I taught the Sinclairs how to use rifles, snares, rope darts, pistoles and even exposed our strategies and techniques on how to kill, it only intrigued Jacob even more, but it was only a one time ticket to show the Sinclairs how to hunt and Jacob was ambtiouniess to reach my my level. Jacob came up with the idea to make a bargain. In exchange for lessons and pointers, Jacob would pay me ten gold coins every lesson, and I agreed. Our partnership wasn't as formal as our father's instead through business we found a friendship that made me believe this life can be beautiful with the ones you loved. Time went on, and Jacob and I started school and that's when our duo became a trio." Jack paused lifting up his drained smile as weakened like a squeezed up lemon, into a smile full of delight like a bush of wildflowers.

"Jacob and I had found Erica all alone on the playground crying to herself about how some girls picked on her from her being a little more chunkier than average, and from that day forward Jacob and I made a pact to ourselves to never see Erica cry again. After that day the three of us became close and I would have considered us as siblings at that time. From the years of growing up together, I learned so much about Erica. She loved nature and was adventurous about the world around us she even wanted to join the military to fight to live outside these walls."

Mama wanted to join the military!!!?

Why did she never tell me this?

Did Papa force her to keep quiet about her dreams? Papa did tell me he fought with Mama about letting me be drafted......and I had a feeling she was the one who convinced him.

"As time progressed so did your mother, she bloomed into a flower that was beyond compare. She was the most beautiful girl in the whole city and I fell in love with her." Jack focused his stare to be leveled with mine, noticing his brown eyes were as mellow as mud starting to twinkle from the water forming in the corner.

"The day that we turned fifteen Erica was weeks away from signing her name to the military, but her mother became extremely ill and Erica made the decision to take care of her mother instead of getting drafted. It had been weeks of Erica taking care of her mother, and every day that had passed Erica suffered in so much pain, giving up on her dreams. It broke my heart to see her so destroyed, so when the last day approached to sign your name away to the military, I signed my name instead."

Wow......Jack loved Mama so much he would fulfill her dream.

It just shows how much he was in loved with her.

"Erica was so charmed by my gesture, that we got engaged that night before my drafting. We promised each other that when I would return we would get married.........and when that day came, I came back to Erica and Jacob being married already months in......without any explanation." Jack paused, tears streaming down both of his cheeks like a river, pupils as softened as though they had been poked with a thorn.

Oh no.......that's horrible, poor thing.

"The day just kept getting worst. I returned home to go see father but he wasn't alive anymore. He died months before my arrival." Jack lifted his hands towards his face, using his wrist to cleanse his cheeks wiping them against his flesh like a cloth.. "There were claims that my father was losing his mind and he couldn't remember stuff like he used to on his death bed, and since Mr.Sinclair and father never had any formal decree of their agreement everything that my father owned automatically went to Mr.Sinclair because I was gone for so long I couldn't claim what was mine. Weeks had past and Mr.Sinclair too met the same fate as my father though he had enough time and health to pass down everything to his son. Jacob decided to sell Mr.Sinclair's real estate business along with his meat production to another wealthy man of the name Thornton, but Jacob kept my father's position as head hunter and used his title to explore new landmarks."  once again Jack's eyes socket began to puddle with water, dripping down his cheeks as numerously as raindrops on a window.

"I came home to losing the love of my life, and my best friend stole everything from me." Jack softly cried as weak as a lamb, cupping his face with his palms to shield himself while his lips fumbled with sobs of agony.

Witnessing and hearing Jack's reveal about his past only compelled my brain to stop functioning or thinking like an old record disk, feeling as though my brain was stuck by a piece of gum from stun. Every single nerve within me was baffled to comprehend what I heard because everything made sense.

Jack was in love with Mama, that's why he wanted me so much because he was in denial that we were two separate people. All he saw was blonde hair and white skin.....and our softness was probably the most.

I felt the worst hearing how Mama betrayed Jack for Papa that tore me apart how horrible that ways.........but it doesn't make sense why Mama would act like that?

I understood those two were in love, and I can't imagine myself marrying someone else instead of Erwin. Mama always taught me how to follow my heart and always think of others ........it doesn't seem right. I know there is something more than just an arranged marriage between Mama and Papa I just don't know what.

The entire room lurked with silence since everyone's focus was on their ideas and thoughts. All the unquestioned had been answered from the simple tale of the past, but the longer I analyzed Jack the more pain stabbed my heart because all I learned from this tragic story was the life of a broken man and all the struggles he had to face.

Poor Jack..... my family has torn him apart to his very bone........I wish our relationship was different. I would have been there for him more and just listen, and loved him as a friend.

"I am so sorry, Jack" I replied feeling ache throughout my veins as though my bones were smashed by a hammer, tears started to form in the corner of my eyes from guilt only to imagine how difficult Jack's life was...... especially living one without love.

Jack slowly removed his palms away from his face to expose his skin. His long face was solidified into marble even his brown eyes harden like stone to hear such a word escape my lips.......because I could imagine my sympathy wasn't enough.

"I don't need your pity, Aurora. I've lived without it all my life." he spat ruthlessly like a snake biting its prey to shoot out poison, directing his gaze to be focused out the window to avoid my tears. "I just should have known better than to think you were different from your parents. You may have your mother's beauty but you have your father's eyes, and they are the door to your soul which is filled with wickedness."

I can understand why Jack's become this bitter. Life deformed him, and he's messed up, but there is still hope I can heal him even though he's on his last ticks......

I don't think Jack has understood what the true meaning of love is.

Putting someone elses needs above your own.

"I can't apologize for what my parents did in the past, but I want you to know that even though we had our struggles and difficulties.... I would like to start over and give us both the chance to experience a relationship how I believe should have started." I explained finding a smile to be formed across my lips, though Jack's brown eyes as solid as stone remained focused on the window drowning in misery. "A relationship based on true love, the kind of love where you placed their needs above your own and to feel trusted and secure with one another."

Suddenly Hanji had levitated her body across the room arriving at Jack's shoulders, reaching her hand to nest her palm on his shoulder like a little birdy on a branch.

"Aurora is right father, and for what it's worth you made me feel like that all my childhood. I enjoyed spending time with you, talking about the life outside these walls and you made me feel like I could do anything if I put my mind to it." Hanji spoke as calmly as hearing water pour from a faucet, her thin lips slowly curled into a tiny smile full of delight. "I never thanked you for everything you did for me. I just wish you would have trusted me more and told me what was going on. I would have tried to understand instead of leaving you without saying goodbye." she spoke with a voice as soft and fragile as broken glass pain inflicted my veins making me feel as though I was shot by an arrow.

Instantly Jack circled his stare to reach his daughter's where I notice right away more life was blooming inside of him because like he said the eyes are the window to your soul and his pupils were dilated with ease.

"No Hanji, don't apologize you did nothing wrong." he began raising his opposite arm to layer his palm on top of Hanji's like a mitten. "I wanted you to grow and succeed in this life. The moment I laid my eyes on you I knew you were an extraordinary girl the day I found you, and I was certain you will do wonders to help humanity from that brain of yours." he complimented lifting his lips to shine a smile as bright as a lantern. "I am sorry I grew into a monster because of my past, and no matter how difficult it was.......I shouldn't have let it control me."

Hanji released a low sniffle sounding as cute as a little kitten sneezing, flinging herself onto Jack like a blanket, nuzzling her head into Jack's neck like a scarf to release more sobs.

Jack as stiff as a stone slowly began to melt from her touch like a marshmallow over a fire, cuddling his face into Hanji's greasy hair like an egg though he closed his eyelids like blinds, tears dripping from his cheeks as a sign the peace was restored.

Aweee....

Watching a father and daughter lit an old candle soothed my veins from the thought I was capable to help a lost love, making me feel as blissful as though taking a hot bath......though all my delight had disappeared once I heard the most fragile and soft cry to sound as helpless as a lamb.

Edwin my love.

"Waahhh!! Wahhhhh! Waaahhh!!!" softly cried baby Edwin peeping like a little robin, but I heard weakness and fatigue jabbed in his tone sounding as painful as though he ate a jalapeno pepper.

Hmmm this cry sounds different than the one when he was born. He sounds more painful than before and a little more demanding............

Erwin right away shot up from his seat as fast as a rocket, using his beefy arms to rock Edwin back and forth in a motion of a circle, but it only made Edwin sob harder from the waves.

Edwin had broken free from his burrito raising both of his hands in the air to form a fist and extend his fingers repeatedly as a way of trying to communicate what was on his mind.

The longer Edwin cried in distress the more anxiety buffered in Erwin's actions, eyes dilated with worry and his long face agonized with pain to look as dreadful as though his face was burned alive, though this gave me a chance to observe and try to figure out what was wrong with my little pumpkin.

I pieced together why Edwin doesn't want to be comforted since his crying increased the more Erwin rocked him like a boat.....until another clue presented itself making me solve this mystery.

Edwin's lips as tiny as a raspberry started to open and close together in the motion of a door, signaling to me my little pumpkin was hungry.

I'll do anything you want Edwin, to make you happy.

"Darling, our baby is hungry" I called to Erwin, a smile forming on my lips more than delighted to feed my son and to give him the comfort and nourishment my body could provide him.

Erwin had suddenly snapped out from his state of panic responding to my request, carefully transitioning fidgety Edwin like a cricket into my arms to feel my son enclose my forearms as small and delicate as an eggplant through his body continued to twitch like a worm.

Well knowing my son wanted to eat, I quickly shifted all his weight to rest on my left forearm like carrying a basket, having my right arm completely free to loosen my dress, but Edwin continued to squirm and cry in discomfort acting as though he saw a scary clown, he was permitting me to get there.

Aweee my love is hungry, I promise I'll get you your milk.

"Here let me help you Aurora.." Erwin smoothly entered our hussle with a voice relaxing as hearing a fireplace crackle, feeling his massive hands clutch my shoulder blades to gently rotate my body clockwise to face the wall for privacy. He then positioned his hefty body to stand behind me like a shadow protecting me more, where I felt his palm slide down my dress fabric along with my bra strap to expose my left breast where I could provide milk for my loved one.

I knew my body had produced milk for my little one because the moment I pushed Edwin out, I felt liquid rush into my tissues filling every section of my breast like a water balloon The milk expanded my breast to carry milk for my son making me feel light yet heavy like my body was floating on top of water.

'I love you Edwin, with all my heart." I breathed with a smile, gently starting to shift my little pumpkin closer towards my breast, aligning his lips with my nipple to feel instant closure secure my skin like a bracelet where his mouth begin to suck and drink the milk I was capable to provide.

The moment Edwin found my nipple to drink all his cries and weeps instantly vanished like fog in the morning sun. His head the size of a pear remained underneath my breast as his lips continued to drink. My eyes couldn't look anywhere else but the beauty and innocence in my clutch. A baby with skin as white as snow, the size of an eggplant, weighted as soft as a pillow, and eyes the color of an icicle.........it was a gift I was most thankful.

Life.

"Erwin.......he's so beautiful." I cried overwhelm by delight flourishing in me like wildflowers in the spring, staring down at Edwin's eyes full of softness like a cloud I knew my milk was comforting his cries. "How could something so small develop into something so perfect."

Still, I felt Erwin's masculine body secure my backside like a jacket, curling his arms around my waist to slide his hands underneath mine to provide an extra set of arms to hold our son, while I felt his chin rest on top of my head like a crown.

"I'm not sure Aurora., the female body does wonders and all I did was help you conceive him." he began with a smile curled across his lips, keeping one arm still rested underneath mine where his other palm floated towards Edwin's head. "Your body was capable to carry him for nine months......you gave him the gift of life."

Erwin used the tip of his fingers to start stroking Edwin's cheek back and forth in the motion of a sponge cleansing your skin.

"To me that's the biggest miracle ever performed."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15 0 11
Aurora Ackerman, a crucial witness with vital information, finds herself in a precarious situation. Threats loom large, and her safety is paramount a...
134K 5.3K 34
Levi Ackerman; Humanity's strongest he had been told. Nevertheless, everyone has their weaknesses, and for this man, his name was Commander Erwin Smi...
16.4K 555 30
𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐝! [ 𝟐𝐍𝐃 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐓𝐎 "𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐄𝐒- 𝐘𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐈 𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐄𝐑𝐌𝐀𝐍" ] -。.。:∞♡* in which, In this reincarnated...
13.7K 833 74
《Undercover Detective Erwin x Reader》 |Single| ✦•······················•✦•······················•✦ As we head back to the country of Ostani, we follo...