| Fall Of Felicity | Erwin Sm...

By ilovecoffeeXOXO

Every single human to ever come alive in this life has a deck of cards representing the character traits that... More

Before We Start
Dinner
A New Friend
An Unexpected Turn
Two Minds One Dream
Every Fathers Wish
Instructor Rafael Pavlov
Pain
The Devil's Spawn
The Devil's Lair
Eyebrows and Lambchop
Training Day One
Was This A Good Decision
Home
The Outside World
Hand To Hand Combat
Somebody To Love
Goodbye My Friend, Hello Heartache
The Real Marie
Blinded By Beauty
Adeline
Karma?
First Sip
Erwin's Sweet Sixteen
3D Maneuver Gear
Mina (Mike x Nanaba)
Sex and Pain
A Deal With the Devil
Anka Rheinberger and Thomas
Time Is Ticking...
A Sweet Victory
Moo-blit
Blackjack
Graduation
Commander Keith Shadis
First Expedition
The Eagle's Feather
Bianca's Wedding
Forever Mine
The Bitter Truth
The Moon and Stars
A Twisted Truth
Birth
An Exception
Trust
The Pastries
What Happened Now?
Neander
Obtain
Garrison Branch
Life's Full Of Tough Choice's.
I Can Hear The Bells.
October 14th.
Baby Elourea Zacharias.
Mr and Mrs. Dok.
I Don't Dance.
I Want You.
Grandma Smith's Blessing.
The Ring.
A Bitter Truth.
My Prince.
Life And Death.
Elourea's First Birthday.
Street Rat to Survey Corp Rat.
A Talk.
Pleasure
Uh-Oh
Time
Round Two
Dinner Date
I Can't Give Up
Save Me Erwin
Surgery
Justice
Friendship
Shower, Sex and Satisfaction
Jack!?
Black Or White
Young Love
Nature Vs. Nurture
Erwin's Ring
I Do
Love Me Aurora
Pregnant!
Victoria
The Moutain's Top
Commander Pixis
One Night, Two Beginning's
Forever Home
A Compromise
Baby Number One
A Broken Man
Long Ago
Repairing an Old Wound
Marriage
Baby Number Two
Goodbye Grandmother
Naive Aurora
Edwin's First Birthday
So Long Jack
Happy Birthday Aurora
Gym Bros
Eustace's First Birthday
Harder Erwin
Authors Note! Important Please Read 🙏🏻

The Fall of Wall Maria

185 10 5
By ilovecoffeeXOXO

Erwin's POV

The Day Before The Expedition.

"Smith." hollered Commander Shadis his stern voice echoing through the halls like dropping a pencil in the classroom disrupting any current conversation including mine with my fellow soliders discussing about our plans for the upcoming days off. "I need to see you in my office." he declared his coffee brown eyes solidified as fierce as a tiger I knew something large was brewing in my Commander's thoughts.

Hmm.....odd, what could he possibly want?

"Yes sir." I replied, instantly obeying his call like whistling for a horse, separating myself away from the soliders without needing to explain, as Shadis and I began our transition into his office.

It's no secret Shadis and I have our differences in the past and present, and the truth is we don't have any sort of relationship despite business, so during the walk towards his office we lingered in complete silence as though we had received detention in school. Though it gave me the chance to try and figure out what was so urgent.

I suspect Shadis may want to discuss and go over some strategies for this upcoming expedition....but it's a day before the journey....why would he want to discuss battle plans so late in advance.

Needless to say, it might be an evaluation of my performance, or a pointer.

The Commander and I had promptly reached his office as efficiently as a blink of an eye, entering to close the door behind us so that the two of us may discuss our business in a private matter.

Shadis takes a seat at the head of his table, leaving me to accompany the other side of the wood table, giving my full attention and feedback to my Commander.......though I felt a bit apprehensive knowing I'm about to be roasted like a hazelnut over an open fire from all the negative criticisms about my performance, but I tried my best not to allow my weakness to show.

"Now I've called you in here Erwin, because tomorrow we are venturing out of Shiganshina district." he began, his voice full of intenseness he sounded as powerful as a lightning bolt striking the ground, brown eyes solid and fierce as a lion about to attack a gazelle, but little did I know I was the gazelle on his next sentence.

"And we have to discuss Aurora's position."

Hearing my Commander sway my love's name into the conversation, and scanning how serious Shadis was about this meeting I knew this was going to be a disaster because every time Aurora pops up someone loses themselves from her sweetness disregarding their assignment.....and it so happens I'm the most guilty of all.

This is not going to end well.....

"I thought that endorsing Aurora's growth in her new position it would be beneficial for everyone including myself. You would feel less pressured knowing Aurora was under your wing, and your one of the very few men who have tolerance for a generous heart like hers." he calmly explained as soothing as the summer's breeze swaying through the petals of the flowers, raising his right leg to bend it at a thirty-degree angle and resting his foot on his left knee.

"Instead it was the total opposite!" unexpectedly Shadis's entire mood switches as though turning the dial on an oil lamp, to produce outrage of fire sizzled in his tongue. "You lose yourself on that field and dozens of soliders have to pay for your mistake! You act as though her life is the only one that matters, and furthermore, your performance is highly unethical and questionable." he harshly spat, hearing rage erected in his voice sounding as threatening as a wolf growling.

Siting and listening to my Commander scorch me like leaves in a firepit dribbling the bitter truth at me like constantly thumping my head with a hammer, all I could do was blink in return.
I felt rather calm despite most cases when arguing with someone especially when articulating with Shadis since he and I don't agree on many things, but this issue was more severe than I anticipated now because of one factor.

The baby.

Aurora can not fight! What if something happens to her and she gets injured or worst......

The baby will be wounded.

"Sir!" I interrupted shooting out from my seat like a falling star, feeling my heart nearly double its speed like a stallion almost about to burst out from my chest from the fear of Aurora having to experience another painful injury. "Aurora can not fight in this battle!" I simply argued, realizing I'm lacking the logic and support to back up my statement, only to rely on the hope that my Commander would understand how much I'm losing if she comes with us tomorrow.....but sadly I'm not a lucky one.

"Why?" he countered as ruthless as pulling the trigger on an elderly, raising his right brow full of skepticism. " "Because she pregnant, and she's too beautiful to lose?" he snap unpleasantly like hearing a rat trap snatch his prey, recognizing it's gonna take more than a few heartahce words to keep the love of my life safe.

Then again.......are my intentions always the best?

"Sir,  she is carrying another human inside her womb. If you enable her to fight tomorrow there is the possibility two people may die." I reply, feeling my pulse quicken its speed as rapidly as sprinting for my life against a hungry titan

"And what about those dozens of men and women who died from your absence! They had lives as well, why don't they get any excuses?" he countered smoothly like firing a bullet at the head shot making the kill bloodless, but he had spite fueled his tone which only would add more gasoline to this fire since I was just as determined to win to protect the love of my life.

"I can't save everyone regardless of who they were it's impossible , and we all know the bitter truth about this world. The soldiers who are the strongest will thrive while the weaker ones will fall."

Rolling that last sentence off my tongue like a roller flattening out down bread dough, an instant light blub had flickered inside my head causing stun to overwhelm my entire body as though I was made from marble from a certain conclusion.

Mr.Sinclairs words....the words he told me the first day Aurora and I entered the military.

I can't believe I'm quoting him, furthermore agreeing with such a statement.....alas he was right, this cruel world doesn't show mercy nor any light in tunnels unless you are ambitious to grasp what you want.

Shadis sighed rather heavily with distress elevated in his tone, well knowing the truth was always bitter whether it was to a child or an adult.....it sometimes can be the toughest fear we ever face.

"Enough of this nonsense Erwin."  replied Shadi's once more releasing a heavy sigh as I start to noticed from every breath inhaled more of his body slowly melted with ease. Brawny shoulders slumped down like an arch and his brown coffee eyes mellow as a  pillow." As your Commander I am entitled to help improve any situation that I find problematic, and yours happens to be where you can't separate pleasure from business. " his tender gaze lowers to the floor like the temperature of the night's wind, even mildly dropping his head looking as defeated as though his entire soldiers where eaten alive from one battle.

"I would give anything to remotely have what you and Aurora share....." he paused for a brief moment looking as fatigued and drained as an empty bathtub... eyes full of sadness. "But unfortunately not everyone is lucky as you are Erwin." he stated with certainty gleaming back his voice as shining as a golden metal, raising his gaze back up to meet mine, staring at a Commander that wore the same confidence that long ago I had respect for him.

Shadis is a good Commander, but not great enough to succeed beyond average...

But there was one thing I did admire in him. He did care a lot for his soldiers regardless of where you stood or what was your position.

He treated people equally.......

Shadis continued where he left off, only reeling me in more like a fish on a hook from the conversation exchanged.

"I have given you the facts about yourself Erwin. You don't know how to function as a husband and a solider at the same time, you need to disparate yourself from the two. Business is only business, and pleasure is pleasure." he rationally explained with calmness soothed in his tone, only giving me more of a reason to hear his conclusive thoughts.

Listening to my Commander orate to me like a priest and it's followers, I was utterly mind blown from shock feeling as paralyzed as though my spine was ripped out of my skeleton, and it wasn't the truth that was shocking me, it was the next step how to handle this issue.

Commander Shadis is right.....I have no excuse to remark because solemnly he is telling the truth, and the even thicker pill to swallow I've been acting like this ever since I've met Aurora.

Wanting to protect the pretty blonde girl, in exchange for her affection and love....

This has been the sadist part of me.

Seeking out any chance to recuse Aurora when she was helpless to gain love........

I'm possessive and extremely protective over her because I've never grown up with a Mother to understand what it's like to feel a woman's love, full of softness and tenderness.

This is why I resort to such actions of always wanting her to be safe......I'm terrified to lose her.

Now the real issue here is keeping my swan and unborn baby alive.

This can't go on forever, Aurora serving in the Survey Corps since she wants to start a family. I've known this painful truth for quite some time, but I'm been a coward to address it to her simply because of fear.

Aurora has worked so hard, and she was so determined to live outside these walls she joined the Survey Corps and gave her heart in exchange. My swan will be devastated to give up her position, and I'll feel even more miserable to see her cry from the failure of all her hard work gone to waste.

Not once have I felt baffled like starting a puzzle with hundreds of pieces scattered on the table, and an even more troublesome thought it was a question I had formulated, and couldn't find an explanation......until my Commander breathed his last words.

"It's your choice on how you handle your life Erwin, but I want you to know if something ever happens to me or I decide to resign.....I want you to take my place and be the next Commander." he stated as clear as a summer's blue sky, curling his thin lips to form a tiny smile full of delight, even his pupils sparked like champagne from the bliss flowing in him.

"Your the only man I've ever met who is strong and wise enough to lead humanity to salvation."

I know what to do.

The day I become Commander, is the day where I can dismiss her and she'll be forever safe.

The Day of The Expedition

Aurora's POV

Like all expeditions, I get jittery, timid, and my worst sentiment, nervous, so scared in fact I feel like a bundle of nerves restless about the challenges I will have to face. Though that was one side of me, the other half was pumped with excitement and eagerness to get the chance to explore further outside of our only sanctuary in hopes one day we can live like this, and as enthusiastic as I was about to take off on this new journey, my little teddy bear only brushed more unease to infiltrate me causing unease to itch my skin like a rash because Erwin would never say such devastating words unless he meant it.

"Aurora. No matter what happens on that field you are to follow and listen to my every word." he strongly declared his voice as tough and sturdy as iron, I knew his level of seriousness was every ounce of blood in him. "Am I understood?" he proclaimed, slowly turning his long face to greet mine .

His blue eyes hardened like rock, eyebrows narrow and unedge from the lack of emotion, and even all his facial muscles were stiff as though they were numb.

Indicating to me how intense Erwin was.....and he had every right to be.

He's right.....I can't slip up again because this time I will jeopardize not one life....but two.

I nodded my head fully understanding what my Squad Leader wanted from me because he spoke with reason and rationally I couldn't be caught this time.

"Yes, sir." I replied not knowing how grateful I was to place all my faith in the handsome blonde, because once again he saved me and his unborn baby.

Two Hours Later

Never has this branch experienced so many lives lost, and bodies half eaten looking as torn and shredded like a dog's chew toy though instead of salvia bodies were smeared in blood.

The number of survivors where barely twenty or even less for that matter because the number of heads huddle together where countable, but to make matters even worst the only survivors were the Squad Leaders, and a handle full of soldiers who exemplified fearless strength had made it out alive.....the only remaining team in Erwin's squad was Sebastian and myself.

Everyone who was new to the military or where just an average soldier was wiped clean as though brushing your teeth before going to bed, only to leave the horrifying screams and shouts of our comrades, begging to spare them from this misery and live to see another day. Constantly replaying in the back of my head like a broken record player to stab pain and grief as sharp as a knife plunging into my heart......

I was heartbroken I couldn't even save any of those men and women who were ordinary just like me. They all had dreams and wishes like everyone else in this life, and they wanted more than the average since they signed their names away to the military....facing a death more miserable than you could ever imagine.

It just broke me like a shattered vase from the loss of so many lives we had numbered today.

Every life matters despite your strengths and weakness because you never know who can influence you or impact your life in a way you least expected it. Even the most inspiring one of all is that you don't know how much good can come from that person.

As optimistic as I could be, I couldn't even find the slightest ray of sunshine to ease the silence while traveling back to safety because all I could think about was how grateful I was to be alive, and having the love of my life here with me.

I'm not sure I can do this anymore.

The deaths and horrors of people dying right in front of my eyes and every time I blink for just a split second filled with darkness all I see are faces of misery torching up my vision.
I'm traumatized by the screams when there is silence in the room, and the painful spazzing sensations molting in my stomach like I've eaten chloride from all the anxiety and fear.

I can't do this anymore.

If I want to be mentally and physically healthy for this baby.....I need to resgin for good, even if that means giving up my dream and all those years of dedication of hard work to leave it for good.

Instantly pain starts to thicken my throat as though I ate a spoonful of sand, devastated and crushed like a pruney grape well knowing all my hard work was just a waste of time and energy because of the mere fact that can't be changed in me.

I'm weak and soft.

How could I ever be something that I'm not? I've been training since I was fifteen, and there hasn't been much improvement or a spark of strength in me. I'm just a pushover and there is nothing extraordinary in me that could be used to fight for everyone's dream.....

Tears begin to trickle in the corner of my eye like raindrops, slowy forming a puddle to overlap one another, skiding both of my cheeks like a river stream the more my head spun around the thoughts of how pathetic and useless I was to this branch.

Why was I so naive to think I would ever change and be strong like all my friends. I can't overcome my genes no matter how much effort I put. I wasn't gifted with talent.

Suddenly I felt an abrupt thump bang inside my belly remiding as though someone had gently cling together two windchimes, but the bang vibrated through my belly gently like dropping a pebble in the lake, causing instant shock to overcome my senses because the little one growing inside of me had kick my flesh to announce it's life.

The baby.

I may not be special enough to acheive the dream I've been desiring since I was eight, but this baby is just wonderful to achieve.

I'm grateful and blessed to be carrying another human, and that is something I should be happy about.

The rest of my life I will forever be happy with this baby.....let alone Erwin too.

Gloom still seemed to overshadow my shoulders from this disastrous day, because I couldn't even find a sliver of hope in this life to be happy about, but slowly and surely the dream I once had was becoming just a mere memory because I'm living this life for the human growing inside of me, and isn't that something worth wild.

I'm saying goodbye to my childhood dream, and now my dream is to raise a loving family with the one I love most.

The remaining of the alive soliders had entered Shiganshina district, having Commander Shadis bravely ride his stallion forward at the peak of the huddle while the others followed his lead like ducklings.

Shadis's had his head hung low like an earring,  brawny shoulders slumped down with gloom, and his eyes centered on the ground as though he was about to be exiled from his town or even worst executed in public......but it just so happens he would from an elderly lady just as ruined as us.

"MOSES!" screamed an elderly lady sounding as fearful and edgy as though she was about to be slaughtered, pushing her way towards the front where she had met the Commander, wearing a face full of tears and horror stuck her down. "WHERE'S MY SON?"

Slowly the beaten Commander had lifted his head from the ground, his dreary eyes reaching the old woman's face aged with dozens of wrinkles like the insides of a tree log indcating her age though her eyes sagged with gloom.
I couldn't bring myself to watch the next phase.

Shadis didn't say one word to answer the old lady's question sounding as though his lips had been sealed from duct tape, staring over his shoulder towards the few men and woman who survived carrying a wagon full of dismembered parts of human flesh.

The soldiers nodded in reply not having much to add to this dreadful conversation, as one male soldier picked up a rather funky shape of a cloth looking like a large squash to bring it over to the grieving mother where he transferred the cloth into her palms.

The woman had received the unusual cloth, causing her to stand as stiff as a piece of cardboard unsure whether to open it, or keep remained kept the cloth wrapped until the Commander expressed his condolences.

"I'm sorry ma'am." consoled Shadis with a voice as cracked like a shattered mirror, his eyes softening from pain to turn into jello. "He fought bravely."

The old woman missed her breath as her hands scrambled to unfold the cloth to reveal a single arm once connected to Moses Braun.

"NOOOO!!!!" she wept with a voice full of misery she sounded as painful as though her arm was being sawed off causing her to tumble on her knees while clutching the cloth closer to her heart with tears streamed down both her eyes. "HOW COULD YOU DO THIS?" she screamed pausing in between her sentences to pass another wept. "YOU ARE THE COMMANDER, AND EVERYONE SHOULD COME HOME!"

Everyone remained in silence especially Shadis, listening to the older woman cry in agony sounding as destroyed as the whole town was burned at the stake, her sobs only crushed my spirit and made me forget why I was happy in the first place......and it only seemed to go downhill from that.

Dozens of civilians gasp and scream in terror, looking as petrified as a wizard casting a spell to stun them since their eyes spazzed back and forth from the alarm of the incident occurring right behind these very walls....... and to make matters worst it was only the beginning of this nightmare.

A loud thumping noise was echoing all throughout the perimeter sounding as disturbing as hearing dozens of trees fall from its roots, feeling the vibration dance along my skin like the wind causing goosebumps to form all along my forearm. The very ground on which we stood started to rumble and the tiny pebbles trembled back and forth as though an earthquake was erupting. Even our horses started to fidget and squirm as though they ran through a spider web, neighing with panic in their call it only instigated more terror to arise in everyone's eyes.

I felt my horse begin to buck back and forth like I was riding a bull, using his back legs to kick as powerful as a shotgun begin fired while his head teetered back and forth like a seesaw, causing me to tighten my grip around his reins along with using my quads to sustain my balance.

What in the world is happening?

"Woah!" I called hoping to calm my stallion nerves, trying to detain his quirky and rigid movements by stabilizing his reins, but it felt like I was trying to catch a frog. "Easy boy! It's alright!' I once more called, hoping to soothe his nervous energy.......and it did for just a moment.

Once my horse was somewhat neutralized, I finally was able to catch a glimpse at what was causing such a ruckus.

There standing hovered over the concrete wall precisely blocking wall Maria's entrance from the outter side like icing protecting a cake stood the tallest titan that ever existed...and the ugliest for that matter. The titan was completely skinless exposing his muscle tissues pigmented red as a rose, a face full of malice he could be the devil himself, but what made my heart drop to my stomach from alarm was the height this monster was ranging at because of his deadly face toppling over our only protection like a little child picking out a small puppy to come home.

He......he.....he.....is so tall

My entire body froze over as though I was a flower left out in a blizzard. I was so conquered by fear my heart was throbbing as crazy as a heard of stallion stampeding their bodies through a field of grass, causing pain to spazz in my chest and I knew from the speed my heart was pumping at my tissue would rip open from my chest all because of fear swarming me like wasp.

How is this possible?

Again another loud thump was exploded from the titan, and his strike sounded as powerful as hearing molten lava burst from a volcano causing the ground to quiver weakly, houses starting to spazz like seizures and most of terrifying of all was hearing the screams of terror from the lips of the civilians not having the slightest clue what do to.

"Sir, he's trying to breach the wall!" Erwin shouted with a voice as deep and masculine like iron, hastily making his way up to the front to meet the Commander, displaying no sign of weakness nor fear across his long face instead he beamed power and strength. "We must act!"

Shadis was utterly speechless looking as stupefied as though his tongue was sliced off, and his eyeballs looked vulnerable as though they had just been stabbed even his body was slumped with exhaustion looking like a plant lacking water.

"Erwin..."lowly moaned Shadis, sounding as dead as a ghost mourning in a castle. "I can't do this anymore." he cried having painful tears start to pool in the corner of his eyes like a puddle as his lower lip quivered like an earthquake. "Please set me free from my misery......"

Erwin lingered in silence for a moment his blue eyes examining the resigned Commander, while his mind where revolving like a pistol, gathering his thoughts before acting properly since the highest position in this branch has been handed down to him.

"It would be my honor to take your place, sir" replied Erwin with a voice as soothing as violin though his tone was rough like steel from his seriousness. "You are dismissed Keith Shadis, from your position as Commander of the Survey Corps."

Shadis's released a heavy cry sounding as frail and weak as the civilians around, scurrying off as fast as a robin towards the next gate to save his skin, because even he knew our chances of surviving was minimum..

"Listen up!" roared Erwin as mighty and fearless like a tiger. "We need to start warning our civilians to evacuate this area!" he commanded as bravely and valiant as a knight in shining armor. "The moment that titan breaks the barrier.-"

Erwin's encouraging speech was interrupted by the most horrifying nightmare to ever walk across your dreams......the skinless titan had busted open the concrete wall causing mountains of thick rocks to come flying from the entrance like opening a bottle of champagne allowing the fizz to sizzle out, crushing over wall Maria like a roach and the bottom of your shoe......to leave a huge opening to the outside world we so desperately want to be apart of.

Oh my......

Already I was just as spooked as my horses like seeing a tiny mouse, and I was a bundle of nerves from hearing that loud racket being thumped. Seeing my worst nightmare come to life I was a heartbeat away from a panic attack, but there was a reason why Shadis appointed humanity's most brilliant soldier.

He was rational and calm under any circumstances even life or death.

"New plan!" Erwin shouted as mighty as a lightning bolt striking a tree, hearing his handsome voice soothe the disruption of the breach had easily comforted my nerves as though drinking a shot of liquor.

"Mike, Levi. I want the two of you to take seven soldiers each and the rest will remain with me. We will divide into three groups, splitting up to take on as many titans as needed to provide enough time for everyone to evacuate." he commanded with a voice as sharp as the tip of his pen from the reason and logic behind his thinking.

All the tension and nervous energy obstructing me like bees swarming a honeycomb all I could feel was complete fear.....but watching my little teddy bear shine so much strength and courage like the sun, his rays only influenced my motivation to keep going.......even though I felt like a ripped up dog's chew toy, torn from exhaustion.

"Yes, Commander." everyone replied even myself starting to see soldiers equally disperse themselves towards their favorite captain, though I was the last soldier needing to be chosen for a team because to no surprise no captain wanted to choose me....or so I thought.

"Aurora don't go anywhere." strictly ordered Erwin as rough as grinding a rock between your teeth, his stare as intense and fearless like a eagle clawing for a little mouse, which I felt like one. "I have something else in mind for you." he briskly explained, jumping back into his real strategy of a plan having the pressure of every breath wasted was a second of survival.

"My team will control the middle section of the burst to provide a distraction while Levi and Mike will be control of slaying any titan that enters. Mike I want you and your team to control the right side of the break, while Levi will guard the left." he explained still with calmness united in his tone, even hell's worst nightmare couldn't stun our new Commander's dignity.

"Understood?" he assured, confidence and strength glowing in him like a shooting star, he gave everyone a reason to continue to fight and serve up every last ounce of energy....even though all might as well be lost.

"Yes, sir." everyone replied at the same, and not a moment too soon the last remaining soldier of the Survey Corps hustled to fly in the sky, rushing as fast as a hummingbird to fight for the lives of all humanity.

Wow.......Papa always said he's the man that could change history, and I see now.

Erwin was made to be our Commander and lead us to freedom......

"Aurora." roughly called Erwin as firece as a lion roaring, his stare was so intense he was like a grenade exploding in a building. "I want you to stay and help the civilians." he orderly harshly as hard as marble, while his hands swapped out for sharper pair of blades to assist him on his journey.

Truth be told I was utterly exhausted from the last mission, and I was on the verge of confirming to my Commander that I had just used my last straw in the military, but staring into his sky blue eyes full of solemnity I came to rethink everything and the position my teddy bear was in simply because his eyes were the window to his soul, a soul full of ambition he persuaded me without even hesitating.

Erwin needs all the help he can get, and what kind of person I would be to leave him.

One last go before, resigning for good.

"Yes, my Commander." I reply forming my right hand into a fist to stab it over my heart, saluting one of the greatest men to ever exist, as his handsome face passed a nod of approval not wasting another second in this conversation.

Right! My horse.

I forcibly but not too rough use both of my heels to kick the horse's abdomen while at the same time lashed my arms agasint the reins telling my stallion to start moving, and like all horses just being big dogs they listened to my call and started to accelerate forward as my head immediately glances all around spotting any open surface wanting to make sure everyone was evacuating and racing towards the other entrance of the wall.

"Everyone! This way!" I shouted using my reins to continue to command my horse to jog along the open roads of the city, while my arms were used to direct the escape route.

People ages ranging from five to fifity-five, were all shuffling and sprinting with faces of horror painted on their face as though they saw a clown, having various of precious items stuffed in their hands trying to flee from their hometown into Wall Rose.

Never have I felt my stomach sizzle with so much pain, misery started to threaten the rest of my body with aches everywhere, but my stomach was the most nauseous one. Watching the scarred faces of the civilians flee from through homes with tears dripping from their faces like raindrops I felt as though I had drank a gallon of bleach....but the worst possible image was occurring right in front of my eyes.

Down the rows of houses rested like dominos, a large piece of concrete bulldozed over one of the houses, smashing into the building like an arrow piercing through the red dot on the target causing the building to tumble down like taking a piece of fruit from the bottom, weakly crumbling down to the ground joining the dirt where a little boy the age of eight was squashed and pinned down from the housing of the roof looking as helpless as a frog that just been run over by a wheel.

"MOMMY, MARCO HELP!" cried the little boy in pain sounding as fragile and injured as a bunny stepping on a snare, sobbing with fright as his mother and the other little boy the same age as him tried to start lifting the broken roof but alas the roof was smushed by parts of the concrete.

Suddenly I felt my entire body numb with alarm feeling as though I was tasered by a gun from stun overwhelming my senses. My heart stopped in mid motion to see a boy so little being crushed, even my lungs freeze up to see such a heart aching image.

On no! Poor baby!

I have to help!

Quickly I swerve my reins towards the injured little boy, slapping my heels against the stallion's abdomen as hard as I could wanting to ignite my stallion's greatest speed. The horse neighed in response from the sudden transition but he obeyed my command as promptly as snapping your fingers, rushing over towards the little boy in full speed, while feeling my adrenaline fuse my entire body from strength because I couldn't feel an ounce of fear.

I couldn't live with myself knowing if this little boy would die and his life would end because of a demon known as a titan.

He has his whole life ahead of him.

"MOMMY! once again cried the little boy in horror sounding as terrified as though his eyes were stabbed to death, tears streaming down his face like a river while clawing his way against the dirt like a doggie trying to bury a bone.

Promptly I reached the little boy, jumping off my horse to plant my feet on the ground like roots in a tree, sprinting over to the boy as fast as I could, trying to come up with a plan before acting while having the pressure of time ticking in the back of my head like a grenade about to explode.

Again I heard the boy cry in distress as frail and helpless as a bambi, tears continuing to gush from his eyes from fear, only aching my body even more to see a child suffer so miserably.

I need to calm him before I can help him, there is no way he will listen because the poor thing is scared to death.

"Hey there sweetheart." I said, using my eyes to start examining the sticky situation he was trapped in. "I'm gonna get you out of here!" I assured, quickly picking up pieces of the incident like a fallen apple to conclude what was stopping the little boy from escaping.

The little boy was lying flat on his stomach, pinned down from the broken roof tile covering his entire backside while a huge block of concrete nearly a hundred pounds was slamming him down, permitting the boy to wiggle himself out from this death trap.

Cold sweat grazes my spine like a snake on a limb realizing two things about this issue. One, the concrete boulder was heavy as a human body causing an obstacle, and the most fearful issue why this little boy was screaming bloody Mary because that rock may have done more damage than pined him like a sandwich.

Oh no......I have to try!

"Okay I have an idea." I announced feeling my heart escalate from the pressure I was placed under, looking over to his mother and the other little boy called Marco. "I am going to try and lift the roof up. Mama can you pull out your son?"

The mother nodded her head with understanding while wiping her tears dry with her palms from relief to have some help, already prepping herself to follow my request, squatting to his level.

"Yes, ma'am I can." she replied with a voice as shaky as teeth clattering together, while both of her hands gripped the little boy's wrist and started to whisper and comfort him.

Quickly I start to assemble myself into place, scanning and searching for a good area to secure my balance while my body lifted the heavy concrete.

"Can I help you lift it up, ma'am?" asked the other little boy as gentle and soft as a flower I mistakingly thought he was a little girl, causing me to glance at the child for a quick second.

The little boy looked as precious and innocent as any child, but even at such a young age he released such a sweet vibe radaiting from his smile he reminded me of a special soldier......even his light brown eyes the color of caramel resembled the humble man. If we weren't under pressure fighting for our lives I would have cuddled him like a little bunny rabbit how sweet he was looking at me with his gentle eyes.

"That would be most helpful sir." I responded finding a tiny smile to form across my lips seeing the courage and loyalty sparkling in his luscious brown eyes.

The little boy nodded rushing over towards the opposite side of me, where neither one of us wasted any more time crouching down to the ground while our hands grasped the rims of the broken rooftop prepared for the next step.

"On the count of three, we lift.......one.....two....three!" I breathed, forcing every ounce of strength in me to uphold this bulky piece of concrete feeling my muscles grind together like opening a walnut shell, and the higher I raised the rooftop from the ground automatically I start to feel my hands grow numb from all the pressure contained in one single lift.

Quickly the mother yanked her son out from underneath the sheltered area, hastily pulling his entire body to skid the ground where more cries where released but the moment he was free she yanked him into a loving hug nuzzling her face into his neck, indicating to me and my little solider or stunt was done. Instantly dropping the heavy weight as quickly as a breath, to feel my heart escalate like crazily as though I finished climbing up a flight of rigid stairs.

"Jean my baby." she cried tears gushing from her eyes like tipping over a pail of water, releasing heavy sobs with every breath. "Are you hurt?"

The little boy named Jean too mirrored his mother's action, cuddling his frightful face full of tears into her neck like a scarf, noticing some slight movements of his feet and quads twitching telling me there was no injury.

Oh thank goodness.

"No mama." he cried with a voice as shattered as broken glass, instantly feeling as though hundreds of weights had been lifted from my shoulder from relief of him not being harmed

The concrete was just pinning him down. That's good he has no fatal injury.

Again the ground rumbled as though a stampede of charging stallions were running through the town, only reminding me how limited our time was in the suicide area.

"Ma'am, please we must hurry! Children we must go!" I urged, starting to heed my back towards my stallion until I felt softness enclose my left palm like a mitten creating heat to warmth my skin, which resulted me to miss a heartbeat from stun.

The little boy named Marco had inserted his tiny palm into my hand the size of a little apple. Hazel brown eyes swallowed with fear, while a pool of tears formed in the corner of his eyes from terror, it was as though looking into the mirror from his fear.

"I'm scared." he cried with a voice as shaky as an earthquake, his lower lip trembled from fear, seeing the boy in this current state of shock a flash back had occurred across my very eyes.

Seeing a little blonde girl entering the military who was petrified to try anything new or scared to fail, but luckily I had a handsome blonde to guide me along the way, learning how to defeat my weakness.

My smile brightens impacted by his sweetness, I squeeze his hand as comfort pulling his body closer towards my hip enclosing him into a side hug. "Don't be sweetheart. I will stay with you until your safe."

The little boy cried in return, nuzzling his weary body into mine to feel more softness sink into my flesh from his body, only allowing him a few more seconds to cope with the trauma because our time was counting down and every second could make a difference between life or death.

Once the little ones had their fear comforted by a loving hug, the four of us all started to sprint our way as fast as we could toward Wall Rose not even daring to look back.....but the warmest sensation keeping my enthusiasm lofty was holding little Marco's palm as tiny as a newborn kitten all way towards Wall Rose.....even my horse followed us like a little duckling well knowing danger was present.

Promptly we had all reached the entrance of Wall Rose still having numerous amounts of people still fleeing the area while screaming like monkeys from fear, wearing expressions as desperate and helpless as a fly trying to escape the inside of your home.

Okay...they are saved, now I have to make sure the others as well.

"You guys should be alright from here. If you follow the crowd some Garrison soldiers will help you into safety." I stated well knowing my job was completed, slipping my hand away from little Marco searching for my noble stallion to enter back on the battlefield, but once again I felt softness heat my flesh like a heating pad, but this time it was radiating starting at my hip all the way day to my ankle.

"You said you would stay with us until we were safe." cried Marco with a voice as helpless and fragile as a newborn exiting the womb of his mother, his entire body latched onto me like a koala bear on a tree.. "Please don't leave me."

My heart ached with pain feeling as though dozens of knives had been thrown at me like darts pinning into a target board, seeing the little boy so fearful and scared only developed more feelings to sprout for him....

Poor thing.

I carefully begin to remove his weary body from me feeling as though he was in the middle of his REM cycle from his drowsy self, inserting both of my palms to connect with his like a puzzle piece and crouching down to his level.
A little boy with light brown freckles spotted on his face as though a paintbrush had poked his cheeks, and his hazel brown eyes were puffy like whipped cream and red like a rose only making him sweeter like chocolate.

'Marco." I begin lifting a smile to shine across my lips to see such purity and sweetness sparkling in this little boy's light brown eyes. "Do you see this symbol on my jacket?" I asked eyeing the overlapping wings that rested above my left breast. "It's a symbol of freedom, and if we keep fighting, all our dreams will come true." I mentioned tightening my grip around his palm to embrace every ounce of chub on this precious child feeling like squeezing bread dough from his chunky self . "You just have to trust me."

Marco's face was as soft as a marshmallow defeated by fear and worry mushed in his muscles, as heartbreaking tears continued to stream down his face like a river making his appearance even more precious to see a loving heart rested in him.

Suddenly the small boy threw himself on me like a blanket feeling more warmth cozy me like a firepit in the winter, nuzzling and cuddling into my neck like a scarf.

"I do trust you, with all my heart. Just promise me you'll come back?" he painfully wept in every breath, feeling his tears splash onto my neck causing goosebumps to trail my forearm from the shock of how much love this little boy had.

He is so sweet....he needs to know how special he is.

Impacted by Marco's love I found myself melted from passion feeling like I was ice cream drizzling down a cone from the heat, wrapping my arms around his tiny self to lean my face closer towards his face.

"I promise, sweetheart. Just never give up on me." I breathed pressing my lips into his tender cheek to bestow a loving kiss, comforting the both of us.

Marco and I remained embedded into our warm hug as melted and sticky like a marshmallow's trying to make smores, both appreciating the support and love we were receiving off one another.......but I knew what was at stake here, and I only had so little time to save other lost boys as well.

Slowly I removed myself from the weeping boy only to see a trail of tears pour from each of his hazel eyes like raindrops, tugging on my heart strings to comfort his fear.

Once I had separated myself completely from him, I hunch myself down to his level bestowing one last kiss against his forehead feeling his softness rub into me......and I could feel the positive energy start to rise in me from the love exchanged between us.

This boy will make a difference in people's lives because he is kind and sweet.

After biding one last goodbye to the family, I transition myself back towards the battlefield, leaping onto my stallion's back and racing back into the suicide land were a pair of two eyes refused to move, stuck on me like honey since perhaps two brothers of the name Marco and Jean will sign their hearts to a worthy cause.

My stallion was charging at full speed forcing the wind to dance along my skin, as my eyes searched and scan the rows of concrete houses wanting to glimpse and make sure everyone had safely evacuated into Wall Rose.

Starting at an empty ghost town with several houses fallen like a game of Jenga an instant wave of relief overturned me, removing any weight of stress off my chest well knowing it was safe to return.

As I started to swerve the reins on my horse to head back the way I came, there was a demonic titan blocking my entrance wearing a face full of intrigue, drool strained down from the corner of his mouth like a spider web, and his eyes dilated with hunger to see a delicious slab of meat ready to take a bite out of.

I felt my entire body freeze from fear, my heart stopped beating in mid motion, my lungs were incapable to circulate oxygen and my bones started to tremble as though I was left naked in the cold blizzard.

I was spotted by satan's spawn.

Oh no!

Hurriedly I twist the reins of my stallion towards the other direction, hoping I could escape my way out and circle around the village back into the entrance of Wall Rose like a mouse running from a cat.....but alas I met the same fate on the other side.

I was trapped by two demonic titans like a game of monkey in the middle though in this game we don't switch our turns. Instead, I was going to face death from the hunger thirsting in their eyes like savages

No no no!!!

I was completely trapped in the corner like a mouse. One side I was fully blocked from the concrete walls and any other possible entrance was permitted by a titan's gigantic foot blocking any street down along the houses, and since these two demons were not the tallest bunch of titans, speed was their gold card.

At the same time both of the titans lunged forward trying to catch a frisbee thrusting their disgusting palm at me like picking up a flower, and since my horse was spooked out from the constant slams of titan's feet he was bucking and spazzing out like a scared bull and I couldn't jump off because I would be chomped on.

Anxiety easily overwhelms my senses like a dark cloud in a clear blue sky from the position I was trapped in. I couldn't think nor act on how to escape this issue because all I saw was darkness blinding me from every angle....and it only seemed to get worst.

Suddenly I felt my entire upper body shoulders, back, and abdomen being suffocated like a straitjacket from the monster's grip on me, every single nerve fiber in me was paralyzed from fear I couldn't move a single twitch, my brain was the most fried like a chicken because the trauma I've experienced today with the deaths of so many and the screams of death...I was in a nightmare.

I'm sorry my love.....I have failed you.

This is the end.

Being as fried as a circuit I couldn't move from fear dominating my every move and thought, my body was being lifted closer and closer towards the titan's mouth like taking a sip of water...until the other spawn of satan was too impatient to obtain his snack.

The other titan pounced his mouth closer to my face, staring into the entrance of death itself with ginormous white teeth the size of rocks about to snatch me whole like a cookie with slimy saliva trickling down his lip eager for his treat.......but the other thing I felt that was forced, yanking on the back of my head like someone tugging on my ponytail......but this yank tugged too hard on my scale chomping off my long ponytail like a pair of scissors where snipped.

Unexpectedly the head of the titan that chewed off my pony tail had released hot air from it's neck indicating a kill was performed. Slowly the head of the beast begins to roll off its neck like a ball down a hill snapping off like a rubber band to force the rest of his body to tumble forward from defeat.

What?

In a blink of an eye the hands clasped around me like picking a flower had loosened against me like peeling open the skin of a banana making me feel as light and airy as the breeze from the separation, but gravity started to take it's toll on me. The weight of the ground started to pull me down like a magnet descending down like dropping a coin freefalling in the air.........though a lovely surprise awaited.

I felt my lower back and knees being griped sturdy to feel a brawny body rest against me, Erwin had heroically caught my fall, holding me up bridal style as he used his gas to flee the scene as quickly as a hummingbird, speeding off towards our only safety back into Wall Rose were I was able to catch a glimpse of Erwin's little helper.

Raven's head had bravely slain the first titan as effortlessly as taking a step forward, he zoomed off from the first titan to strongly slice his swords into the neck of the other beast, defeating him within seconds to allow a clear path for Erwin and I to escape.

Levi is helping Erwin?

Erwin had rushed into Wall Rose as fast as a hummingbird, securing both of us into safety, to hide behind a nearby house to allow us some privacy from the townspeople's sobs echoing and the ruckus of titans rumbling in the perimeter......or so we thought we were in private.

From the whole transition of being nearly eaten alive one second, to be recused by humanity's most brilliant solider my heart was skyrocketed from pressure thumping my chest like crazy. I was moments away from a heart attack, but there was one thought that kept me sane and mental.

This is the end of my time in the Survey Corps.

"Aurora, I don't have time to explain.-" Erwin began to explain, towering over me like a building, but I could find the attention to focus on my lover's speech because all my thoughts were drowned with pain and suffering I couldn't think straight.....and I knew my time was up.

I'm not strong enough to keep fighting with this trauma, and the number of times I've put the love of my life in danger....I can't do this to him anymore.

Always I wanted him to succeed, and thrive with greatness, but I realize he needs to do this alone.

My new dream is to start a family with him.
If I want this baby to have a loving and mentally healthy mother, I need to resign.

This is goodbye......

"Erwin, my love." I began, feeling my heart slowly begin to neutralize from Erwin's presence, though tears started to stream down my face like a river, well knowing this was the end of my era and my childhood dream."I can't do this anymore." I cried, looking up into his long face full of seriousness...but even in the worst possible situation Erwin's sky blue always twinkled with calmness.

Staring at his long face full of stability, peace soothed me like taking a hot bath, leaving my lips to shine a smile feeling a little joyful, well knowing this decision was best for everyone.

I love him with all my heart......I just want the best for him.

"It's time for me to resign from my childhood dream and focus on the one with our family in it. I am placing all my trust and faith in you Erwin Smith that I know however you decide to rewrite history...it would be legendary." more tears continued to gush down from my eyes like raindrops, though my tears were shed because I knew Erwin would accomplish great things from his ambition.

"It's one of the reasons why I fell in love with you Erwin." I wepted, still beaming a smile grateful to be with the love of my life. "When you want something.....you'll fight for it."

Suddenly Erwin's entire face softens from bliss, thick blonde eyebrows sunken like rocks in the sand, dazzling blue eyes slumped with awe.....and there was only so much you can express with words.

Erwin lowered himself to my level, where I felt his brawny arms fasten behind my back like a belt to lean both of us forward, drifting closer to feel his tender lips embrace mine as softly as stroking a flower's petal. Blooming more love to burn for my husband.

With our lips sealed and smushed together like an envelope our eyelids automatically roll down like closing a blind, expressing more of our love through our lips to continue to rub and against one another trying to start a fire.

Though we weren't in private two little brothers, watched the whole scene with the Commander and his wife only inspiring them with life.....and a heavy blush occupied their cheeks since more kisses were released.

After expressing all our sadness, worry, and happiness through our lips Erwin and both removed our lips to transition our bodies into a tender hug where he breathed one sentence to forever change the opinion of the little's boys mindset and ignite more love to flourish in me.

"Then promise me my love, don't stop fighting for the family we dreamed of having.......You are my everything Aurora."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

422K 12.3K 80
SEQUEL IS OUT Fourteen years ago, before the fall of Wall Maria, Levi Ackerman joined the Survey Corps. Possessing the strength equal to a single bri...
7.7K 392 20
Erwin Smith & Y/N grew up down the street from each other in Wall Rose. You enjoyed his company as children, far more than you cared to admit, but he...
162K 5.1K 31
❝ 𝐢𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐫𝐮𝐧 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐦𝐞, 𝐈 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐩𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐮𝐞 ❞ 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐃! 𝐘𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐞! 𝐌𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐞! 𝐋𝐞𝐯𝐢 𝐀𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐫...
15 0 11
Aurora Ackerman, a crucial witness with vital information, finds herself in a precarious situation. Threats loom large, and her safety is paramount a...