| Fall Of Felicity | Erwin Sm...

By ilovecoffeeXOXO

Every single human to ever come alive in this life has a deck of cards representing the character traits that... More

Before We Start
Dinner
A New Friend
An Unexpected Turn
Two Minds One Dream
Every Fathers Wish
Instructor Rafael Pavlov
Pain
The Devil's Spawn
The Devil's Lair
Eyebrows and Lambchop
Training Day One
Was This A Good Decision
Home
The Outside World
Hand To Hand Combat
Somebody To Love
Goodbye My Friend, Hello Heartache
The Real Marie
Blinded By Beauty
Adeline
Karma?
First Sip
Erwin's Sweet Sixteen
3D Maneuver Gear
Mina (Mike x Nanaba)
Sex and Pain
A Deal With the Devil
Anka Rheinberger and Thomas
Time Is Ticking...
A Sweet Victory
Moo-blit
Blackjack
Graduation
Commander Keith Shadis
First Expedition
The Eagle's Feather
Bianca's Wedding
Forever Mine
The Bitter Truth
The Moon and Stars
A Twisted Truth
Birth
An Exception
Trust
The Pastries
What Happened Now?
Neander
Obtain
Garrison Branch
Life's Full Of Tough Choice's.
I Can Hear The Bells.
October 14th.
Baby Elourea Zacharias.
Mr and Mrs. Dok.
I Don't Dance.
I Want You.
Grandma Smith's Blessing.
The Ring.
A Bitter Truth.
My Prince.
Life And Death.
Elourea's First Birthday.
A Talk.
Pleasure
Uh-Oh
Time
Round Two
Dinner Date
I Can't Give Up
Save Me Erwin
Surgery
Justice
Friendship
Shower, Sex and Satisfaction
Jack!?
Black Or White
Young Love
Nature Vs. Nurture
Erwin's Ring
I Do
Love Me Aurora
Pregnant!
Victoria
The Moutain's Top
Commander Pixis
One Night, Two Beginning's
Forever Home
The Fall of Wall Maria
A Compromise
Baby Number One
A Broken Man
Long Ago
Repairing an Old Wound
Marriage
Baby Number Two
Goodbye Grandmother
Naive Aurora
Edwin's First Birthday
So Long Jack
Happy Birthday Aurora
Gym Bros
Eustace's First Birthday
Harder Erwin
Authors Note! Important Please Read 🙏🏻

Street Rat to Survey Corp Rat.

932 37 22
By ilovecoffeeXOXO

Erwin's POV

Elourea's first birthday was not only about celebrating the anniversary of her existence, but it was a day that everyone came together to celebrate and congratulate Mike and Nanaba's establishment of a home.

At first, I wasn't sure with myself if I could have participated in this extraordinary event due to the circumstances that I'm always stacked with paperwork which is never ending...but surely there was a gap, and once again it was because of Aurora.

Though this moment of awareness had sparked when I was passed out on a lounge chair in the conference room and wasn't fully at her disposal, it was the evidence that was left behind for me to piece together a story.

Her perfume was lingering around the area which consists of wildflowers, my forehead was sealed by a kiss that was stained with pink lipstick, and sadly enough there were single drops of water splashed on the floor...

I knew who had visited me and what was her motive, needless to say Aurora has been trying for weeks to sit me down and discuss our wedding date, but truth be told the wedding plans were on my last thought. I would much prefer to give my attention and energy to my branch, but after the traces of tears that were caused by her sadness, it made me realize and understand that our wedding is something that needs to be done together...and because of my position I was incapable to focus on the things that matter most, instead I neglect everything that I hold dear.

That's when I told myself I need to take a break.....

Once again because of Aurora's love and devotion I was able to find peace and serenity throughout this evening.

As the night progressed though, the females decided to sit down and catch up on life as the men dived right into a ruthless game of poker, showing no mercy or sympathy towards one another.

I have to say when entering this gambling game I predicted my chances of winning to be higher than the average person given my intelligence is far beyond compare.....but unfortunately this game requires minimum strategy and the facts that are is this game relies upon the luck of the draw.

When the cards are dealt by the dealer it's an unlikely chance of obtaining matching pairs or sets from one hand since the cards are shuffled multiple times and are disturbed randomly.

Most of the hands I was dealt consist of random faces or numbers, nothing that would promote any sort of higher rank, but through the chances of gambling, I managed to create some unique cards which automatically boosted my confidence and ego to persist further.

Once we all finish rising the stakes through the chips, we all unfold our hands revealing our winnings.

I glowed with triumph folding my cards over because I managed to create a straight flush with barely anything to begin with, but Moblit Berner seemed to ruin my moment of glory by thrusting a hand of a royal flush.....

Oddly enough, before we started the gambling game once again Moblit was taught the instructions beforehand....

Every time I founded a hint of satisfaction in my cards, my ass kept getting blue balled by an egg head, so once I had my fair shares of losing I decided to pass the next few rounds allowing myself the opportunity to observe everyone else and their poker faces.

At first, I was interested in trying to recognize a bluffing face from the men surrounding me, but a far more alluring image caught my eyes.

A pretty blonde girl with blonde straight hair smiling so radiantly down at the little birthday girl who was clutched to her hip and was embraced by her right arm lovingly.

Aurora and Elourea....

My mind immediately started to drift away like a boat floating in the sea, because it's such a pleasure just to be able to watch Aurora's beauty from afar as well as observing her interaction with children.

Elourea the adorable one-year-old she was, had her tiny palms tangled in Aurora's sunshine golden hair, twirling her hair gently as though her hair was silk. Once her fingers reached her ends, Aurora's golden locks would fall gracefully fall down to her lower spine reminding me of a river stream flowing down a mountain.

The more I watched Aurora smiled so beautifully and her gentle behavior towards Elourea the more my head kept running wild about the future.

I know Aurora's viewpoint on children, and my intentions are similar on my behalf. We both are anxious and excited to be able to create life, but seeing I'm given the chance to observe my future wife interacting with a child is an opportunity I'm rather fond to watch.

To learn and observe what the future will hold.

My entire focus was directed at the two of them, purposely muting everyone around me to give my undivided attention towards Aurora and Elourea..... but secretly I was madly curious how Aurora would behave and handle Elourea which would give me an idea of the future.

"Elourea honey, whose this handsome fellow?" asked Aurora with a cheery smile, slowly bending down to grab a fluffy stuffed brown bear with eyes as luscious as caramel.

Instantly my attention turnstowards the pretty blonde, feeling my veins tingle with interest desperately wanting to experience a hint of my future.

Aurora managed to hold Elourea close to her body, and with her free hand she had grabbed the animal and rose back to her feet still glowing a bright optimistic smile.

Elourea immediately heard Aurora's question, and once her pale blue eyes caught a glimpse of her furry friend her eyes lit up like a firefly.

"C-C-Ches-s-s-s." fumbled Elourea plucking her lips together to finish her sentence. "N-n-n-u--t."

She finished introducing her furry friend and then gently gripped her hands around the adorable brown bear to sweetly bring the soft animal close to her chest.

Aurora's entire face glowed like a lantern from her response, exposing a smile as wide as a watermelon across her delicate lips, green eyes shimmering like an emerald only finding myself drawn to her beauty....

"Oh my goodness." she giggled with rosy cheeks. "Is it a girl or boy?" she asked her voice as creamya pudding I just wanted to eat her how sweet she was.

"Gorl." she replied nuzzling her chubby cheeks into Chestnut's chest with her arms gripped around her neck.

Aurora still beamed a smile as bright as the morning sun filled with so much happiness and excitement, it was relishing to see her interact with the baby....

Watching how Elourea acted so adorably as the bear in her arms caused a smile to spread along my lips, but being able to witness Aurora'sad her sweetness to a tiny human I wish I could capture this moment forever.

Watching Aurora gently interact with Elourea has proven to me, that she has the most fundamental quality in a mother. Patience and love, qualities such that our children will love and adore her for it.

The longer I stared into her that angelic face of hers beaming a smile as gorgeous as a chandelier, the more thoughts skipped across my head analyzing her  personality.

I noticed throughout the conversation Aurora had mildly changed her voice level, but still remained genuine and joyful like herself, but that wasn't entirely mystifying me....it was her eyes.

Her enchanting green eyes are so mesmerized like an emerald looking at Elourea, it is as though she was infused with a needle of happiness. It's a similar look when her eyes met mine, but she posses more enthusiasm than I've ever seen before.

The only explanation I can reason with is that she finds true happiness with children...and that is such a beautiful gift.

The moment I concluded this I felt my arteries clogged from shock enabling me to breathe as though my blood thickened like concrete.

She is going to be such a wonderful mother....I just can not wait.

From the realization my lips form into a smile because there is another reason exciting me to start my life with the woman across the room.

"Elourea sweetie, did you know your auntie Aurora met a baby bear in the forest?" Aurora mentioned with a voice as beautiful as a harp though her tone was coated with sugar. "But I met a black bear, and this black bear was the size of you!"

Noticing Aurora had started the conversation back up again I immediately ignore all the instant shock cells commanding my body to transform all my senses into my best-known trait.

Curiosity.

Aurora's round face expressed a playful look, eyebrows rose with shock nearly touching her forehead, eyes expanded as large as a soccer ball juiced with excitement while her lips as fluffy as a peach gasped from shock trying to make Elourea interested and amazed that an animal was the size of her.

Elourea's pupils eyes widen from astonishment even sparkling like mineral water as her tiny palms the size of a gold ball brought Chestnut closer to her neck.

Watching those two interact so peacefully, I suddenly start to feel my heart rip out from my veins disintegrating to the bottom of my stomach from attraction and amazement I was utterly speechless.

Just being able to sit and observe Aurora interact with a mini human brings me one of many greatest pleasures I could ever ask her for.

"Wow..." gasped Elourea her pale blue eyes twinkling like the stars above from amazement.

Aurora nodded her head like a bobble head in agreement, shining a bright smile across her delicate lips to look as breath taking as a sky full of stars."And do you know where bears live Elourea?"

Elourea shook her head indicating a flat no, as her short blonde hair the color of wheat swooshed back and forth as elegantly as a cloud in the summers sky.

"They live in deep dark caves!" Aurora said with her tone slightly raised reminding me of a kitten meow. "And sometimes you can find them living in the mountains!'

Elourea gasped from the striking news, but her eyes glittered like magic finding it fascinating.

"Daddy!" shouted Elourea with a bright smile, looking directly at Mike.

Mike's eyes instantly fell on his daughter as aligned as a snipper since his named had been called, attracting him like a horse hearing his master's call.

"Chessy home is mou-tain."she giggled happily as hearing a music box play its tune, raising Chestnut the bear high towards the ceiling to explain more of a mountain.

Mike's lips as thin as a a slice of bread warmed into a smile full of bliss even his face full of muscles and toughness had mushed from charm to look as soft as marshmallow.

Aurora and Elourea kept sweetly kept talking about bears and their environment, finding myself slowly starting to drift away into a state of mind thinking about how wonderful life can be when your able to spent it with the ones you love.

Life is truly a mystery....never would I imagine myself here in my early adulthood standing mentally and physically alright and still having the itch to persist further in life.

Always and still I find myself at times weak from my Father's death, but because I surrounded myself with people that would lay their lives for me, they have indeed given me a reason to keep fighting.

And most importantly the day my Father had left, I've had this hole in my heart that could never be fixed no matter how hard I would drown my sorrow,  but through the years of spending time with the people I hold most and keeping Aurora alive.... it has allowed me to explore a new kind of love.

Friendship.....

The night had progressed though.

The sky was as dark as coal and accompanying the evening sky were thousands of shimmering stars twinkling flawlessly, softening my mood.

The night grew cold as swiftly as blowing out a candle, my tiresome body seemed to communicate with my eyelids commanding them to fall like raindrops making my vision become black. This meant my day was coming to an end.

Elourea started to yawn from exhaustion signaling to her Daddy with her arms and cures wanting Mike to tuck her into bed because who's better than Papa bear to tuck in his little cub into her bed....

All the bottles of red wine had reached its bottom, along with the main course had been wiped clean like a hurricane. All that was left from the seasoned chicken was its tendons, bones, and skin to look as clean as wolf's had come to dinner.

Aurora and I both said our goodbyes to everyone, but most importantly we graciously thanked the host for such a wonderful night. A night that I was truly able to drift away from reality, and just the wonders from this life.

"We should do this more often!" Aurora tweeted happily like a robin gobbling down a worm, delight swayed in her tone as pleasant as the springs breeze.

Mike and Nanaba stood side by side, though Nanaba had rested her slim body against a thick pine tree as Mike's hefty arm as an axe wrapped around his mates waist wearing a smile as bright as a lantern from elevation.

"I wouldn't miss getting another chance to see Smith lose again, especially to Berner." Mike commented with a mischievous smirk spread across his lips, but with his free hand was held out for us to shake.

A grin curls across my lips from amusement, enclosing our palm as one to roughly shake our hand as though we where playing tug of war.

"Next time, how about we ought to try chess instead?" I remarked with grin knowing this was my territory of an instant win "Less probability, more strategy."

Mike still wore his playful grin smeared across his mouth like lipstick, but his tongue hesitated on how to respond...knowing my tongue spoke the truth.

"Just do us all a favor Eyebrows and start making your way back to HQ." Mike lightly teased passing a hefty chuckle sound as thick as cutting down a tree feeling his warm palm remove itself from mine.

Got him.

Spotting Mike's hesitation fueled my bloodstream with victory, but I valued him more than just a friend....he was a brother.

I clench my right hand into a fist, stabbing my hand over my chest directly above my heart to salute as a sign of thanks for two wonderful people.

"Thank you again for everything," I stated having my eyes stuck on Mike like glue, because I was not only grateful for his hospitality but more so our friendship.

Mike and Nanaba both smiled radiantly upon me, feeling nothing but the same attitude towards our friendship.

"Bye bye!" happily giggled Aurora sounding as adorable as hearing a pig oinking, as she waved her hand frantically back and forth like a fan.

The pretty blonde girl smile as luminous as a firefly, prancing with so much optimism like a little doe only attracted me more to be in contact with an angel, sliding my hand into hers to feel her tender skin intertwine with mine.

"Common my love, it's time to go..."

The moment Aurora's dazzling green eyes met mine she released a beautiful smile as stunning as a thousand stars making her even more alluring.

"Yes, your right."

She stood on her tiptoes, and swiftly pressed her lips against my forehead giving me a burst of sudden joy.

Her touch never gets old....

Once her gentle lips were removed from my skin, we both decided to start walking back to HQ side by side, with her hands locked together.

Thankfully Mike and Nanaba didn't live far from HQ, but technically it was about five blocks from the entrance.

"Did you enjoy yourself tonight Erwin?" sweetly asked Aurora directing her beautiful angel face at me shining a loving smile.

Truthfully the time was amazing...but the moment Mike and I bid our last goodbyes, I felt the stress start to spike back within me, because my world was returning to reality.....

"Yes." I responded swiftly, already feeling reality hover over my shoulders as deadly as the grim reaper ready to take me.

Aurora still kept a smile, but it wasn't as bright....she watched me for a few moments longer....

"I have an idea!" she mentioned jumping up and down like a bouncy ball filled with energy sparking like a lighter.

Seeing her act so excited and hyper over something do simple and simple, I felt more ease penetrate my veins the constant pressure straining my head suddenly disappeared....her optimistic personality truly does distract me and takes me to a whole new world.

"What exactly is it Aurora?" I asked raising a brow full of intrigue not understanding how she could have an idea this late at night.

"Common, you'll see!" she laughed happily as she started to pull me to walk faster.

Alright...

Aurora lead the way, as I lazy followed behind her wearing a calm look just admiring her long blonde hair sway back and forth from the night's breeze.

A few minutes had passed with her tugging on my arm like a small puppy seem to have slowly died. Aurora had lead me towards some steep stone steps that peered over the entire village of Hermina, which rested in the middle of the sidewalk that had concrete houses cornering and sloping down.

My heart stops in mid-motion, as my eyes soak up the city and full moon dipping over the concrete walls....

Aurora giggled happily, gently leading me over towards the steps.

"Do you wanna sit and look at the city with me?" she asked with a voice so elegantly and peaceful I nearly missed my breath, but once she exposed all her teeth illustrating I was in heaven.

All my stress and worry seem to fade....just spending time with the one person I hold so dear could please me in the smallest possible ways....not to mention she knows exactly what I would find pleasing.

"I would love to, Aurora."

Aurora's entire body seemed to burst with happiness just from my answer. Her smile was so stunning that you couldn't possibly reflect one as well, or better yet capture her smile through a painting.

The two of us still had our hands locked tightly together, as we started to walk down the concrete steps of Hermina steps both supporting one another.

Once we were both in the middle of the steps we released our hands.

Aurora slowly lowered herself to the nearest step and sat down. I decided to take one step up and have Aurora's upper body lay against my abdomen and chest. With my legs spread out for her upper body to rest, my hips had concealed her lower body like a bridge.

I was shielding her like a peanut shell while she was the nut itself. Two people in love looking at the city of Hermina both in one's arms.

The wind was lowly dancing through the village, as the townhouses were pitch black all sound asleep resting for another day...

Everything surrounding me was silent as a mouse, which gave more serenity in my blood.

In this life, I've learned the simplest things please me the most. Just sitting quietly in the darkness with my head leaned back to gaze upon the night's sky brights me instant satisfaction  I'm just so blessed that I've found a person that is willing to explore these moments with me.

In the distance low hooting noises were calling out to the unknown...but there was one voice that makes my spine melt.

"Erwin..." said Aurora with a voice as alluring as hearing a harp, she then tilted her head backwards exposing her enchanting green eyes dazzling like emeralds.

I lower my head and gaze down at her beautiful complexion giving me more comfort in my veins. "Yes, my love?"

Her cheeks darken as pink as a peony filled with discomfort, meaning something is bothering her and I was determined to find out why.

"I just wanted to ask you, how are you doing?" she released a smile still with pink flushed through her skin.

Hmmm....her concerns are directly about me?

Realizing this was the issue, and her attention was focus on me I couldn't help but feel more peace with myself, knowing my bride-to-be will forever care about me...

"It's nothing that you need to worry about Aurora."I responded with a tiny smile finding comfort from her question. "My heart is dedicated to the Survey Corps, and it's a never-ending story." I ended, allowing my arms to rest on top of her chest falling towards her waist.

She smiled with peace eased in her muscles grabbing both of my arms, but deep down I know she worries constantly about my health....which is one thing I treasure most about her.

"Good." she replied as her tiny fingers managed to secure around mine like a ribbon. "You know I'm always here for you."

I smile charmed by her words, and the truth is that she is sincere about her commitment.

"Likewise Aurora."

I smile as I lean my head closer to hers pressing my lips against her mouth to express my love.

Aurora smiled blissfully as we begin to indulge from my touch both pulling and thrusting our mouths together to mix our saliva together.

Though we were both kissing one another upside down it didn't stop us from expressing our passion.

Tomorrow was approaching, and little did I know, tomorrow is the day where history has started to change....

The Following Morning

I was minding my own business, with my nose stuck in a book as my moment of silence was disturbed by a loud...

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

The door slowly creaked open as footsteps slam the floorboard interrupting my train of thought about the current book possessed in my palms.

"Smith." spoke a familiar voice.

The moment the person behind me finished calling my name, I instantly recognize the voice.

Keith? What does he want...

I carefully close my book feeling as though my stomach had been tied in a knot from the Commanders arrival, giving my full attention to our Commander.

"Sir?" I swiftly reply, placing the book I was reading back in it's post only feeling interest spark my bloodstream.

In Shadis's palm, he gripped a neatly rolled-up parchment paper that had handwritten scribbles splattered all over.

The moment I eyed my surroundings and understood the purpose, I could already sense the paper levitating towards me.

"I'm in need of a favor." began Shadis with a focused look, brown eyes darted on me like a target. "But first, allow me to explain why I need your assistance Smith.."

My immediate reaction towards his proposal was irritation and frustration because Shadis always gives me the hardest task since our comrades can't fulfill his request....but then again how many people are in my position?

"The men in our supply unit have been reporting thievery these last couple of weeks, most of which include the maneuver gear." said Shadis as he handed me the parchment paper as I predicted.

Commoners stealing the maneuver gear? Odd, why would villagers need our equipment?

Curiosity starts to boil in my blood, as my hand grabs the parchment paper itching to know what and who was written on it.

"The men who have reported these incidents were able to give me a description of the appearances of the thieves."

Shadis's brown eyes became more and more tensed from explaining the situation looking as stern as iron, finding the situation stressful, since he had to beg his best Squad Leader to weasel in...

"Two males and one female, their description is provided below along with all the stolen items."

I listened to his every word, and already I knew where I was coming along with this problem......
I was the one who was going to fix it.

"I want you and Mike's squad to handle this issue, but keep it lowkey." he breathed with caution.  "I expect those thieves to be placed behind bars for trespassing on private grounds, and by all means, Erwin, do whatever it takes to bring them to justice." huffed Shadis, saluting me with his right fist over his heart.

My energy instantly shoots like a rocket once Shadis mentioned the form of justice. I was eager and felt empowered knowing I was the one who was going to personally give life-threatening orders.

I saluted my Commander back, feeling my adrenaline throbbing so vastly it was making my body quiver even I felt my heart about to burst from my chest.

"You have my word sir." I raise my right hand clenching a tight fist, to be placed on my heart. "Those criminals will be brought to justice."

Shadis's nodded his head approvingly.

It's always an honor being able to be in charge of a mission. Getting the power to command and tell people what to do, but I can't help but badger on the issue that these thieves must be rather skilled if Commander Shadis had to ask his two best Squads to play a game of cat and mouse?

Without any further delay, I gather my squad along with Mike's as we start heading down towards the storage unit hoping I'll find some evidence or traces that would link us towards the thieves.

The only two soldiers absent from our expedition was Nanaba or course, but also Aurora.

Originally Aurora was supposed to stay with the Survey Corps today, but they had assigned her to help over at Garrison Branch, and given the sudden change in events, it might be the best in both worlds...

We were heading down towards the supply unit, with my head held high leading the pack but the only sensation boiling in my blood was protection. I felt like a mother duck leading her baby ducklings....

Once we reached the unit, I crouched down to the level of the crates and weapons. My eyes beginning to examine every single block and space available in this shielded room. With every blink of an eye, I was trying to piece together this crime scene and understand what I'm working with.

Hmmm., the ground is clear as diamonds. There is no sort of blood drops or bullet capsule remains on the floorboard. These thieves are swift with their work....

All my soldiers surrounded me like a pack of wolves, but instead of vicious large white teeth growling at their prey, they waited with anticipation of what my call will be.

These thieves will no doubt be a challenge...better get everyone familiar with their appearances.

I rise back to my feet and handed the paper that had described the images of the thieves to the closest soldier to me.

"I want everyone to get a good look at our criminals."

I'll still linger around these floors and see what I can find. Hopefully, I'll find something....

"Sir!" called Mike, pointing west from our location. "I don't think we need to be looking much longer."

Everyone including myself turns towards the direction Mike was pointing, and attached to the roof of the building was a little bug that equally matched the description of the paper.

"SHIT!" she yelled jumping off from the wall zooming off like lightning.

The moment I spotted our target I felt my entire body spazz from excitement feeling as though I was electrocuted from my adrenaline pumping, providing me the energy to compete this task.

"FOLLOW HER!" I commanded loudly pointing my index forward.

Instantly everyone obeyed my command like a horse, thrusting their hips forward as the maneuver gear starts to play in action, dragging them across the streets.

We didn't give our thieve much of a head start all credits to Mike for spotting her so quickly. We only gave her fifteen feet in advance but we were tailing her like lions chasing a zebra.

"SIR!" yelled Sebastian looking over his shoulder towards the unit. "They are scattered, and one is heading inside the unit."

The wind was blowing my locks forward covering my eyebrows making me have bangs like a four-year-old, but I manage to catch a glimpse of what exactly he was mentioning.
Another small bug had crept inside the unit not even trying to cover his tracks since the other redhead bug managed to capture all my duck's attention.

I should have guessed they are conspiring together.

"Sebastian, you Mosses, and Josephine go get the one from the unit. The rest of you focus on the girl." I ordered more than certain this plan of mine will succeed.

Right away, Sebastian, Josephine, and Mosses pull back their speed and effortlessly change their direction back towards the one that got away....

That's two....but where is the third one?

The girl thief was giving us a rather good obstacle field. Turning sharp corners from street to street, zig-zagging through each building really giving my squad a re-fresher in agility, but something ahead was approaching that prevented me and Mike from exceeding further.

There stood two buildings side by side nearly scraping one another barely giving the other one space. The tiny compressed space was approaching faster and faster with every blink.

Damn, I'm not gonna make it.

My speed had slowly come to an end realizing I was too large to fit through that tiny space, but that didn't stop the rest of my comrades...all but Mike.
I felt the houses vibrant as all my ducklings zoom through the tight space still tailing the girl closely.

This was Mike and I's hold back, our measurements, but that only gave me a more reason to come up with a crafty new plan.

Perhaps I can corner the girl from a different direction, it seems her tracks are random so she has no specific way to go.

But before I could advance any further Mike seemed to have caught glimpse of the remaining piece.

Mike sped off as quickly as a fly, charging bravely towards the direction of our his new target.

The third thief..

The third target noticed Mike's approach and acted even faster, with his feet he pushed off a building roof gaining more speed to dive quicker down the streets.

These thieves are as skilled with the gear as my own soldiers...
Trying to chase them isn't the answer to this fight. I must override them by simply cornering them.

Once I understood what must be done,  I lunged my daggers into the concrete wall, pulling my body upwards towards the sky as I begin to glide effortlessly through the air.

I kept a good distance between Mike and the dwarf, preparing myself when I need to step in and catch the dwarf unexpectedly.

Mike managed to catch up with the dwarf closely like a tango, but he roared like a lion slashing his swords at the dwarf which didn't affect him.

The dwarf managed to find a lope hole, as he zoomed forward through an open window causing Mike to slash his swords against the entrance of a window breaking the panel.

Suddenly a light bulb had flicked off in my brain once I saw the dwarf exit from the other side of the building.

That's it. I need to sneak up on him, and catch him from the other entrance of a building, making it an unexpected play.

I just need Mike to do that again.

Mike as heroic as he was, kept attacking and trusting his swords at the dwarf, giving him a reason to sweat and fight back, but Mike's strength wasn't the way to defeat this dwarf....it was the element called wits.

The dwarf knew he couldn't get the second-best squad leader off his tail, so he decided to change course. He effortlessly spun a three-sixty spin flying past Mike which directed him down another alley and pathway.

"DAMN IT!" yelled Mike, growing aggravated having to do the exact motion to hopefully catch back up with his prey.

My heart skipped a beat, realizing the dwarf had changed direction, and he was approaching my path.

All I have to do is catch him from above.

With every heartbeat beaten, the dwarf was approaching fast so I needed to act quickly.

I align myself with the dwarf's path, positioning myself at the top of the building where he was headed for.
I crouch down like a frog, close to the exit of the window waiting for my target to spring out.

The dwarf still had Mike up on his tail, but they were approaching my building and the dwarf knew exactly how to use this situation to his advantage...

The dwarf leaped through the window causing Mike to fall back, and with a blink of an eye his body was escaping through the exit.

My heart raced seeing this was my moment, and my adrenaline kicked in instantly providing me the strength to fling off the concrete building falling towards the dwarf, wielding in both of my palms swords.

The dwarf noticed my jump, but still caught him off guard because of Mike's excellent tailing which made him start tumbling down.

As gravity took its toll our bodies began to drop, but that didn't stop our hands from dancing.

The dwarf had managed to pull out a small dagger catching my sudden strike and easily started to fight back.

I tighten my grip around my swords, using all my strength into sword fighting making sure he didn't touch my skin.

As the two of us kept thrusting our swords at each others both managing to counter ones move, but the dwarf went out of line.

The dwarf japped his dagger over towards my side, but I easily caught his attack hitting the dagger strongly, forcing his hands back to resting postion.

With no dagger in his palm, I begin to notice the closer we were to the ground.

Damn, with this fall I could get seriously injured! I need some gas to prevent my fall.

With more reason igniting my adrenaline to stay alive, I use my feet to throw the dwarf off of me and right away I force my gear to start blowing some gas to prevent an injury.

Too the dwarf acted like me blowing some gas from his gear helping his fall.

Given we've fallen from a building we pounded the ground like rocks, causing our bones to ache and the swords in my palm to fall, but
but thanks to my sudden thought it could have ended worst.

"Damn." I huffed, but I forced myself to numb the pain spazzing in my bones because that wasn't important.

The dwarf being the dwarf not having much muscle and skin on his body gave him an advantage of picking himself up faster.

He sped towards me throwing a steady punch at my face, but I managed to act faster catching his fist while sneaking my other hand towards his other fist to also capture it.

I was lying flat on my back having to restrain a dwarf by his bare fist from pounding me so  brutally I beat blood would be shed.

Both of my palms were gripping his fist so tightly I could feel sweat slide down my back because of the strength I was straining on my muscles from holding him back.

This is enough! I'm tired of this nonsense.

I groan from his fight, and used every single last drop of energy in me to throw this dwarf off me, which gave me a small moment to pick myself up and continue this fight.

The moment my feet were planted on the ground he once again charged at me like a bull but this time directing his fist towards my abdomen.

I quickly dodge his punch, and with the motion in progress I managed to once again grasp his wrist with one arm and with my other grip his shoulder to strongly twist his upper body clockwise to get him in an uncomfortable position.

I successfully managed to restrain him by dislocating his shoulder as well as having his back turned towards me.

"It's over." I commander harshly tightening my grip around his twisted shoulder hoping to add more pain to ease his feistiness.

The dwarf didn't even cry from my grip...pain didn't affect his body one bit, it only upset him more giving him more ammunition to fight.

As he struggled to break free, I had to strengthen my control on just like taming a tiger. Next time I won't underestimate someone small and puny like a dwarf because he might as well compete with my strength or even better.

Incredible...never have I met someone who's so petite and has managed to be as strong and skilled as me...

"SIR!" shouted Sebastian, holding the second thief by his shoulder. "We got one of them." he grinned proudly exposing that his hands were tied behind his back with a sturdy knot.

The thief squirmed still trying to fight, but it all seemed to have stopped when Mike brought in the girl in.

"Smith, here's the other bug!" said Mike with an irritated voice, trapping the girl by the shoulder.

"OUCH!" she whined. "That hurts!" she cried like an injured deer.

The dwarf eyed his surroundings realizing he was outnumbered. With defeat around him, he dropped his head indicating a sign of retreat.

With my fingers still gripping his shoulder and his arm tightly, I could feel his muscles loosen
not even trying to fight anymore.

Seems I've found this dwarf's weakness. These two seem to have an impact on him...
Good to know...

"That's what I thought." I spat with an annoyed look, not even considering letting go.

"Josephine." I yelled looking at her. "I need some rope."

Quickly Josephine came rushing towards me, as I brought the dwarf's body back to normal and even fixed his dislocated shoulder....thanks to Aurora's stretching.

I still restrained the dwarf pulling his hands behind his back as Josephine began to tie his wrist together.

All the three street rats had their wrist tied together in an unbreakable knot that was forced behind their backs.

Then Mike had forced them to all knelt at me, facing me with sour looks of defeat and having their heads dropped lowly like an acorn refusing to look at me.

Gazing down at these caught rats that wore faces sour than lemons couldn't expand my pride and ego, because truthfully they were a challenge.

Given how proud I was of my accomplishment, I can't be a complete narcissist in forgetting who had helped.

My Squad and Mike's

Now it's time for answers.

I stood in the front of them with my arms folded across my chest having my legs slightly open as my eyes glared down at them like hawks.

"How did you learn to use the gear?" I asked with a glare.

The girl with the pigtail raises her head and plucks her lips together shooting a spitball right between my feet.

"Like we'd ever tell you." she spat viciously, with a clacking laugh.

I thought I would resort to this....

"Alright." I stated so calmly like a river. "It seems as though you still haven't learned your lesson...." I hissed rather lowly like a snake.

"If you don't want to stay in prison for the rest of your lives, you best hope to start enlightening me with some answers!" I stated roughly scrunching my eyebrows together with an intimidating look.

The pigtail girl drops her playful mood quickly, because specifically law and prison is a topic she has experience with.

Finally the leader of the three raised his head with his dark eyes glaring into my soul.

"Why don't you ask that girl who has tits for brains, about it!" he barked up furiously with a fearsome glare.

What is he talking about?

"She was stupid enough to spill everything and so dumb enough to believe we actually were interested in it!"

The moment he breathed his last words it felt like putting the last puzzle piece together, I knew exactly who the dwarf was talking about.

There is only one person I know who's kind enough to others and would be so helpful.

I'll deal with Aurora and her consequences later, but as of now I need to focus on one problem at a time

"Levi, don't talk about her like that!" fussed the pigtail girl. "Remember how nice she was giving us all that money for a new home!

The other thief too slipped a tiny smile remembering she was the only soldier who was ever nice to them.
"Not to mention she would give us seconds on bread." he whispers lowly to the leader.

Hmm....I remember this girl now. She stole for a living, and I would assume her posse is as well.
If I threaten them with only just prison time, I doubt they'll coqurate just how I would envision...
Instead why not use their background to my advantage and manipulate them of what they treasure most with each other.

Companionship,

I'll give them a chance to be together since I sense this is all what they have...each other.
If they refuse my offer I'll counter them by sending them to jail, hoping this will
exploit their weakness of feeling lonely and emptiness since I'll see to it personality that they won't be together...in fact they won't even be able to hear a whisper...

With conspiring and coming up with a result, I couldn't help but pass a tiny smirk of enjoyment....but I quickly brush off my satisfaction and return to business.

"I'm going to offer you the three a deal." I began with a sharp look.

All the heads had somehow risen like a flower gaining water.

"Despite your ethics and moral values towards this city, I'm going to give you the opportunity to join the Survey Corps instead of spending the rest of your days rotting in small a dusty cell."

All my ducklings gasp and whisper from my offer, but didn't dare to interrupt since I was Shadis right hand man.

The pigtail girl tilts her head to the side thinking about my offer.

"Will I be able to eat three times a day?" she asked really interested in my deal.

"Isabel!" shouted the brown hair thief. "You can't be serious taking into consideration the hedges for eyebrows offer?'

My patience starts to grow thin from his snarky comment, but greatness always comes with a price...

The leader focused his stare towards me."Will we be treated exactly like any other solider?" he asked with a glare.

Not as gullible as I thought....

"Depends how you treat your comrades." I reply with a brow raised.

"Its that simple." I hissed with a cocky smirk.

The dwarf released an unpleasant glare from my response, seeing I wasn't scared of him and would take every possible chance to fight with him...

"One more question." he asked still having a glare as sharp as darts.

"How did you managed to get a ring on your finger when having wedges on your forehead? I mean it's clear to me that looks weren't your best trait....your brows look like a child had drawn on them." he asked rudely.

As calm as I could be, I felt a hint of anger drop in my blood from his question. He knew how to test my patience.

I knew the moment our eyes met, we would fight like cats and dogs....

Our language would be so fearsome but our bite would be left to kill one another.

It's either him or me.
We both despise one another that we're going to kill each other sooner or later.....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.7K 169 31
⚠ WARNING ⚠ THIS IS AN EARLIER VERSION (A PROTOTYPE) OF EPIPHANY. PLEASE DO NOT READ THIS IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE FINAL VERSION OF EPIPHANY. I have...
2.6K 119 44
"What's wrong? You can't fight men so you take it out on your woman? Cmon, fight me. You're a man aren't you? Fight me like one." Y/n lifts her head...
16.4K 555 30
𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐝! [ 𝟐𝐍𝐃 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐓𝐎 "𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐄𝐒- 𝐘𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐈 𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐄𝐑𝐌𝐀𝐍" ] -。.。:∞♡* in which, In this reincarnated...
6.8K 124 20
The overwhelming power of a human is a lie. She is an angel, with beauty and the strength that resembles one. Save us. Please. "Sometimes, when you'...