Complex || YoonKook (Comple...

By hay_bangtan

Complex (adjective): consisting of many different and connected p... More

Doe Eyes and Pout
History
Piled Up
Shock
You Again
My JK
Under Control
Banana Bread
Those Eyes
Bad Friends
BLUE!
Who?
B1306
Wake Up
Don't Care
Joke
Christmas Lights
I'm Waiting
Expectations
Good Side
Locked Door
Why Not Both?
Taken
Your Hope
The Song
Approved
Betrayal
K-Drama
Sleepover 🔥
He's Back
Options
Min Yoongi
Loyalty
Picture
Mother Dearest
Paris
Connected
I Accept
Suga
Agust D
Sweat
Burn The Shirts
Frustrated 🔥
Cuddles
Fan Meet
The Song
Strange Dream
Cranberry Vodka
Drunk
Pop Princess
He's Not Fine
Tear
Questions
Fired
She Knows
I Miss You
Kink 🔥
Enjoy
Don't Leave
I Prefer Wine
Happier
Crushed
I'm Sorry
Desperate
Change Of Plans
New Best Friend
Genius
Believe Me
Bliss 🔥
I Remember
Let's Talk
Overwhelmed
WTF
Irene
Mentor
Let's Talk Later
Lunch Date
Gummies and Squid Chips
Medical Record
Almost Perfect
I Do Exist
Retrogression
Hi From Author Nim

I Know

134 13 4
By hay_bangtan

Jungkook's POV-

The talk was going fine. I went in with a better attitude and it was all fine, but as soon as he started talking- defending rather, what Jin said all of my level headed, rational thought processes were gone. I was irate.

I thought there was no way Jin had told him everything. Namjoon would never defend what was said if he had, and I was right.

He didn't know the whole story. Jin hadn't told him. I can't believe Jin never told him! It's been years.

Tears are blurring my eyes as I make it to Yoongi's studio and try to open the door, forgetting it's locked.

I start to pound on the door but my strength starts to leave my body. I turn my back to lean against, slowly sliding down the door to the ground as I start getting light headed.

I feel the door being pulled open just as my eyes close.

Yoongi's POV-

"Hey. Sorry if I kept you waiting. I was showing Kook where Namjoon's studio is."

"I haven't been here for long at all. Don't worry." He smiles at me as I make it to the keypad and get the door opened.

"You know the code, you could have just come in."

"Like I said, I hadn't been out there long." He says as he moves to take a seat in the couch.

I take off my jacket, throwing it over the back of my desk chair before turning it around to take a seat opposite him.

He seems tense. And anxious.

"Yeol, what's wrong?"

He slides his palm along his thigh. "Well... like I said the other night, Irene was going to try to blackmail me. With a secret and I. I just... I have to tell you something. And I don't want it to change anything between us, but I'm afraid it will."

"You can tell me anything. I would never think any differently of you." I smile encouragingly at him. I would never judge my friend. "What is it?"

"It's not that simple..."

"Okay. Take your time, I'm in no rush."

It's silent while he taps his foot and drums his fingers against his leg until he finally lets it out.

"I... was in love with you. For years."

My heart drops and my jaw threatens to do the same, but I manage to hold it in place.

She threatened him with this?

"And before you say anything, please just know that I adore Jungkook and I am so glad that you have him. He is perfect for you. You need him. I'm the one that told you that, remember?So please don't think that I'm not happy for you or anything."

"Yeol..."

He stands up from his seat as he starts to pace, voice becoming shaky while his eyes fill with tears waiting to fall.

"He is so good for you and... I'm just happy that you know this now but please, I don't want anything to change. I have been seeing Baekhyun for a little while now and I promise I'm over it." His voice cracks as his tears finally start to fall.

"Please don't shut me out. I don't want anything to change. You can still depend on me. I'm still the same. I don't want it to change..."

His hands are visibly trembling as he clenches and unclenches them.

"Irene threatened to tell me this if you didn't help her?"

"Y-yes. I couldn't let that happen. Helping her has never been an option and when she said she would tell you this, I couldn't let her. But I also wasn't ready to confess anything. To tell you. That's why I needed some time to figure out how to do this.

"To gather the courage to tell you because it had to come from me. I'm so sorry I didn't tell you sooner. I just didn't want anything to change... But I should have told you sooner."

"Yeol, I um..." I hesitate before I look up at him, trying to hide my smile that would be wildly inappropriate in this moment.

"I already knew about this." I inform cautiously.

He stops in his tracks and snaps his head in my direction.

"What? What do you mean?"

"Irene told me this years ago. She's known this for years." I say as I stand up and walk to him.

"Wh-what? Why would she-"

"She was jealous that I was spending more time with you than her so she tried to make me uncomfortable around you. So that I would spend less time with you."

"You never said anything?"

"We did talk about it once." I furrow my brows as I look up at him. "You really don't remember?"

"No-" His furrowed brows slowly move up in realization. "Was it when I was in the hospital? After I- When I was-"

I bring my hands up and wipe the tears off of his cheeks before taking his hands and pulling him to the couch to sit down with me.

"Yes. Around Christmas the year after you were released. The night you-" I immediately cut myself off, not wanting to drudge up the terrible memory.

Not wanting to remind us of the night he'd called me sobbing, telling me he'd taken the whole bottle of medication and needed help.

That he'd changed his mind. That he wanted to live.

I rephrase. "When we were at the hospital. I was laying in the bed by you and we talked about it. I asked you if what she said was true."

"I said that it was, but I would get over it. That I knew you didn't feel the same."

He sniffles as he seems to begin to remember what our conversation was that day.

"Yes. We talked about it. I told you it was okay. That even if I didn't feel love in the same degree that you did, that I did love you. That I can't imagine my life without you in it," I smile, tears in my eyes, still holding his shaking hand in mine. "I still feel that way Yeol, but do you still feel that same love for me? Or have you overcome those romantic feelings."

He nods. "I didn't know if I had. That's why after I spoke with her I turned off my phone. I needed time to figure out what to do. To think about if I was because I didn't know. The more I thought about it though the more I realized how much Baek means to me.

"I wasn't planning on going to the meeting with you all. She was so furious when the blackmail didn't work and I still said no. I figured she told you the minute she left my dorm.

"I was worried sick that everything had changed and it was out of my control. I didn't want to see you if it was going to be awkward but I needed to be there. To tell you all what she did."

"I'm so happy for you and Baek, Chan. You know he's one of the few people I don't mind spending time around." I smile at him as I wipe another tear that has fallen. "But Yeol, do you understand what this means? How huge this is?"

"What do you mean?"

"Irene blackmailed you knowing that if you didn't take the bait it would be a dead end. She was bluffing and you called her on it. This confirms that she has nothing.

"She went to you completely blind, and she wouldn't do that if she had any other option. She went in hoping you hadn't admitted this to me already because she knew that I already knew."

"You're right. This was a last ditch attempt at information about Jungkook. She has nothing!" He looks at me with wide eyes and a big smile.

"Yes, that's what I'm saying!" My smile fades a little as I start to think back on the other night. "Why can't she find any information about him, Yeol. I don't understand. Have you tried to look into him?"

"No. Should I?"

"I think we should. Maybe we can find something before she does or- I don't know, figure out why she can't find anything in the first place?"

"Okay, I can make some calls. My contacts aren't as good as hers by any means, but I'll see what I can do."

"I think that will be good. And, please don't think anything would change our friendship Yeol. Is that why you kept apologizing the other night?"

"I thought she was going to tell you..."

"Technically she did, but it was eight years ago." I chuckle.

He laughs along with me for a little while until he goes quiet, looking deep in thought for a moment.

"So, I do have something else I've been thinking.... it's about Taehyung."

"Awe yes. Our little blue haired criminal mastermind. I greatly underestimated that kid didn't I?" I chuckle. "What about him?"

"Are you going to let Jungkook be your assistant?" Chanyeol asks me.

"Absolutely not."

"What if Taehyung did it then."

I smile at the thought. Now there's an idea.

"I hadn't really thou-"

I am suddenly cut off by the sound of loud pounding which seems to be coming from the hallway outside the door.

Yeol and I both stand up in surprise as we rush to the door.

I press the button to get it unlocked and just as I pull it open I hear a loud, distressed voice.

"Jungkookie! Can you hear me?!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61.9K 2.7K 64
❤I never even dreamt of seeing him from my bare eyes in my whole life...But knowing him from this close was something that I will never forget... ❤"...
77.4K 2.7K 87
Jungkook: You're going to be a good girl aren't you? I nod Yoongi: I can't hear you... are you going to be a good girl? You: Yes, yes I am This was j...
189K 8.5K 69
"You've decided, here and now, the next time you have the opportunity to be alone and intimate with Yoongi, you won't stop yourself. You are drawn to...
336K 29.4K 81
[soulmate au] when you're close enough to your soulmate, you start dreaming about them- more specifically their innermost thoughts, hopes and subcons...