Cruel Summer • Vampire Diaries

By undeadbelova

♡˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ONGOING, SLOW UPDATES In which a girl with a secret, moves back to her hometown after being gone fo... More

CRUEL SUMMER!
001. lexa and vicki
002. hello, belgium
003. the intervention
004. for them
005. the stellar coven
006. where's my mind?
007. lexa unleashed
008. spill the beans
009. night of the comet
010. lexa has an epiphany
011. friday night bites
012. who let the rat in?
013. family ties
014. lexa, the wing woman
015. sexy suds car wash
016. lost girls
017. runaway baby vampire
018. haunted
019. ethereal
020. lovers that went wrong
021. 162 candles
022. history repeating
023. emily bennett
024. the promise of your future
025. the turning point
026. bloodlines
027. no more lies
028. unpleasantville
029. lexa's protector
030. children of the damned
031. the betrayal
032. fool me once
033. petrova
034. a few good men
035. the bachelor fundraiser
036. jealousy, jealousy
037. there goes the neighbourhood
038. let the right one in
039. dangerous lies
040. grief
041. under control
042. you robbed the hospital!
043. miss mystic falls
044. lovebirds
045. isobel
046. bio mum
047. founder's day
048. the accident
049. sister dearest
050. the return
051. brave new world
052. game on
053. day walker
054. wicked games
055. bad moon rising
056. memory lane
057. complicated
059. eager beaver
060. the moonstone
061. plan b
062. if you're happy, than i'm happy
063. the masquerade ball
064. karma's a bitch
065. go fuck yourself
066. rose
067. we can't all have little daylight rings
068. his sister's keeper
069. i owe you
070. the sacrifice
071. by the light of the moon
072. broken little wolf
073. best friends
074. the descent
075. look after you
076. daddy issues
077. crying wolf
078. life is about more than just surviving
079. a new best friend
080. eternal flame
081. know thy enemy
082. the last dance
083. i am not alaric
084. klaus
085. i promise
086. this is the part where you run
087. the last day
088. the sun also rises
089. misery business
090. right person, wrong time
091. as i lay dying
092. a pancake birthday tradition
093. the one that got away
094. the birthday party
095. connor fucking callahan
096. nobody is innocent
097. the end of the affair
098. disturbing behaviour
099. the reckoning
100. stefan's gone mad
101. smells like teen spirit
102. midnight love
103. strange happenings
104. ghost world
105. time to say goodbye
106. straight to the source
107. champagne problems
108. feel something
109. backstabbers
110. homecoming
111. gone girl
112. the new deal
cruel summer has been plagiarised...
113. our town
114. love really does make people pathetic

058. kill or be killed

2.1K 120 9
By undeadbelova

As Elena sat alone, after their argument, Lexa and Caroline approached her. "You okay?" Caroline asked as Elena shook her head, "No." Lexa sat beside her twin, linking her arm with Elena's.

"You know, maybe it's for the best." Caroline said as both of the twins frowned. "It's not for the best, Caroline. None of this is for the best!" Elena snapped, before she sighed. "I'm sorry, okay? I...I don't mean to take it out on you. You're just being a good friend." Caroline's face fell. "No, I'm not. I'm not being a good friend at all." She admitted.

Lexa looked away, seeing Liz leave the park with her phone to her ear. Caroline noticed Lexa was distracted, and followed her gaze, seeing her mother. "Is she leaving?" Lexa asked, before turning to her best friend. "Where is my mom going?" Caroline them asked, before getting up to go after her.

As the Forbes got closer, she overheard her Mum talking. "Look, I can't talk here. Just get Jess and meet me down the hill at the entrance. And bring a...yes we need it." She trailed off. "What's wrong?" Caroline asked, as Liz spun around. "Nothing. I just have something..."

"You mean work? You've surprised me. You last longer than 5 minutes." Caroline complained. "It's important." Liz confessed. "It always is." Caroline huffed, unimpressed. "I'm sorry." Liz said, tearing up, as Caroline stormed off towards the Gilbert twins.

"What's going on?" The twins asked, in unison. "I don't know. Something's up." Caroline said, reaching out to grab Lexa's hand as she led the girls to the woods, where Liz had walked off to.

"Where are you going?" Elena asked, trying to keep up with Caroline and Lexa. "What's going on?" Lexa asked, almost being dragged by her best friend. "I need to be able to hear better." Caroline told them. "Hear what?"

Caroline frowned, trying to listen in. "Something's wrong.." She told the twins. "Caroline..." Elena trailed off. "Shh" Lexa shushed her twin, so Caroline could hear her Mum talking.

"Oh god." Caroline blurted out. "What is it?" Lexa and Elena asked. "Stefan and Damon." Caroline answered them. "What?"

Caroline overheard Mason saying to Liz "You're gonna kill them, right?"To which she replied, "Yes. That's why you should go. Here it's the Council, not the law. You can't be a party to this. It's for your own protection."

"Liz, I don't care about..."

"Yes but I do, and I'm not asking. Goodbye Mason." Liz ordered.

"Care?!" Lexa asked, trying to get her attention. "Caroline, what is it?" Elena demanded. "My mom. She's killing them." Caroline blurted.

"What?!"

Elena motioned forward but Caroline grabbed her arm. "No, no, no, no!" She ordered. "We have to stop her!" Lexa confessed, before trying to tug her twin's arm out of Caroline's grip. "No, I can't. Lexa, Elena, she's gonna find out about me." She insisted but it was too late, as the twins rushed off into the Lockwood cellar. "Lexa! Elena!"

Liz ordered, "Let's do this. Each with a stake in the heart, then burn them both."

The twins rushed inside, Elena hit one of the deputies with a plank of wood, knocking them out. After siphoning magic from Caroline, Lexa used telekinesis to throw the other deputy against the wall, knocking them out also.

Seeing the twins, Liz pointed her gun at them. "Lexa, Elena! What are you doing?" She asked. "You can't kill them!" Elena insisted before Lexa added, "We're not gonna let you."

More deputies approached the twins, but are stopped as they hear a noise that startled them. A door closed by itself, startling everyone. "What was that?" A deputy asked. Sheriff Forbes turned to the Gilberts. "Who else is with you?" She asked.

Suddenly Caroline circled around the cellar at vamp speed. She closed on one of the deputies and bit his neck. The other deputy fired at her, but only shoots the first deputy. When he stops shooting, Caroline rushed from behind and knocked him to the ground. Caroline then revealed herself to her Mum, veins popping out from under her eyes. "Hi mom."

━━━━━ ♥︎ ━━━━━

Damon fed on one of the deputies, before checking on Stefan, who was struggling. Elena and Lexa sat with Stefan. Caroline and Liz were sitting quietly in another corner of the cell.

"You need to drink some deputy blood." Damon spoke up, as Stefan refused. "No. I'm gonna be fine. It's just gonna take a little bit longer." He decided. "Damon's right you know. If there's ever time to break your diet..." Caroline spoke up, entering the part of the cellar where they were. "He said he didn't want it, okay?" Elena huffed at Damon.

Damon faced Liz. "This is a most unfortunate situation. Two deputies dead and you... What am I gonna do with you?" He asked. "You won't tell anyone, will you? Mom? Mom? Please." Caroline asked, as Lexa stood beside Caroline. "Care." She trailed off, taking her hand.

"Look, I know that we don't get along and that you hate me but I'm your daughter and you'll do this for me, right? Mom, please. He will kill you." The Forbes admitted. Liz looked to her daughter, "Then kill me."

"No!"

Sheriff Forbes shook her head, "I can't take this. Kill me now." She insisted, before looking to Damon. Damon bent down to look her in the eyes. "But you were gonna drag it out so painfully." He said before he suddenly grabbed her. Caroline moved forward up quickly, letting go of Lexa's hand. "No, no, no, no, no, no, no!"

"Damon, don't!" Lexa growled, casting a spell under hear breath which caused Damon suddenly feel pain surge through his head, "Stop-" Damon hissed as the Gilbert slightly released the spell, enough for him to be able to at least speak. "Relax guys. No one is killing anybody." Damon winced before he looked to Liz, "You're my friend." He looked at the deputies, "We've got to clean this up."

━━━━━ ♥︎ ━━━━━

Sarah, a friend of Jeremy and Tyler called out, "Jeremy, come upstairs with me. See how a bad drunk I can be." Whilst holding the moonstone in her hand, which Tyler was trying to keep away from Mason. Allira, who stood at the bottom of the stairs deadpanned Sarah, at her flirting attempts with Jeremy. Jeremy chuckled before replying with, "I'm good, thanks."

Tyler walked up the stairs and tried to take the moonstone from Sarah's hands. He took it, but reaching out she tripped and felldown the stairs, hitting her head on the floor. She lied there motionless.

Sienna, who was walking past the stairs, had just watched. Her eyes widened in panicking, thinking she might be dead, but the girl laughed, making it clear she had pranked them, before getting up. Sienna sighed in relief, as Tyler hadn't broken his curse. Tyler noticed Sienna watching, with worry written all over her face, and figured to ask her about it later.

"You pushed me down the stairs!" Sarah huffed at Tyler. "Well you keep stealing his stuff and running around the house." Allira argued, seeming to have beef with Sarah. Jeremy looked to Sarah, "Look, he didn't mean it okay?" He said before looking to Aimee. "You got her?" He asked. Aimee nodded, helping Sarah up. 

Allira just rolled her eyes at Sarah, before she walked towards Jeremy. The Gilbert gave her a confused look, wondering why the Lockwood had this dislike towards Sarah, as she didn't really act hostile towards anyone.

Meanwhile, Sienna continued to walk away.

━━━━━ ♥︎ ━━━━━

There was a knock on the door, Lexa raced over to answer it. "Hey, sorry that took forever. I just didn't know how long my Mum was gonna be here." Caroline said, wheeling a suitcase along with her. Lexa gave her best friend a sympathetic smile, "Damon says it'll take three days tops for the vervain to leave her system. Maybe even sooner." She insisted.

Stefan and Elena walked over to the pair. Caroline turned to Stefan, "Hey! You get some bunny in you?" She asked. Stefan chuckled, before saying "Yeah, I'm feeling much better, thank you."

After a few moments, Lexa and Caroline walked down to the cellar, Caroline stopping to overhear the conversation. "Thank you. It's not exactly the Ritz, but it's secure. Brought you a good thread count. And once the vervain's worked its way out of your system, I will compel you, you will forget everything and you will be a free woman." Damon said, as Liz handed her phone to the Salvatore.

"Can you keep Caroline far away from me please? I don't wanna see her." Liz said, as Caroline frowned. Lexa reached out to put an arm around Caroline, but the blonde moved away. "She's your daughter, Liz." Damon insisted. Liz shook her head, "Not anymore. My daughter's gone." Damon responded, "You have no idea how wrong you are about that."

Caroline's eyes filled with tears, before she turned around and went back upstairs. Quickly, Lexa followed her. The girls walked upstairs to hear Elena and Stefan fighting elsewhere in the house. Ignoring them, they sat on the couch.

"Care... Can I take you home?" Lexa asked, holding Caroline in her arms. The vampire shook her head, "I can't go home." Lexa asked, "Why not?" Caroline replied shakily, "Because I'm scared."

The Gilbert's face fell, "Why are you scared? Care, you can talk to me." She said softly, as Caroline's eyes welled with tears again. "Katherine's gonna be there and she's gonna want me to tell her everything that happened today. She told me I had to spy on Elena and report back to her." Caroline confessed sadly.

"Hey, talk to Elena. She's been so mad at you. But then, if she tried to put herself in your position so that she could understand why you would do this to her... and to Stefan- because he's been such a friend to you." Lexa blurted before frowning. "Care, who did she threaten?"

Caroline frowned, "Lexa... she threatened you— and I'm so scared of her, Lexa! I am so scared of her." The Forbes cried out. Lexa felt her heart sink, realising that Caroline was doing all of this to protect her. She couldn't help but wonder if Katherine had rubbed it in Caroline's face that she could have killed the Gilbert.

"I'm scared too." Lexa admited, her arm around Caroline.  "Why is she doing this? What does she want?" The blonde asked, annoyance in her voice as Alexia sighed. "That's the million dollar question."

━━━━━ ♥︎ ━━━━━

Sienna was walking to the kitchen when she felt herself get shoved into the nearest wall. Frantically, she saw Tyler holding her down, his arm pushing against her neck. He motioned for her to be quiet, not wanting Carol or Mason to hear this conversation, but without another moment passing Sienna shoved Tyler, as he fell back into the wall behind him with a lot of force.

"Touché.." Tyler admitted as Sienna frowned, "What the fuck was that for!?" She hissed as Tyler motioned for her to be quiet again, and grabbed her arm, before leading her elsewhere.

Now in Richard's study, Tyler faced Sienna. "Cece, you have some explaining to do." He demanded.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9K 302 47
Based on season One of TVD... Four months after the tragic car accident that killed their parents, 17-year-old Elena and Ellie Gilbert and their 15-y...
143K 4.2K 18
[ edited! and finished! ] In this thrilling first book of the series, Caroline Forbes thinks that everything can go back to normal. With her boyfrien...
108K 3.5K 21
It's an oc x oc story. The two characters are already in a relationship at the beginning of the story. It's a grumpy/sunshine relationship except the...
58.9K 2.5K 31
It's the summer before senior year for Caroline Forbes. More importantly, it's been one month of dating the guy of her dreams, Klaus Mikaelson. Every...