CHAPTER 46

"I can listen no longer in silence.
You pierce my soul. I am half
agony, half hope. I have loved
none but you."

- Jane Austen, Persuasion

___________________________________________

Hey stars!!

Sorry you all had to wait for this chapter. As usual, I had assignments to complete till tomorrow and one is still left. 🙈😂
But no worries, from 25th my winter break starts and hopefully no teacher will give any assignment to do in holidays 🤞🙏

So I'll try to update more regularly ☺️

So yeah...now enjoy the chapter🤗

___________________________________________

Third person's pov

Flashback

Xander completed his work soon than he intended just so he could go back home early.

He was worrying for his Triantáfyllo.

What she must be doing right now? Is she sleeping?

He reached the big black gates of his mansion.

He always dreaded coming home before as no one used to be there for him in that big house, no one waiting but ....she was there now.

His Triantáfyllo.

The lights were all off. Seeing his car, guards opened the gate.

Entering inside, he immediately went to his room. Thinking after freshening up, he'll go up check upon his wife.

It was strange. The lights in his room are on.

Was  someone there inside?

He cautiously opened the door of his room.

On stepping inside, he stood still seeing the sight in front of him.

His Triantáfyllo was laying on his bed, seemingly sound in sleep.
He can't count how many times he imagined her to be here, on his bed, with him, in his arms, her head on his chest and both sleeping peacefully and satisfied.

Unconsciously, a small smile tugged on his lips but that immediately vanished on seeing how she was shivering because of cold.

Firstly, she was sleeping without any cover on her and secondly, she didn't even turn on the heater in the room.

Xander sighed. Taking the blanket laying uselessly on the couch, he could covered her body but stopped on looking at her bare feet.

This girl!!
It's cold outside and she's so careless.

He remembered he bought some things for her , one of them included fuzzy socks. He quickly opened one of his bags and took the neatly packed silver box out with his hands.

He unpacked it in a hurry and took out the white socks.

Going towards her sleeping figure, he knelt beside the edge of the bed and tried to slide the socks on her feet without waking her up.

But he failed as the next moment he felt her kick on his nose.
It was hard, really hard.

He groaned covering his nose.