CHAPTER 119

"I can't do that." She firmly refused.

Xander only raised his brow as if he already expected it.
"What else can you do then?"

"I'm explaining to you that Lucas and I have nothing going on. He's just a friend."

Xander nodded, exceptionally calmly.
"Hmm."

After a moment of silence, he again spoke up,
"By the way..."

"Yes?"

"That....Elisha-"

"Elisha who?" She immediately asked and in her tensed state, she didn't notice a cold glint flashing in his eyes.

"The lady in green. She's Elisha. She can be flirty sometimes but....she doesn't like me."
He very patiently "reminded" her, in her own words.

Scarlett did notice that, her breath stuck in her throat. Why does this feel....so bitter?

As she listened to him, she knew he was using what she had said about Lucas earlier. However, she could now relate to how hr must have felt before.

Wait...why would he feel at this way? He doesn't have any feelings for me I'm sure.

.....Or am I?
His actions, words and behaviour have always shown himself as aloof and a man of no emotions.

....right?

Wait, that wasn't right. She thought back to the times she has spent with him and it was plainly clear that...

Xander had shown plenty of emotions before, isn't it? Anger, happiness, irritation, worry, concern, mischievousness and many more.

So, no-
Xander is not an emotionles man. He actually has a lot of emotions.

A lot.

That he only shows to some select people and for some odd reason, her heartbeat turned fast and a warm feeling emerged inside as she realized that she was the part of those "select people" for him

"Why? Only you have people around those who can flirt...?"

His chilly voice interrupted her thoughts. His words were obviously mocking her and her stance of defending Lucas before but now as she has already realized that he only shows his feelings to a select few, she didn't mind his words that much and instead tried to understand him. Sure enough, if she was in his place, well, similar to how she felt hurt about him being with that lady in green, he must have felt awful about her being with Lucas too.

Her lips curled up in a soft smile as she nodded.
"Of course not, there can be other people like Lucas too or.....th- that lady in green." at the end of her words, she averted her gaze a bit.

Of course there can be but doen't mean you can indulge them.
Scarlett thought so in her heart but she didn't voice it out. She knew he was mad right now and anything she says to defend her and Lucas would only make him more mad.
She just needs to reassure him.

However, Xander wasn't convinced.
He walked closer to her and when a distance of one inch was left in between them, he stopped. His head leaned forward and stopped right at her face level.
Xander reached out to cup her chin before tilting it upwards so that she could look him in the eye.
A smile graced his face, however, his eyes still held that cold gaze.