CHAPTER 123

"Hmm. This is the watch you gifted me." He spoke so tenderly and affectionately as he gazed at her and then at the watch again, his hands gently caressing its sides.

"Yeah." She slowly came back to her senses.
"But...?"

"I got it modified and installed a tracking device in it. Just like that bracelet, I'll connect this watch with your phone so that my sweet and absolutely amazing Triantafyllo will be able to track her husband's location at any time, right my baby?" He smiled a teasing smile and looked down at her from a over before taking a step forward and waking behind her.

Scarlett, on the other hand blushed hard at his words. What does he mean "my baby"?! What does he mean "my sweet and absolutely amazing Triantafyllo?!"
Can't he see I'm so badly embarrassed right now?!

Her subconscious: He can actually. Plus, you are blushing, not embarrassed.

Scarlett: shut up! None of your concern!

But she still continued to fiddle with her finger when she sensed him approaching from behind. What? When did he come to my back? Wasn't he  standing in front of me?
However, she didn't have much time to think because what the next moment she knows is that two sturdy and strong arms had wrapped around her waist with one arms just below her chest. It made her breathing erratic. Oh my god! What should I do?! What to do?! He's so freaking close!

She closed her eyes in a desperate attempt to calm herself down but probably that wasn't the right choice, because the next second, she heard his husky voice just beside her ear, his warm breath tickling her collarbone and there was this urge inside her to just to do nothing and snuggle herself in his warm embrace.

However, the only one cell of rationality left in her mind,
No, you shall no succumb to the alluring warmth of his embrace! Be alert!

And she got alert.

But Xander's husky voice was still able to bewitch her.
"Look into the mirror, my Triantafyllo."

"Mirror? Where did a mirror come from?" She unconsciously blurted out her direct thoughts.

A deep chuckle sounded as soon as the words left her mouth.

However, hearing her words, his laughed and shook his head.
"Open your eyes first, triantafyllo." He reminded her.

She did as he said and after looking at the mirror, she realised that somehow, they were already standing a few steps away from where they had stood before.
While she was in a daze, she must have subconsciously walked along with him.

"There's my watch and your bracelet." He pointed towards the counter top and she nodded as her gaze fell on that silver black watch and white diamond bracelet, they both looked quite exquisite against the black counter top.

His tightened his grip around her as he brought his chin to rest in her shoulder and kissed the side of her neck.
"Let's put it on each other."

"O - Okay." She nodded.

As she slowly took his hand and put on the watch for him, her whole attention was focused on fastening the watch and that she should not make any mistake while doing it. However, what she failed to notice was that there was an extremely gentle and doting gaze focused on her from above.

Xander looked affectionately at his sweet wife and wanted nothing more than to just keep her in his arms forever, his own treasure.

The watch was fastened.

"Tak!"

"Hey!" She looked up and was stunned by his intense gaze and quickly snapped her fingers in front of him to bring him out of his daze.